[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 121 KB, 800x685, 196742-valkyrie-profile-playstation-front-cover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6219927 No.6219927 [Reply] [Original]

What is the most painless way of experiencing this game?
As far as i can see i need to send up Lucian at chapter 5 and after that keep my seal value below 37.Can i just use cheats to keep it low after chapter 5? I plan to play this on Hard mode using mednafen/beetle PSX.

>> No.6219930

>>6219927
I don't think you need to cheat very much? I don't remember having trouble with seal levels. There's also the issue of having to send up Janus early because Lel can't swim and shit like that

There are guides abound for this exact thing though, which are going to offer up a little more specific advice. In fact, there probably exists a bullet-point list somewhere.

>> No.6219963

>>6219927
why not do a unspoiled play through just knowing the technical gaming related stuff? if you enjoyed it enough you'll care about the endings.

>> No.6220165

>>6219963
Life's too short to spend replaying JRPGs for slightly different content.

>> No.6220170

>>6220165
So just follow a guide, why complicate this?

>> No.6220209

you dont have to cheat much. the main way to plummet your seal rating is to do all the valkyrie related events (stories related to valkyrie, not the recruitable characters) all in one chapter. i think that was chapter 5?
just avoid those events until chapter 5. you can look up what they are since they aren't too spoiler heavy i think.

>> No.6221086

>>6219927
The earliest you have to start doing -Seal events is Chapter 4. What you should do before then is send up the max of two characters per chapter before you do any events that reduce seal that chapter. Then take off Nibelungen Ring (just to be safe) and don't send people up unless confident you can eat the +12 seal per person (I'm pretty sure you can get away with a little, but it's been so long I don't remember with specificity).

If you do the above, your evaluation is pretty much guaranteed to max out every chapter or pretty close. You can safely take all the artifacts in the dungeon and not send them to Odin and it will still close to max out until some dungeons with more treasures late in the game. And it will definitely never get into the danger zone.

Just look at a guide that lists what events reduce seal. Or trial and error if you don't want to use a guide for some reason. Check all the boxes no earlier than after you send up people in Chapter 4. Not hard.

>> No.6221275

>>6221086
you dont have to send two. i always sent one every chapter and got the a ending.
keep all artifact and send the shittiest character that meets the requirement freya asks for. in fact you can even get away with sending characters without the requirements and still get the a ending. you just wont get the best rewards at the end of each chapter.
fuck odin. he doesnt deserve shit.

>> No.6221284

>>6219927
send every one who isnt cool without leveling them.read their profile info. i sent some faggot who was scared of drowning off and he drowned and freya was all you did excellent

>> No.6221298

they just don't make them like they used to anymore

valkyrie profile 3: hrist never

>> No.6221318

I don't remember having to suffer at all for the good ending, I kept all the stuff and just sent whoever they asked for

>> No.6221405

>>6221086
oh theres no reason to ever wear that ring or send odin treasures

sending einherjar doesn't have a big impact on your seal rating and you can just send the best match like normal until you have to send lucian

>> No.6221506

>>6221298
I got so mad when they released the shitty strategy rpg for the ds, instead of a proper valkyrie game, also never again, the last game was a shitty mobile game!

>> No.6221540

>>6219963
Only sane post here. If you're playing a game just fucking play it. If you're following a guide step by step, chances are that you'll get tired of it a lot quicker.

>> No.6221780
File: 20 KB, 300x401, User38_pic139_1225510193.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6221506
>shitty strategy rpg for the ds
it was a really good game though. ailyth is the fucking best.

>> No.6221797

First chapter guides you to send Belenus up. Fuck that shit. Belenus is awesome with great techs and synergises well with most parties. Send that asshole with the bow nobody uses and later on Lawfer and keep based aristocrat.

>> No.6221882

>>6219927
Just use a guide for it. It is fairly spoiler free and tells you who to send and when.