[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 29 KB, 419x310, Sonic_the_Hedgehog_2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
621097 No.621097 [Reply] [Original]

Does anyone here have their games autographed by the creator?

I'd love to get a copy of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 signed by Yuji Naka for my friend who is a big a Sonic fan, but I have no idea how I would go about doing that considering I don't exactly live in Japan.

>> No.621167
File: 2.02 MB, 1839x1632, Silent Bomber signed.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I got this off eBay years ago. At E3 2003 CyberConnect 2 and Bandai were there to promote .hack// and were also signing stuff. Conventions like that are typically the only way to get the Japanese creators' signatures on American games.

Even if it's a fake I only paid about as much as it normally goes for (About $35) but the story and signatures match up to what I looked up.

>> No.621417
File: 312 KB, 1024x768, 1_29.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Not exactly retro,but I have a copy of ZOE2 signed by Kojima. When Peacewalker came out, he was in NYC signing autographs and shit.

I'd say it's one of the crown jewels of my collection. I'm planning on topping it,though: I just have to save up a bit to get me a copy of the Sega CD Snatcher. :3

>> No.621469

I want to get my NES signed by Hiroshi Yamauchi and Masayuki Uemura, the former CEO of Nintendo and hardware designer of the Famicom respectively. If it wasn't for those two, we wouldn't be here. Might as well get Lance Barr's autograph as well, since he designed the NES casing.