[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 133 KB, 1009x751, Tasya Huntlan Everequest Lions Mane Inn.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6132197 No.6132197 [Reply] [Original]

Everquest is an old-school MMORPG that has both populated private servers and continuing retail servers.

Old Thread >>6101207

>NEWCOMERS TO PROJECT 1999 (classic) GUIDES
How to get p99 running: https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651
Starting guide for how the game works and helps with deciding class/race: http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Newbie
Guides for every aspect of p99: http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Adventure
Graphical and music restoration: http://p99.yourfirefly.com/
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280545
Helpful map for manuevering the world: http://wiki.project1999.com/Zone_Connection_World

>NEWCOMERS EVERQUEST (retail) GUIDES
Guide for choosing race/class and how the game works: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/new-returning-players-guide-to-everquest-live.25738/
Game available both on steam and the Everquest website.

>GUILD
Project 1999: Leaf Quartet on Green. Type /who all leaf to get a list of current online members and ask one if you can get an invite if you'd like to join.

Status of the guild - Our guild leader quit the game so we need to re-form the guild at some point. We still have plenty of active players and officers within the current guild capable of inviting new members though.

>NEWS
PROJECT 1999:
October 25th, 2019: Progression server for P99, green, is now live!
November 3rd, 2019: Progression server for P99, teal, is now live!
RETAIL:
August 20th, 2019: Torment of Velious will be released in December, available for preorder now and the previous expansion is currently %50 off!
August 28th, 2019: Mangler, the progression server on retail, released Scars of Velious.

>> No.6132270

Played it as a 12y/o, and I had this addiction of getting my character drunk at night, fighting during the day to save up for drinks to get drunk off at night; rinse and repeat.

>> No.6132276

>>6132197
>Project 1999: Leaf Quartet on Green. Type /who all leaf
Uhmmm... Ackhtually... it's <Fallen Leaves> now.

>> No.6132295

for people looking to get in the guild message klerykal or xaboia tonight and when I see the message I'll port over to you to invite. Also even for the people that decided to avoid the guild i've got 90 percent exp rez so send me a tell if you are ever in a bind.

>> No.6132308

A few years ago I wanted to try this game out and I think someone from these generals gave me some free money. Based. Free bump

>> No.6132331

Whats the player count on retail and on classic?

>> No.6132339

>>6132331
retail has no officially released numbers I think and even if there are people box like crazy so the numbers would be hard to confirm. p99green is 759 and the alternate teal server is 603. I wonder what it will be like in kunark.

>> No.6132541

I hate you all. Praise Innoruuk!

>> No.6133801
File: 261 KB, 357x475, Shell Armor.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I want to try my hand at blacksmithing but the wiki say's that only human's can make "silvered: magic weapons does that mean that a dark elf or troll can't be a good smithy?

>> No.6134795

alright what's the most stress free way to lvl a rogue either solo-ing or in a group?

>> No.6135448

>>6134795
>/lfg on
>/ooc Level x rogue lfg

>> No.6136237

I'd just like to say one thing:

Fuck Dagnor's Cauldron.

>> No.6138030

dead thread
dead guild
dead server
dead game
rip

>> No.6138043
File: 119 KB, 1247x743, justpretending.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6138030
We're not dead we're just FD.

>> No.6138074

>>6133801
>I want to try my hand at blacksmithing but the wiki say's that only human's can make "silvered: magic weapons does that mean that a dark elf or troll can't be a good smithy?
I wouldn't worry much about Silvered weapons. They may be magical but there are numerous cheap magical weapons out there that are dropped from monsters and have better stats. At this point in the game, most of your smithing would probably be cheap armor like banded, and eventually fine plate when its available. Cultural smithing isn't in the game yet but later on that might be something to influence your race and god selection.

>>6136237
>Fuck Dagnor's Cauldron.
Agreed.

>> No.6138075

>>6138030

Don't give up! It's only a little dead. Mostly dead. Not even clerics can get a party anymore. But that's okay, because we're legendary soloists!

>> No.6138348

>>6138030
I still get on just not as much before I hit 49 since I've got dnd every other night some weeks. if you need an invite just let one of us know

>> No.6138356

>>6133801
Don't bother at this point. If you weren't crafting day 1 with a guild supporting you there's no reason to start now. It'll just be a massive cash dump that you won't see any returns from.

>> No.6138548

>spend decades building a private server backend that performs better than the actual EQ servers
>still using the shitty official client

the server side stuff like like 90% of the programming work for an MMO, you'd think someone would've made a custom client in Unity or UE4 or something by now

>> No.6138641

>>6138548
Do any of the private servers even have custom content? By content I mean like zones, enemies, armor skins, etc... not custom vendors to sell you free epic loot and shit.

>> No.6138795

>>6138641
There is one I'm aware of that has tons of custom content... https://shardsofdalaya.com/intro.htm

I don't think they technically have any new assets like zones or character models, but they rearrange everything in the game and wrote custom quests/npcs/etc

>> No.6138820

>>6138795
Was more interested in whether or not somebody actually wrote the tooling for creating EQ-compatible assets.

Way I see it, EQ isn't EQ if you know the complete patch progression and permanent end state of the game. That's actually kind of like the polar opposite of what EQ should be. Would be a lot more interesting to see a project that reboots the game back to the original trilogy then proceeds along an alternate progression route that's more in line with EQ's "vision" than what Luclin+ became. Of course, it'd have to be a real attempt by real fans of the game and not just a pretentious circle jerk of guys trying to push their own "vision" onto the game.

Honestly, it's kind of a shame the Pantheon guys didn't try to buy EQ's rights back when DBG bought up SOE's corpse. Not that I really trust that they'll ever put out anything worthwhile, but at least they'd be doing something with the IP besides milking TLPs for cash. You'd think the EverQuest name would have some value, it was a whole franchise of games back in the day...

>> No.6139330
File: 31 KB, 530x309, fippy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Do you guys have any recommendations for a solo server? I played p99 for a while but don't have time for the grinding. I mostly want to explore and try some of the tougher content.

>> No.6139735

M I L K I E S
U
F
F
I
N
S

>> No.6139829

>>6138820

Problem is EQ does have value, it just ended up in the wrong company's hands. Pantheon is being made essentially by fans, but they're a small group of guys in Mom's basement building an entire engine from scratch while trying (in vain) to keep up with modern graphical trends. If they used a ready-built engine and didn't feel the need to polish each and every dark elf's asscheeks Pantheon would have been long done by now. That said, if the game ever is finished, that shit is going to be orgasmic. Just looking at the gnomes makes me vibrate through walls in anticipation.

>> No.6139917
File: 253 KB, 1534x983, stilljustpretending.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hour 28. Lord Grimrot, the coward, still hasn't arrived. The skeletons do not suspect a thing, and have begun to accept me as their own. They are a pretty cool lot, except for Bob. Bob won't shut up about his "old tired bones" ... I'm thinking of killing him next, even if he isn't a placeholder.

My supply of food and water is dwindling. Luckily, I have stored an abundance of fat for just such an occasion. With any luck, I may see Grimrot before my bones join the others on this lot.

>> No.6139924

>>6139917

Are you actually going to let him know?

>> No.6139927

>>6139924
Sure but I intend on staying until morning, so I doubt he'll be online. His name's in /note just in case

>> No.6140338

>>6139829
Pantheon guys have over a hundred million in funding and the game is being built in Unity...

>> No.6140357

>>6138795
Shards of Dalaya is dead. As I recall, they put out one last update and that was years ago. That server was awesome, though. They had a lot of custom code, like a bind on equip system for items. Plus they were able to change the zonelines, which is always a fucking hassle.
Sad thing is, EQ is really customizable, especially now with ROF2. You can do custom classes really easy now, and they actually work, because you can easily alter skills and shit client side (it's literally a text file). New zones has always been easy. Hell, you can import Quake 3 maps into EQ. Custom models are also doable. You could easily take EQ and turn it into a completely different game altogether, like those guys who made a Naruto game out of WoW. There's just not interest for it from what I've seen.
>>6138820
Honestly, that's the kind of thing I'd like to see P99 do. If you look at those old cloth maps of Norrath, there's a lot of places that aren't zones in classic, and that were never made zones even in live. And I see people doing that with WoW now, "Vanilla+" projects where it's the old WoW but with new stuff. Then there's the classless server, and while the people who run it are fucking idiots, at least they took something old and put an interesting spin on it. You also have Turtle WoW where they're bringing back a lot of stuff from WoW's beta, like Rogue's have disguises, they brought back Tauren Plainstriding, they brought back the Survival skill, and so on. Oh hell, I remember back in the day there was some Ultima Online WoW server where you could put down buildings and shit in the middle of zones, and it was free-for-all craziness as I recall. But with eqemu, it's pretty much just P99, a few Live-lite servers, and that's pretty much it as any server that tries to do anything remotely interesting is fucking dead. Kind of a shame.
>>6139829
Yes on EQ having value. People were so excited for EverQuest Next. Remember Landmark?

>> No.6140372
File: 3.18 MB, 1920x1080, 1556969310067.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6140357
>that's the kind of thing I'd like to see P99 do

P99 devs and players aren't interested in new content, they just want to keep doing the same thing over and over while complaining about the same issues indefinitely.

Doing anything significant would probably require a new client and the ability to import all the old EQ 3D assets into it. As far as I'm aware there was only one guy who actually managed to fully figure out that shit and he disappeared without releasing his code. Everything publicly available just does basic zone geometry and textures.

>> No.6140401

>>6140357

Everquest Next was incredibly hyped, but then they just dropped it. It fell off the radar and the only way to find out what happened to it was its page on wikipedia. It's kind of frustrating considering how shit and dead modern MMO's are.

>> No.6140426

>>6140401
>they just dropped it

Did you really expect anything else? DBG doesn't make video games, their goal is guaranteed short term returns, not risky long term ventures.

>> No.6140479

>>6140426

To be honest I'm not all that familiar with Daybreak. SOE wasn't that super great of a publisher either. If EQ didn't get bought it's highly likely the servers would have just disappeared with little press. Which at this point probably should have just happened.

>> No.6140502

>>6140479
SOE at least was a publisher. They made video games, even if most of them were trash. DBG just buys up IPs and abuses cash shops to make back their investment + tip. Even the expansions that have released since DBG took over are basically just content rehash cash grabs, they offer almost nothing new but if you're one of the few live players you're obligated to drop $60+ bucks on it. They also like to put game-breaking imbalanced items in the $120+ dollar CE versions which is insane.

EQ2 is really fucked up. Some of the best items from their last expansion came from buying the CE version while the shit raid bosses are dropping is basically aesthetic.

>> No.6140517

>>6140502

Well at least P99 is keeping EQ interest on life support. I just wish private servers would fuck off with this warts and all philosophy where they also bring back all the bad ideas of the period.

>> No.6140552

I still remember how soulless the Luclin zones were. It haunts my dreams tot his day.

>> No.6140587

>>6140552

Are you saying the furry expansion was a bad plan?

>> No.6140617

>>6140587
I'm saying the zones were boring. The outdoor zones looked like they were thrown together in a day. Big, bland, repetitive, a generic selection of enemies that just wander the entire zone, maybe 1 or 2 landmarks randomly dropped in. Dungeons weren't great either, Grieg's End was especially bad. Ssra was probably the only dungeon where an actual attempt was made.

They put more effort into a couple of the cities, but there was no real reason to explore them. There were like, maybe 5 quests the entire expansion worth doing?

>> No.6140631

>>6140552
was luclin when they updated the character models, because those definitely turned me off the game

>> No.6140636

Is there some hidden factor that goes into weapon procs I don't know about? I'm getting really lucky with this tentacle rape whip lately.

>> No.6140639

>>6140631
Yeah, I still remember logging in and seeing my iksar transformed into some kind of soí lizard

>> No.6140642

>>6140639
the old models were ugly as sin but they at least had retro charm to them. The new ones don't hold up to modern graphics either and they're also just kind of, dare I say, soulless

>> No.6140643

>>6140639
Honestly the original EQ models weren't that much worse than vanilla WoW models

>> No.6140648

>>6140636
Just the normal dex modifier

>> No.6140686

How come all the people I see streaming this are playing in full screen 3rd person? Back in my day we had a tiny little 3d viewport in the middle of a UI and there was no 3rd person option.

>> No.6140739

>>6140686

This might blow your shit, but it isn't actually 1999.

>> No.6140746

>>6140739
by that logic the game should have instances and a cash shop and flying mounts

>> No.6140758

>>6140746

But it doesn't. It's almost like it's a private server or something.

>> No.6140867

>>6140686
I think I read in their forum that the art assets for the original viewport UI are in a super low resolution since they were designed for 640x480. The UI doesn't have any built in scaling. They tried to simply scale up the graphics for it but the resolution just wasn't there and it didn't look right, so they re-created whatever they could and let it be.

Besides that, this UI was actually in the game since launch. It's popularly called the "velious" UI because that was when they retired the old one and forced everyone into the new one. But it has been an optional UI from the beginning.

>> No.6140932

>>6140867
>But it has been an optional UI from the beginning

Absolute bullshit. One of the main issues with being a caster was your viewport being obscured when you were medding. There was no UI option which would have disabled that as it was intentional.

>> No.6140946

>>6132197
How're the servers holding up? I quit playing p99 just before the green/teal split after ~9 years on blue. Classic WoW is nice but I miss my EQ a lot some days.

>> No.6141092

>>6140946
600-800 on Green. Fairly steady.

>> No.6141302

>>6140372
You can do a lot of stuff with Titanium, like new zones and new models. But like you said, they never will. They've gotten really lazy. Do they even do GM events any more?

>> No.6141373

>>6140867
There are UIs you can download that look kind of like the original viewport, but from what I can tell, they don't work with P99 because they're made for whatever the current live expansion is.
>>6140932
Nah, it's true. I remember one of the pro-tips being that you hit F10 to get the less obtrusive UI. Even then, the spellbook would take up practically your entire screen, especially considering people were playing in such a low resolution.
What isn't Original EverQuest: being able to play in windowed mode, being able to alt-tab out, and being able to run other programs while EverQuest was running. The in-game MP3 player wasn't added until a later expansion as I recall (I want to say it was added in with PoP), so you can't even listen to music on your computer while you play EverQuest, just the in-zone music. Oh, and don't forget you'd probably be on dial-up. And you also have to walk five miles through snow uphill both ways for school.

>> No.6141517

>>6140946

Classic WoW is trash. Come home, white man.

>> No.6142074

>>6140946
It's pretty fun. Green has been a lot smoother than Blue ever was just because of all the experience they gained from doing Blue. You should come back and give it a try.
>>6141517
While vanilla WoW is pretty good, Classic WoW really is garbage and I can't imagine ever paying Blizzard after what a shitshow that company has become. Even the worst vanilla servers are better than Classic.

>> No.6142181

>>6142074

Vanilla WoW is just a gimp Everquest. Everything is easier, but you also don't have the class variety or sheer power you could have in EQ. Worst of all, even in vanilla other players were a nuisance and grouping was rarely required or even really beneficial. The only really good thing WoW brought was instancing, which made end game accessible to more people than just a single shady ass guild. So long as P99 or OSR exist, there's no reason to give Blizzard money or populate WoW's shitty private server community.

>> No.6142750

ahem... priests of life necromancer reporting in..

>> No.6142758

Ogre or troll sk? I like trolls slightly better visually but fsi seems like its a no brainer.

>> No.6142770

>>6142181
I feel that vanilla is just the right amount of investment required. It also has timeless graphics, great art design, and felt exactly like you were in the world, which was awesome for a fan of Warcraft 2 and 3.

I think its really cool that everquest is still alive though.

>> No.6142771

>>6142758
For a tank Ogre is king because of FSI. Some will argue that velious raid gear wise iksar pulls to their equal or ahead but that's something I'm not knowledgeable on. You can get a mask if you're quick that'llchange your race temporarily to a Darkelf with unlimited uses.

>> No.6143191

>too crowded to find a group in unrest
>too crowded to find a group in highkeep
>servers merging
lmao

>> No.6143248

Oh shit the servers just merged? Do any of you from Teal still play?

>> No.6143352

>>6143191
This. Probably gonna take a break until the pop dies down from people quitting because they’re fed up with never having anything to kill. What an absolutely moronic decision.

>> No.6143390

>>6143248
We still have a guild on Green so if any of you guys want to join let us know.

>> No.6143396

Well servers are back up. I'll be on Klerykal most of the day today so if you need a guild invite send me a message or post here if it's while I'm offline/running to the store

>> No.6143403

>>6143396
Did servers just go back up?

>> No.6143408

You say the servers merged, but green's pop is only 875 right now, and blue's is super high compared to what it was. Did you faggots get fed up and just go back to the cuck server?

>> No.6143415

>>6143408
Looks like they might have merged part of teal to blue.

>> No.6143423

>>6143403
Yep they're back up and they're back down again.
>>6143408
Blue is high right now because everyone hopped back over to Blue when Green and Teal went down. Green was "only 875" because not everyone has realized it was back up (back down now). Once shit settles, Green will probably be over 1k.

>> No.6143424

>>6132197
>playing cucked Blue

Let me know when they make a new Chad Red server.

>> No.6143465

Fuck's sake. This game conspires to prevent me from getting SK level 9.

>> No.6143478

>>6143465
I'm in the same boat: made a new character, twinked it out nice and sweet, and now I doubt I'll be able to level it up for a while. Real shame because I was having fun with it.

>> No.6143482

Doesn't look like people are enjoying the merge.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347939
>not 5 min into merge, seal team trains the fuck out of everyone in SOL B
>his zerg is out of control. Seal team, concede naggy. you cant mass train the whole zone and kill everyone and expect to not get banned.
There's also a bunch of people who said they lost characters, but apparently they're listed alphabetically, and you have to delete some to make the others appear on the list.

>> No.6143490

Server is back up btw

>> No.6143510

>>6143490

Give it a bit, I don't trust that shit.

>> No.6143535

>check forums to see what happen
>remember why I stick to the chins

I won't have to suffer long, I just caught the cancer.

>> No.6143545

>>6143535
their forums are cancer. I've had a much nicer time on green just running around rezzing people, meeting friends and going into random parties compared to the people who seem constantly angry about everything there. its like the old phrase about /v/ hating video games except I really think they hate everquest at this point.

>> No.6143575

>>6143545
>play the game for 21 years selling items to pay rent
>expecting people to like it

>> No.6143742

>>6143535
anon HAVE YOU SEEN how much that one haste item goes for in Guk prices are absolutely insane m8

>> No.6143753

>>6143742
Its called RMT. People make a living on EQ, and feed their drug addiction on it.

https://youtu.be/jT17uFri5F0

Fuck Agatha btw

>> No.6143794

>have to wait hours for a spot in groups
>any camp with good loot is forever camped
> /list camps are packed and require poopsocking for days at a time or account sharing
>"let's merge green and teal"
Well guys its been fun playing with you all but this might be it for me.

>> No.6143798

>>6143794
>have to wait

Just train the group and FD. Then go Linkdead.

>> No.6143824

>>6132197
Old EQ was based as fuck!

My PC and internet sucked so badly in the late 90s that it was like playing a slideshow half the time, but I still sunk a ton of hours into it. I ctually had a friend who almost flunked out of school because of how addicted he was too this game. His parents has to take his PC away and I think they made him go to therapy lol.

>> No.6144107

Anyone got any cleric shit they want to unload on a 23 cleric? My gear blows and I never get any loot because greedy people looting everything while I med.

>> No.6144109

>>6144107
>he doesnt ninja loot

>> No.6144123

>>6144107
I can help keep an eye out. whats your character name?

>> No.6144128

>>6144123
minzi

>> No.6144158

I had my doubts but holy shit level 9 SK is like the dawn of a new era.

>> No.6144165

>green and teal merged

HAHA, time to for anything remotely useful to be forever camped.

>> No.6144174

>>6144158
I vaguely remember beastlord back in the day having a similar waiting period before they got magic.

>> No.6144182

>>6143545
I love their forums. Reading through them is hilarious. Really reminds me of the flamewars and shitflinging over petty pixel shit that went on back in the day on my live server's forum. It's fucking great and I wish I'd started reading these forums sooner.

>> No.6144229

>have lost more then 40% XP due to the fucked up pathfinding in Unrest

I am so close to completely abandoning this zone.

>> No.6144234

>>6144229
do you still have your corpses? My cleric is just a couple zones away .

>> No.6144310

>>6144234
I'm OK now, mostly recovered the lost XP, but the salt remains.

>> No.6144330

>>6140867
just ran the original tutorial off my vanilla CD and there's not way to go fullscreen, you're misremembering your eras

>> No.6144395

>>6144330
Original Everquest only played full-screen (unless you used something like EQW, which was made so you could play EQ in windowed mode and was also against the rules and could get you banned). If you're able to play original Everquest in windowed mode, it's only due to you running in on a version of Windows that would only come out decades later and not something like Windows 95. That's just 100% fact that classic Everquest was fullscreen only back in the day.

>> No.6144403

>>6144395
He is talking about changing the UI from the full clunky UI to being able to see the whole screen... not windowed mode retard.

>> No.6144409

>>6144330
I've been wanting to check out that tutorial but unable to find anything but a dead torrent. Any chance you could upload the tutorial.exe to Mega or something? As I understand it that one small file ought to be enough to play the classic tutorial as long as it's placed in the EQ directory.

>> No.6144449

>>6144395
wtf are you even talking about, follow the response chain and don't just reply randomly

>> No.6144594

>>6144403
>>6144449
Fullscreen means fullscreen, not the transparent UI. Not my fault I misunderstood when he used the wrong term.

>> No.6144887

>>6144330
I remember playing the tutorial like 50 times as a kid when I first got the game, was waiting on my parents to get home to set up my account.

>> No.6144976

So is getting a guise now impossible?

>> No.6145081

>>6144594
>doubling down on being retarded

stop anon

>> No.6145316

>>6145081
Calm down.

>> No.6145325

>>6145316
>still being a retard

>> No.6145892

>>6145325
>still mad

>> No.6146487

>>6144976
No. I checked earlier and there were only four people on the list.

>> No.6146621

>>6146487
Man 4 people could have you waiting for over 900 hours

>> No.6146628

>>6146621
True but the line basically isn't any longer than it was pre-merge.

>> No.6146694

>>6146628
there was nobody in line pre merge

>> No.6147113

Wandert here. College started and I haven't had a chance to reinstall the game on my dad's machine yet. I just heard Teal merged into Green? Is everything okay?

>> No.6147117

>>6147113
Good to see you are still alive. People are complaining that its more crowded but it just resembles how getting a group was when I was first leveling so take that as you will. We reformed the guild since Naillius vanished so keep an eye out for Fallen Leaves members if you want an invite. I can hop on before running dnd tonight if you plan on being on around 6 ish hours from now.

>> No.6147167

>>6147117

Thanks chief! Unfortunately I don't get out of classes until 9 and home at 10 EST at the absolute latest but I'll poke my head in to see who all is online. Sounds good to hear the guild reform went well. I hope Nailus has been well with whatever he's doing.

>> No.6147371

>>6147167
Sounds good, ill be on later most other nights where I get on to rez and raise money.

>> No.6148046

Green economy is NIGGERS.

FUCK RMT
FUCK JANNIES
FUCK SOME SWEET DARK ELF BOOTY
FUCK BUYING GEAR
FUCK NIGGERS
AND MOST OF ALL FUCK HUMANS

>> No.6148443

>>6148046
What the fuck there's RMT people now?

>> No.6148579

>>6148046
based

>> No.6148797

>>6148443
Why, that's how you can tell it's a successful server. Unless there are poofters trying to cheat their way to success and bots & scumbags facilitating it, your MMO is dead!

>> No.6148840
File: 872 KB, 885x721, GuildReuinion.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6147371

Hey sorry, I won't be able to get on tonight. Had to do some things and am about to crash the fuck out to sleep for the night. Bright side, the other thing I've been doing made a new chan and I decided to shill P99 and our guild over there. Anywho, time to sleep. G'nite!

https://board.thunderspygaming.net/v/res/2.html

>> No.6148858

>>6143824
Oh fuck a victim of evercrack. Hope he recovered. We could always use more relapse members anonymous.

>> No.6148859

>>6142750
I'm going to eat your precious fish you wacky ass necromancer

>> No.6148914

>when some faggot brings up sports in your party

Fucking hell don't you get this shit enough at work?

>> No.6149492

>>6148797
Honestly I was actually thinking that when I made this post. GREEN IS THE BEST.

>> No.6150371

I'm online with Edgey/Mycrow today if anyone needs an invite.

>> No.6151348

I hear tell that this here be the place to find wallpapers of FAT ELF ASS. Is that true? Does Everquest have enough ass and/or titties to fill my monitor?

>> No.6152275

>>6151348
>we could have had everquest 3 today with current models + body sliders
why did they fuck it up so badly?

>> No.6152941

>>6143191
came to find this thread after hearing they finally merged the servers. fucking good. splitting them should've never happened. the day it happened half of the players i'd been talking to on green suddenly vanished. what a fuckin joke. what they should've done is fixed the ZEM in zones that people essentially refuse to even try to level in.

>> No.6153079

So its pretty much all speculation. but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoDnlhxSZcQ&t=188s

If EQ3 was announced and it wasnt mobile game trash or some mmolite game would you give a shit?

>> No.6153080

I'll be hanging around for the next few hours so if you need a rez, or an invite to the new guild message Klerykal.

>> No.6153089

>>6143191
>can't even find a group as a Cleric in Unrest

Now this is top bullshit. And I had zero (0) luck finding groups for any other content around ~19 because everybody HAS to have the most xp per hour, even if you end sitting in a list for a couple hours.

>> No.6153119

>>6153079
No. The magic of EQ is in its oldschool design, I wouldn't even look at a new one because I know it wouldn't have the same design concepts.

>> No.6153151

>>6153079

I would be neutral, honestly. With Next being vaporware and Pantheon being vaporwave I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for their release. And even if they do come out, how do you know it won't be another Everquest 2 where they buttfuck the entire game less than a year in to try and steal subs from WoW? Or would it be like Vanguard where it was actually a really good game but the launch was a rancid turd they needed to wash off first, and when they finally washed it off they cancelled it?

>> No.6153157

>>6153151
>Pantheon being vaporwave
Im hoping against all odds this game comes out and gets an actual chance especially since brad is gone now

>> No.6153196

>>6153079
Only if they limited polycount to EQ1 standards.
Texture sizes can be to the moon, in fact I'd be upset if everything was a 4K texture (or even larger) but low poly and no shaders.

>> No.6153284

>>6153079
honestly, no. they've long since demonstrated that they the people behind the everquest name are unable to take on the responsibility of creating something new and good.

>> No.6153604

tfw can't think of a good name

>> No.6153728

>>6153604

Brapphogg

>> No.6153732
File: 73 KB, 630x611, 1569504520296.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6153604
>pay $15 for WoW subscription
>spend 20 hours trying to come up with a name that I can tolerate that isn't taken
>unable to
>cancel sub

>> No.6153734

>>6153079
>EQ3
>battle royale

nope.exe

>> No.6153736

I just want a classic EQ with raid instancing so I don't have to join a batphone guild and compete with poop sockers over the same handful of raid targets...

>> No.6153754

>>6153736

Server managers are in the poopsock guilds so don't count on it.

>> No.6153768
File: 14 KB, 142x250, 1568382638756.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6153736
Just use real money to buy loot rights. You have a real job, right?

>> No.6153823

I have a couple EQ friends I have kept in touch with over the years who are always trying to get me to come back. I started originally right as velouis was being released and played a little after planes of power.

I probably didn't pick the best combo of race/class/God to begin with because I always struggled ( half elf/ Pali/M.Mar) , but had a lot of fun.

One of my favorite memories playing games will always be getting my soulfire.

>> No.6153985

>>6153823
By Velious your race was already irrelevant and religion didn't matter except for maybe making certain tradeskills cheaper to raise

>> No.6155743

>>6153985
For factions, yeah, but Velious adds a bunch of religion items in the game.

>> No.6155870

>>6155743
None of which matter as there are far better raid drops.

>> No.6155942

>>6155870
Is it realistic for a typical player to assume they'll ever get raid gear or their epic?

>> No.6156205

>>6155870
Sure but not everyone raids.

>> No.6156329

>>6153732
It's free for the first 20 something levels brainlet. You could have been unable to choose a name for free.

>> No.6156707

>>6155942
Not as long as the assfaggot guild is still alive.

>> No.6156898

Did anybody still need invite to the new guild?

>> No.6157314

How long does it take for a name to be freed up? I just deleted my character to reroll and it keeps saying the name is rejected.

>> No.6157916

>>6157314

It should be immediate.

>> No.6158326

>just ran across Antonica for no real reason in particular

Just another night.

>> No.6158754

>>6157314
its buggy right now after the merge saw a ton of retards whining about it on the forum

>> No.6160460

>>6155942
>>6156205
Umm, what exactly are you doing at end-game EQ if you're not raiding? Worthwhile cash camps are monopolized by guilds, so you're not going to reliably be farming those. No AAs or anything so no reason to exp. I guess you might be able to farm some epic or quest armor stuff and sell loot rights, but that's pretty boring, and what do you need the plat for anyways if you don't raid?

>> No.6160478

>>6160460
Most people I've run into are just playing the game for fun with no real thought given to end-game performance or ever stepping foot in a raid. Reaching 50 is an immense time commitment that I don't really expect I'm going to complete. Maybe if I was 13 and had nothing better to do.
The raiding community on p1999 seems to be made up exclusively of people who have already been raiding on blue or raided on retail for years and have fully mapped out their character progression from vanilla to the end of velious. Which is all well and good, but new players and people with more than one hobby probably aren't going to want to jump in.

>> No.6160487

>>6160478
Well, if you're not even going to hit level cap then the handful of mediocre religious exclusive items are even less of a factor. Just get your Temple of Sol Ro class exclusive stuff at some point and you're set...

>> No.6160748

>>6160487
>Worthwhile cash camps are monopolized by guilds
Not really, AC is fine as it is. At least 2 of us have managed to camp it several times over a few weeks.

>> No.6161281

>>6160478
This guy gets it.

>> No.6162939 [DELETED] 

>>6153823
If you come back, let us know. Half Elf Paladin of Mithaniel Marr isn't a bad choice. If you'd gone Tunare, there's another nifty sword you could have gotten in Velious, but it's not the end of the world.