[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 35 KB, 220x329, spidey.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5806365 No.5806365 [Reply] [Original]

Is this game worth playing? I'm looking for some 16 bit Spidey action.

>> No.5806369

I remember loving this and Arcade's Revenge, but all Spiderman games were kinda underwhelming, not to start a fanboy war but they don't hold a candle to Batman games.

>> No.5806371

This had a special edition on Sega CD that no one ever mentions.

>> No.5806380

Maximum Carnage is your best bet for 16 bit Spidey

>> No.5806402
File: 916 KB, 567x800, Amazing Spider-man.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5806371
>no one ever mentions
I still say it's the best Spider-Man game ever made and better than most Spider-Man movies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HlJrSeTxXQ

>> No.5807614

>>5806380
it's pretty fucking good

i wonder how they got away with stealing black sabbath?

>> No.5807617

>>5807614
I mean it was Green Jelly who composed the sountrack, so ultimately any potential plagiarism fell on them.

>> No.5808260

>>5806365
One of the best Spider-Man games of its generation.
Maximum Carnage is good but almost unplayable until you know the secret areas. Fairly monotonous but great final boss. Good beat em up, untouchable soundtrack, but that's about it.
Spider-Man vs Kingpin gets the Spider-Man part of it right though. The fact that you have to take photos to afford web fluid and taje the time to heal up at your apartment says as much. All of his powers and all of the villains are represented as they should be.
The only issue I have with it is that distinct early Genesis feel and style. There simply isn't enough animation and it also looks and feels just kinda clunky and stiff. The Sega CD version goes a long way in fixing this while adding 10/10 cutscenes, but it also complicates the experience with non linearity that wasn't really necessary. It looks and feels much better but loses the simplicity that worked in the Genesis game's favor.
If you like this style though and want a much more difficult experience, play X-Men on Genesis. Both are great games if you man you man get into them.