[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 162 KB, 640x775, Heroes_3_front.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6128956 No.6128956 [Reply] [Original]

Is there any /vr/ games that almost sunkened your whole part of life in it? Like the ones you could never eat, sleep for over 24 hours while playing it and still couldnt get enough of it.

>> No.6129796

actually is homm3 for me. could play it endlessly if it were physically possible

>> No.6130160

>>6128956
Weirdly enough, tetris.

>> No.6130171

>>6128956
>>6129796
What do you guys like so much about that game?

>> No.6130446

>>6130171
it's gay just like them

>> No.6130719

>>6128956
>Is there any /vr/ games that almost sunkened your whole part of life in it?
Interesting engrish there.

>>6130171
I'm not the biggest fan since I dislike TBS games in general and the way HoMM3 boils down to getting specific magic and using it effectively to win, but the game does have multiple unique "races" to play as, lots of depth and details to learn, and a built-in custom level generator.

>> No.6130973

>>6130171
The level editor makes its replayability skyrocket. Just knowing that you could take the framework of the game, which is already super solid and allows for you to figure out and execute tons of strategies, and create and play endless amounts of user generated content stops you from losing interest in the game. Makes it easy to get attached to because the only dependencies the game has is you enjoying it.

>> No.6131153

>>6130171
A combination of things. The random map generator provides nigh-infinite replay value. Numerous viable strategies make early and mid game different each time (late game is often dependent on 3-4 specific spells, but you can just not use them/outright ban them).

I think the big thing that keeps me around is the online community; not necessarily multiplayer, but the modding community adding tons of QOL changes (hotkeys for creating one stacks, quick combat, etc) and tweaking the few original pain points (now you're able to refuse witch huts or scholars, for example). The HotA team still adding new content is excellent for continued replay.

If you like the game, you can sink hours into it just playing the campaign and pre-loaded scenarios before ever touching the random map generator, and that's not mentioning the hundreds of user-made scenarios you can download.

>>6130973
>the only dependencies the game has is you enjoying it.
this sums up my feelings well. if you like tbs games then homm3 is top tier

>> No.6131173
File: 474 KB, 500x500, Lords_of_the_Realm_II.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Is there any /vr/ games that almost sunkened your whole part of life in it?
none
but I think I know what you're talking about, so my picks would be HoMM2/3/4, JA2, Combat Mission, Lords of the Realm: those aren't the most favorite of mine, but back in the day I could easily play them non-stop for days, weeks, months (and I (almost non-stop) did)