[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 42 KB, 197x190, 1581674258531.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6252667 No.6252667 [Reply] [Original]

All romhacks, even those banned by RHDN.

Famista series translation by MrRichard999, TheMajinZenki, FlashPV and AgentOrange.
It's a long-running baseball series by Namco.
https://www.zophar.net/translations/nes/english/famista-89-opening-game-.html

Temporarily approved on RHDN, alongside the also affected Ganbare Pennant's Race, after erasing the wrongthinker's name from the credits.

World of Warcraft Demon Hunter
Chinese Famiclone bootleg
https://www.romhacking.net/translations/5440/

>> No.6252682 [DELETED] 
File: 214 KB, 315x340, 2020-03-08 13_14_19.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Serves him right for being a toxic transphobe
It's never too late to learn japanese

>> No.6252693

Context -
RHDN has started recently to ban translators and ALL of their work, for increasingly inane reasons.
Such reasons include: if that work angers ResetEra, is based on mildly "problematic" games (such as platformers), if they don't alter problematic content in the original game, if they speak out off-site against harassment of said translators in a negative way, if they disapprove of RHDN's actions against those who disobeyed these laws, and finally if they merely work in the same team as someone who did disobey these laws.

The compromised RHDN administration is slowly starting to go after everyone who stood by the translators in the last controversy about Goemon 3 (which fits a known pattern of waiting it out then passing the unpopular actions anyways), but the problem is that these translators are a LOT of people, many are known big names, and the list of games potentially affected is big and they're starting to go after old translations retroactively.

tl;dr: RHDN is no longer a reliable library for romhacks. It wasn't for non-retro romhacks for a long while, but this may be the final straw for many people. It's a good idea to follow your favorite romhackers on twitter to keep up with them.

Some useful accounts to follow:
DDS (shadowbanned, works delisted): @DDSTranslation
MrRichard (expressed wrongthink support, banned for it): @MrRichard999
ZynkOxyde (demodded at resetera's request, roll-chan hacks): @Zynk_Oxhyde
filler (associated with Dynamic-Designs): @romtranslator
TheMajinZenki (by association): @TheMajinZenki
FlashPV (by association): @FlashPV
Gemini (expressed wrongthink support): @REBehindtheMask
Pennywise / Stardust Crusaders (expressed wrongthink support): no twitter, website is https://yojimbo.eludevisibility.org/

>> No.6253207

>>6252693
Why don't just people make a new rom hack site with no bullshit?

>> No.6253219

>>6253207
remember how 4chan tried to make it's own nyaa? there was insane amount of FUD and DDOSing everywhere from clique obsessed about their internet fame

>> No.6253221

>>6253219
Yeah, I stopped using 4chan's because it was less convenient.

>> No.6253227
File: 179 KB, 1024x667, 1583476400541.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6253221
yeah, and the new romhack website would be just as unconvenient, but that would be a better alternative than nothing.

>> No.6253230

>>6253227
No this is actually convenient, 4chan's nyaa got shit days later because nobody cared enough to keep things uploaded so it wasn't worth using if you wanted to actually watch anything when it was available. This isn't competing services and one doing a good job the other doing a bad one, this is one has things the other does not.

>> No.6253227,1 [INTERNAL] 

Whoever wrote this post, you are a good person! :D

>> No.6253481

Look out RHDN, 4channel’s /vr/ is onto you!

>> No.6253490

>>6252682
Romhacks are not necessarily in Japanese, you weeb autist.

>> No.6254156

>>6253227
inconvenient to get is always better than impossible to get.

>> No.6254160

>>6252682
Trannys arent people.

>> No.6254598

>>6252667
BHDN is fucking insane
baddesthacks.net

>> No.6254625

>>6252693
Any proof of those people getting banned?

>> No.6254763

>>6252693
Romhacking.net has never, ever been a good plave to post hacks. This kind of behavior from them is also nothing new.

>> No.6254767

Also if you're not interested in posting on RHDN there are several other sites with administrations that will be reasonable people.

Zophar's domain exists
Romhackers.net exists
And Baddesthacks will take basically anything.

>> No.6254928
File: 506 KB, 496x896, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

DDS is back on twitter.
And MrRichard999 translations and hacks are now on RHDN.

>> No.6255036

>>6254598
insane is the best word to describe them, yes.
this is not a compliment.
>>6254928
but see they refused to credit him.
that credit was the "problem".
but the readme included still credits him.
they will wait it out and carry on what they begun to fix the "oversight".

did you know?
rhdn refuses to allow anonymous romhacks.
except if a household personality there likes it so much. then it's submitted under his name.
They're doing this shit since forever.
Funny to see normies surprised and angered by the behavior of TinyCartridge and SNESCentral, when they credited the whole goemon 3 translation to the guy who did that one line censor edit (wednesday) and erased everyone who did the actual work. Had their "altright" libel stuck, you sure bet your ass they would finish that deplatforming.

>> No.6255043

all this shit does is make me want to hate crime a ladyman

>> No.6255048

I've only just gotten started using RHDN, and i've only done it to chronicle my progress in my first romhack and possibly enlist some help, so i'm a little ignorant of what's going on.

Why does RHDN care about how some other forum feels about certain translations?

>> No.6255185

>>6255048
Compromised moderation, sometimes to the point of actively working against the community or the continued existence of the site (that time when they tried to appease a crazy with a purge a couple years after she tried to get nintendo and kotaku to shut down the site)

The current admin refuses to improve the forum or fix their wiki, but feels entitled to patreon bucks. Most moderators aren't romhackers and refuse to do it calling it a waste of time, just in for the power trip and to "control platforms" to "deplatform" and "give platforms" that has nothing to do with the hacks published and all to do with continuing political wars in that space, they don't care how to keep that space alive.

As for that "other forum", it frequently goes against official localization with doxxing tactics and get their way done, and comes to RHDN with demands like "take down this hack", "ban this person", "make a statement regarding this", "those people working with this wrongthinker is a bad look", "i don't like this, change it immediately" and they send enforcers to monitor that action is being taken, and that anyone antagonizing these enforcers is banned accordingly. Well RHDN's moderation is SYMPATHETIC to that other forum and always does what they say without fail, no matter the long-lasting damage.

Centralization is a disaster waiting to happen.
Happened with TCRF (which absorbed a few other similar datamining wikis and is now filtering out "correct localizations" and "edgelord indie games" from documentation), with HG101 (positioned itself as a retro gaming encyclopedia, then after building up reputation went back and rewrote articles about "problematic games" with made up gameplay flaws and "kusoge you should never play", or in some cases deleted articles entirely)

What you should do is to diversify and not get too dependent on one platform.
Don't put all eggs in the same basket.
Promote yourself on twitter, your blog, other forums.
Remove that influence.

>> No.6255246

I've read this entire thread and all I've gathered is that you're autistic

>> No.6255287

>>6255246
tranny go kill youself, your fake woundpussy is like a dumpster of bacteria and smells like it.
why the fuck do trannys ruin EVERYTHING?

>> No.6255360

is it me of has rhdn been a lot less active lately? a while ago you would a couple pages of unread posts nowdays its barely half a dozen

>> No.6255397

>>6255360
If you mean the Personal Projects forum, yeah. Seems like most active projects of the past couple of years were completed and no noteworthy (or active enough) project threads have taken their place

The Secret of Mana Turbo thread is like half the activity of the whole site and it’s only three people posting on it

>> No.6255485

>>6252667
Have you got a list of all the banned hacks?

>> No.6255757 [DELETED] 

>Old, pre-DDS thread about Goemon 3 got bumped up on RHDN. Random clueless guy asks about a potential bug in the original game.
>A couple of replies follow, discussing this specific issue. Not a single mention of the drama.
>Moderator silently deletes the last several messages and locks the thread

You guys weren’t kidding.

>> No.6255782

>>6252693
>is based on mildly "problematic" games (such as platformers)

How the fuck are platformers problematic?

>> No.6255851

>>6255287
based schizo

>> No.6255947

>>6252693
this is judaism, /pol/ tried to warn you

>> No.6255978

the only thing I can find is some dumb faggot moderator got removed for not accepting a submission for a Pokemon Crystal hack that made Attract work on all genders because his reason given for not accepting the hack was "muh gays. muh sjws"

https://web.archive.org/web/20190515210718/https://kotaku.com/rom-hacking-website-removes-volunteer-staffer-who-took-1834486512

>> No.6256106

>>6255360
they ran off anyone who did anything because politics, and paywalled some of their forums. I dunno what they expected.

>> No.6256114

also why demod Zynk? Everyones known about is disturbing obsession with a little robot girl forever... not like he was ever hiding it.

>> No.6256138

Could try a pastebin with links to hosted downloads for the "reee verboten" hacks and circulate it around the romhacking general. Not a perfect solution but it keeps from them disappearing completely and offers a place for dissidents to keep making new hacks available whilst circumventing RHDN entirely.

>> No.6256140

>>6255978
>Pokemon Crystal hack that made Attract work on all genders

To be fair, that makes Attract broken as hell. I approve of the decision, but not the motive.

>> No.6256149

>>6255782
translations that accurately translate jokes about homos, hacks with titles like "naked headless mario fights the dick nazis", or just hacks by people who say things other people dont like.

>> No.6256163

>>6256149
Oh, that's why. I thought maybe it was because characters being able to jump super high is insensitive to handicapped people or something ridiculous like that.

>> No.6256236

>>6253207
Because its a bitch to organize.

>> No.6256307

>>6254767
>Romhackers.net exists

>no search
uh.

>> No.6256605

>>6252693
Just today, someone on the RHDN forums tried to make post about a possible bug in the last Goemon 3 patch that made some objects not spawn properly and causing you to get stuck. Surprise surprise, they nuked the post. They really don't want anyone to talk about those patches.

>> No.6256610

>>6252667
So RHDN really did cave and take down the tranny rom hack?

I thought everyone said they would never do it

>> No.6256617

>>6253481
Fucking faggot

>> No.6256627
File: 39 KB, 354x354, 7mv2U7-n_400x400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6255043
>all this shit does is make me want to hate crime a ladyman

>> No.6256640

>>6255185
>Happened with TCRF (which absorbed a few other similar datamining wikis and is now filtering out "correct localizations" and "edgelord indie games" from documentation)
Any more info on this? I wasn't aware anything like that was going on.

Everyone knows HG101 is a hugbox that puts even ResetEra to shame, that faggot Kurt Kalata is probably the main reason the Goemon shit blew up on Twitter. Shame too because the guy built an impression collection of information about obscure games and has been making high quality fan sites since the Geocities days with the Castlevania Dungeon and other sites.

His books looks pretty good though, anyone know where you can find pdfs of them?

>> No.6256696

>>6256610
Wtf is tranny rom hack?

>> No.6256876

>>6256605
About Goemon 3, there's a thing that should be pointed out.

v1 and v2 were about fixing looping lines and broken translation scripting.
v3 included some more of that, a BUGFIX, and a secondary ips file to compromise with complaints (Tom thinks he did nothing wrong by translating the line properly, but he's willing to give an option to some trannies who requested it politely, without compromising on the availability of the original)
v4 adds zilch. zero. nada. it's v3 with the original patch removed.

(why repeat all of this? this information is scrubbed off the internet. they even got them to remove version history and a disclaimer about potentially uncomfortable content in the japanese writing, because it's unacceptable to resetera and rhdn that the existence of censorship is made known in the process. Anytime you find someone here pissed off by a link to the older versions, remember that.)

Now the problem with this is that this BUGFIX in v3 was for a dungeon with a vertical section where some yellow platforms would block your way until you get a needed upgrade to progress past it, and then further. Sometimes you would glitch and clip past that boundary even in the original game. DDS still tried to fix that, but messed up. That sort of thing is fixed with feedback, which couldn't happen here. Goemon 3 is an unfinished game, so that bugfix might have caused side effects.

long story short: stick with v2 and save frequently, with the ingame save feature. Look up the warosu archives.

>>6256696
There's a minor tranny npc in chapter 4 that brags about it (using a slur in all versions) and not disclosing that fact to XER boyfriend. There's a loooooooot of other far more offensive stuff (a major evil tranny with a mode 7 benis mecha) that happens not even 15 minutes into the game, which could not be missed.
A malicious party tried to cancel the whole translation team because they "wrote that in", because one of them hates resetera in his twitter bio.

>> No.6256898
File: 57 KB, 750x399, C2ECCF19-0D1B-4A5A-9920-B94B0E1EE3FE.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6256605
>Walmart analogy

>> No.6256954

>>6256876
So it was about Goemon, lol. Calling it tranny rom hack is pretty retarded.

>> No.6257297

>>6256876
Kill all trannys.

>> No.6257578

>>6257297
Hi resetera.

>>6256138
Good idea.
They took down a translation romhack for a chinese megadrive bootleg because another unauthorized repro bootlegger unrelated to the translation team or the original bootleg developers, wants to weed out all competition for HIS translation romhack.

>>6256640
TCRF admins thinks NoA and Working Designs did nothing wrong.
They then proceed to delete all documentation of their changes (not only screenshots, but mere mentions of it happening), and put extra detailed comparisons why the more accurately translated european translations aren't allowed to exist.
The guy who posted the Working Designs restoration patches on RHDN also posted a full list of stat changes and some examples of the changed text in action, on TCRF and his personal blog. The edit warriors at TCRF were not content removing much of that on TCRF but followed him around offsite to demand he removes that information from other places on the internet he posted, because it's "disrespectful to localization and localization fans" or something.

>> No.6258162
File: 32 KB, 599x431, Fuck.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

DDS confirmed that Tom has officially left the romhacking community.
https://twitter.com/DDSTranslation/status/1237557706652700672

>> No.6258232

>>6258162
Fuck, does this mean there is no chance of getting DQM 1+2 in english? AFAIK the translation part was already done.

>> No.6258236

>>6257578
Good thing all the TCRF content I add is for games no one gives a shit about.

>> No.6258250

>>6258232
Never forget what Tom was working, helping or about to start working on it:

>Zill 'O Zill
>Far East of Eden 1
>Far East of Eden 2
>Ganbare Goemon 4
>Ganbare Goemon Yukihime no Emaki (1 SNES)
>Ganbare Goemon Shin Sedai
>Ganbare Goemon Uchuukaizoku Akokingu
>Ganbare Goemon Hoshizora Dynamite
>Yuusha Shisu (Vita, FEoE director)
>Undisclosed SMT title

>> No.6258257

>>6258250
It's quite sad, so many translations getting wasted just because Tom is a fucking crybaby.

>> No.6258386

>>6258257
Because screw Tom for not wanted to get harassed over properly translating things by people who spend all day looking for excuses to be offended, right?

>> No.6258474

>>6255246
I've read your post and all I've gathered is that you should kill urself

>> No.6258654

>>6258386
Dude, it was literally only a few loonies harrasing him from Reeeesetera. Most people supported him and made fun of those nutjobs. To stop translating games just because of that shows how much of a little pussy he is. All he had to was laught at it and continue on his life.

>> No.6258879

You know what is the pernament solution?
Ignore trannies and reseteras, let them screech all they want until they have the ability to kill themselves, meanwhile we have the fun.

>> No.6259516

>>6258386
>harassed
When everyone is so spineless to what someone says on social media that they can't just, gee, I dunno, not have a faggot Twitter account like every other retard?
Chris-Chan has more of a spine than him.

>> No.6259570

Illusion of Gaia had a lot of beta content, someone who goes by Raeven0 has been restoring that.

This one is a recreation of around 60% missing content from the original final boss. Game has a hard mode, ability upgrades... yet to be restored.
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4989/

>> No.6259587

>>6258654
He was insecure about his work because of earlier incidents, and attempts to find out his real identity (because of the other Tom, from Xseed, whom resetera also hates, some internet individuals for whatever benign (???????) reason wanted to find out if Xseed Wyrdward Tom was the same as based fantranslator Tom, I'm sure videogame companies would "appreciate", and they went as far as unearth some photos of translator Tom. He got scared, and started a practice of scrubbing clean his twitter account every two days)

Now, take this state of mind, and add this:
They actually got someone to contact him and flame him in real life over this, a few "friends" who read "Tom is an alt-right nazi translator" libel propagated by HG101 and resetera, and said to him "you're dead to me". Tom mentioned that in his many replies before quitting. One of those "friends" even came forward in public after the dust settled and said he regretted his initial reaction.

Mentally fragile people exist.
Resetera is the kind of people who would (and DID) keep harassing Etika and Alec Honokawa (Nights in the Woods developers) in the initial cancel phase, during his suicidial posts, the suspicious disappearances, the actual suicide, AND AFTER the suicide. Tom was plain unlucky to be dragged down in their gay op revenge plot against a random romhacker who wrote "resetera is cancer" in his bio. Your average nineties retro game has enough compromat by their standards to cancel anyone who merely plays it.

>> No.6259598

If you need any more reason to be pissed out, Tom also had a collection of rare i-mode flip phone ports of games like SMT, the first Secret of Mana, and things like that, which he recorded on youtube and subtitled. There's even that prototype GBA RPG by Atlus that was never released online otherwise (owner hoards it but accepted Tom records it in exchange of translating it for him)

ALL OF THAT IS GONE.

>> No.6259614

>>6252693
I'm just reading up on the whole Goemon 3 thing. I was vaguely aware of it before but now I'd like to catch up. I know they came out with a slur-free version of it, but is the original patch with the word 'tranny' still available or has it been taken down? I frankly it's ridiculous that they all made such a big stink of over what I gather was meant to be an offensive word in-game.

>> No.6259638

>>6257578
>Hi resetera.
That makes no sense. Resetera would be the last group to say such a thing.

>>6257578
>TCRF admins thinks NoA and Working Designs did nothing wrong.
What does Nintendo of America have to do with Working Designs? What are you even talking about here?

>> No.6259715

>>6259614
Versions 2 and 3 of Goemon 3.
The one on RHDN right now is called "version 4" but isn't an actual content addition.
It's taking an optional patch and forcing it on everyone because control freak forums want it that way.
Version 2 fixes some translation scripting errors (infinite loops)
Version 3 has a bugfix for glitches in the original, but it has nasty side effects, so you might wanna play with version 2 instead.

https://anonfile.com/Dc74G5Qan8/Go_for_it_Goemon_3_-_The_Mecha_Leg_Hold_of_Jurokube_Shishi_Japan_T-En_by_DDSTranslation_v2.0_n_zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/hrrxs93fjx0jgyn/Go_for_it%2521_Goemon_3_-_The_Mecha_Leg_Hold_of_Jurokube_Shishi_%2528Japan%2529_%255BT-En_by_DDSTranslation_v3.0%255D_%255Bn%255D.zip/file

Versions 1 and 2 of Goemon 2.
Version 2 changes some dialog in a boss fight, but was held back by RHDN admins until that Goemon 3 Version 4 patch was forced through, and it's unclear as a result whether it's better to play that way.

https://anonfile.com/B974GcQ2n0/Go_for_it_Goemon_2_-_The_Strange_General_McGuinness_Japan_T-En_by_DDSTranslation_v1.0_n_zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/0e1gg1c5zhnfgx2/Go_for_it%2521_Goemon_2_-_The_Strange_General_McGuinness_%2528Japan%2529_%255BT-En_by_DDSTranslation_v2.0%255D_%255Bn%255D.zip/file

>> No.6259726

>>6259638
Some shitter has been recently spamming threads addressing this with tranny hate talk, whenever rom links of the versions they disappeared keep popping up.

Consider that even vanilla social justice warriors and nerdy trannies (no matter how you feel about them) were conflicted and disgusted at this situation like any normal human would.
Take a moment and think about in whose best interest it is that anytime those download links pop out, discussion is immediately shut down. Whose mess this is. Guess.

ResetEra and that hg101 tard admit to stalking /vr/ and /v/ for content, or to complain subjects and games and opinions they don't like (which is, eeeh, a lot) are mentioned there. The latter even complained that /vr/ will be "unusable" because of this.
One of ResetEra's goons was caught review bombing AI The Somnium Files, a feminist-friendly game with lots of hamfisted pro-LGBT scenes, and the fake reviews had pretty homophobic language.... because the girls wore "sexualized" clothes and the male protagonist said "sexual jokes", so he felt the need to punish the developers AFTER their game bombed, to rob them of whatever little positive word of mouth it had left.
The sooner people see it for what it is, the better.

>> No.6259776

>>6259587
>>6258654
You know, the smart thing to do here would be to quit-the-internet with your known identity, then just release whatever you wanted to work on under a new name(s) to bamboozle the witch hunters.
Drama thwarted, if you don't care about e-fame or it's a situation where your old identity is burned anyway (such as a situation where quitting from harassment is plausible).

>> No.6259789

>>6259776
Actually a good idea in that you can always take credit for that work down the track.

And in the meantime, the fact that they aren't purged for being "problematic" until you do is evidence that it was indeed a witch hunt. Where applicable.

>> No.6259792

>>6259570
That's quite nice.

>> No.6259824

>>6255185
>>6256605
>>6256876
>>6257578
>>6258162
>>6258250
>>6259587
>>6259598
>>6259726
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EddX9hnhDS4

>> No.6259889
File: 779 KB, 1858x909, demo.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Speaking of ROM hacks, this is a pretty interesting new project:

>pyugt is a pure-python universal game translator, translating games from screenshots.
>It takes screenshots from a region you select on your screen, uses OCR (via Tesseract v5) to extract the characters, then feeds them to a machine translator (Google Translate) to then show you a translated text.
https://github.com/lrq3000/pyugt

Can see this leading to some good projects, but also possibly an influx of poor translations.

>> No.6259913

>>6259889
Same as the retroarch solution but not tied to retroarch? Extremely nice.
The problem is that it tries to interpret unrelated sprites as text even with the cropping + the AI not trained for japanese ocr.

If it's tied to a web dictionary (not babelfish or google or bing) i could see this a big language learning tool.

>> No.6259984

>>6259587
>Resetera is the kind of people who would (and DID) keep harassing Etika and Alec Honokawa (Nights in the Woods developers) in the initial cancel phase, during his suicidial posts, the suspicious disappearances, the actual suicide, AND AFTER the suicide.

What the fuck is wrong with these people? They make us look rational.

>> No.6260290

>>6258654
REEEEsetEra, HG101, the usually twittertards, the people writing articles about it, RHDN staff... nah. not like a big chunk of a niche hobby was calling for him to be tarred and feathered or anything. Just a couple people. HG101 isnt some kind of website and community or some shit.

>> No.6260294

>>6259638
>What does Nintendo of America have to do with Working Designs? What are you even talking about here?

Theyre both notorious for terrible and censorious "localizations".

>> No.6260361

>>6260290
Yeah, in their own "bubble" they did.

>> No.6260574

We have to rise up, gentlemen. Rise up, by creating this same thread in /vr/ over and over again. That’ll show them.

>> No.6260646

is this a good time to share my zelda2 hacks?

>> No.6260650

>>6260646
is it as good as that Zelda hack that makes link into a helicopter?

>> No.6260908

>>6260294
Yeah, you but you just mentioned it out of nowhere, and without saying where TCRF expressed this opinion. I mean, TCRF isn't just one person. The most well known names they have on their staff (if you can call it that) are BMF and maybe Glitterberri, but I don't know that they hold that opinion about Nintendo's censorship.

>> No.6261294

>>6260908
I know their founder is a tranny nutjob. I used to be an editor on that site and the only person I could not tolerate was that moron Einstein95 or whatever username he goes by nowadays.

>> No.6261312

>>6261294
What a shame. I honestly don't know how anyone that's passionate about cut content in games could be pro-censorship. SJW hysteria like that is exactly why Nintendo of America chose to not localize Mother 3.

>> No.6261337
File: 3.78 MB, 7448x3608, Resetera influence reach.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6258654
>Dude, it was literally only a few loonies harrasing him from Reeeesetera.

>> No.6261354

>>6261337
Not him, but I don't think all of those people are bad. From the handful of interactions I had with Lucas M. Thomas years ago when supporting his Zelda vs. Jesus book on Kickstarter (it didn't get funded), he definitely didn't seem like the kind of guy who would go nuts and harass people about transphobic translations or whatever.

>> No.6261401

>>6260646
I'd be interested.

>> No.6261405

>>6260650
wait what

>> No.6261421

>>6261354
I was in dev communities for years before the sjwpocalypse and a lot of people who seemed chill and respectable, even casually edgy, went full vicious turncoat when the insanity hit.
I can't judge your experience with any given person but a lot of these assholes double down infinitely because they're afraid of the eye of sauron ever turning on them. Someone who seems cool on a personal level would sell you out in a second when mob mentality is driving or for a crumb of opportunistic virtue points; that's the environment that has been cultivated.

I don't put stock in guilt-by-association, that's their game, but you should know that being a good or bad person has barely anything to do with it. Only integrity.

>> No.6262763

>>6261337
What is it about RetardEra that attracts so many industry people?

>> No.6262770

>>6262763
Similar politics I'd assume, but I do remember SomethingAwful had a few game programmers on it. One of the weapons in New Vegas is even a reference to SA, the YCS/186.

>> No.6262782

>>6261337
Jesus titty-fucking Christ.

>> No.6262865

>>6259570
I used to love playing this game long ago. Hopefully, they can dig up more fun stuff about it like the extended final boss.

On a related note, exactly what the fuck was Dark Gaia? Was she supposed to be the same Gaia who helped you the whole game only to reveal that she was the villain all along?

>> No.6262874

>>6261337
And what is this picture supposed to tell?

>> No.6262890

>>6262874
How many influential people in gaming comapnies are posters on ResetEra, I guess.
It's an educated guess though, based on my looking at the image and reading the text in it.

>> No.6262894

>>6261405
Legend of zelda: attack helicopter edition

turns link into a helicopter. Adds a flight mechaninc, and makes fun of those LoZ "gender" hacks.

>> No.6262914

>>6262890
That's what I thought, but his reply wasn't relevant so I wasn't sure.

>> No.6262932

>>6262770
SA had a LOT of devs and creatives from every industry on it, because these people are dorks and it was one of the better options, once. Most of them were smart enough not to advertise their real names, though.

>>6262763
Games is competitive. Some people stand out by having talent and letting their work speak for itself.
Others rely on nepotism and virtue signalling. To do that you need conducive platforms.
RE has such shit moderation that simply posting there is a badge that your brain is cleansed and spotless of wrongthink

>> No.6262937

>>6262874
A list of child sex offenders.

>> No.6263017

>>6259516
Damn son.

>> No.6263045

>>6259516
>Chris-Chan has more of a spine than him.
Christian Weston Chandler is a performance artist and drawing heat is the entire purpose of his gimmick.

This other fag I've never heard of is providing a free service to a community.
He didn't sign up for the kind of stalking that eventually leads to IRL harassment and spongebrain ingrates going through the motions of trying to get you fired for reasons that don't go beyond stimulus-response at this point.

Even if he has a thick skin, you know what's way worse than getting flamed?
Spending years helping people only for them not to credit you the benefit of the doubt, much less stand up for you, or even just not eagerly dogpile on when there's blood in the water.
Kind of undermines that sense of community you thought you were contributing to.
I dunno if it applies to the dude in question but my point is it goes beyond putting up with faggots.

>> No.6263148

Can we just discuss regular romhacks like we usually do?

Recommended download
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/50m95vbbuyf25/vr's_ROM_Hack_Recommendations
https://mega.nz/#F!JcsF0T5a!K3ECQlMzhDoDXJfyOxzR9w

Pre-patched and Improvement
https://mega.nz/#F!jpMxlQyZ!oCwbRyPFaMcZl3gOF5mvSg

General hack / Translation
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks

SMW hacks
https://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&s=smwhacks

My Kaizo Kollection
https://mega.nz/#F!6xVSmK6J!cbYBOHrZxJs6-iOeOw_ofA

Metroid Hacks
http://www.metroidconstruction.com/hacks.php

Super Mario 64

https://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&s=sm64hacks

GOTTA GO FAST

http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_hacks
https://sonichacking.org/

Anyway, are there any notable romhacks (not necessarily translations) that have released recently? I heard about that Fire Emblem Three Houses demake, but given the video and Discord link were taken down, I don't know if it's still going forward or stopped because they were afraid of getting a C&D from Nintendo.

>> No.6263553

>>6263148
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4603/
This one looks interesting.

>> No.6263917
File: 50 KB, 640x473, u d b surprise.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6263148
>regular romhacks
What does this mean?

>> No.6263959

>>6263917
mario w/penis

contra but the guns are penis

barbie now has no shirt, also the mall is now penis mall

pikachu's overworld sprite has a small detail added

>> No.6264118

>>6263148
no, we HAVE to whine about months-old forum drama grievances
talking about video games is for casuals

>> No.6264178

>>6263959
>barbie now has no shirt, also the mall is now penis mall
I remember that one!

>> No.6264213

>>6263148
When I was a teen in the late 90s and going through an angsty phase, I would listen to a lot of music from Mega Man 5, 6, and Kirby's Adventure--all late NES titles--and get depressed about the death of the NES, the industry's push for graphics over gameplay, the loss of innocence, etc., a lot of weighty bullshit like that. I would literally get myself depressed over NES nostalgia when I was still just a kid. And so I channeled all of this angst into a Mega Man 5 hack with the gay title of Depressio Man. I gave Mega Man anxious looking eyes and a frown, drew frowns on the enemies, snuck frowning faces into the background tiles, and generally just made everything as dour looking as I could.

I'm cringing at 15 year old self even as I blogpost about it, but I would do anything to get my old computer back just so I could see that hack again.

>> No.6264478

>>6264213
Get it back and post it

>> No.6266571

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD-CfhdcJe8

I didn't know there was a Smash 64 hacking scene

>> No.6266690

>>6252667
Famista, huh. What are the chances somebody will tackle the Power Pros games as well?

>> No.6266863

>>6266571
I just wish they would focus on characters pre-1999. Having Dark Samus fight on Mementos on the N64 feels anachronistic.

>> No.6267632

>>6266863
It looks like it's all clones. So it seems it's more an issue of copying data then adjusting values and making a whole new character from scratch being on another level.

>> No.6268407

>>6263148
>Pre-patched and Improvement
Thanks for these.

>> No.6268426

>>6266690
As they're banned from RHDN, they might as well. Power Pro games had very "inappropriate" plots.

>> No.6269378

>>6268407
No problem. Issue is that since I’m not the one who uploaded them, any new mods won’t be added in. Unless anyone is willing to do a new version.

>> No.6269398

What's the best hack for Lufia 2? Also best one for Phantasy Star 4?

>> No.6269424

OP is a faggot

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/5441/

>> No.6269451
File: 15 KB, 288x224, Pawapuro 4 - Success Mode Title Card.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6268426
I know the Power Pocket games were meant to be edgier and had a problematic homo in a few games, but how inappropriate could, say, Power Pro 4 or 5 be? (i think the story mode was still primitive in 3)

>> No.6269903

>>6269424
>OP is a faggot
Look when that was published and when OP was created. They submitted it to Romhacking first and it was rejected.

>> No.6269941
File: 700 KB, 782x495, tenshi pipe.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6256640
>His books looks pretty good though, anyone know where you can find pdfs of them?
I'm a week late, but here's my vidya book collection, including the HG101 stuff:

https://mega.nz/#F!UBp3xDrK!MRcdOY9QFHx1XtA4aXIOCw

>> No.6270935

>>6253219
Remember how the small group of productive people running said nyaa clone added ads, and otherwise consider it their own?

>> No.6271227

>>6269903
>https://www.romhacking.net/translations/5441/
Romhacking shows it was submitted a day before this thread was created

>> No.6271902
File: 70 KB, 708x708, 1584318168859.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6252693
All of this insanity has been happening the past few years because billionaire Jennifer Pritzger is throwing his money around to promote tranny shit. It's all so tiresome.

>> No.6271950

>>6269451
Some on GBA had romance endings that were hurriedly cut over rating concerns or PR but the data is still there.

>>6271227
Yes?
>>6252667 says
>Temporarily approved on RHDN, alongside the also affected Ganbare Pennant's Race, after erasing the wrongthinker's name from the credits.
it's a fact they banned it initially,
still ban romhacks submitted under his name (the current one is a workaround),
and go back to old hacks they hate a few days later to delete them.
the banned hack is two layers of guilt by association away from anything to do with trannies.

if you're trying to say this is a nothingburger and peasants should submit to RHDN whims to upload or download, nice try.

>> No.6272628

>>6259889
Can I hook up the software to a capture card's input?

>> No.6272738

>>6266571
DO these run on real hardware, or just emu?

>> No.6272776

Autism.

>> No.6272785

>>6272738
Smash Remix runs great on N64 through Everdrive, just don't forget an expansion pak.

>> No.6272803

>>6269941
Thanks based anon, me and a friend appreciates your share

>> No.6272894

>>6272785
noice

>> No.6275419

>>6271902
It takes many people in place who are willing to go along with it first.
Something matches something something firewood, something long marches, etc.

>> No.6275731

>>6269378
I keep the folder up to date with new hacks/updates that I find, though I only check rhdn and I only add games I'm personally interested in playing. If anyone wants to start a different, public folder, go ahead.

>> No.6275768

More proof that ResetEra needs to be destroyed and everyone who uses it killed
They represent one of the greatest threats to gaming based on sheer amount of influence and industry-adjacentness. Burn it down.

>> No.6276001

By the way, Pacnsacdave made public his Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Scroll hack, for whoever was keeping track of non-public romhacks.

>> No.6276103

>>6276001
Hmmm... I wonder who he stole that one from?

>> No.6276146

>>6276103
I've heard he stole that one Deadpool hack, any others?

>> No.6276154

>>6276146
Not that I know of, but that one is dirty enough to leave an impression.

>> No.6276174

Personal observation re: TCRF:
>Pulled the SM Hitomi (unlicensed SNES eroge) article
>Continued to criticize 2000s European Mega Man title screens/logos

>> No.6276176

>>6276154
Yeah, feels bad, man.

>> No.6276182

>>6276103
>>6276146
may I ask,
"stole" means ..? taking someone else's romhack and erasing the author's name and adding your own name and creating a reproduction cart of said romhack?

>> No.6276184

is it acceptable to take someone else's romhack and use that as a base? and if the author objects about using his hack as a base hack for your romhack, do you have to stop your own hack?

>> No.6276235

and for the autistic question: why don't we ever consider or care about nintendo/sega/etc itself? are we not thieves?

>> No.6276252

>>6276184
Yes.
You don't need to stop your romhack. RHDN has an "addendum" category where you can put the stuff that's based on other romhacks. IIRC, it was because Gideon Zhi bitched about someone "fixing" one of his translations. Figures.

>>6276235
Because, inside our heads, we're all good boys that did nothing wrong.

>> No.6276259

>>6276252
said "fix" was a game breaking bug in smt2

>> No.6276263

>>6276259
How dare you "fix" one of Gideon Zhi's flawless translations?

>> No.6276276 [DELETED] 

>>6275768
I wish 4chan anons could do some good ol' raiding and wreck PedoEra again and again until it crumbles. Unfortunately, for all we know, these fuckers lurk 4chan and would be tipped off immediately, plus I don't think GookMoot would want to risk backlash that would follow.

>> No.6276323

>>6276276
They absolutely do watch 4chan, both /pol/ and /v/ at minimum

>> No.6276401

>>6276182
From what I heard, that's it, more or less, yeah, but also SELLING reproduction carts. I think he changed the music or something, too.

>>6276184
Giving credit where it's due every time is important. Getting permission is always better, too.

>>6276235
Are they selling carts for old systems? A lot of Sega retro consoles these days just come with SD card support so you can play ROMs.

Also, context, anon. There's a difference between making a variation of the Pacha template, taken from a Disney movie, and posting, or just copying a pic from someone else and paywalling it on your Patreon.

>>6276276
Planning raids is against the rules to begin with.

>> No.6276454 [DELETED] 

>>6276401
>Planning raids is against the rules to begin with.

Really? I am disappoint, I thought that imageboards were doing that on a regular basis at least for the hell of it. Several Polish imageboards for example were raiding websites and boards, doxing people (usually Youtube "celebs" and attention whores) all time long and always blamed their bogus activity on Wykop (roughly an equivalent to Digg or Reddit) or people who they had doxxed previously. Sometimes they were capable to thoroughly ruin a website or even someone's life. But that was long, long time ago, no one does this shit anymore.

>> No.6276548 [DELETED] 

>>6276454
I'm not sure how the current policy stands with stuff like the classic Rickroll on the scientologists, but yeah, 4chan has been pretty mainstream and watched closely for a while.

>> No.6277425

http://www.mediafire.com/file/r0hqcmxkwts1iqb/Berzerk.rar/file

>> No.6277460

>>6277425
Have fun with this nice nes rom.

>> No.6277608

>>6277460
Thank you

>> No.6277915

>>6276184
>is it acceptable to take someone else's romhack and use that as a base?
Yes, fucking yes, it is fine. romhacks are unauthorized modifications of commercial vidya.
imagine the massive irony if romhacks of romhacks were not.

RHDN removed hacks before an unauthorized commercial bootleg author complained about the availability of a free separate romhack of the same game.
They will ban you if you remove long-ass intros, simultaneously rejecting your romhack from submission if it doesn't follow No-Intro naming conventions, a rom preservation project that started as a massive project to remove intros from scene roms. They say this is about preserving romhacker credits. But they remove those quite often for wrongthinkers. They will reject hacks by anonymous romhacks who don't want credit, but if it's really good (like /vr/ Mario & Wario D-Pad Patch) they will credit it to someone else.

Never rely on that RHDN submission queue. All power to you if you want to waste time with it, but post it on a forum or something (not just RHDN boards of course)

>> No.6278621

>>6276184
>>6277915
>Yes, fucking yes, it is fine. romhacks are unauthorized modifications of commercial vidya.
imagine the massive irony if romhacks of romhacks were not.

Every newly written piece of code belongs to its owner. If said owner doesn't want his code to end up in other projects that's his right.

The acceptable thing to do is to ask before using another hack as a base; if the documentation doesn't outright say "you can use this". Generally they'll accept.

>> No.6278640

>>6253207
did you forget about 8ch too anon

>> No.6278652

this is about translations, take your shit to some other site

>> No.6278660

I remember having a link to a emulator + translated rom of 46 Okunen Monogatari, but I can't seem to find it. Anyone has it?

>> No.6278705

>>6259776
part of the problem of this is that your online persona amounts in some cases to a portfolio of sorts, to just kill a connection like that is to lose some considerable effort at building a reputation that takes a lot of time to build up.

>> No.6278741

>>6278705
>if you don't care about e-fame or it's a situation where your old identity is burned anyway

>> No.6278760

>>6278741
>try to contact old colleagues or people who you had a relationship with using the new name
>the closest may stick with you
>the less close may cut off ties due to not wanting to be found still associating with you
>the weakest (or most malicious) may just sell you out anyway
>also, good luck showing your portfolio to anyone and not having them recognize your work

It's a bigger ask than people realize, restarting your online persona is more than just making a new page.

>> No.6278772

>>6276174
>Continued to criticize 2000s European Mega Man title screens/logos
I really don't get TCRF's editing policy. On one hand, they write a bunch of jokey leads in an attempt to be funny (they're not), but they don't want the main text to be too opinionated.

>> No.6279213

>>6278660
https://anonfile.com/N5e3Iciao0/E.V.O._The_Theory_of_Evolution_zip
Here's the translated rom. For setting the emu, look for the tutorial by pc-98 bot

>> No.6279460

>>6278772
They just try to keep the main experience legitimate so you don't notice their jokes are stupid.

>> No.6281143
File: 64 KB, 256x384, mm2r__26439.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Some good news in dark times.
Metal Max 2 is getting a translation patch... for the DS remake (which is actually good and restores a lot of cut content)

The translation team is the same team who did Metal Max 3, which is finished and in playtesting now. Heed attention that the game called Metal Max 3 isn't the actual third game in the series... that goes to Metal Saga on the playstation 2, which is awesome, but followed by trash games.
MM3 has playable trannies in the character select, which may cause some controversy against the translation team but they're fortunately not beholden to RHDN or resetera controlled spaces, so they can without too much trouble release 3, and 2 which was "claimed" ages ago by Aeon Genesis.

>> No.6281540

Can somebody recommend me a hacking tool for Pokemon Emerald?
For editing pretty much everything else.

>> No.6281629

>>6281540
Pokemon Emerald is a GBA game that uses very standard Nintendo libraries (like 80% of the GBA library for that matter) so tools suitable for it are anything to handle LZ77 GBA compression (LZ77restructor2 ?), a decent tile editor (Crystaltile2, Tilemolester), something to handle GBA tilemaps (forgot which), and GBA Sappy sound engine (forgot which, but it exists and you can edit it as much as SMW romhacks do with sound)........ and naturally a hex editor with table support. Vielen Glück.

>> No.6282287

>>6253227

unconvenient isn't a word, doublenegro.

>> No.6282428

>>6282287
It is and I own the copyright to it, so doublenegrobro owes me some royalties.

>> No.6282748
File: 330 KB, 1000x552, SMW_a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Has anyone made a SMW hack using the beta tiles?

>> No.6283040

Anyone has Metroid 1.1 fds rom with the following CRC32: 65F0E9FA

I need it for a patch.

>> No.6283684

>>6282748
Do those sprites still exists within the ROM?

>> No.6283723

>>6283684
No, but it wouldn't be hard to recreate them.

>> No.6283767

>>6282748
I do if i know how to import sprites or atleaast change it.

>> No.6284307

>>6279213
Late on this, but thank you.

>> No.6284497

>>6282748
It happened. There's one based on prerelease material from 1989 and has the tanuki leaf and beta designs for coins and goombas.

>> No.6284549

>>6283040
You sure it isn't 1.01? Might improve your search results.

>> No.6284701

>>6284549
Hope you get this, the thread has outlived its lifetime and is no longer accepting bumps. Remember the good old days when /rhg/ would last so long the images would start falling off the server?

>> No.6285094

>>6284701
I found it eventually sorry for not mentioning it sooner, thanks and I'll be uploading a pack of prepatched FDS Roms soon.

>> No.6285153

>>6284549
It was 1.1 the problem is that some rom dumps are incompatible with romhacks because there might be a small difference of data between no-intro dumps, don't know how this works but that's how things are.

>> No.6285196

>>6255185
this "woke" era needs to die along with the queers pushing it

>> No.6285196,1 [INTERNAL] 

>>6253227,1
lol desperate for buttpats