[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 144 KB, 220x311, Diablo_II_Coverart.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5350754 No.5350754 [Reply] [Original]

How do I beat Duriel? I'm level 24 Paladin and keep getting one shotted

>> No.5350780

>>5350754
What skills do you have? What gear are you using? How many points did you put in VIT?

>> No.5350790

>>5350754
Stack potions of Thawing (drink 6-7 at the same time and keep a few in your inventory, their effect stacks and they will remove chilling effects) and get high Block chance (run in and out of town until Drognan gets Bone Shield of Deflection, also hopefully you did put some in Dex). At level 24 you should already have Holy Shock or Concentration and Holy Shield, so you should be well-fortified on defense and offense. Shop for a better shield and maybe a better weapon - your best bet is likely to be a Flail with 2 sockets that you can put Tir - El runeword into, or some gems, or just anything with a damage prefix. Otherwise, keep a steady portion of health potions along with some Rejuvenation potions.
Is your mercenary equipped in any way? Merc with either aura (probably Defensive / Defiance for more avoidance) should be good. Make him a Savage Halberd (a staff + a kris + a belt + a diamond = really good 2-hander for the act 2 merc).

But the core things to have is the potions mentioned above and the shield with decent block, otherwise it's just a dueling slugfest for the Paladin if properly prepared.

>> No.5350834

>>5350754
you get someone to run it with you

>> No.5350921

>>5350780
I mostly put on aura, zeal and hammerdin

>> No.5350927

>>5350790
>Drognan gets Bone Shield of Deflection

Going two-handed is not a good idea? I'm currently using a claymore

>> No.5350968

>>5350754

Drink a bunch of thawing potions and feed them to your merc too. The cold res will save you.

>> No.5350971

>>5350754
>one shotted

what the heck? don't you have life and defense points at all?

go bother that alchemist and that mage for thawing potions and health ones too.

>> No.5350993

>>5350927
Two-handed melee paladin can work (and can be one of your best ways to go for a standard Fanaticism build if you find a good 2h weapon), but for Normal Duriel fight at least you really, really want a shield. You need defensive measures for this fight.

>> No.5351023

>>5350790
>>5350927
Don't use a shield at low level - block stun is more trouble than it's worth. Put points into holy fire and zeal, stack thawing potions and make a stealth if you don't already have one.

>> No.5351131

I remember as a wee lad playing as a Sorceress I just used fire walk and made him follow me around till he died. Took about an half an hour because I had no idea what I was doing but it work!

>> No.5351191

>>5350754
How do you get one shotted

My 10 year old self could do it why cant you.

>> No.5351249

>>5350754
see >>5351191

This is the part where you stop playing along with the game and just start doing exploits which you subconsciously avoid.

>> No.5351252

Can't you just open a TP in his lair and just beat him down with attrition or has it been patched to be unable to use the TP portal now in his lair?

>> No.5351469

>>5351023
He's a Paladin, the amount of frames he spends on blocking is already ridiculously small, and he doesn't even need the shield with Faster Block Rate with just a single token point in Holy Shield. That's 2 frame Blocking; well, well worth not getting chunked down instantly, particularly in this fight. Especially since it's much easier to deal with the Paladin's block rate than it is to endure the frames spent in Hit Recovery because it's much harder to get any decent Hit Recovery on early game gear.
>>5351252
You can TP in and out in every fight in the game outside of Ancients.

>> No.5353198

>>5350754
Munch like 10 thawing potions before you engage.
Then either
>Use thorns and just heal yourself until he dies
>Use blessed hammer and watch him die in 4 or 5 hits
>Use holy fire and just run in circles for a long while.
Paladin has it easy for bosses.
Just stop doing Zeal unless you have crazy good gear and runewords

>> No.5353295

It’s an RPG, grind and spam items.

>> No.5353298
File: 36 KB, 482x427, 1514168411861.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>diablo 2 is retro

>> No.5353503

>>5353298
How new are you?

>> No.5353661

just dont get hit bro

>> No.5354113
File: 7 KB, 1002x95, rip vnet.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

/vr/ diablo 2 private server fucking when?

>> No.5354706

So sad that they removed Duriel's charge attack. The freezing aura and charge combo was beautiful.
Speaking of charge, here's an easy fun pal build- max charge and all synergies and get a mana steal weapon. The knockback means you can charge everything to death while they're stun-locked. You don't have to worry too much about defence as you're constantly on the move. Only bosses can't be knocked back, in which case use hit and run tactics.

>> No.5355543

>median XL
>level 106 summoner barbarian
>ready to go take down Baal on Nightmare
>smooth sailing
>reach Baal
>wipes entire army, comes after me
>modify equipment to get more mana regen to keep army going
>he still manages to kill me quickly
>respec and get much stronger defensive gear
>sitting on 15,000 defense, 6,000 HP, maxxed out resistances
>summon army is stronger too thanks to better use of skill points
>still get toppled before I can get him to halfway
I can spam units ontop of him, but he'll just tear through 4-6 at a time while running at me, then kill me. What level should I be at to take on Baal on Nightmare? And is there anywhere I can grind that's faster than Baal's area? Seems like everywhere else gives me 50exp per kill, and I need 200,000+ per level right now.

>> No.5357132

>>5355543
>MedianXL
kys

>> No.5357393

>>5350754
Buy thawing potions like the second reply says.
He deals a lot of cold damage in his attacks thanks to the holy freeze aura.
Thawing potions give cold resist.

>> No.5357454

>>5353198
>Use blessed hammer and watch him die in 4 or 5 hits

I have level 6 blessed hammer and it doesn't seem to work am I doing something wrong?

>> No.5357638

>>5357454
Go smack some normal mobs with it, get used to it's rotation arc.
It's rotation starts from top left adjacent to your character and spirals out clockwise, so you'll want to get him above you.
Next, use Concentration aura. It will triple your hammer's damage.
If you're SP using PlugY just try a bunch of different builds until you kill him. I was sort of exxagerating the "4-5 hits" thing but it should make quick work of him.
Maybe check Drognan a few times and see if you can buy a +3 Blessed Hammer weapon

>> No.5357652

>>5357454
https://youtu.be/JFxJ38UsfYc?t=4042
Here's Duriel being killed at lv17 with a simple Zeal & Holy fire build.
Just make sure you have Cold resists and Thaw pots.
You can literally kill Duriel by just standing there with Thorns & "% to cast X when struck" gear if you wanted.

>> No.5357669

>>5350754
You can't beat duriel with a level 24 pally ? holy shit..........................

>> No.5357841

>>5357669
his skills are garbage against that boss

>> No.5358048

>>5357652
I actually just watched a pacifist pally run earlier today

>> No.5360478
File: 31 KB, 394x556, 1366628137735.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>every character I make fucking blazes straight to hell
>often getting to Hell as early as lv50
>one shotting everything
>get to Hell
>fucking immunes fuck me up every damn time
>so called "cheap" runewords and gear on guides is always incredibly rare unobtainable shit
>basically stuck playing only Summon Necro until I get runes to make an Infinity.
feels bad man

>> No.5361717

>>5360478
>so called "cheap" runewords and gear on guides is always incredibly rare unobtainable shit
Not really. What you need in Hell are:
>resistances
Ral+Ort+Tal is a free runeword on an easily found 3-socket shield. Shael+Eth is also very easily farmable and gives you resistance + Cannot Be Frozen. You can simply also stick perf. diamonds on a shield.
Nef+Lum on Chest is easily obtainable in Nightmare - also a good budget Mercenary armor especially on an ethereal base. Shael+Thul+Lem works too if you are lucky and obtain Lem from Hellforge or somewhere in a late act (I once popped a Mal rune from a random Nightmare Act 5 loose stone) is great.
>health
I mean, you can go glass cannon with some builds (Bowazon et al.) but anyone can slap Perfect Rubies in a helmet.
>damage
If you find absolutely nothing (no budget uniques like Bonesnap, Ribcracker, Steeldriver, Witchwild String, Titan's Revenge), you can still Craft elite Blood weapons (Nagas, Scourge etc.). You can even try vendoring - once in a blue moon a Hell vendor will come up with a +300% ED weapon. If you're a caster this is even easier - caster statsticks that give +3/+3 to desired skills take a while to roll, but still not that long.
That said, if you're hitting Hell at level 50, you're sliiightly underleveled even if you're a caster. A well-played caster can still do well on lower levels, but any character based on AR to hit enemies will hit a roadblock as enemies are much, much harder to hit if their monster level is higher than your character's level, and pretty much no amount of attack rating helps if that happens.

For comparison, a Hell Act 1 character that goes through the game "normally" should be technically around level 65. More if you've been going /players 8 the whole way through.
More levels help anyone as it gives you more points into stats and more points into skills that translate, most of the time, into more damage.

>> No.5361739

>>5360478
>>5361717
(cont.)
Mono-elemental builds generally struggle throughout Hell unless you're playing a build with an explicit purpose of avoiding areas infested with "your" Immunes (e.g. you don't run The Pit with a Blizzard Sorceress, just focus on running AT / Meph), you're in a party, or you have a backup attack. Anyone can reach a fairly reliable "backup" attack on a ladder character or a character in SP with ladder runewords enabled - any solid elite white Polearm (especially ethereal) can be socketed and given either Insight or Obedience for a massive damage boost and some useful stats. Use budget runewords mentioned earlier (from Smoke through Duress and Stone) and finish with any cheap socketed hat or a low-tier unique like Crown of Thieves (fairly common in Nightmare) and you've got a durable tank that can help you kill immunes.
Otherwise, just go dual-element. Lightning Zealots can slap people with Smite to stack up Crushing Blow or just switch to a high-damaging weapon on switch and rely on Zeal; Lightning Javazons can opt to sacrifice some of their raw lightning power to go for a hybrid with Strafe or FA; Sorceresses are dual-element goddesses with plenty of viable builds, mostly Fire/Cold mixes though; Caster druids have physical components on some of their spells; pretty much every melee build can pick up a backup attack (Vengeance, Berserk, Death Sentry, etc.) against physical immunes.

Anyway, bottom line, this game has been beaten with solo self-found rules and no backtracking on every area. You can genuinely turn a lot of characters into Patriarchs or Guardians in the time it would take you to farm up an Infinity.
Some good runewords that are not too hard to obtain through dilligent farming of Hell Countess (and are even obtainable if you get some of that Nightmare luck I mentioned earlier, particularly with Hellforge) include: Oath, Crescent Moon, Stone, Lawbringer, Obedience, Voice of Reason, Treachery.

>> No.5361759

>>5360478
>>5361717
(cont.)
Anyway, most of the guides on the internet are written from the perspective of someone who starts the ladder with an easy farming character (Cow Javazon, Blizzard Sorceress, Summoner Necro) and uses exclusively that to run certain areas where they can shine even with shit gear. They use that to generate wealth (Cows bring easy gems, runes and white items, Blizz sorc brings mid-high tier uniques from act bosses, and Necro Summoner can run any area in the game on budget items, so he's probably the earliest and safest character capable of MFing level 85 areas). Then later you build more wealth and more efficient runners through trading, and that's where your goldfind barbs and hammerdins start showing up. But you don't need those if you just want to beat Hell. Those are for extreme end-game where most mob packs become routine and not a managable challenge.
You don't even need godly gear to do the ultimate PvE end-game (Uber Tristram) as the builds that are built specifically to do it can do so with mostly Normal/Nightmare-tier items.
But you certainly don't need an Infinity to make a solid character. You can "buy" a formidable character for the price of a single Ist or just a couple of pgems, believe me; just need to tone your expectations. You can still be a god of war with budget items, you just won't kill as fast / survive as much / be able to take as many stupid risks / Teleport at will.
Good luck, ask specific questions in case there's something you are stuck on, I wish more people knew Hell doesn't have an entry level of fourteen Ist runes on anything but Necromancer.

>> No.5361891

Just because the game looks like shit doesn't excuse it for being posted on /vr/
>This board is for the discussion of classic, or "retro" games. Retro gaming means consoles, computer games, arcade games (including pinball) and any other forms of video games on platforms launched in 1999 and earlier
>1999 and earlier

>> No.5362041

>>5361891
>on platforms launched in 1999 and earlier
>runs on Win98
>uses 3DFX Glide API
>can run on a 233MHz Pentium MMX
I can run this just fine on /vr/ hardware. Stuff like Piers Solar is also allowable under those rules.

>> No.5362428

>>5361717
Thanks for the advice, but I was bitching about the streamers/youtubers/written guides that write shit about Enigma, HotO, Infinity and CoH being "cheap, basic, easily obtainable gear".

Your advice is fucking solid though,
I have a hammerdin, meteorb sorc, summonecro all 70~75, and just got my first Javazon to Hell at 55.

Should I just do 10,000 something Countess runs over the next few years and save up runes? I've done what feels like thousands of NM Meph runs and I have some decent stuff, but really disheartening going like 10 runs and only getting the 15th pic related in a row.
I've never had anything decent drop from NM Diablo or NM Baal and they take too long, so I dont waste my time with them.

I've been doing a little bit of Pit farming and I'm gunna try and get me Sorc to act 2 for Tunnels farming. Should I keep sticking with those?

Last, where's a good place to find a 4-socket shield?

>> No.5362430
File: 47 KB, 394x580, 1366628500556.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5362428
forgot pic

>> No.5362462

>>5362428
>I've done what feels like thousands of NM Meph runs and I have some decent stuff
You have multiple level 70 characters and they're still parked in Hell Act 1, from what I understand. Keep just progressing with the game and move on to Hell, you won't affixate yourself to just a single boss.
>Meteorb
Countess is actually sorta bad for her because of Fire/Cold immunes; you CAN static field it and let merc kill it but it still takes longer. Lightning Sorc does better here; just get the Meteorb to Act 3 hell (what does your gear look like? If you have ladder runewords, you should be looking at Spirit in a 4 os weapon, Rhyme shield, some +10% FCR rings, maybe a skiller or all res amulet, vendors sell Plated Belts of +60 life and more, etc.; with Moat Trick Hell Meph is trivial, just get enough FCR to teleport remotely fast).
Run Hell Andy as well, you should have her bugged drop (guaranteed first kill drop) and she drops good plus has low Fire resistance.
Act 2 Tunnels farming is good on a Cold sorc of any kind; also kill super uniques on the way there, my first SoJ dropped from Dark Elder in the desert outside.
>Summoner
He can honestly just keep progressing through the game, guy is self-sufficient if played properly. Get 1 point in each curse and learn their crowd control value (Dim Vision, Attract, etc.), you can get nice gear from just exploring Hell in high MF gear.
>Hammerdin
These are kinda unwieldy without teleport IMHO, but run high level areas. Without a source of teleport (can be from a Staff with charges, but expensive to maintain) you're better off just finding high density areas.
IMHO you're way, way too focused on farming. If you keep just going through Hell, you will find more challenges and keep discovering the limits of your character. The 4 characters you rolled are some of the easiest solo self-founders, so just keep progressing. Develop better instincts.

>> No.5362523

>>5362428
>4 socket shield
For non-paladins, the earliest (and least demanding) is a white Monarch. High level high density areas (Cows, Pits, AT) are generally a good source of plain white items. Socket it at Larzuk or in a cube (the latter won't always provide you with max number of sockets, though) if you don't get a perfect grey socketable. Keep in mind Monarch requires 156 Strength. Pallies have it way easier on Str requirements as the first shields that let you put Spirit on them have fewer requirements.
IMHO the things that are hindering you are
>you're probably not moving carefully enough
If you're overwhelmed by hordes then turn off running (running kills your Defense) and move slower so that you don't uncover too much of the screen edge at a time.
>not cubing it up enough
if you did as much farming as you had said you should have a fuckton of gems. Get those perfect gems; 3 Perf. Topaz head / 4 Perf. Topaz Gothic Plate are easily attainable and will bring you massive MF returns. Flawless works too. Get Rubies if you want more survivability. Look into crafting items in the Cube to brush up on weaker pieces of gear. Get cheap-ass runewords like Tal+Eth on Chest if you haven't already. You should be swimming in Nightmare-tier runes, so your merc should have an Insight. Cube up potions to make Rejuvenations and keep a stack of emergency Rejuvs for instant healing or mana.
>learn map layouts
Experienced eye can tell where the exit is depending on how the entrance looks like: http://nightfallx2.wixsite.com/d2speedruns/map-layouts
This will reduce MFing time. If you're in Single Player, generate a good map and keep rerunning.
>just keep playing
Again - you farm too much. Push the envelope a bit, Andariel is a very good boss to run on her own if you bug her drop. D2 Hell can be beaten without, or with very minimized, farming, so look into correcting gameplay errors first.

>> No.5362645

>>5355543
I sure do love inflated stats masquerading as difficulty

>> No.5362992
File: 81 KB, 791x595, 1397956684669.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5362462
>>5362523
Thanks. Again, great advice and a good chunk of it is a lot of help.
Yea I've been having fun just slowly but surely getting my Summonmancer through Hell. Just spent today with the really annoying act 2 (maggot lair, arcane sanctuary etc).
I've been using my hammerdin for the odd few Countess runs because he kills them super fast. You're right on the Running too fast, not moving carefully etc. The second I get caught by an archer pack on most of my characters I'm fucked if I'm not lucky, part of the reason I always default back to the Necro.

I run singleplayer PlugY so map layouts isnt a problem. I've got a small collection of runewords going, Leaf, a few Ancient's Pledge, a few Stealths, a Smoke, a Duress, some Insights.
I'm also swimming in Nightmare runs but I just need some luck in Hell and get my first High rune or two.

I have a full basic MF gearset, sits me at 180~320 MF depending on how much I put on. At the moment I'm just running through Hell on the Necro with as much MF as I can just hoping I get lucky on my way through.

Thanks for the encouragement.
I was getting frustrated because you see videos/streams of people blazing through 10,000 Lower Kurast runs in an hour or two and meanwhile I do like 10 Meph runs and I'm fucking over it. I was starting to get annoyed feeling like I wasn't grinding enough, instead of just playing the game and having fun.

>> No.5363291

>>5362992
>I was getting frustrated because you see videos/streams of people blazing through 10,000 Lower Kurast runs in an hour or two
That's with a character with maximized FCR, something you don't have; your teleports will be much slower, and FCR is actually a defensive stat in this case; high FCR characters pretty much never risk getting swarmed and overwhelmed by enemies like Bone Fetishes because they Teleport too fast to get stunlocked mid-cast.
10,000 LK runs is also really, really boring and although it's technically the fastest way to get some starting HRs, I'd honestly shoot myself.
I mostly transitioned to playing mid-power characters as I just don't enjoy the loothunt as much as watching my character grow fairly organically - I'm really happy to see my barbarians running around with Oath runewords and other affordable gear, but I'm very rarely actually aiming at ludicrous wealth.
It's more fun to me that way and endlessly doable, plus you get slightly different growth curves depending on what you find throughout.
Plus if you actually hit A5, you will have way more flexibility over which area to run. If you really insist on farming so much, you're really bottlenecking yourself with just level 70 characters and lack of access to Hell Meph. Just getting your Hell Hellforge done can get you something amazing, and you will also gain other benefits like the Lam Esen, the Scroll of Resistance, or a quick Eldritch/Shenk/Pindle run every so often.
Just running around the game can honestly bring you a lot of "incidental" wealth and it's more varied that way, plus it's always a nice surprise when something entirely unexpected happens during a mundane run (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z096Nt-Lik).). This content creator has a step-by-step walkthrough of an entirely self-found Amazon and Assassin you can check out if you want some examples of more solid play, especially since you confessed that your Amazon is in a bad spot in Hell.

>> No.5363358
File: 592 KB, 1362x993, big dumb bear.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Currently running a fireclaw werebear on normal hardcore and doing Act 2 myself.

>> No.5363368

>>5350754
>lvl24 at Hurr Durriel
lel.
I slaughtered Diablo at level 23, but Act5 was kinda hard.

>> No.5363534

>>5350790
>Make him a Savage Halberd (a staff + a kris + a belt + a diamond = really good 2-hander for the act 2 merc).

Does it have to be a white item or can I use magic items for the recipe?

>> No.5363545

>>5363534
each part of the recipe should work at any item quality

>> No.5363552

>>5363545
and would the outcome be about the same, or is there a difference if I use an Act 3 belt instead of an act 2 belt..etc.

It's been so long since I played.

>> No.5363564

>>5363552
>Diamond (any quality) + 1 Staff (any type and quality) + 1 Kris (any quality) + 1 Belt (any type and quality) = Savage Polearm Class Weapon
ivl = 50. The polearm will always have the Savage prefix (66-80% Enhanced Damage) and has a chance at getting a suffix as well. The polearm will be one of the following, selected randomly: Bardiche, Battle Scythe, Bill, Halberd, Lochaber Axe, Partizan, Poleaxe, Scythe, Voulge, War Scythe (put another way, any normal polearm or any exceptional polearm other than Bec-de-Corbin and Grim Scythe).
This does mean you can get an Exceptional weapon in Normal.

>> No.5363587

>>5363552
>>5363564
But yeah I basically misread your question as I'm a little dizzy but basically yeah the outcome is the same random one regardless of what you put into it.

>> No.5364148
File: 906 KB, 500x349, 1545928418936.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5363358
>that pic

>> No.5364563

>>5350754
>lv 24 paladin
>about 10 lv over what a normal person would need to beat the cold-slug
>does not know about zeal paladin with holy freeze using the swap trick to fire 05 shots of a bow from the distance

You people should stick to dirt eating as a hobby.

>> No.5364585

does the rerelease of this on blizzards website have achievements? whats the point of playing grindy bliz shit if u cant even get an achiever

>> No.5364610

>>5364563
>obvious newbie about the game must be a brainlet because he hasn't figured out an obscure glitch exploit that requires you to use a weapon decidedly not associated with Paladins and is probably way more cumbersome to execute than the regular tank'n'spank
>posits that 24 level paladin is "about 10 levels oer what a normal person would need" when Normal Duriel is a notorious inexperienced player roadblock even for overleveled characters and aside from how Holy Freeze requires level 18 to have in the first place
Get your head out of your ass.

>> No.5364791

Reminder to always use Malice on a boss if you have less than a 95% chance to hit. Every hit drains their defense semi-permanently by 100 (the defense is only replenished if you retreat). One hit on Duriel brings him down to a measly 12 defense. Another and his defense is zero, giving you a guaranteed 95% chance to hit at level 24 even if you have 0 attack rating.

>> No.5364817

>>5350754
This entire post is so insanely pathetic its insane.

>> No.5364842

>>5362462
I have been playing since I was 10, 1.0 D2 in 2000, several months every year, probably thousands upon thousands of MF runs of various bosses and areas, and have NOT ONCE had an SoJ drop. I have had the rare rings drops that are higher level. I have found Schaeffers, WindForce, GF, etc. NOT ONE SoJ

>> No.5364893

>>5350754
Get good lmao.

>> No.5365550

>>5364842
Same here, couldn't get a SoJ for the life of it. Ever.
Also I fucking hate how they're called "unique" items, when you can get them many times

>> No.5365705

Necro guy from earlier here.
Been ditching wand/shield combo for just full-timing Edge bow runeword lately. The extra lv15 Thorns on all the minions is speeding up kills a lot, just I occasionally die from the odd Frost Nova cuz my resistances are ass without shield.
Slowly getting used to quick-swapping to my shield before spamming Corpse Explosion.

Also for armor, Smoke or Treachery? I've been using Smoke but the -79% Curse duration from the Fade on Treachery looks really good.
Or should I gear-swap both? Like proc Fade and then switch to Smoke? or is it too much hassle?

>> No.5365759

>>5364585
This is bait right?

>> No.5365779

>>5350754
Just run, buy shitton of antidotes and shitton of town scrolls + shitton of potions. Refill your inventory with potions from time to time

>> No.5365817

>>5365705
>Been ditching wand/shield combo for just full-timing Edge bow runeword lately.
Put it on a Rogue mercenary and instead go back to using +skill weapon and potentially +skill shield (from the head). The act 2 mercenary on Normal doesn't really benefit your summons too much, you're better off getting that one in Nightmare.
>Or should I gear-swap both? Like proc Fade and then switch to Smoke? or is it too much hassle?
This is a valid way to go. You could just put Treachery on your mercenary as a full-time armor and only sometimes borrow it for Fade proc (which you can get by just standing in one of the random fires), considering that its stats don't give your Necro absolutely anything outside of the Fade proc whereas Treachery is always a solid merc armor.

>> No.5366204

>>5353298
Diablo 2 is almost 20 years old anon.

>> No.5366431

>>5365817
>rogue mercenary
>on a summonermancer
No. Do not do this. Anything but the act 2 mercenary is suicide. It kills things much faster than the other mercs, meaning faster corpse explosions, and it also gives by far the best bonuses to your minions.

>> No.5366441

>>5350754
So uhm..
what are you wearing, blacked knight?

>> No.5366601

>>5365817
I thought about it, but I'm using a Might Merc. My merc's also my hardest hitter.
>>5366431
This.

>> No.5366612

>>5366431
I repeat - I thought the Necro guy was playing on Normal still, in which case I'd take Rogue mercenary with Edge over an Act 2 Mercenary in a heartbeat as Normal auras aren't good for Skeletons. But if he already has the Might merc then that's a wholly different story, though on Nightmare I'd still much rather take a wand and shield over bow since Thorns are starting to be weaker and weaker.
And nothing is "suicide" with a Summonmancer considering it's the safest spec in the game by a wide margin and some rich Summoners run Rogue mercs with Faith bows fto give everyone Fanaticism instead.

>> No.5367779

>>5366612
Nah I'm already just hitting Act IV Hell, running through with minus resistances and +300 MF.
I die occasionally from being retarded, but I've been finding some good shit, finally got a Razortail today.

>> No.5368218
File: 392 KB, 800x600, Screenshot018.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5366431
>>5366612

The normal blessed aim merc is roughly just as effective as Might. The skeletons miss rather often.

In the end, a faith rogue is cool and stylish. But not as strong as might + infinity merc. Infinity takes care of the attack rating problem, makes CE stronger, adds CB, does this and that and everything, etc.

There's a theory that you could make a beast iron golem to get the fanat aura, though you lose your clay golem, so everyone will laugh at you.

>> No.5368584

>>5364842
I've had everything drop except for Tyrael's Might. Never seen one in-game ever.

>> No.5368795

>>5364610
Go fuck yourself you garbage shit sauce, If you ever talk to me ever again, I swear to god I will hack your computer just to steal photos of your mother's saggy tits and post them on Facebook, you asshole pussy. Don't even tthink to reply to this post, you piece of human trash, or else I wil bring your 4chan down with all that is has in it, you imbecile cocksucker.

Now be gone and defeated, spasmic austist

>> No.5369028

Reskill akara and go for blessed hammer+ conc aura ez kill

>> No.5369045

>>5362430
Funny thing is there arent any good set rings. Works better with amulet

>> No.5369101
File: 298 KB, 800x600, Screenshot015.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

wew, out of absolutely fucking nowhere, insane luck
think we /cresentmoon/ now boys

>> No.5369436

testing