[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 120 KB, 770x960, 890367-sonic.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6311943 No.6311943 [Reply] [Original]

Is this worth picking up? How is the emulation quality?

>> No.6313635

>>6311943
If you are posting from a computer, download an emulator on it and instead invest in a half decent genesis controller.

>> No.6313643

It's probably the single best official rom collection for consoles so if you're into that is pretty much a must have. If you're the kind of person who thinks paying for things is retarded like the anon above me, you probably wouldn't be posting this thread.

>> No.6313728

>>6311943
>paying for inferior emulation
But why?

>> No.6313729

>>6311943
In Space Harrier the voice sound is pitched up so that it sounds like the guy is on helium. It's mostly a perfectly ok comp with a very good selection of games, but now that M2 is doing Sega's retro stuff (and adding in new features and the like) it looks kinda half-assed by comparison. If you just want to play games on your living room TV and you can get it cheap, why not.

>> No.6313739

Just use Genesis Plus GX. If you want it for the roms go for it, but as someone who tried to perservere for the "soul" of the 3D UI and official support it's not worth it. Audio sucks and I noticed much more input delay than a standard emulator.

>> No.6313751

Besides the fact it's just emulation, I wouldn't buy it just because of that boxart...
Sonic looks fucked up. Look at his feet and arms. And that digital painting.
The background also looks like the back of one of those ATGames console boxes.

>> No.6314258

>>6313751
>The background also looks like the back of one of those ATGames console boxes.
Why is this so accurate?