[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 15 KB, 256x224, 1551282962875.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5860390 No.5860390[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>make a comment bashing Sega
>nothing
>make a comment bashing Sony
>nothing
>make a comment bashing Nintendo
>"WTF MAN NINTENDOS THE BEST COMPANY EVER FUCK THOSE OTHER COMLANIES HOW DARE YOU CRITICISE MY CHILDHOOD NOW IM GOING TO COMPILE A LIST OF OBJECTIVELY (SUBJECTIVE) GOOD GAMES THATS RIGHT ALL 5 OF THEM THERE YOU'VE BEEN DESTROYED DON'T EVER TALK SHIT ABOUT MY PRECIOUS NINTENDO AGAIN!"

Why does this happen?

>> No.5860398

Nintendo fanboys are hypersensitive insecure manchildren.

>> No.5860403

>>5860390
t. seething Sega widow

>> No.5860429

>>5860398
fpbp

>> No.5860432

>>5860398
This. Is it actually news to anyone at this point? Just look at Zelda threads.

>> No.5860439

>>5860390
You know why. Nintendo has a cult of personality surrounding them. It's the reason nintenfags are the biggest shills and rabbit fanboys when it comes to whatever the latest console war shit is, it's why anything nintendo-related has a massive mark-up in price, it's why you always see "le ebin gamers" with tons of bullshit nintendo toys and merchandise surrounding their man-caves

>> No.5860440

I love nintendo games but nintendo fans are fucking faggots. Remember these faggots would rather play another SMW romhack than try a new game on a new console. They all talk shit about turbografx and genesis when they have clearly never played them and all their critique obviously comes from watching youtube instead of playing it themself.

>> No.5860441

>>5860432
I really wish they'd stop treating Zelda like it's the second coming of christ. The entire series is way too fucking overhyped. They're good games, they're competent games (mostly) but they act as though there's some "mystique" about them that puts them in a separate category above all other games in history.

>> No.5860457

>>5860390
Nintenfats know their consoles/games are shit and don't stand up to scrutiny, so this is all they have.

>> No.5860467

>>5860441
...there is a mystique in Zelda and Mario for that matter, and Metroid that doesn't exist in other games.. so....

>> No.5860468

yeah, because if you don't threat the saturn as the holy grail of video games or the genesis as the best 4th gen console, segafans will politely argue with you.

>> No.5860475

>>5860390
>>make a comment bashing Sega
>>nothing
>>make a comment bashing Sony
>>nothing
This is a lie, though.
I mean, sure, fanboys are annoying, but don't pretend like it's only nintendo fans, you are the problem as well.
Most of the shitposting on /v/, for example, comes from Sony fanboys.
Anyway, console warring is an attitude that should be shamed more often. It's as if someone goes around with an "I'm poor" sign on their front and back.

>> No.5860482

>>5860475
>Anyway, console warring is an attitude that should be shamed more often. It's as if someone goes around with an "I'm poor" sign on their front and back.
Mommy bought me a console for my birthday and I could never play another or it would be a betrayal of her love for me.

>> No.5860484

>>5860475
these console versus threads are boring as shit

>> No.5860486

>>5860482
This is sadly likely the main logic a lot of people follow.
Not only that, but possibly do retroactive brand loyalism due to memories with mom and dad (for example, "mom bought me a dreamcast/gamecube/ps2 for christmas, so I must like sega/nintendo/sony and defend them on /vr/, even if I never played their previous consoles").
It's just sad man. When you think it that way, console warriors stop being annoying and become more like pitiful.

>> No.5860493

>>5860475
>Anyway, console warring is an attitude that should be shamed more often. It's as if someone goes around with an "I'm poor" sign on their front and back.
I agree that is what we should do to these types. I owned the PS1 up to the PS4 and the SNES up to the Switch even the dreaded Game Gear. Today I also have a PC to replay Warcraft and StarCraft classics. I always laugh when anyone on Sony gets mad PC gets a port of a game that was supposed to be exclusive on THEIR platform. Or Nintoddlers that are upset because they think everything should be or should have been on their platform. PC is not perfect but my goodness does it keep the toddlers at bay.

>> No.5860494

I think nintendo fans are afraid to get attached to console manufacturers that ceased production. They dont want to even try sega because they dont want to fall in love and be heartbroken there won't be another sega console. They just make retarded fucking shallow criticisms like "style over substance" when the game being referred to isn't even stylistic so you know theyre full of shit.

>> No.5860496

>>5860493
>PC is not perfect but my goodness does it keep the toddlers at bay.
Minecraft and Fortinite would argue otherwise.

>> No.5860503

>>5860494
I think they are just loyalists for no reason other than "Nintendo is great because I grew up with it" I would be ashamed if I had that mindset because it would prevent me from trying the classics Sega had or seeing what games were like with the 32X or Amiga.
>>5860496
I argued that it keeps them at bay and it's far less worse, consoles nowadays are just filters that prevent cancer from spreading. I can still play older games and not hear them and there is not much warring going on the platforms. As for Fortnite that is everywhere. Minecraft that is everywhere it's on all platforms almost.

>> No.5860509

>>5860503
>I can still play older games and not hear them
You can actually do that with any games, just don't read stupid shit online "nigga close your eyes".
Anyway, yeah, I guess older PC stuff doesn't have a lot of zoomer fanboyism, although I'm sure there's a few hipsters around.
Sega is getting to the point where most of its retarded fanboys are actually old ass niggas, while Sony and Nintendo keep getting new retard fanboys from newer generations.
Gotta say though, as much as zoomers are annoying, home computer scenes have some serious autism too. Old guys who take platform wars seriously. Home computer forums, unless echochamber, usually are a shitfest that may be even worse than console warring.

>> No.5860513
File: 13 KB, 219x180, mona.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>make a thread for /v/
>put it on /vr/

>> No.5860547

>>5860509
>You can actually do that with any games, just don't read stupid shit online "nigga close your eyes".
I get you lol, its just cancer the way things are nowadays. It reminds me of how the site use to be vs what it is unironically. I mean yes there has been shitposting, yes there has been trolling, and there was console wars, but never on this level on taking it seriously.
>Anyway, yeah, I guess older PC stuff doesn't have a lot of zoomer fanboyism, although I'm sure there's a few hipsters around.
Sega is getting to the point where most of its retarded fanboys are actually old ass niggas, while Sony and Nintendo keep getting new retard fanboys from newer generations.
Gotta say though, as much as zoomers are annoying, home computer scenes have some serious autism too. Old guys who take platform wars seriously. Home computer forums, unless echochamber, usually are a shitfest that may be even worse than console warring.
What is funny is that i can understand platform wars with the older people when they have decent arguments and try to argue. But they do a better job of trying to argue on technicalities than the whole Zoomer fanboy crowd that thinks posting another angry Wojak [insert platform here] is the way to go. Like i said i still think it's closed minded to not enjoy other things but they at least have their reasons. Zoomers do not other than "i cant evolve and try new things even if it's good for me!"

>> No.5860597

>>5860390
what's this sprite from again? it looks so familiar but I can't quite recall.

>> No.5860608

>>5860597
treasure master

>> No.5860610

>>5860597
Treasure Master

>> No.5860619

>LET'S NOT TALK ABOUT RETRO GAMES, INSTEAD HOW ABOUT WE ARGUE OVER FANBASES?!
Go back to /v/, no one cares.

>> No.5860631

>>5860390
>implying any console warriors are different from the others
You're all just the detritus of humanity, really

>> No.5860641
File: 2 KB, 210x195, 1550802431879.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5860619
>>5860513
>doesn't like shitposting
>comes to 4chan
absolute geniuses.