[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 209 KB, 709x999, Rockman_Mega_World_MD_A.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
534331 No.534331 [Reply] [Original]

Let's talk about this Gem. There's so much bitching about Capcom, let's not forget there's dozens of megaman games to play allready. For those of you who don't know, this is a 16 bit remake of Megaman 1-3 for the Genesis/Mega Drive, with better graphics and proper saving. In Japan is was Rockman Megaworld, in the Us/Europe it was Megaman Wily Wars. In the US, it was only available as a download for the Sega Station, so the ROMs are buggy (most don't save). Just download the Japanese rom.
And you may ask, why replay Megaman 1-3 if you allready beat them. Well this game does something that should have been done a long time ago. If you beat all three games, you unlock Wily Tower, which gives you new stages and lets you choose any weapons from the other three games.

>> No.534342

>why replay Megaman 1-3 if you allready beat them.

I don't know 'cause they were so fun that I feel like going through them again?

>> No.535859

Honestly don't like these remakes. I don't like the art style or the genesis renditions of the music. And I haven't played it in a while, but I recall it feeling sluggish.

>> No.536180

>>534331

I was just playing this; is a very good choice in terms of challenge but somehow the NES ones gets in your head more easily.

>>534342
It fixed some things of the games; in Megaman 1 the robots are harder and their dificulty will make you use the weapon as a help instead of using them for end the fight fast, it's not difficulty but they resist a lot more, see Cutman. In 2 normal mode is the dificult one.

Like i said the original ones stick in the head more than this, they got something, the music in Willy Wars isn't bad but the old stuff is better.

>> No.536183

Wily Wars is awful. Just play the superior NES versions.

>> No.536531

>>535859
The English version is slower because it's a PAL game, so it's stuck at 50Hz