[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 10 KB, 256x224, 92382bb187ad07302a3b2d08d3b6f208.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
607338 No.607338 [Reply] [Original]

KAMI-SAMA TIER

Super Butouden 2 (SFC)

HIGH TIER

>Legends(PS1/SS)>Shin Butouden(SS)

GOOD TIER

>Hyper Dimension(SFC)>Bu yuu Retsuden(MD)>Super Butouden 3(SFC)>Super Butouden(SFC)

MEH TIER

>Ultimate Battle 22(PS1)

SHIT TIER

>Final Bout (PS1)

>> No.607875

Hyper Dimension is all you need

>> No.610459

>>607875

it's an aight street fighter clone, but it's not cuhrazey enough for me

>> No.610647

>putting those fucking lame Butouden games on the same tier as Hyper Dimension
Why?

>> No.610651

>>610459
>street fighter clone
-How-.
Do you even know how that game controls?

>> No.610706

>>607338
When I was reading DB for the first time back in 2006 or so (I used to hate and ignore tha cartoon as a kid), I was in a super-db mood and tried playing the SNES games, but they were just oo fucking terrible for me to tolerate.

Maybe I've been playing the wrong ones.

>> No.611820

>>610647

>Butouden
>lame

why?

>>610651
Yeah, but I mean it's like a more traditional fighting game compared to, say Super Butouden or Legends, or buu yuu retsuden

>> No.611828

>Super Butouden 2
>top tier

Stellar taste there, OP

>> No.615032
File: 82 KB, 427x355, tumblr_m7zo7cuBbR1qd4q8ao1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>610706

most super famicom dragon ball games were fine, there was a few RPG games (I think one of them is one of the best DB RPGs available, I think starts from the beginning of Z or maybe the piccolo saga and ends with freezer), and the fighters.
All fighters on SFC are good, much better than the most popular ones like Final Bout or UB22 at least.
Hyper Dimension plays like a traditional fighter and is the best one graphically, and the Super Butouden games have their own distinctive gameplay for them to suit the DBZ-style fights (split screens to dash/fly around the stage faster and further, ki charge pressing Y+B, tactical use of super powers... it's really exciting when you're playing against another person who knows how to play the game, it becomes more of a tactical game rather than fighter... getting body to body combat can be dangerous for both players so the best option is to stay away from your opponent, charge your ki, and throw an attack (kame hame, masenko, whatever's the special power of your character, and they can perform 2 different powers each, aside from all the standard energy ball attacks)... so it's all a matter of charging your ki, and not letting your opponen charge his... once both players have enough ki, the special attack clash starts, and you have to try to either block or evade the attacks, or fight it back with another special power... if both powers clash (say, a kame hame against a big bang attack), both players have to buttonmash A and B simultaneously, first one to reach 50 hits wins.
It really is fun, but you need to know all the commands and special attacks, and have a friend who is also good at it, however, the single player is also really good, difficulty levels 3 and 4 are fucking diabolical, difficulty 4 practically rapes your ass, doesn't even let you charge your ki and can knock you off even if you block their attacks.
Actually, SB 2 and 3 are the most polished, and SB2 is the overall better in the series.

>> No.615141

Here's how I rank the DBZ games I've played:

1. Super Butouden 2 - The soundtrack is awesome, the fighting works, the roster is nice and has variety, and it has the most fleshed out single player mode.

Hyper Dimension - The graphics are amazing, a definite step up over the Butouden games. It also has the deepest mechanics, although you can't truly compare the gameplay to the Butouden games. Soundtrack and single player are kinda forgettable, though.

Super Butouden 3 - Only real improvement over SB2 is that it's slightly faster paced. Soundtrack is not as good, however, and it completely lacks a single player mode.

Legends - To be honest, I don't fully get how the game works. Still, it's very fast paced, and the tag team mechanic is cool. Graphics suck, though.

Buyuu Retsuden - AFAIK it's just a stripped down SB2/3. Not much to say.

Super Butouden - Clunky as fuck controls, small roster, and unrefined mechanics. It's just not very good compared to its much improved sequels.

>> No.615182

>>615141

Legends has combos or special attacks, but you can win the game by just using the same regular attack always, although some stages are difficulty if you don't use some combos to inflinge more damage (like the fight against the 3 androids, I think that was the hardest in the game)

I liked the 2D sprites in Legends.