[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 47 KB, 641x399, iu.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6089802 No.6089802 [Reply] [Original]

Is there anything you can do about poison/disease in this game besides reloading a save? I'm kind of trying to "roleplay" the game and deal with problems organically when I can.

>> No.6089806

Cast Esuna on yourself.

>> No.6090116

>>6089802

Go into a mage's guild and make a cure poison/disease spell.

>> No.6090270 [DELETED] 

There are potions and spell to heal yourself. Or you can travel to a temple to consult with a healer - if you live long enough to survive the journey yet. For all things Daggerfall, I found this site very useful:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Diseases

In general, I would recommend joining the Mage's Guild right away after you've made it out of Privateer's Hold so you can use their "Cure Poison" spell. I've contracted terminal illnesses before in that first dungeon and couldn't even make the trip to Daggerfall but had to make for the nearest temple instead. Where I then had to pledge my life to their God to be able to afford the treatment cost using the member's discount. Even though I thought it disadventageous to be a member of that church, I just rolled with it. I figured they saved my life, so my soul is theirs.
It was my first character and my first time playing Daggerfall. Thought it was a great start. Really emergent RGP stuff.

>> No.6090273 [DELETED] 

>>6090270
Oh, I meant the guild's "Cure disease" spell in your case obviously. Sorry about that.

>> No.6090279

>>6089802
There are potions and spell to heal yourself. Or you can travel to a temple to consult with a healer - if you live long enough to survive the journey yet. For all things Daggerfall, I found this site very useful:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Diseases

In general, I would recommend joining the Mage's Guild right away after you've made it out of Privateer's Hold so you can use their "Cure disease" and "Cure Poison" spell. I've contracted terminal illnesses before in that first dungeon and couldn't even make the trip to Daggerfall but had to make for the nearest temple instead. Where I then had to pledge my life to their God to be able to afford the treatment cost using the member's discount. Even though I thought it disadventageous to be a member of that church, I just rolled with it. I figured they saved my life, so my soul is theirs. It was my first character and my first time playing Daggerfall. Thought it was a great start. Really emergent RGP stuff.

>> No.6090387

>>6089802
magic or potions obviously, like what else is there, there's no divine powers in Elder Scrolls it's all just a different form of magic

iirc alchemy in daggerfall is about as hard as alchemy in real life so good luck with that

most people just go to mages guild and reroll the quest they give you until its the one where you just wait till night and kill a bunch of dudes

you can become archmage in like 20 minutes or less, then just make whatever fuckin spells you need

>> No.6091532

>>6090279
sounds like american healthcare

>> No.6092934

>>6089802
temples can heal you i think