[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 9 KB, 275x183, download.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5786609 No.5786609 [Reply] [Original]

Can I get a quick consensus on which portable emulation computer is the best? PS Classic or SNES mini or Raspberry Pie?

>> No.5786612

>>5786609
PSC at $20 is the best value, SNES mini has the best controllers, rpi 4 is significantly faster than the others.

>> No.5786768
File: 172 KB, 998x868, why dont you own one.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>hacks installed by usb flash stick
>front usb ports
>hardware mod entirely optional and unnecessary
>hack adds rear otg support for usb3.0 flash sticks
>designed to be powered down safely
>controller feels like and is a mostly authentic ps1 controller, with the exceptions being an improved dpad and sony's low tier fake pcb plastic membrane
>case & all lettering are unbelievably precise & sharp (seriously, I never expected to see silk screening that thin without any bleeding and if not for a few spots it almost looks like the lid really would work)
>even poors can afford it
is there even a choice

>> No.5786780

The included emulator on the SNES classic is kind of shit. It works well for the included games but not if you want to play other ones. You can install another emulator on it, but at that point you might as well just get a decent under the tv box or a pi and install it on that. It would definitely have more procesing power for more accurate emulation.

I'd rather dip my balls in acid than play a Playstation D-pad game.

>> No.5786797

the PS1 has 16gb of memory but it is useless since the hack works only by a usb key

>> No.5786862

Pretty sure a RPi4-4GB beats the shit out of every classic mini console. Needs more time to set up though.

>> No.5786884

>>5786780
>I'd rather dip my balls in acid than play a Playstation D-pad game.
you must have really tiny baby hands to hate sony's dpad to that level. can't say I've ever had issue pulling off special moves with it. and it beats the piss out of that damned midget sized dpad nintendo stuck on the gamecube, that rendered resident evil unplayable.

>> No.5786887

>>5786609
Looks like the PS1 shit itself in that photo.

>> No.5786907

But a used ivy bridge pc with an an intel HD integrated graphics chipset. Micro ATX or laptop if you want it to be that small.

>> No.5786910

>>5786907
you lost me at intel graphics

>> No.5786915

>>5786887
it can't be helped... the poor thing saw just how awful shitty polygons look 30 years later

>> No.5786920

>>5786910
Well I use slim Dell Dimensions with low profile graphic cards but they're bigger than what OP means by "portable" and are undeniably more expensive including the video card but most retro emulation doesn't even use much video card power and even Intel integrated HD video chips paired with an ivy bridge will stomp everything OP listed including a Raspberry Pi 3. He forgot to throw in the "low power consumption" gotcha, though I think laptops are probably somewhat comparable in that department.