[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

2022-06-09: Search is working again.
2022-05-12: Ghost posting is now globally disabled. 2022: Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/vr/ - Retro Games


View post   
View page     

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 103 KB, 1080x1080, 52961919_175504406766601_3887567710609282910_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5582807 No.5582807 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

Guys, I just wanted to pass along an important message:
It's okay to own physical games. Emulation is fine, and good for you if that's how you like to game. Your crusade against physical games, however, is silly and needless. Let it go, bros, and game on.

>> No.5582817

>>5582807
You realize the animosity mainly comes from the physical collectors' "side" right?

>> No.5582821

I don't think anyone really has anything against physical media. Most of the hate against collectors mainly comes from the ones who just collect for the sake of collecting and drive up prices despite having no real intention to ever play the game.

>> No.5582827

>>5582807
>t. bought Everbound for $400 just to put in on the shelf

>> No.5582838

>>5582827
Bro what gets me more is the guitar decoration. You know this faggot can't even play a single ACDC riff.

>> No.5582849

>>5582821
Seems to me they never differentiate though - if you own more than 20 games then that instantly makes you collector autist scum.

>> No.5582853

>>5582807
Is this post what happens when your primary protein sources are tofu, edamame, miso, and tempeh?

>> No.5582867
File: 1.16 MB, 1543x1080, The_Patricians_Choice.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5582867

>>5582807
>Emulation is fine
But how can you impress the gals with emulation? You can't. Gotta have that shelf full brah. Fat stack of CiB games make them panties drop ;^)

>> No.5582880

>>5582867
>shelf likely full of repros that are flooding the market but go for original prices because no one checks

>> No.5582881

>>5582867
>show a girl my Complete In Crate unassembled Donkey Kong cabinet
>pants instantly disintegrate from hitting peak liquid retention

>> No.5582882

>>5582880
repros are obvious

>> No.5582894

>>5582807
But I need to constantly remind strangers that's not true otherwise I might stop being deluded and realize I'm a retarded poorfag

>>5582807
Sure it does kiddo

>>5582821
Physical media is terrible. Have you not read the fox and the grapes. Jesus.

>> No.5582907
File: 102 KB, 625x626, ACBF7E35-F719-4728-B2DC-96E517E67A2E.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5582907

>>5582807

>> No.5582939

>>5582807
It's double sided. You got the people who play authentic games and hate collectors for dragging up the price, and then there's collectors who hold the exact same kind of contempt for players

>> No.5582995

>>5582807
looking at this barely human creature makes me wonder if videogames were a mistake all along.

>> No.5583002

>>5582880
That's why I love buying used games with dirty labels and marker writing on them. You know it's not a repo when it looks ancient and has "AMY" written on the back in faded fuscia marker. Plus, they're pretty cheap since collectors don't want them.

>> No.5583012

>>5583002
I have a couple of what I consider the holy grail of those: the markings of a local, non-blockbuster video rental store.

>> No.5583017 [DELETED] 
File: 124 KB, 605x605, funny-english-translations-t-shirt-fail-asia-broken-engrish-44-5746c3687c43b__605.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5583017

>>5582867
Whether building a sick emubox
Or building up gaming store stocks
Flashcart romset filler
Mansion or basement dweller
A girl's only true love is for cocks

>> No.5583049

>>5582838
I have you know I own most of the guitar hero games in my collection thank you very much

>> No.5583106
File: 162 KB, 994x745, 64FFA3C3-75D2-436D-880E-CEF1B4A1306F.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5583106

>>5582807
bugmen face

>> No.5583113

>>5582894
>poor
Physical copies of retro video games are dirt cheap. It just doesn't make any sense to go through the trouble of buying them when they're already freely available with zero effort through the public internet.

>> No.5583118

>>5582821
This.
Who gives a shit how you play? Just actually play these fucking games instead of letting them collect dust on the shelves

>> No.5583165

>>5582807
fucking loser

>> No.5583182

>crusade against physical games
What does that mean? That people are deliberately not allowing themselves to own physical stuff?

>> No.5583187

>>5582838
Idunno, he looks like one of those hardcore kids who just play syncopated djent riffs on the low e (tuned to b flat of course) and spends more money on tone than getting good.

>> No.5583212 [DELETED] 

>>5583182
4chan is just chock full of losers who desperately want to feel better than someone so right now that's a common rationalization to talk down to some other Anon.

Anybody worth his salt both owns actual hardware AND emulates. Even a minimalist or a dirt poor Eastern European can own a Gameboy and even the biggest richest collector should still be play testing games through emulation before he makes buying decisions.

Anyone who makes arguments completely on one side or the other are obviously dipshits but the emulation ones are all over /vr/ right now.

>> No.5583314

>>5582807
I do both but when I buy physical I never go above the price of a new game today cause otherwise I'd have rocks for brains.

>> No.5583565

Is there a way to emulate physical roms like you can for CDs

>> No.5583586

>>5583106
Add the OP image to the collage I guess.

>> No.5583828 [DELETED] 

>>5583565
You mean like a flashcart?

>> No.5584258

>>5582827
No shit. What else are you gonna do with it retard?

>> No.5584305

>>5582821
>I don't think anyone really has anything against physical media.
I am indifferent toward physical media, but for fucks sake....at this point everyone should have an SD drive.

>> No.5584312

>>5583187
>Tfw there are 27 pedals in his signal chain fed to his line6 ss spider
>Tfw all knobs are turned to 12
>Tfw he's tuned to drop Z.5 on a Floyd rose
>Tfw that first note

>> No.5584560

>>5582821
huh? If you're spending shitloads of money on physical media, you sure as fuck don't want to play that shit. I'm sure any serious collector only uses flash carts or whatever the equivalent is for any system.

>> No.5584571

>>5583182
>crusade against physical games
>What does that mean? That people are deliberately not allowing themselves to own physical stuff?
It means an anon got upset about other anons asking him why he bothered to own physical copies when they've long since been made obsolete.

>> No.5584581

>>5582867
Easy

Smart girls that are tech oriented will appreciate that you know whats up. Also,theyll know you have the know how to grabthem ANY show or game theyd ever want. Strong power play to show off full romsets, neatly organized, original game cover art for each folder.

The kind of girl that gets moist over boxed DK Country is also the kind of girl that will have a 3,000 person instagram following for being a gamergirl that has 40 pokemon plushies.

>> No.5584585
File: 106 KB, 612x491, c7c.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5584585

The supply of ROMs is infinite, so why does anyone care what collectors do?

>> No.5584592

>>5584581
I hope you're being sarcastic. They already have borrowed logins for all the streaming services, so access to MKVs means nothing to them. It's not like they can notice a difference in audio quality after all the screaming as kids, and the video quality is good enough that normies don't notice or care.

>> No.5584598

>>5582838
Bro he can play wonderwall don't worry

>> No.5584605

Pretty sure a ton of people on this board buy physical games. There wouldn't be CRT threads full of people otherwise. Not like you're gonna bother going through the effort of plugging a PC into a CRT

>> No.5584606

>>5583113
>about those deluded people you were talking about

>> No.5584607

>>5582849
>if you own more than 20 games then that instantly makes you collector autist scum
It kind of does. Ideally everyone would keep just their personal favorites that they keep going back to. Sure everyone should play SMB at some point, but you don't have to keep a copy of SMB laying around if its not your cup of tea just because it's one of the top games for the NES. If everyone limited themselves just to their personal favorites that would free up a lot of games to go back into circulation and our used games market would be more like Japan's.

>> No.5584608

>>5584605
flash carts, dear

>> No.5584625

>>5584560
???
The carts play more reliably the more you play them
Electronics like to be used

>> No.5584628

>>5584592
No, im serious.

My wofe things im a fucking wizard because i showed her how to download movies onto a microsd and how to play them on her tablet.

Chicks are impressed by digital prowess, not fucking anlogue systems thatshow you arent ready to let go of the past.

>> No.5584629

>>5584625
>The carts play more reliably the more you play them
What? I mean don't get me wrong I still play the Genesis and SNES games I had when I was a kid but this seems kinda backwards

>> No.5584638

>>5584625
because collectors only collect carts?

>> No.5584654

>>5584560
I cant speak for others, but I have a few physical copies of rare games and I certainly don't let them collect dust, they get played for sure

>> No.5584686 [DELETED] 
File: 1.59 MB, 1920x1080, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5584686

>>5582867
>>Emulation is fine
But how can you impress the gals with emulation?
With a sick frontend

>> No.5584691
File: 1.59 MB, 1920x1080, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5584691

>>5582867
>But how can you impress the gals with emulation?
Like this. :)

>> No.5584712

>>5584606
>deluded
A Sega Genesis costs something like $50 now, with cartridges probably running from $5-$10 if they still have those bins of old games at GameStop (assuming GameStop is even in business still).
By what insane definition is that anything other than dirt cheap? I don't think it's even possible to be poor enough for that to count as expensive unless you're literally homeless and posting on /vr/ from your local public library.

>> No.5584724

>>5584712
>If they still have those bins of old games at GameStop
I fucking wish. GameStop doesn't sell anything pre-PS3/360 aside from Wii games if you're lucky unless you go on their website. Typically the shovelware goes for $5-10 a game, and the stuff that the market is flooded with like Sonic 2 will run you the same, but the games that are actually good and weren't as heavily mass produced will be a bit more expensive. Castlevania Bloodlines is like $80 or something last time I checked, with Streets of Rage 3 not much cheaper (although buying SoR2 for a third of the price is a much better idea)

>> No.5584740

>>5584724
Makes sense I guess. I still don't think most people who use ROMs are doing it to save money. If you already have all the games you want with zero effort sitting there on your computer you're not going to have much motivation to go out looking for physical copies of the same.
If you had told me when I was a kid that I could magically get all the video games from every system with zero effort and play them all on the same rig I can't even imagine how happy I would've been. It's kind of weird how everyone starts hating new innovations like that when they would've been absolute miracles had they been shown to you by a time traveler a couple decades prior. It's like once any idea becomes real everyone almost immediately takes it for granted.

>> No.5584759

>>5584740
That's true, there's something about playing the original games on their consoles on a CRT that makes the experience more enjoyable for me though. Maybe I'm just a hipster elitist, but I don't emulate very often

>> No.5584951

>>5584607
>one kid on the internet decides what's ideal
lol. no

>>5584712
Cool cherry picking bro. And damn cool humbleLARP. We both know you're just mad because your "collection" is an SD card.

>> No.5585470

>>5584951
>humbleLARP
What was humble or fake about any of that? I didn't even say anything about myself so I'll assume you're just doing some weird projection thing here.
>your "collection"
I don't collect or "collect" games. I do this thing called "playing" them. You should try it some time little buddy.

>> No.5586141

>>5585470
>"playing"
It's ok. You can drop the "quotes" and just say emulating

>> No.5586484

>>5583106
white people are pure cringe

>> No.5586525

>>5586484
still miles above blacks and browns

>> No.5586737

>>5586484
t. white person

>> No.5586747

>>5582821
>being mad at someone for doing what they want with their property

>> No.5586773

>>5584560
I have multiple copies of the games I like to play most what are you even talking about

>> No.5586801

>>5582849
If all gamers followed that rule, then no games would be rare or expensive, trouble is, there's a shitload of room to consume in the USA

>> No.5586817

>>5582807
>hello my fellow /vr/troopers!

Yeah you can tell by the pic that he is a hipsturd, go bakc to jank over metaljesuscock wife thumbnails asshat and sperg about a game you spend hundreds of bucks that you dont play and white knighting nintendo taking rom sites down.

>> No.5586819

>>5583106
>BASEDBOY WARCRY

>> No.5586820

>>5584585
until shittendo gets em

>> No.5586823 [DELETED] 

>>5586525
I always find the American perception of black people really strange.

Outside of America, blacks are usually pretty chill and likeable people. Even the uneducated African immigrants behave better than most other immigrants or American blacks.

There's something about American culture that turns black people into ape-like buffoons.

>> No.5586832 [DELETED] 

>>5586823
No, blacks are primates. American culture is just heightened, where everyone can see what a wealthy, comfortable life can be, and it makes the apes that much more jealous, and furious when they can't get it.

>> No.5586841

>>5586823
I remember seeing a video about black people who grew up in Japan and spoke Japanese as their only language.

It's was fucking unbelievable. The random black guy they interviewed on the street behaved nothing like your typical "African-American" nigger. He was super polite and intelligent, but not in an autistic Japanese way, and also quite funny.

It made me realize that culture is everything. Race means shit when it comes to personality or level of IQ. Gender does affect a lot of those things, though, no matter how much feminists try to deny it.

>> No.5586846 [SPOILER] 
File: 43 KB, 616x298, 1558210957325.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5586846

>>5586823
>Outside of America, blacks are usually pretty chill and likeable people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRuSS0iiFyo

>> No.5586851 [SPOILER] 
File: 988 KB, 1238x2513, 1558211108248.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5586851

>>5586823
>>5586846
Last one, I'm done.

>> No.5586852

>>5586832
European gypsies behave just like American niggers but ten times worse. Their entire "culture" is a psychopath-producing machine. Everybody hates them and dreads wandering into their shitty neighborhoods.

Trust me, it has nothing to do with race. American niggers just happen to have a shitty culture that makes them act like assholes and they pass it down to their children. But they have nothing on gypsies. Nothing. Fucking subhumans.

So stop complaining about niggers and be glad you don't have to live near gypsies.

>> No.5586876

>>5586852
You sound like a nigger in denial.

>> No.5586885

>>5586823
You never lived in a diverse neighborhood, I can tell...

>> No.5586892

>>5586820
Vimm's hasn't buckled under Nintendo's shit. The reality is, the ROM's will always be out there.

>> No.5586898

Guys /v/ is leaking again

>> No.5587217

So is Earthbound actually a good game?

>> No.5587239

Old people die when they're dead.

>> No.5587246

>>5586898

More like /pol/

>> No.5587254

>>5586892
Vimm is one of several of the lowest tiers. Most of the low level rom sites are not being hit because they hardly have people using them to download games.

Give it a few more waves and they will be gone.

>> No.5587280

>>5587217
Yes. Give it a try.

>> No.5587287

>>5582807
I want to hit him in the face.

>> No.5587312

>>5586823
In general, the average non-racist can't tell the difference between a black that's a threat and one that's not. If you look up the male-to-female sex ratio, do not go to areas with excess men than women. That's where you find real incels that don't have any actual choice in available women. If you import migrants from these regions, don't act surprised when Muhammad bin Rodger fucks your shit up.

>> No.5587318

>>5586841
Yeah, I was in the military for several years and almost if the black people I worked with were fine. If there's an overall unifying culture, most people will turn out OK, its just urban America that chews people up and spits them out. Judge Dredd was hardly satire.

>> No.5587460

>>5586823
I always find the ignorant redditors perceptions of things they know nothing about really strange.

Outside of your imagination populated with propaganda blacks are no more "chill and likeable" than any other people. The uneducated African behave behave like any other uneducated immigrants and flock together in ghettos to continue their 3rd world ways.

There's something about being an immigrant that suckles at the government teat while bringing crime and antisocial values to their host country that rubs any decent person of any country the wrong way.

>> No.5587480

>>5586846
>>5586851
>>5586525
>>5586737
>>5586484
>>5586841
>>5586876
>>5587312
>>5587460


MOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS!!!!

/POL/ SABOTEURS!!!!!!

>> No.5587513

>emulate a game
>beat it
>buy the physical version

At least I've proved my worth for owning the thing.

>> No.5587519

>>5587460
East Asian immigrants don't rape women and rob liquor stores at least. Probably why affirmative action discriminates against them.

>> No.5587546

>>5586823
Excellent /pol/ bait

They just can't stop themselves

>> No.5587558

>>5586823
This. The few black people I can see in my country seem like very chill dudes.

What's funny about Afro-Americans is how they have their own language of sorts. Black people from other countries speak that country's language just fine, i.e. "you can't tell they are black".

>> No.5587586

>>5587558
America has all sorts of interesting regional language variations. If you want to hear something really non-standard check out Appalachian English, it can be very difficult to understand.

>> No.5587723

>>5587558
What's cringe is white urban liberals trying to immitate ebonics by saying y'all, bruh, fâm, yaaas, etc

>> No.5587768

Black girls are so cute they may as well be human. There's nothing wrong with dating one.

>> No.5587805 [SPOILER] 
File: 57 KB, 750x937, 1558231887779.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5587805

>>5587768
I agree.

>> No.5587850

>>5587519
It's probably hard to rape women with a 2 inch dick. Plenty of East Asian Immigrants rob liquor stores. Poor stupid scumbags come in all colors.

>> No.5587854

>>5587805
See? They are basically human, so there's nothing degenerate about fucking one.

>> No.5587858

What about negrololis?

>> No.5587890

>>5587768
I was once FWB with a black girl who liked role playing a slave and had a prop whip. Good times, was funny as hell doing my most ridiculous South Carolina accent while hitting it from the back.

>> No.5588069

>>5587768
Lost my virginity to a black woman. No regrets.

>> No.5588089

>>5587890
You fucked up, son. The law says that any negroes who accept being slaves, even in roleplay or as a joke, automatically become slaves legally. You lost your chance to record it and use it as proof to get your own niggerina wife.

I'm not even kidding, look up the laws.

>> No.5588093

reggin

>> No.5588105

/v/fags trying to turn /vr/ into original hardware vs emulation just like their shitty console wars threads

>> No.5588107

>>5588105
It's been like this since years by now, anon. The good ol' /vr/ has died a long time ago.

>> No.5588114

>>5582807
How do i hide this cringe picture in op.

>> No.5588130

/vr/ should be about discussing old games.

Not about delusional, anti-preservation collectorfags talking shit about how emulators are "inaccurate" or "give you viruses" or how they "own" the games even though owning a fucking plastic cartridge is the opposite of actually owning the game and having it available forever as a file.

>> No.5588138

>>5588130
Cringe

>> No.5588143
File: 27 KB, 269x246, 1394902144446.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5588143

>I wonder what's happening on /vr/, It's been a while since I checked in on those folks
>/pol/ screeching about block people
>hardware vs emulators skub-fights
>threads full of people shitting on each other for little reason
>no-one enjoying old games
Fuck.

>> No.5588145
File: 1.07 MB, 1901x1226, EmuvsCol.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5588145

>> No.5588168

>>5588145
>Spouse is also enthusiastic about gaming
Stopped reading there. Women are incapable of being autistically enthusiastic or having an in-depth passion towards a hobby. They are biologically wired to only enjoy things at a surface level, and only things that have a social value to them. They never enjoy a hobby for its own sake, they always unconsciously search for a social value to it and choose their ""hobbies"" accordingly.

That bitch just has a passing interest in gaming because it allows her to get closer to her husband and share something with him. She wouldn't enjoy games for the fun of it without the social benefit like a male nerd does.

>> No.5588178

>>5588145
>emulation guy having kids at all
i'd take that part out and say that the collector has a large family plays all his games with

>> No.5588185

>>5588145
Collectors are fated to disappear and become emulatorfags. Old consoles are already rotting away as we speak and new consoles don't last 5 years without going bad.

>> No.5588191

>>5588185
>NES / Genesis ('85 / '89) still working fine today
>but any day now they'll kick the bucket

>> No.5588195

>>5588168
No need to be sexist, sweetie.

>> No.5588203

>>5588195
It's unironically the truth. Just think of any female you know and ask yourself if they are truly passionate and in-depth about their hobbies.

>> No.5588204

>>5588168
>Women, surface level.

Wrong.

>While both men and women responded favourably to an artist that was described as more established, the study also found that men tended to appreciate the painting based more on the artist's biography and brand. Women were found to take into account the actual artistic merit of the work.

>Women are more willing to go through a complicated process of actually evaluating the artwork, whereas men say ‘This guy’s a great artist, so I’ll buy his art.’”

>> No.5588208

>>5588191
It's impossible for any machine to last forever, even if you repair them a hundred times. There is a limited number of them in the world. They are not endless.

>> No.5588213

>>5588204
You completely missed the point.

>> No.5588227

>>5588213
No I didn't. You clearly said women are biologically incapable of enjoying "anything" beyond a surface level. If a study found that women appreciate art more for "its own sake" than men, then it stands to reason they can appreciate other endeavors for their "own sake." The real world isn't instagram.

>> No.5588254

>>5588130
>/vr/ should be about discussing emulation and I'm assmad only 90% of the board is devoted to that

>> No.5588259

>>5588168
Using the same logic, we can say men are truly incapable of deeply enjoying hobbies and quickly turn them into competitions of some kind. /mu/, for instance, seems to not genuinely enjoy music and spends the majority of the bandwidth trying to "out taste" one another. This attitude has been prevelant in the music enthusiast world even before the internet existed. On here, how you play the games is its own form of competition, rather than be emulation vs. hardware, 1cc vs credit feeding, etc.

>> No.5588265

>>5588204
>>5588227
>>5588259
How come girls are NEVER autistic enough to get into a hobby at more than a surface level? Even ugly girls with no friends are still boring, intellectually dull and have no real in-depth autistic hobbies.

The very few girls with actual interests and deep knowledge about their hobby were extremely autistic and had obvious mental issues.

How come girls are always either normie as fuck or mentally ill? There usually isn't a female version of the typical awkward but intellectually competent nerd with autistic hobbies.

>> No.5588268

>>5588265
It doesn't just happen with gaming. It's hard to find girls who have a burning passion about anything, while it's easy to find guys who get completely autistic with whatever the hell moves them.
My GF for example, plays some games with me. We are playing div: OS 2 in co-op a couple hours at a time, but of course, it's hard for her, she is learning slowly and can't play for more than 2-4 hours at a time. She does enjoy the game, and asks me to play it, but she doesn't experience the game like me or a bro would.
At the same time, she is having like a passion crisis. She likes a lot of stuff, but nothing really moves her in bursts of madness and passion.
She has invested a huge deal of time to try to understand what is happening to her and why all her friends, sister and basically all women she knows are the same as her, and why it seems to get worse as they grow older.
She thinks that girls have more passion when they are teens, but sex, attention and all that quickly drowns it. When they get older, the whole baby thing comes up, and women start getting more and more miserable the more they try to be like man.
She also has realized that very few females manage to transcend that and become what she is calling "true humans".

I find the whole thing fascinating. It's like they are hardwired to "enjoy" hobbies that have social value or help them attract men. It's never about simply enjoying the activity itself. There is always that social goal behind it all.

>> No.5588270

>>5588268
Females in general (not ALL of them, but the vast majority) are incapable of appreciating any art form at more than a surface level. They are also much more susceptible to becoming normies or getting brainwashed by the media. That's why you will never meet a girl with relatively high IQ who is autistically passionate about something.

I notice in general, women lack passion or hobbies of their own. For example, I love woodwork and it makes me happy and keeps me busy all by myself.

I observe that women cannot do anything alone and be content. Any activities they do, seem to involve other people. Or they will go from activity to activity, but they are never happy or satisfied in general.

Men can make themselves happy and it usually does not involve other people. But women can't seem to do that. Am I wrong ?

Of-couse there are exceptions. But most women I see around me behaves the way I mentioned above.

Most women who do have hobbies are doing it for some alterior motive. I've never met a woman who genuinely appreciates exercise or cooking for that matter. I feel like all the ones I see who like doing shit like yoga or mountain climbing are doing it to scoop up a dude, get out .

Ex girlfriend from high school was a softball pitcher....because of her dad who was maniacal in coaching her. Last I heard she got pregnant from one of her next door neighbors. Her dad must have been crushed.

I'm literally trying to rack my brain of all the female friends I have and if they have an actual hobby. They don't. It's rare if they're in a yoga club or running group. But I don't know any of them who actually love doing something that has zero social value to it. Maybe shopping is a very solitary thing.

>> No.5588272

>>5588270
They have the one passion, that condemns every hobby to a sparse existence.

This passion is to seek group approval and climb the social hierarchy. While man have sex, to just enjoy it, women have sex, to climb the social ladder. It's their expression of their sexuality.(Beside banging chad in obscurity)

According to Paul Watzlawicks "You can not not communicate."

I say "Women can not not take part in fight for social hierarchy". Imagine it as desire, that can never be satiated.

As a men I really appreciate the fact, that my sexual desires can be satiated for a few days, which gives me the clear head for pursuing hobbies, intellectual adventures or business. Women can rarely enjoy that silence from their sexual desires, because their sexuality is in large part a means of manipulation. The manipulation games, which are driven, by their sexuality never stop for them.

tl;dr Women can not be satiated in their sexual desires, which express in herd mentality and climbing the social ladder. So they just never have a clear head for hobbies.

It seems like for some reason many of the past hobbies that women usually did have fallen out of favor because of facebook/instagram whoring.

Previously, many women had hobbies like knitting, crochet, baking, sewing, needlepoint, and scrapbooking. Because many of these are viewed as things "housewives" did, all these strong independent "womyn" can do what is really fulfilling to them: Instagram whoring and spending men's money.

>> No.5588274

>>5588268
>It's never about simply enjoying the activity itself. There is always that social goal behind it all.
I think that really hits the nail on the head. It seems many women, like people (not just women) do, is let themselves get swept up in life and cultural expectations and that leads them to not feel strongly about anything in particular. You even see this with men telling other men to not worry what a woman believes when they meet her because she will change herself to stay with the man, as though a woman's positions are so dispassionately held held that they can throw them away that easily. Its simply easier to do most things such that you get the social boost from it, but not have to put that much more effort in. Men do this as well, but the difference always seems to be that most men have AT LEAST ONE thing they are passionate about beyond the surface level.
Perhaps the answer is that most women are simply deeply passionate about social activities, which they seem almost as a hobby within itself? Many women see "talking/interacting with friends" as something they really enjoy doing.
Its not something that is impossible, however. My own mother is an absolute beast when it comes to handiwork and craftsmanship. She knows her way around tools that many men I know have never even used. She is very passionate about doing work on her house and can and has done anything from hanging drywall to cutting and laying tile.
Like I said, I think many women just get swept up in socializing as something their expected to be good at, and don't focus too much on other things. Because that expectation isn't on men, men usually have a hobby they are passionate about.

>> No.5588290

>>5588268
She also has realized that very few females manage to transcend that and become what she is calling "true humans"

Lol.

>> No.5588301

>>5583106
i dont get this look, can someone explain?

>> No.5588306

It's not about gender.

Normies just have no real deep passions. Women just happen to be wired to have a herd mentality (this is undeniably true), so it's MUCH more likely for a woman to become a vapid normie with no real passions from a young age. In the case of men, there will always be a 5% that avoids that fate. But women will almost always turn into normies the first chance they get, even really intelligent ones.

It's not just their herd mentality, though. Society itself also makes it easier for women to not become outcasts, which makes it even more unlikely for a girl to be a passionate nerd.

>> No.5588312

>>5588301
Effeminate beta men growing half-assed beards in an attempt at looking slightly more manly.

>> No.5588347

>>5588270
>Females in general (not ALL of them, but the vast majority) are incapable of appreciating any art form at more than a surface level.
As said earlier in the thread, a study has proven this wrong. Now, in 4chin tradition, the study will be dismissed with some type of snarky greentext, but that's not a valid counterargument.

>Women are more willing to go through a complicated process of actually evaluating the artwork, whereas men say ‘This guy’s a great artist, so I’ll buy his art.’”

https://msutoday.msu.edu/news/2014/when-judging-art-men-and-women-stand-apart/?c

The above non-biological study also correlates with the neuroactivity of the respective genders when shown artwork (women seem to more thoroughly examine fine details):

"The researchers suggest that this is because women are contextualising the information and thinking more about the details of what they are seeing, assessing the position of objects according broad categories, such as "above" or "below", or "left" or "right".

The men, they say, are focusing on the overall image using a more precise form of mental mapping.

And they say the differences may have evolved millions of years ago when early humans became hunter gatherers.

Hunting, traditionally done by men, required a "co-ordinating" ability to track animals accurately while on the move. A "categorical" spatial awareness was better suited to foraging for fruit, roots or berries, a job mainly carried out by women.

Women tend to be more aware than men of objects around them, including those that seem irrelevant to the current task, whereas men out-perform women in navigation tasks," the scientists told PNAS."

>> No.5588353

>>5588265
Argument from experience fallacy. Just because you're failing to meet "interesting" women with in-depth hobbies doesn't mean such women don't exist (in fact, most people aren't "autistically" devoted to a hobby, men or women.)

And then if/when you do meet a woman who is passionate about a hobby, you handwave it away as posturing for the sake of social cred. How can they win?

>> No.5588375
File: 218 KB, 205x500, 1557963903102.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5588375

If I'm being honest I've stopped caring about the medium in which things are distributed on. The medium is inconsequential to the experience it's supposed to provide.

>>5588306
>Normies just have no real deep passions
I wouldn't say that. Almost every man I meet and have gotten to good terms with have revealed they have some weird autismo-esque hobby they enjoy at a more than beyond surface level. All the dumb as a rock retarded hicks I've met are autistically into guns and cars and most of the "jock" kids I met have a wide range of hobbies, ranging from unicycling to music to video games to anything at, again, a more then surface level.
I've probably known at most one or two girls (sisters) who actually into anything. Of course both anime and video game nerds but it was at a very basic level. Zelda and Naruto tier stuff. When I asked them about Evangelion they said they haven't even heard of it. Anyone else unironically just seems to have a hobby of watching TV, browsing facebook or other social media all goddamn day.

>>5588353
I don't think they don't exist I just don't think I've seen any examples. I just see women who describe themselves as into something have very base opinions and tastes. I sincerely doubt that any females there are many females that have the very minimal amount of autism required to browse and post on a board like /vr/.

>> No.5588415

>>5588375
>I just see women who describe themselves as into something have very base opinions and tastes.
How are "base opinions and taste" not a valid or in-depth engagement with a hobby? As I said before, we can easily criticize people who have obscure and beyond entry level tastes as doing so for the sake of social cred in an effort to be more knowledgeable than other hobbyists. My own argument from experience in this regard has confirmed that to be the case more often than not (e.g. "My taste is better than yours.") Maybe the girls you know don't go beyond the supposed entry level because it simply doesn't interest them and not necessarily because they're dilettantes.

I don't think men browse message boards such as this because of some minimal autism that motivates them to a deeper engagement with the hobby, but out of competition and seeking out argument. Every board from A to Z on this site is basically shitposting at one another's opinions, tastes, culture, methods etc, etc in a vain effort to feel "superior." How is that not just as shallow as a pretty girl throwing on a pair of Buddy Holly glasses and taking a selfie with a Nintendo Classic on Instagram? Point is, men feign "deep interest" out of a motivation other than simply intrinsic just as much women do.

>> No.5588462

>>5588353
I always, always end up finding out it was posturing all along.

I swear the ONE time I found a girl that was truly passionate about videogames and knew tons of obscure shit about the hobby... it turned out she was a transgender girl born male. I'm not even fucking kidding.

>> No.5588496

>>5588375
I think autism (at any level), which is required to be really fucking passionate about something to the point of becoming an expert on whatever subject in a matter of days, is more prevalent in males. When a female has it, it's always VERY noticeable, much deeper autism than your typical male sperg who posts on 4chan. They always have weird ass speech problems or some cognitive problem or both. Female autism is very rare but when it strikes it hits hard. It's rarely subtle or mild.

If you combine the natural female herd mentality, the fact that society makes their life easy mode (especially when it comes to social skills and interaction) and the fact that autism is really fucking rare in them, it's no wonder that the vast majority of females are complete normies EVEN when they are ugly, boring, dumb or all three at once. Even then, they have no trouble fitting in and certainly lack the capacity to go full autismo over something.

>> No.5588505
File: 807 KB, 388x470, 1556163740051.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5588505

>>5588415
>Every board from A to Z on this site is basically shitposting at one another's opinions, tastes, culture, methods etc, etc in a vain effort to feel "superior."
It may be because 4chan(nel) is a discussion board for discussing various topics, and a part of discussion is in fact arguing about opinion. If I wanted to see a bunch of same-ish opinions I'd go someplace like Reddit.
>How is that not just as shallow as a pretty girl throwing on a pair of Buddy Holly glasses and taking a selfie with a Nintendo Classic on Instagram?
Because to properly discuss something you need to have a lot more than the base amount of information as well as understanding of jargon and culture not forgetting internal referential material to compare. I don't think anyone genuinely takes part in a hobby just to argue about bullshit.
>Maybe the girls you know don't go beyond the supposed entry level because it simply doesn't interest them and not necessarily because they're dilettantes.
I mean we're arguing about supposed truths where anecdotal evidence is honestly the only evidence. I don't think there's any studies or scholarly articles about "actual interests" aside from miscellaneous psychology to pull from.
This thread is primarily assumptions on a topic not well researched.
>How are "base opinions and taste" not a valid or in-depth engagement with a hobby
Because it shows a lack of exploration outside of the popular cannon.

>>5588496
>autism (at any level)... is more prevalent in males
True.
I agree with the rest of your post, though I was mostly using "autism" as an alt for "genuine interest." But that may actually have something to do with it.

>> No.5588576

>>5588496
"Autism" is the natural form of humanity.
Change women into having a sense of self-preservation, and it will develop.

>> No.5588595

>>5582807
op's pic reminds me of this article:
https://thehardtimes.net/harddrive/huge-earthbound-fan-excited-play-first-time/

>> No.5588602

>>5588089
Fuck I would have loved a fuck slave. I wouldn't be cruel either, id pamper her and fuck the shit out of her. She was preppy and had a tight little body from tennis (if you want a clue to how white washed she was)

>> No.5588605

>>5588505
>It may be because 4chan(nel) is a discussion board for discussing various topics, and a part of discussion is in fact arguing about opinion.
"Arguing" as in presenting evidence and constructing arguments obviously is a part of discussion. "Arguing" as in "no fuck you I'm right your wrong stop being mad about how wrong you are" is not.

>If I wanted to see a bunch of same-ish opinions I'd go someplace like Reddit.
There are other options besides "circlejerk" and "screaming match".

>> No.5588615 [DELETED] 
File: 38 KB, 575x411, D6QA7CDWwAAttvq.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5588615

>>5588605
It sounds like you have a problem with 4chan and not with anything we're discussing in this thread.
Arguing is arguing. Quality of arguments is irrelevant.
In this thread alone there's paragraph upon paragraph of well written retort.

>> No.5588618
File: 38 KB, 575x411, D6QA7CDWwAAttvq.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5588618

>>5588605
It sounds like you have a problem with 4chan and not with anything we're discussing in this thread.
Arguing is arguing. Quality of arguments is irrelevant.
In this thread alone there's paragraph upon paragraph of well written retort but it seems to me you're ignoring that because it doesn't align with whatever views you may have.

>> No.5588623

>>5588254
Although he came off retarded, the general behavior of gaming forums is not to discuss games. Movie and music forums generally discuss movies and music.
They don't discuss whether or not watching a movie on a DVD player or the computer is the "true way the developers intended".
They acknowledge that a FLAC rip is more accurate to the way "the developers intended it" to sound like than an MP3, but no one gives a shit about making 300 threads about it.
They don't give a shit about showing off their wall of junk.
They don't discuss preservation or hoarding at any real levels.
They don't talk about whether or not buying shit is a "good investment" like they're some kind of /biz/ kiddie.
They don't talk about resellers or rare albums as if anyone actually cares.

>> No.5588648
File: 39 KB, 640x631, mmSMofRTctQcTO22Pu3ZpUR5iEvL9kHr2WakbHZuvdk.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5588648

>>5588623
That may be because games are way more dependent on the hardware they're running on than movies or music. There's some basic consistency between what's generally accepted as "the best" in music and movies but in games it seems to be way more subjective. There's no denying that a high bitrate high res movie is generally preferred over a low res low bitrate rip or release for movies, but for games the experience could vary wildly between different configs.

>> No.5588656

>>5588268
How many times are you going to post this same copypasta

>> No.5588790

>>5588623
It's almost like games aren't a movies or music?

>> No.5588792

>>5588462
>she was a transgender girl born male.

Fuck off trannyleaf

>> No.5588839
File: 43 KB, 400x350, StopLiking.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5588839

>>5588618
>Arguing is arguing. Quality of arguments is irrelevant.
This site descends into non-quality arguments more often than not. I don't have a "problem" with it, I'm just pointing out that men can be motivated by reasons other than authentic interest in a hobby much in the same women can be. When you see a Zoomer girl on Instagram posing with an NES Zelda cart and calling herself a nerd, probably a safe assumption she's doing it for some kind of attention. When I see a poster here or on some other site criticize someone for their taste and attempt to show off their knowledge, it's a pretty safe assumption they are also doing it for attention, in the form of either impressing neophytes or hoping to make another hobbyist feel inferior. Why would anyone care what someone else listens to, watches, and how they listen to and watch that content? No quality discussion can come out of "taste wars." Why should I care if someone likes an album I think is shitty and why should I waste my time trying to "prove" something as abstract as artistic quality to them (i.e. "Dude, you're such a pleb for liking that!"). "Well, maybe you'll enlighten them to liking 'better' music and movies!" Who the fuck made me the arbiter of good taste? I like what I like for subjective reasons, just like everyone else.

"Arguing" in this context is tenuous because of that subjectivity. There's really no point to it. What exactly is someone trying to achieve when they call someone a moron for liking this thing over that? Do they really think the person they're arguing with is going to stop enjoying things?

>> No.5588852

>>5588505
>Because it shows a lack of exploration outside of the popular cannon.
I disagree here. There's A LOT of video games that can be considered popular canon, and if the hobbyist in question legitimately enjoyed those games, appreciating them for "authentic" reasons, then I would consider their engagement "genuine." Only so many hours in the day and so many interests you can attend to. If they feel that time is better spent on the dozens of Zelda, Mario, Final Fantasy, Castlevania, Animal Crossing (girls always seem to like this one), etc games, games they feel more connected to over other titles, I don't see the issue. Why force yourself to enjoy something that isn't your cup of tea? I get what you're implying. "I know girls who won't even touch a video game unless it's a Nintendo franchise!" but there's a shitload of male gamers who are similar, who won't play anything outside of shooters or anything over 10-15 years old. Ultimate point is what you describe isn't a "female trait" but a human trait. Most people aren't hardcore about an interest, especially when you get to adulthood, when job, family, etc are the interests you have to be "hardcore" about over all else.

>> No.5588963
File: 64 KB, 768x614, 1541889432193.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5588963

>>5582807
No.

>> No.5589301
File: 397 KB, 587x420, 1549773795794.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5589301

>>5582807
How much for this pristine EARTHBOUND cart?

>> No.5589839
File: 216 KB, 173x261, 1553399066297.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5589839

>>5588839
>Why would anyone care what someone else listens to, watches, and how they listen to and watch that content?
There is no reason, honestly.
I personally view games as an art form, and with art comes criticism. Discussion leads to a higher understanding of whatever work you're discussing, whether it be technical stuff or cultural stuff. It may seem like retarded shitflinging but I feel that you're only looking at it at a surface level.
I don't think anyone is saying you can't have an opinion on stuff nor that your opinion matters more than someone else's, it's just good to have a second opinion on stuff. A way to escape the internal hugbox and to branch out.
To look at it in an objective way, what reason does someone have to not play a better game or listen to a better album. I feel that it's an inherent need to build an internal tier list of sorts of everything you like.
Again, I see your problem only residing in discussion. If you hate seeing other people's opinions then unironically why are on 4chan?

>>5588852
Let me rephrase then: It shows exploration outside of a reduced popular cannon.
I'm not saying that the trait is absent in men, but rather that every man on Earth has one thing they're autistic about. Of course I'm generalizing, there are probably girls out there that have their own flavor of autism about something, but sociology is just the study of generalizations, right?

>> No.5589890

>>5588138
>Cringe
Cringe

>> No.5589929

>>5588270
You are delusional if you think anything on 4chan consists of more than surface-level analysis or discussion of any topic. About 90% of the threads here are shiposts, and this whole thread has devolved into /pol/bait. I'm not sure men actually have hobbies. Maybe they try to pretend that they do, but everything I've seen here makes me think men spend their days limping along trying to convince themselves that they have "deep" appreciation for the media they mindlessly consume.

>> No.5590896

>>5589839
You're conflating discussion with argument. Most of the time the latter does devolve into retarded shitflinging with terms like retard, pleb, etc being stated more than actual points. I know being combative is part of board culture, but this mentality is older than 4chan (see the movie High Fidelity, for instance), where trying to "prove" you have superior taste (and thus superior intellect) because you've listened to a few more obscure bands or watched a couple more foreign films than the other guy. At this point, it's not about the hobby and more about trying to "win" a taste or knowledge competition.

My main point here, again, is to simply highlight that men have their own ways of shallowly engaging with their hobbies in pursuit of social cred (social cred in this case as defined as having the "best taste" or the most knowledge in the group/community).

>what reason does someone have to not play a better game or listen to a better album.

This is part of the problem, and illustrates how we have to frame everything as competition. Why does X thing have to be "better" than Y thing? It's not a zero sum game. You can enjoy both for their own unique characteristics rather than try and futilely quantify which is "better." An example would be the endless debate of Beach Boys vs. Beatles. Why does one have to be better than the other? Why can't they just be different (and their music is different) and equally enjoyed (or derided, if you don't like either artist)? The reason there is debate is because respective fans want to prove their band is better and thus prove themselves "superior" in some way. Again, I see that exercise as shallow and "inauthentic," if you will, engagement.

I love differing opinions and wouldn't have it any other way. It's also why I find trying to browbeat someone to "liking what you like" puzzling. Why would we want a world where everyone likes the same things and has the same opinions (with regard to hobbies)?

>> No.5590964
File: 108 KB, 576x768, 1549822182747.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5590964

This thread is shit and all of the computer chair sociologists in it are embarassing. Shut the fuck up, get off of /vr/, and go spend time with real people.

>> No.5591204

>>5589839
>I personally view games as an art form, and with art comes criticism. Discussion leads to a higher understanding of whatever work you're discussing, whether it be technical stuff or cultural stuff. It may seem like retarded shitflinging but I feel that you're only looking at it at a surface level.
I don't understand how you can claim the value discussion of a medium, but not distinguish between thoughtful and reasonable conversation and hysterical poo-flinging. They're not just two separate things, they're in direct conflict.

>A way to escape the internal hugbox
To put it another way: there's no meaningful difference between uncritical praise and uncritical disparagement. Both accomplish nothing.

>>
Delete posts
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action