[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 3 KB, 256x224, title.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
548058 No.548058 [Reply] [Original]

Haters gonna hate, but my favorite Mother game is still the first one. As long as it has the easy patch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYqDCPg7GPE

>> No.548069

What's the easy patch like? Are you actually allowed to kill endgame enemies without needing to resort to instant death PSI?

>> No.548075

I finished it without the easy patch. The easy patch does nothing but make you overpowered as fuck in the first half of the game

Only the beginning of the game is really unfair. Just don't be underpowered and you'll have a good time

>> No.548083
File: 18 KB, 640x400, Nesticle.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

That feel when I first played this with Nesticle after the rom was dumped

>> No.548084

>>548069
Endgame enemies are a lot more palatable.

>>548075
I'm a casual fag.

>> No.548104

>>548084
>casual fag
Then use the easy patch and nevert play any other NES JRPG

>> No.548583

>>548104
No it'd be better if he played no games in general
Fuck it when people want JRPGs to be so easy that it becomes nothing more than a visual novel

>> No.548720

>>548583
Shut the fuck up, /v/irgin. Fella can play his games however he damn well pleases.

>> No.548740

>>548069
It removed the shit grinding
I mean its really hard grinding, grind grind grind. Its a grinder sandwich.
but seriously, there are like 4 bosses at mt itoi, and 2 people die at mt itoi so its even more difficult
>>548083
hahaha I remeber dling it off of usenet and spamming WTF IT WONT WORK ON NESTICLE.

and I realized years later that nesticle meant NES TESTICLE

>> No.548784

>>548058
It truly is the worst JRPG I ever played.

My god, Earthbound and Mother are direct opposites on the enjoyment spectre.

>> No.551285

Cool, a Mother thread. I'm listening to the Mother Vocal Soundtrack right now.

Anyway, I kind of feel the same about Mother.
Mother is my favourite to replay because I can blast through it in a handful of sittings. It is easily the worst in terms of game design and the way the story is told (It's my favourite story in the series though. I've always wanted to write a Mother musical for the stage.) though.

Mother 3 is my least favourite to play. Although it's the best in terms of gameplay and has some fucking great art and sound design, the cramped world and it being overly focused on telling the story (which was unevenly paced to boot) instead of revealing the details of the story gradually really cheeses me off.

Earthbound is a good middle ground. There are some dull sections and it's way too time-intensive for me to replay often though.
The online fanbase can be pretty shitty as well but that's got no impact on how I enjoy the game.

Also, I was talking with some people the other day and the topic of the incredibly retarded Earthbound abortion theory came up.
>mfw they said that if I'd actually played the game they'd know the theory is true.
>mfw I know for a fact that not only is the abortion theory debunked in Earthbound (Nobody in that game ever said anything that be read as "Oh yeah, we have to go back in time because Gigyas is being born") but it is completely and utterly proven to be retarded due to the story of Mother 1.

>> No.551296

>>551285
*I'd know the theory is true.
Whoops, my bad.

>> No.551353

I love Mother, but anyone who plays with easymode is a fucking pleb. Where's the fun?

Mother 2 and 3 are both in my top 5. both are the only games that made me cry.