[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 257 KB, 1024x768, The-Settlers-II.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5957024 No.5957024 [Reply] [Original]

why yes my name is Chad, how could you tell?

>> No.5957104

>>5957024
>>>/v/
Also kys

>> No.5957478

>>5957024
the only problem with Settlers 2 is the limited replayability. There's only so many missions in the campaign and the bot in the ""skirmish"" mode is pretty retarded.
Good game though . my favourite Settlers game, with Settlers 1 and 7 being 2nd.

>> No.5957513
File: 3.73 MB, 320x240, ... you know what, fuck this.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5957024
>Castle right next to starting position
>Flag next to the castle doesn't connect to the nearby steelworks
>Not making connection between mill and the flag left of it
>Brewery is fuck-away from any source of grain
>The other mill isn't connected directly to the farm
>Most of mines is going a fuck-huge roundabount
>No actual roundabount around HQ

I could keep going on how fucking terribly inefficient your road connections are, but hey, you self-proclaimed yourself as a Chad, so no wonder it's all fucked and gay.

>> No.5957517

>>5957478
Fandom is making new maps to this day. But yeah, the lack of anything resembling random maps hurts. This is the only reason why I stick to IV - it has random maps, despite being the worst in the quadrilogy and not having based Amazons.

>> No.5957551

>>5957517
IV has the most comfy world graphics though, and with the add-on and mission pack it has a fuck ton of missions. I've been playing it ever since it came out and I still didn't bother touching the random map generator. The dark people can get fucked but otherwise its a shit ton of fun. The last Roman mission in the Trojan addon is so much fun (you have to start a settlement on the inside of Troy, with elite soldiers).

>> No.5958170

>>5957551
IV is also inferior to III in few pretty important gameplay mechanics, at least for me. For starters, you can't level terrain, unless you plan to entirely disband your constructors and only keep levellers around. Also, beyond Mayans, the rest of factions can go fuck themselves in IV

>> No.5958437

>>5958170
>Also, beyond Mayans, the rest of factions can go fuck themselves in IV

Mayans have the worst building prerequisites though, and unless you have a desert area nearby to get the agave fields going, as well as starting with enough gold bars to get a temple going, you are shit out of luck once you run out of stone.

Romans and Vikings are better. Vikings can produce charcoal and Romans can convert enemy troops with magic. You attack them with 80 level 3 troops and they just convert half of them and all you did was drain their mana reserves while they still have an army.

>> No.5958745

>>5958437
Random maps don't have this problem, you know. There is always a desert or two generated on them and you can pick where do you want to start, so nothing really prevents you from having a nice patch of desert nearby.
I hate Romans with passion in both III and IV. They are presented as the balanced faction, but their buildings tend to take too much space, they require predominately stone (but unlike Egyptians and Mayans, aren't stone-centric, so you still need heavy lumber industry), thier alcohol production requires even more restraining terrain, they have the worst machine and in multiplayer, their spells are just flat-out OP.

>> No.5958751

>>5958745
Said all that, Amazons are the ultimate faction for me. The right balance of construction resources (basically flipped Romans) and ability to use all of the in-game minerals is really great. Gong is nice, too.

>> No.5958795

>>5957024
would just look at the guys and their idle animations for hours.
comfy af

>> No.5960620

>>5957024
>Those terrible, terrible roads
Is this a bait?