[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 18 KB, 182x262, ego.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
596351 No.596351[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

"Let's make this one part SUPER fucking hard for no goddamn reason so people who aren't born yet will rage like babies. All in favor?"

- Konami, 1989

>> No.596370

"Let's make a game people will want to play"

- Titus, never

>> No.596383

butchered arcade port
> one of my favorite games ever
-egoraptor on gradius 3 for the SNES. FaTron probably blows him while he plays though.

I miss old Konami and I hate that fag egoraptor for driving up the price of an alright SNES game by showering it with his magical gay grumps praise.

>> No.596387

"Let's make a 3D Sonic game that doesn't suck. Loljk.

-Sega, until they're bought out by Activision in 2019

>> No.596392

>>596383
I honestly prefer the SNES version of Gradius III. If that one had a version without slowdown I'd get it in a heartbeat.

>> No.596389
File: 195 KB, 1207x1013, 3269903192_a2b93ce4c1_o.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

"So do we make it a vertical shooter or horizontal?"

- Axelay development team

>> No.596395

"Let's sink our franchises. All in favor?"

-Capcom

>> No.596405

>>596395
This post was inevitable.

>> No.596410

>>596383

What are you talking about? Gradius is around $10 on amazon still.

>> No.596412

"Fuck it. Let's read that Necronomicon. What's the worst that could happen?"

-Electronic Arts, circa 1995

>> No.596421

"Uhh, check the tv and see what's popular."

- Imagineering. Glen Rock, New Jersey

>> No.596423

>>596410
If only Amazon shipped to the rest of the world...I just checked sold listings on ebay and its went back down a week ago when that episosde came out listings were closing at 20 dollars

>> No.596438

>>596410

people here just love hating on people that get paid to do what they also love most:play video games

I mean, really, egoraptor goes to cons and sells merch and gets paid by the views right? All for what? Making cartoons(something he likes to do) and playing video games? Often times with a(apparently) good friend of his?

Yeah. I think we'd all like that. The envy spills out of egoraptor hate posts, and to be honest its only to be expected.

>> No.596447
File: 2.37 MB, 444x250, 1360165497525.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

"What's this? A new handheld? Whelp, get the port machine working."

- Every developer ever

>> No.596458

>>596438

>People hate Egoraptor because he's making money

I don't think that's why, maybe it's just me

I make money flipping burgers but people don't hate me because of that, they hate me because I make all of their sandwiches wrong and sing while I do it.

>> No.596461

>>596438
He's also engaged to a girl who's actually fuckable.

>> No.596467
File: 100 KB, 499x750, 1351156994462.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>596461
Ok now we just crossed the silly line.

>> No.596475

"Let's make this game piss-easy because everyone born after this year is a filthy casual. All in favor?"

-95% of developers, 1989

>> No.596484

>>596458
You don't make enough money off flipping burgers to live comfortably by yourself, go on vacations to Disneyland, buy nice things you want p much whenvever, etc. You also don't have a potentially worldwide audience scrutinizing the quality of your work and dicking around in proportion to what you make.

Terrible comparison.

>> No.596506

/vr/ - No Alphas Allowed

>> No.596510

"We have successfully merged our companies, now lets stop making good games."

-SquareEnix, 2003

>> No.596514

>>596438
I am envious of what he does, he is a very lucky man. I hate him though because his fanbase is just getting way too ridiculous and it was bad enough before.

>> No.596523

>>596484

So people are actually envious of Egoraptor because he's pretty much a selfish jerk with bad opinions on everything and makes its known to everyone despite being able to have whatever he wants?

Well color me surprised. Anyway here's a quip about how money, objects, and fame don't buy happiness.

>> No.596534

>>596523
Nope. Having frequent consensual sex with a woman under 150 lbs does.

>> No.596538

>>596370
As a kid I played Prehistorik 2 and so never knew what's up with the Titus hate. It was a great game.

>> No.596547

>>596523
Honestly, the fact that he has negative traits about him only make it worse. Fellow dumb dickish people are going to be especially jelly because they feel like him and would then likely feel like they should have what he has based on merit. Meanwhile, people who think themselves to have better opinions and be less of a selfish jerk are apt to be jelly because 'he doesn't deserve what he has; how come a good person like me doesn't have such luck?'

You know? And no, I'm not saying loleveryoneisjustjelly; of course there are people that give 0 fucks as to his money or lack thereof, and either like him or don't independent of it. But don't try and bullshit and say there aren't a good number of people that wish they were the ones ignoring flak as they enjoy their lives.

>> No.596560

>>596405
Well, I think most people agree that's what Capcom is bloody doing. So yeah, inevitable.

>> No.596569

>>596547

>But don't try and bullshit and say there aren't a good number of people that wish they were the ones ignoring flak as they enjoy their lives.

That's just it. People in normal everyday situations don't get as much flak, but does it make them any less shit?

People sure talk about Egoraptor about a lot, and it gets pretty nauseating to say the least. I remember when he just made animations and now it's completely different. Post Game Grumps era, I really turn a blind eye to because so many can play a video game, talk over it and then quit about 10 minutes later and be as annoying as possible.

>> No.596575

>>596458

>I make money flipping burgers but people don't hate me because of that

Who the fuck flips burgers for a hobby? Its like you missed the entire point of my fucking post.

Clearly, there is a reason you flip burgers for a living. Wouldn't you love to get paid for doing something you loved for a living? Shit. Lrn2readingcomp

>> No.596585

>>596547

And what are his negative traits? When has he ever outright stated his opinions were fact? Never. Yeah, he's comedic, and its not comedic to have a disclaimer warning saying that THIS IS JUST MY 2 CENTS on every fucking video.

The fact that you're so asspained over this guy is hilarious.

>> No.596606

>>596585
>what are his negative traits?
not that guy but JonTron is one of them

>> No.596608

>>596585
How's it going, Arin? Browse 4chan much these days?

>> No.596610 [DELETED] 

>>596575

egoraptor is shit, shouldn't a guy who is making burgers all wrong be hated regardless of whether or not it's a hobby

>Lrn2readingcomp

Learn to common sense, you hunced over troglodyte

>> No.596626

>>596585
The thing about his voice and tone makes it come off as if he's unaccepting of other opinions and is very close minded. I mean, he very well might be just speaking his mind, but god his tone makes it sound so pretentious.

>> No.596636

>>596585
It's worth noting that I actually like Arin, Jon and GG (even if I don't always agree with the more opinionated things said or brought up). I personally am a bit jelly that they blew up the way they did, but at the same time it's cool to see that it worked out for them. I was simply coming from an empathetic perspective as, and maybe this is just me, it's not too hard to see why people who think little of their work would be bothered by how successful it is, and I stand by what I said: Many people discredit both of them because they are successful with the 'shit tier' material they bring forth. James Rolfe was and still is hated on the same way, and I wouldn't be surprised if TBFP gets the same treatment.

tl;dr: People get hate for having successful programs with material said haters think they could outdo.

>> No.596638

>>596626
this
> castlevania 4 is shit tier and if you like it you are a pleb, but thats just my opinion rite.

I hate castlevania 4 as much as the next guy, jk but I do agree with the points he makes he just sounds like a fucking prick doing it

>> No.596649

>>596626

Remind me again why anyone gives him the time of day?

It most not be in his best interest to make cartoons anymore since game grumps is so much easier and he's getting so much fatter, haha, but I digress, really though i think sometimes we give him too much attention to by derailing threads into debacles about him and his antics. Once someone told me all about how Egoraptor never finished high school and Jontron was abused a child, fuck did I ask?

this is not video games

>> No.596654

>>596626
>>596638

I agree that Arin and Jon both have certain tones that give the impression that they're just rigidly 100% about what they're saying; whenever Jon sounds agitated he gets so absolute in what he's saying, and Arin just tends to have a pompousness about him when he speaks; a tone of superiority I guess is one way of describing it, but eh.

>> No.596656

>>596626

>The thing about his voice and tone makes it come off as if he's unaccepting of other opinions and is very close minded

No shit. It's like you're a regular Sherlock Holmes. Look, do you really think he'd get as many views if his tone was anything but that? I know he wouldn't.

I've met him at a con. He's not as bad you're making him out to be.

And he's not even that close minded. In a recent Game Grumps video, Jontron mentioned how Mega man 7 was his favorite Mega Man game, and Jontron just said "That's an interesting opinion". He didn't verbally rape him for having what most mega man fans consider to be the retarded step-brother of the mega man games as his favorite.

Please /vr/, /v/ bitches and asspains about Egoraptor enough. Just let it be.

>> No.596659

>>596649
Ego acted super pretentious and dropped out to prove he could achieve without high school and got his GED which requires zero knowledge to complete. He wanted to stand out and not graduate.
>mfw i'm beginning to realize why he calls himself EGOraptor

>> No.596668

>>596638

But that isn't what he said about Castlevania 4 at all. He just said that they fucked up in a lot of ways, and they did.

Do you people even watch these videos?

>> No.596669

>>596649
That whole normalboots crew was probably abused peanutbuttergamer is the biggest faggot of them all, i can't stand that asshole, He truly is a faggot too always balls deep in Link's ass

>> No.596670

>>596656
He said "That's an interesting opinion" the same way I would say it to someone who just said something i think is stupid. It's the way he speaks, but i've never met the guy so i can't make a judgment but you can't tell me that wasn't passive-aggressive.

>> No.596676

Did anyone else hear jon say "OK let me suck your dick now" at the end of one of thier episodes? It didnt have any context to what they were talking about but sounded like he was saying it in response to comments that he actually did.

>> No.596682

>>596668
Do you even read?

>> No.596685

>>596682

Yes.

>Castlevania 4 is shit tier and if you like it you are a pleb

Egoraptor has never said anything of the sort, or even implied it. Try harder.

>> No.596693

>>596685
Obviously not. They were talking about his tone of voice not what he said.

>> No.596692

"People don't pirate console games. That's just crazy talk."

-Sega

>> No.596695

>>596636
>tl;dr: People get hate for having successful programs with material said haters think they could outdo.
Or maybe we just have no use for yet another dumbass youtube celeb who is churning out the same vapid cultural flotsam as the rest of them. If he had some comedic talent it might be different but it's the same execrable nerd humor that only the worst kind of people enjoy.

>> No.596697

>this thread

/v/ truly is invading, thanks for shitting up a neat thread just because OP used a reaction image with an origin you fags didn't like.

fuck off

>> No.596706

>>596693

If you guys get this asspained over a tone of voice, then you have probably never held a job very long in your life. Seriously.

I'm normally a really open-minded guy but give me a soapbox and sure, I'll be adamant about my opinions.

And being confident about what the developers did wrong with the game doesn't mean anything other than just that, and again, he's pretty spot on with that video.

>> No.596715

>>596387
>Implying Sonic Generations wasn't good

>> No.596717

>>596695
You sound like you could do better

>> No.596713

>>596695

I find this hysterical. People here in this thread are whining about how much of a closeminded intolerant asshole he is, but people have fun with his videos and you fags are intolerant of him yourselves. Why? Because he's opinionated? Is that really a reason to get overwhelmingly asspained every time he's mentioned? Jesus fuck.

>> No.596720

>>596669

>normalboots
>peanutbuttergamer

what is this stuff? Why keep up with this kind of thing when you can spend your time playing games and having some actual fun. These people are literally no different than any other Youtube schlockstar. It just doesn't matter.

it's amazing how OP's image got this all started

>> No.596734

>>596713
I don't give a shit about his opinions, which you might have realized if you had actually read and understood my post instead of leaping to his defense like a sad little guard dog.

>> No.596730

>gay jokes
>lols
>excessive use of the word "jelly"
>having multiple threads involving asspain over two opinionated men playing with children's toys
>verbose paragraphs worth of ranting while pretending to not be upset
>>>/v/

>> No.596738
File: 35 KB, 640x480, Kacho ON!.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The only one

>> No.596747

>>596734

Clearly you didn't read my fucking post and didn't past elementary education, because you don't know the difference between a statement and a question. I asked you why you were so fucking upset over one guy. I didn't state shit about how you felt about him other than you were clearly intolerant of him.

After re-reading your post, its like because you don't find it funny, you hate him, and you judge the shit out of people that do.

The people that hate Egoraptor because he's "intolerant of others' opinions" would probably hate you just as much if you had your own youtube channel with funny videos.

>> No.596754

>>596706
nobody is asspained he's a faggot there is nothing to argue. I am one of the most opinionated people I know and very outspoken, people remove me from facebook because I'm not afraid to tell them how I feel about the stupid shit they post. The point you try to raise about having a job makes zero fucking sense I have a had a job longer than you, I have had a better job longer than you, and it's because I know when to keep my mouth shut. Actually Arin you make way more money than me from being a faggot and people aren't going to stop thinking you're a faggot if this is how you defend your work. Too much of a faggot to understand how condescending you sound when you speak.

>> No.596758
File: 3 KB, 205x192, 1357820282989.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>596754

>> No.596764

>>596758
listen, faggot. nobody is asspained he's a faggot there is nothing to argue. I am one of the most opinionated people I know and very outspoken, people remove me from facebook because I'm not afraid to tell them how I feel about the stupid shit they post. The point you try to raise about having a job makes zero fucking sense I have a had a job longer than you, I have had a better job longer than you, and it's because I know when to keep my mouth shut. Actually Arin you make way more money than me from being a faggot and people aren't going to stop thinking you're a faggot if this is how you defend your work. Too much of a faggot to understand how condescending you sound when you speak.

>> No.596768

>>596758
fuck you doomsayers, internet hate machine was thriving before you moralfag babies ruined it. A couple of posts pointing out how much of a fagget egoraptor is will not kill the board.

>> No.596775

Janitor-san, help!

>> No.596776

>>596747
>Clearly you didn't read my fucking post and didn't past elementary education, because you don't know the difference between a statement and a question

>>596754
>I am one of the most opinionated people I know and very outspoken, people remove me from facebook because I'm not afraid to tell them how I feel about the stupid shit they post.

They said summer was a myth...

They said it didn't exist...

>> No.596782

>>596754

>I have a had a job longer than you
>Actually Arin you make way more money than me from being a faggot and people aren't going to stop thinking you're a faggot if this is how you defend your work. Too much of a faggot to understand how condescending you sound when you speak.
>Actually Arin you make way more many than me
>This asspained faggot seriously thinks I'm Egoraptor.
>If not that, he's wasting his time by posting a shout out to Arin
>Spelling errors and grammatical errors throughout his post

wow bro you're trying very very hard. B for effort, D for overall execution

>> No.596780

I honestly don't know how anyone could defend the guy after his last shit tier abomination AWESOME POKEMON he's lost his touch. I hate him because his shit fucking sucks now and he doesn't deserve fans, I'm not a "hater" his shit is just so old now, his last cartoon was cringe.

>> No.596787

>>596780

>He doesn't deserve fans
>I HAVE THE RIGHT TO BEQUEATH WHO DESERVES WHAT

>> No.596785

>>596370
I loved Titus the fox as a kid

>> No.596790

>>596775

Could the mods seriously make it a fucking RULE not to get so fucking butthurt every time someone posts an egoraptor reaction image?

>> No.596792

>>596747
>I asked you why you were so fucking upset over one guy.
Because it's not just one guy, it's the entire host of worthless youtube celebs and webcomic authors that have droolers like you swinging from their dicks because they made a comic where Mario says fuck or something equally worthless. They all have their own little fanclubs of inbred apes that continually start little bitchfights everywhere over which one is the greatest.

You keep bringing up this
>"intolerant of others' opinions"
shit like it's relevant. I don't give a rats ass what he - or any of the other interchangeable youtube nerds celebs with "funny" videos - thinks one way or the other, because they're ALL a bunch of morons. People like you are no different than dizzy teen girls who fawn over celebrities, but at least they have an excuse.

>> No.596795
File: 392 KB, 1425x1425, DYNAMITEPIZZA.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>596764

No listen faggot. I've been too much of a faggot for too fucking long to let some other faggot come and be a bigger fucking faggot than me. I am a better faggot and I've been a better faggot for longer than you have. You got that faggot?

>> No.596797

>>596787
>thought awesome pokemon was funny

out underage

>> No.596801

>>596790
Can we just have internet hate machine back? I'm so fucking sick of touchy feely chan

captcha prozak jonessin

>> No.596804

>>596790
Dude, the nature of 4chan doesn't work that way. I'm sure there will eventually be individual ZSNES, Snes9x, GameGrumps and Sega Dreamcast boards.

>> No.596808

>>596795
you are a bigger faggot because you made awesome pokemon fuck you, I lost all respect for you fagget

>> No.596809

>>596801
>internet hate machine
Perhaps you would be better suited on /b/ with anonymoose legume.

>> No.596813

>>596792

Okay, so you're basically superior to everyone and anything and we should all conform to what you like because you're not a moron but we are.

This "holier than thou" attitude of yours is fucking rank. You're a dick, anon.

>> No.596814

>>596797
Lrn2read

>> No.596816

>>596797

I didn't. But even if I did, who cares? What makes your sense of humor superior to mine?

>> No.596818

>>596816
You left yourself open for a shitty passive joke. 6/10.

>> No.596821

>>596809
too much garbage to sift through need to get my retro hate on bro. Plus they do shit for gay justice now and stuff like that. I miss 9000 penises all raping children. Retro 4chan

>> No.596834

>>596813
>This "holier than thou" attitude of yours is fucking rank. You're a dick, anon.
Maybe so, but at least I'm not a pig licking up vomit.

>> No.596835

>>596392
Don't some emulators let you circumvent the original console's hardware limitations and remove slowdown and stuff?

>> No.596840

>>596834

>Pig licking up vomit

There we go again, with your "holier than thou" bullshit. I'm sure what you like is so entertaining, anon. Your standards are so high, you love all the awesome stuff!

Your opinions are so awesome, I bet I'd get high off of just sharing an opinion with you. Tell me anon, what do you find funny?

>> No.596845

>>596821
Maximum edgy.

This thread is shit.

>> No.596846

>>596840
Dick and fart jokes.

>> No.596847

>>596685
No, but he did say that about the modern "Metroidvania" style (a word he hates).

>> No.596848

>>596845
It was a stupid joke. Just ignore him. Thread is shit though.

>> No.596854
File: 485 KB, 512x496, 1357819572884.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>596834
>>596840

Are you two really that caught up in whatever it is that you're talking about? This couldn't possibly be an actual argument, right?

People are smarter than this right?

>> No.596856

>>596782
>Intelligence based on ones mastery of the English language

lol you still get graded on your spelling bro? There are no spelling errors in my post though, plenty of grammar errors though but I am really failing to understand why punctuation is important to an engineer? I don't need comma's to draw a schematic you gay nigger. I don't have to write essays on why the things I build. I draw it up and it comes to life no thanks to punctuation. Once you get into the working world you will realize how unimportant they really are. I may be the asshole who butchers your language but you have to thank engineering for everything.

>> No.596862

>>596846

Guess we have nothing in common then. Unfortunate.

>> No.596874

>>596856

>Engineering for everything

Nah I'd rather thank mathematics. Without it you faggots couldn't do SHIT. So fuck off.

>> No.596878

>>596862

You both browse and post on 4chan. Now lose the attitude and suck each other's dicks already.

>> No.596889

>>596878

In terms of humor, dickweed

>> No.596898
File: 612 KB, 715x749, 1348026810813.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>596889
>dickweed

fine be that way

>> No.596903

>>596898

You're the one that wanted us to suck dicks.

>> No.596918

"Gonna stay awesome." -Atlus

>> No.596989

>>596835
Yes, you can also mod your console to remove slowdowns

>> No.596996

Shit, what a horrid thread.

>> No.597049
File: 780 KB, 325x203, 134962091789.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

People please

>> No.597061

>>597049

BUT....EGORAPTOR

>> No.597082

>>597061
WHATEVER

LOVE HIM OR HATE HIM IT DOESN'T MATTER

FFS, this was a thread about humorous takes on trends in different company's behaviors over the years. If you want to bitch about Youtube celebrities then go somewhere else.