[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 15 KB, 259x194, re1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5779007 No.5779007 [Reply] [Original]

I never understood the appeal of this game.

It is way too hard with zombies fucking half of your HP up before you even kill them. Knifing them is almost impossible without getting hit.

I never had these problems with Silent Hill.

>> No.5779010

Use a guide, who cares

>> No.5779017

Just use potions

>> No.5779112

>>5779007
RESIDENT EVIL ISNT CALL OF DUTY... hey wait a minute...

>> No.5779114

>>5779007
Why would you knife them? There's fucking ammo everywhere if you look for it.
The only hard part is the hunters section.

>> No.5779165

Played the game through last year for the first time since I was a kid playing it for a few hours, though I had played the second quite a bit. It isn't too hard, you just have to be a bit selective about what enemies you decide to put down, mainly at the start. Try to evade the enemies you can evade, and learn to use the knife and then backing off again so you don't get bit

>> No.5779169

good lord don't use the knife, there's enough ammo to kill everything and then some

>> No.5779173

>>5779007
if you think this game is hard, quit video games. its probably one of the easiest games to clear with a knife

>> No.5779182
File: 15 KB, 215x361, Makes sense.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I still don't know who the guy on the cover of most copies of RE1 is supposed to be, or what the shit behind him is. The North American Saturn cover makes sense, it's just the first zombie. Looks cooler too.

>> No.5779198

>>5779007
If they made a game about Trump they'd have to call it "President Evil."

>> No.5779205

>>5779165
This, it is only hard in the begining. After that you receive enough ammo to clean the whole game, try dodging the zombies for a while.

>> No.5779224

>>5779205
Dodging zombies is easy if there's space. Zombies always walk towards you but will deviate in one direction for one or two seconds, enabling you to run past them. This enables you to skip the zombies in the east 2nd floor mansion corridor for example.

>> No.5779252

>>5779007
How do you even get hit by zombies? They stop being any sort of threat once you get the shotgun, and if you're Jill, you get it in the first 5 minutes.

>> No.5779284

>>5779007
you sound legitimately brain-damaged and I'm the most casual 'story mode' player around.

it's not hard, it's incredibly easy. there is even a super easy mode character called Jill. why the fuck are you using a knife? put it in item storage and never touch it again. are you trying to kill absolutely everything? how the fuck are zombies even getting near you? it's the easiest game in the series. 3 is hard because you can actually fuck yourself over with lack of ammo against nemesis especially at the church.
>I never had these problems with Silent Hill.
yeah no shit if you play those on easy it's like retard mode and you finish the game with 150+handgun rounds. 100+shotgun shells

>> No.5779301

>>5779284
I play all my games on 'normal' retard. Stop projecting.

>> No.5779307

>>5779198
If they made a game about Andy Serkis they’d have to call it Resident Smeagol

>> No.5779324

>>5779007
One of the few games I consent to using savestates for casual playthroughs.

>> No.5779327

>>5779007
1.It's supposed to be hard, that's the point
2.Zombies are clumsy and oblivious as fuck and are easy to avoid except in narrow hallways
3.Knifing is also easy, you just need to time tor strikes well

>> No.5779363

>>5779007
Fights in RE are an extension of the game's item managemen, not tests of skill and reflexes.

Some rules of thumb:

>the knife is for challenge runs only even if you are our of ammo, the knife just makes it easier for enemies to get you, because you stop and do useless chip damage from an inch away. Using the knife is like saying "ATTACK ME!!!!" Unless you know how to use it.
>you can often avoid enemies, rather than fight. Such as the 2-3 zombies in the U shaped hallway above the chemical storage room in the east wing. They won't bite, just vomit. So running past them saves ammo.
>there is more than enoug ammo in the game, but I break weapon usage down like this: in the mansion and guard house, I just use the handgun. Once I fight plant 42, I switch to the shotgun and use it as my primary weapon all the way up to the giant spider battle in the caves. After that, I switch to the bazooka (Jill only) or stick with the shotgun as Chris.
>I save the magnum for boss battles, exclusively.
>always carry at least one herb with you everywhere you go, until you get used to the game
>hunters can fuck you up, but the shotgun can actually be the best weapon, because it will knock them down, letting you escape. If you don't feel good about that, then just use the bazooka against them, and use the shotgun in the lab, instead.
>stop and think before you do anything, if you're unsure. Playing things by ear isn't for noobs.
>there are multiple paths to every destination in the mansion, and there is ammo hidden everywhere. If you run out, seek alternate routes, and look for ammo.
>once you learn all ammo locations, and have a more solid grasp on what you have at your disposal, the game gets easier, and more interesting. But that's on replays. Everyone sucks on their first run.

Good luck.

>> No.5779369

>>5779182
It was Richard Aiken, taken from a comic book cover.

>> No.5779423

>>5779363
Thanks. Well appreciated.

>> No.5779439

>>5779205
The only hard part is when hunters appear, and you're playing as Chris. Without Acid Rounds, they'll make you waste all the ammo for powerful guns (both due to bullet sponging AND because they keep jumping around in and out of the camera view, making you miss), not to mention their bullshit instadeath decapitation attack, which they use even when you're at full health, and they're too fast to run away from in most cases. In the original release, which didn't have autoaim, it was a nightmare. REmake nerfed hunters hard, they're only half as tough and only use instadeath attacks when you're at Caution or lower.

>> No.5779457

>look mom I posted it again
Funny trolling lmao

>> No.5779462

>>5779457
cringe

>> No.5779475

As many said, you're playing this game wrong. You're not supposed to try to kill everything.

>> No.5779481 [DELETED] 

>>5779462

DUH!!!! CRINGE!!!! DUH, BRINGE!!???!!1 CRINGE!!!!!

IS THAT ALL YOU SHITPOSTING FUCKS CAN SAY!!???

DUUUUH BASED BASED BASED CRINGE CRINGE BASED BASED CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE BASED CRINGE

I FEEL LIKE I'M IN A FUCKING ASYLUM FULL OF DEMENTIA-RIDDEN OLD PEOPLE THAT CAN DO NOTHING BUT REPEAT THE SAME FUCKING WORDS ON LOOP LIKE A FUCKING BROKEN RECORD!!!!!

CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE! CRINGE BASED BASED! ONIONS ONIONS SNOY! ONIONS EL-OH-EL ONIONS!! CRINGE!!!

BOOMER!! LE ZOOMER!!!! I AM BOOHMER!!!! NO ZOOM-ZOOM ZOOMIES!! ZOOMER GOING ZOOMIES MYYEEEAAA

I FUCKING HATE THE INTERNET SO GODDAMN MUCH

FUCK

YOU SHITPOSTING I HONEST TO GOD FUCKING HOPE YOUR MOTHER CHOKES ON YOUR OWN FECES IN HELL, YOU COCKSUCKERS

BUT OOOOOOOH I KNOW MY POST IS "CRINGE", ISN'T IT??

CRINGE CRINGE CRINGY CRINGE-BASED CRINGE BASED REDDIT CRINGE! BASED CRINGE ZOOM CRINGE ONIONS REDDIT BASED BASED

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>> No.5779490

>>5779481
Go to reddit if you hate this place so much faggot

>> No.5779513

>>5779481
I agree

>> No.5779518
File: 1.37 MB, 1698x1643, 1398126261254.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OP, keep trying. Survival Horror games if "hard" if you didn't grow up with them in your childhood for a lot of people. That being said, if you dislike it, don't play it. Though Resident Evil (and many games in the series) are some of my favorite video games of all time

>>5779182

It's a lot of things Anon

>> No.5779536

>>5779518
I always thought the man on the cover just became insane from too much surviving and shooting. He always looked crazy to me. I still like it though. He embodies mandness well.