[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 19 KB, 256x310, 2498234.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
581383 No.581383 [Reply] [Original]

Any love for pic related? Just started up a game, first time after hearing about it being great for years.

Anything I need to know for my first play-through?

>> No.581576

The first chapter is the best, every chapter is slightly worse than the previous one

>> No.581607

My favorite chapter is second chapter: Innocent Abandoned, followed by Chapter 6: the Mansion, which has my favorite music in the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGZKCmYMzuw

>> No.581615

>>581383
I believe it is the second chapter, but there's a part where you need to pick up a rock. There's like a little rock circle, but the only rock you can pick up is a little farther away from the rest. I told a friend about this before he started playing and he still missed it.

The story is really good even though the puzzles get progressively more mundane. It's the only game I can really think of where the story excuses the poor gameplay. It's sort of the way the story is presented that makes it good.

IN MY OPINION ANYWAY

>> No.581668

>>581576
And when I say first I mean second.

>> No.581760

The first two chapters are great then it becomes less and less good. The last chapter makes up for all the aztec time travel bullshit.

>> No.582638

One of my favorite games. But like they said previously, the second chapter is so good that the following chapters just can't keep up. Still, I recommend you to play till the end.

>> No.582736
File: 75 KB, 610x400, The-Phantom-Pain[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw this thread

>> No.585062
File: 53 KB, 640x480, sanitarium_02[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

really love this game. but it's like all the others have said. the first chapters are the best. That dosen't make the last chapters bad though well except for Aztec

>> No.587270

if design and arts weren't so bad I supose it wouldn't have fail to sell.

Fans say "it's because of censorship"... bullshit.
The game is ugly even for the time back then it was, especialy the cyclocentaur level...

it's a waste since the story is good.