[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 36 KB, 460x215, header.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5632608 No.5632608 [Reply] [Original]

What's up /vg/? Fa/tg/uy visiting.

I'm gonna be running a tabletop roleplaying game in a FF8 inspired world. Weird weapons, draw system, junctioning, and all. What are some core themes of ff8 for me to remember? Any ideas for cool plot hooks or world designs? I'm just all around looking to brainstorm with you guys here.

The characters are a dragoon, a fist wizard (zell), and a super good swordsman. They've just graduated from Garden, and are going out into the world to make a name for themselves as Mercs.

>> No.5632609
File: 151 KB, 402x800, 1559305327585.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>/vg/
Sorry guys, phoneposting ruined my intro

>> No.5633121

>>5632608
Whenever they cast a summon, you have to recreate it with your body and make all the sound effects for 2 minutes. That'll teach your players not to cast summons (or it will make them cast summons all the time).

>> No.5634101

>>5632608
Best i can think of is taking from the entire FF monster lineups for potential GFs and making sure that there are good enough circumstances to justify having potentially odd SeeD missions similar to how Squall ended up having to work for Rinoa. Just be creative, there's not alot else I can think of that someone else on /tg/ sounds like an interesting game though.