[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 633 KB, 1164x1600, 2361658-nes_destinyofanemperor.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5661210 No.5661210 [Reply] [Original]

Just finished playing Destiny of an Emperor
As I understand it has or had a great modding scene
What are some recommended mods?

>> No.5661218

>game so bad they needed mega man stickers to sell it
Yeah, that's gonna be a yikes from me.

>> No.5661221

>>5661218
They were just trying to draw in the casuals

>> No.5661280

>>5661210
This is a surprisingly good rpg for the nes, with a number of unique mechanics - I wasn't even aware of any mods.

>> No.5661929

>>5661280
Yeah, it was great though I wish some of the mechanics had panned out more
In the end most of the recruitable generals aren't useful compared to just rolling with the Five(+) Tigers, after Jingzhou arc I only ever used Taishi Ci briefly between the end Wu and end of Wei when he still had more troops than most of the Tigers, but even he got set aside by the last stretch against Sima Yi's forces
Another thing was rations, I never once needed to buy any and had almost 600k by the end, I kinda wish it was more of an issue
Supposedly some of the mods expand on the mechanics a lot

>> No.5661989

>>5661929
Yeah, I remember a similar situation - dozens of characters but the only real decision I remember was around zhuge liang/jiang wei.
Trying to google for the mods and found this
http://www.lordyuanshu.com/forums/forum/destiny-of-an-emperor
looking into the 'lu bu' mod

>> No.5662186

someone should design a mod to add background graphics to the fights just make the bars a bit shorter and push the two sides closer to the middle then just have a vertical strip of trees/grasslands/mountains or whatever on each side. the battle screens are a lot of black to stare at and entire screen battle scenes would be too much. I think just some details on the sides would do a lot for the atmosphere which is already pretty good despite that.