[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 17 KB, 250x249, Final_Fantasy_VII_Box_Art.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
581986 No.581986 [Reply] [Original]

Okay, so, bare with me on this, okay?

I played the PC version of this game, back when it was still fairly new. I got all the way up to the North Crater, where Cloud freaks out, and Sephiroth gets freed, and the Weapons bust out of the earth to wreak havoc. Shit gets real. And then... It crashed. During the FMV where the weapons burst out, the game would freak out and crash, every time. I tried five separate times to get through it, which was hell, because it meant a lot of retreading from the last save point, and nothing worked.

So eventually, I said, "Fuck it," and downloaded a save game off the internet, because I at least wanted to see the ending. The save put me right at the end of the game, right before you go back into the crater to kill Jenova and Seph, missing everything that happened in between. There were no saves available at an earlier point at the time. I looked. And it's been too long and the game is just too massive for me to want to try to play through again.

So, all I want to know is... /vr/, what did I miss?

>> No.581996

A good but overrated jrpg

>> No.582004

Cloud hangs out in a wheel chair speaking gibberish and you are forced to use other party members for a couple hours. Oh and you have to fight the weapons a couple of times.

>> No.582012

You didn't miss anything.

>> No.582034

The party had to stop Shinra from firing a shitload of useful materia at meteor while Cloud was out of commission. He fell into the lifestream and became a vegetable.

Tifa eventually helped him put his memories back together and they figured out he never got into soldier, and instead was one of the low ranking mooks in the masks who accompanies Sephiroth to Nibelheim. He apologizes for being an idiot and raid Midgar again to make Shinra stop being fucking idiots.

Also, the Turks stopped bothering with you since they're bros and Rufus blew up.

>> No.582580
File: 130 KB, 1198x899, 1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

To cope with Aeris' death and honor her memory, I propose we tear these slopes up!

FUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKK YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>> No.582596

>>582580
IT WAS THEIR ONLY PLAUSIBLE METHOD OF TRANSPORTATION AT THE TIME!

;_;