[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 429 KB, 596x374, doomguy vs gordon.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
593094 No.593094 [Reply] [Original]

If Doomguy and Gordon Freeman fought each other, who would win?

This is assuming that Gordon has all Half Life 1 weapons and that the Doomguy has all Doom weapons

>> No.593135

While Mr. Freeman does get some kick-ass toys, Doomguy can run at like...what, 55-60 miles per hour, give or take? Plus, if he lands one solid BFG shot, that's kind of it.

Could be a close match, but i'd give it to Doomguy.

>> No.593134

This sounds like a /v/ thread but meh. Doomguy wins, even though Freeman would kick the everloving shit out of anyone else.

>> No.593158

Doomguy went into hell and killed satan and came back alive.

/thread

>> No.593212

doom guy.
no fucking contest.

>> No.593264

Freeman is neat, but he's nothing special, other than an MIT degree, when it comes down to it.

Doomguy, however, killed SATAN. Something that even God hasn't done yet.

Doomguy.

>> No.593304

>>593264
When did Doomguy kill Satan? I'm curious, I played trought Ultimate Doom and Doom 2 but afaik the Icon of Sin isn't Satan.

>> No.594228

Doom's got better deathmatches, so Doomguy's got better practice. Guess who wins.

>> No.594869

I love Half-life, and I have a picture of Gaben in every room of my apartment, but I'm going with Doomguy.

There's just no contest.

>> No.594898

Half life>Doom but Doom guy would RIP AND TEAR gordons guts. No contest.

>> No.594927
File: 31 KB, 220x294, 220px-Lo_Wang.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Gordon is a pretty cool, but Doomguy comes from the era of RIP AND TEAR in gaming - so there's really no contest. Duke, Lo Wang, or that guy from Blood would make a more interesting matchup.

>> No.594946

>>594927
>that guy from Blood
He's pretty weak though.

>> No.594976

>>593094
>add gmDoom to Garrys Mod through steam workshop.
boom! doomguy in hl2

>> No.594981

>>594927
I'd still say Doomguy would beat those guys too. It'd be interesting seeing a Duke vs Lo Wang though.

>> No.595001

>>593135
>implying anything doomfag has can penetrate gordon's fully powered hazardous environment suit

Gordon'll Gluon Gun the little pansy into oblivion.

>> No.595030

>>595001
poor little nancy boy needs a hazard suit to get by. Who needs penetration when you can RIP AND TEAR?

>> No.595081
File: 10 KB, 369x300, 1367214064199.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>595001
That's the stupidest thing I've heard all day. Come talk to me after you know the difference between a BFG and a Gluon Gun.

>> No.595095

>>595081
Now that I think about it, Quake guy would probably murder Doomguy.

>> No.595123

Yeah what about quake guy vs doom guy?

>> No.596948

>>595095
While Quakeguy has a more useful rocket launcher vs fast targets he just doesn't have the same level of damage output that Doomguy does. Doomguy's rockets may be slow but they're spammable and each one does a lot more than a Quake rocket.

With Doomguy's speed he can easily stay out of range of the Mr. Thunderbolt until it's out of ammo, Quakeguy's only other really threatening gun. Same goes for Freeman's Ghostbuster gun. The Gauss would be hard weapon to use against a speed demon like Doomguy, too. All other HL weapons are a bit of a joke. I very much like Gordon Freeman as a character, but as far as game physics go he's just a Quakeguy with much shitter weapons and no quad damage.

>> No.596962
File: 58 KB, 640x767, Blood.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>594927
I wonder if there's a mod out there that uses assets from all three?

>>594946
Holy Jesus, BLOOD was a hard fucking game. I played on normal and pretty much just crawled through the game.

His name was Caleb, not that it matters.

>> No.596991 [DELETED] 
File: 810 KB, 1024x640, Z16gEU.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Doom guy

>> No.597229

Well seeing as if Doomguy ever gets killed he could just punch his way out of hell and fight Gordon again. Kinda makes it a tad overpowered.

>> No.597235

>>596948
>>595095
Does anyone have the image explaining how Quackguy pretty much killed a god by just existing in the same dimension as him?

>> No.597257

>>596948

Hornet hand.

>> No.597260

doom guy picks up berzerk roids and punches gordon into a cloud of red mist

>> No.597270
File: 795 KB, 1680x1050, doom2QQ.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>597257
That piece of shit can't hit shit.
I am a master of the charged gauss shot I would destroy OpFor DM all the time, also rape doom deathmatches too. Doom guy wins no contest. even with the rifle on brutal doom which is the same as the gauss gun pretty much for damage output its still really god damn hard to hit the doom guy where as gordon is an easy taget for him.

>> No.597276

While Gordon is busying trying to aim on a Y axis, Doomguy hits him with the BFG gun. A bit excessive, but Doomguy is like that.
Doomguy with no shred of doubt.

>> No.597296
File: 438 KB, 500x376, Cosby is entertained by your shenanigans.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This is like having a theoretical match between Goku and T. Hawk from Street Fighter.

>> No.601408

Gravity Gun. Doomguy is dead.

>> No.601423

>>601408
Oh wait.
>HL1 guns only
Nevermind.

>> No.601459

>>593094
Doomguy killed cyberdemon,spiderdemon and John Romero.

By that Doomguy wins.

>> No.601482

guys
what if all the scientists of doomguy's world
are like gordon freeman?

like, even the shitty nerds are kick ass
and all the women are muscle women

my dreams

doomguy would win without a doubt, though
gordon isn't too bad at what he does

>> No.601486

>>596962
There's a mod for Doom that adds in Corvus, Parias, Duke, Chexter, Mjolnir, BJ, and Quakeguy.

>> No.601489

>>601459
Doomguy refused to be John Romero's bitch.

>> No.601549

>>601486
Samsara. There's a server for it running lamost constantly.

>> No.601571

>>601549
Yeah, the Doom threads here on /vr/ love it.

>> No.601595

>>601482

Free of charge. Next time you post, feel free to use those.

>> No.601614

>>601595
You seem upset.

>> No.601901

>>601595
okay
i used them now what
i could use them somemore and then use other ones too and then just separate
everything
just
this
just
for
you
<3
u

>> No.602105
File: 448 KB, 596x372, silent red headed particle physicist gone to another world after failed experiment.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Doomguy, but that's an unfair comparison.
Let's level the playing field: which of these red-haired silent physicists entangled with creatures from another dimension after a failed experiment would win?
it's lester, the fucker drives a Jaguar and ran his own experiment on himself and had to punch kick and shoot his way out of an alien prison through a fucking gladiator arena,

>> No.602123

>>602105
He also died

>> No.602126

>>602123
What? No he didn't. His bro saved him.

>> No.602287

>>602105

The redhead protagonist from Another World had only one type of gun, and while it could build an energy wall it probably wouldn't stand a chance against the gluon gun. Then again it could also one-shot everything.

>> No.602305

>>602126
They left it up to interpretation.
But then the second game came out, and he died.

>> No.602308

BFG9000 wins it for doomguy

Though if we want to get all asperger over this, I think Freeman could win if you'd get a correct fighting environment, eg. long distances with some few man-sized cover boxes available.

>> No.602321

The Doomguy can run 57mph and has a BFG. He wins.

>> No.603007

>>602308
You're quite right. Long range is not good for Doomguy. These sorts of matchups never seem to cover the arena for battle.

An equal amount of stock or well known deathmatch maps from both games should be used for consideration.

>> No.603092

>>597235
Also /r/ing this, this sounds interesting

>> No.603103

>>601571
I swear every Doom server with /vr/ in it runs Samsara. Probably understandable in that it's pretty much a 90's FPS fan's wet dream and adds more or less depth.

>> No.603169

>>597235
>>603092
I don't, but I can explain it.

In the end of Quake, you are teleported into Shub Niggurath, the elder god witch mother of all the horrors of quake world. In most games, Quake in particular as well as DOOM, telefragging is an event which occurs to prevent the game from crashing, essentially due to unprocessable data by the engine's limitations. So the solution is to kill the actor already existing in the collision boxes coordinates.

Typically, the standard explosion gibbing animation displays for gibbing. However, in shub niggurath's case, there is an exception. She has an animation for when she's killed by telefrag, the canonical way to kill her. What is animated, is, ranger is equipped with the axe and teleported inside of her and she puslates, bleeds and gibs a little until eventually exploding into a mess of her own guts and blood, and Quake Guy is depicted as chopping her up from the inside out.

Which is badass.

But what is really happening, is the engine is processing an exception to the standard kill by HP depletion as a kill by being unable to compute this error in the engine.

Canonically, Shub was telefragged.

>> No.603886

>>602305
What second game?

>> No.603898

>>602105

Gordon Freeman just basically walks forward killing the everloving shit out of everything until he meets something he can't climb, whereas Lester spends the entire game running away from everything and using trickery to beat foes.
The one hit kill gun is a point in his favour, but it's entirely possible the HEV suit could shrug it off, seeing as it's specifically designed to protect against damage from exotic forms of matter.

>> No.603906

>>603898

What sort of damage can the HEV suit take? I know it can handle bullets, but how many at full power?

>> No.603910

>>602321

Hell, running at 57mph, he could easily kill Gordon with his bare hands.

Not only would the momentum from an armour-clad fist travelling at 90km/h fuck your shit six ways till Sunday in any case, the physical strength needed to move a fully grown man's body. along with a full suit of power armour and various huge weapons at that speed indefinitely would probably put a decent haymaker from him at the equivalent of sticking your head in front of a cross-county express train.

>> No.603915

>>603906

Taking normal difficulty as a base, he can probably take twenty or so bullets with a full charge. It's not designed to guard against physical impacts, though, even though it still does that pretty well, its main purpose is to guard against radiation, electricity, and various forms of environmental hazard.
The vortigaunt energy blasts, which instantly kill nearly anything in Half-Life 2 (much less dangerous in Half-Life 1, but that can simply be assumed to be a case of not bothering to make different damage rules for player and NPC) do about 20 to 30 damage to you, if I remember correctly.

>> No.603924

>>593304
>afaik the Icon of Sin isn't Satan
Satan is behind him.

>> No.604050

iddqd idkfa
Your move, atheists.

>> No.604085

>>603915

Too bad he left the fucking helmet behind.

>> No.604112

>>604050

god
give all

Congrats, now it's a stalemate.

>> No.604175

>>604050
>godmode
>atheists
I see what you did there.

>> No.604191

>>596948
The Gauss actually splashes behind the first wall or pillar it hits.

>> No.604213

>>604085

Nah, he'd have to be wearing a helmet at least in Half-Life 1.
He goes to Xen, remember.

>> No.604245
File: 1.61 MB, 360x202, shroom at me bro.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>604112
>>604050

>doomguy's face when ent_fire !picker kill

>> No.604482

>>603898

I don't know man, I wouldn't want to mess with ANYONE who experimented on himself with a particle accelerator-thingy that should (in theory!) teleport him to the next room in a stormy night, completely calm and drinking a soda; Freeman shoves a cart with dangerous material as ordered by the real scientists from the safety of their observation room - he's basically a monkey in a HEV suit afraid of losing his new job.

>> No.604626

>>603924
Just because John Romero made Daikatana that doesn't make him Satan.

>> No.604636

>>604482

He's just an intern, man.
Doesn't mean he's stupid or lacks balls, he's the new guy, and that means he does the grunt work while he learns the ropes.

>> No.607432

>Doomguy lost to Master Chief on Deathbattle

Complete and utter absolute fan-pandering bullshit

Doomguy can run 55 miles an hour forever, in any direction. He can circle strafe the shit out of the Master Chief.

>But Matser Chef is a strategy ist
That only gets you so far.
Also, Doom specifically says you have to use your wits in situations. Things that portray Doomguy as just slow walking into danger and shooting without any plans are doing it wrong.
In Doom you have to make sure you have cover from bullet shooters, Archviles, go for more dangerous guys first, look out for traps, avoid certain areas, create monster infighting...
Doomguy isn't some brainless faggot like they make him out to be

>B-but that doom comic
Who gives a shit? It's some comic made by some faggot, and it's not the videogame

>B-but Meister queef can run fast too
Show me one fucking instance.
ONE FUCKING INSTANCE
Where master chief moves at over 10 miles per hour without the assistance of a vehicle in Halos 1, 2, or 3.

>B-but in Halo 4
Halo 4 wasn't out when the deathbattle was released; also, the previous trilogy takes precedence. In Halo 1 there's a cutscene where Master Chief is running for the longsword ship to escape. He isn't going that fast. There's also a scene in Halo 2 where he's trying to escape the Covenant ship blaster after he kills the Prophet of Regret. Still not going that fast.
Also, even if you include Gaylo 4, he can only sprint for a limited time, not that fast, and can't fire while he's sprinting, or sprint sideways or backwards.

>B-but in the novels
Once again, who gives a shit? The games take precedence, I don't care about any fan fiction. You can't take the absolute best from every piece of fiction written about the chief by someone who got paid and put it into a deathbattle, it's not correct.

>> No.607474

>>607432
It's really more about armor and weaponry.
Doomguy can't lay a finger of Master Chief if he's got the right armor, and godspheres only last so long. Master Chief's weapons can all do astronomically more damage to Doomguy
This is coming from someone who absolutely loves Doom and has only played CE for a few hours at the most.

>> No.607507

>>593094
Is this a joke? Here's a better one.
Doomguy vs. Serious Sam.

>> No.607513

>>607432
cont.

>But Chief has shields
So what? His shields don't get him very far. He can take like what, ONE rocket? Doomguy has a hundred of them, and can fire them all without reloading. If his plasma bolts are anywhere as powerful as the plasma bolts in Halo (and you have no grounds to say they aren't,) he can definitely do damage to the Chief, no problem.

>BUT DUDEGUY MIGHT NOT HAVE THOSE WEAPONS
Chief might not have his armor...?
Or weapons?

>BUT CHEEF HAS SPARTAN UPGRADES HIS BONES ARE UNBREAKABLE HE HAS FAST REFLEXES
Once again, book shit. Also, fast reflexes don't make you invincible.
Plenty of spartans have fallen in battle. THAT'S canon, in both the games AND books.

>> No.607523

>>607474
What? Sure he can!
Chief is vulnerable to weapon fire. You can die in the Halo games. From plasma guns OR bullet guns.
And Doomguy has both. Not to mention his BFG and rocket launchers.
>Master Chef's weapons do more damage
how do you know that.

>> No.607534

>>607513
>and you have no grounds to say they aren't
Doom 3 takes place in 2145, Halo takes place in 2552.

>>607523
He's not vulnerable to energy weapon fire, completely nulling the BFG
And I know that, because Doomguy isn't even completely armored.

>> No.607592

>>607534
>He's not vulnerable to energy weapon fire
Why not? Because doomguy can take hits from the weapon, Chief won't be hurt by them?

You see the marines in Halo take hits from plasma guns without dying, and those still hurt the chief.

>the time discrepancies
That doesn't prove anything. It's alien technology vs UAC tech. You can't just assume that because it takes place 400 years into the future, the alien plasma bolts must do more damage than the UAC ones. Maybe they do, but it can't be by that much. And the plasma gun's firing rate would probably compensate for it.

Hell if you compare how fast the plasma gun kills a shotgun guy or chaingun guy to how fast the plasma rifle kills a marine, you could say the Doom plasma gun does MORE damage per bolt.

And ruling out the plasma gun doesn't rule out the BFG. The BFG has the potential capacity to destroy the Spider Mastermind in ONE HIT. And he takes like 30 rockets or something to destroy.
How many rockets can Chief take?

Also, Doomguy has bullet weapons, and Chief has proven to be vulnerable to bullets.
>But they're future bullet weapons
Yeah, and based of the Halo games, they really aren't that much more advanced than today's bullet weapons. They OUGHT to be, since it's 400 + years into the future, but apparently they aren't.
(I love both games, by the way)