[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 45 KB, 600x808, Brosnan.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5964850 No.5964850 [Reply] [Original]

Think of a game you really like. It doesn't even have to be your favorite--just any one your really enjoy. Got it? Good.

Now say something discouraging about it. Try and convince us not to play it.

>> No.5964854

>FFIX
Battles take fucking forever and like the prior installments, random battles occur every five steps. It could take ages to just go from one side of the room to another.

>> No.5964927

>>5964854
came into this thread to more or less make this exact post so I’ll shit on Suikoden II instead

Soundtrack is of varying quality and while it does well to set the tone for most of the game, it falls flat at certain points. Also the final sequence of the game is pretty anticlimactic.

>> No.5965313

>Ocarina of Time
What is this shit? The map is fuck huge but more than half of it is just empty field or water. And what fucking "combat system" is this? Hurr durr z target, jump, swing, repeat. You don't even need to understand enemy movements or timing to steamroll most of the game. Are these even puzzles? Shoot the glowing eye, blow up this boulder, maybe this unlit torch does something. The game holds your hand the entire time anyways, it all but tells you exactly what to do. Sometimes it outright tells you exactly what to do. And if you somehow miss all that you have your buddy character constantly chirping in to remind you of what to do. The only "difficult" parts are just tedious. Let's not forget the ocarina gimmick. Memorize all these button inputs, you only need a couple for kost of the game and the rest are basically useless after using them(unless you need to do even more backtracking. And what mostly fills up this huge empty world? Fetch quests.

>> No.5965316

>>5965313
I don’t think Arin actually does enjoy OoT.

>> No.5965319

>>5965316
Who's Arin?

>> No.5965335

>>5964854
The unbearably slow (and questionably balanced) combat really breaks this game for me. I love pretty much everything else about, but I'm not sure if I'll ever play it again

>> No.5965394

Super mario 3. worst game ever made. dont play it.

>> No.5965402

>Quake 2
Save me, Romero

>> No.5965403

>Tetris
what the fuck? it sucks!

>> No.5965445

>>5964850
the 360 degree movement in the fps forsaken is disorienting and makes discovering secrets hard

>> No.5965531

>>5965335
Combat is pretty well balanced in my opinion, not like VIII or VII levels of broken by doing simple things. Anwyays, it's my favorite game of all time and I hope more people play it. Throw it on an emulator and just use the speed function once the battle transition hits, solves the problem. Obviously you shouldn't have to do this in a game but that's life, game is worth the effort.

>> No.5965547

>>5964850
>Megaman 2
2/3 of the power ups are useless 99% of the time.

>> No.5965794

>>5964850
>heroes 3

there is so much bullshitting and repetition it's not fun and if you played one faction you played them all. necropolis should be banned forever and inferno shouldn't exist at all.

actually, fuck it, it's a great game either way and you should have at least played it until you won either a campaign or just a randomly generated skirmish with 4-8 players.