[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 198 KB, 1024x768, PSTcover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5243818 No.5243818 [Reply] [Original]

In terms of dialogue choices and writing, this IS the greateast cRPG of all time.

>> No.5243947

I got stuck on finding the portal to Ravel's maze because I didn't identify the stupid metal thing, and the gamefaqs guide wouldn't specifically tell me where I found the portal. Why would an important quest item have to be identifiable? What if I had no party members and was't mage, and had no identifying items? I have to waste time using identify then rest to go through my whole inventory now?

>> No.5244373

>>5243947
you get it from the godsmen receipt that you get through your legacy(will) from the advocate iannis

>> No.5244384
File: 107 KB, 300x300, traitor.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5243818
>this IS the greateast
only a fanboy faggot speaks in absolutes, I will do what I must...

>> No.5244865

damning with faint praise

>> No.5244887

>>5243818
a shame everything else in the game tries its hardest to not have people enjoying it.

>> No.5244891

>BG-style combat
hard pass

>> No.5244894

>>5243818
Ultima 7 beats it in both of those regards.

>> No.5244904

The writing isn't particularly good. It's highschool level shit.

>> No.5244919
File: 39 KB, 661x245, beamniggers.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Beamdog is a guilty of a number of different crimes. Here are the major ones.

1. The Enhanced Editions are essentially a collection of free mods that had existed for nearly twenty years. Beamdog gathered them all up, slapped "Enhanced Edition" on it and resold it as a new product. There's very very little in the Enhanced Editions that wasn't already out there, and most of it is stuff you don't want (like obnoxious character outlines).

2. The games didn't sell so well and the originals were still far outselling them, even twenty years after their release, so Beamdog had EVERY digital distributor stop selling the originals and ONLY sell the Enhanced Edition. If you want to buy a digital copy of the originals now, they're "bundled" into the Enhanced Edition. Now these scumbags can claim sales from people just wanting to buy the originals as their own.

3. The infamous 600+ bugs on launch. The game is still riddled with bugs (as even a perfunctory glance over their forums show) but the fact that it took nearly two years for them to get a game that had been working fine for 20 years to reach playability after launch is telling of their wild incompetence.

4. This is where we get to the ones that really piss people off. Beamdog couldn't just remaster the game, they had to fuck with the content too. New dialogue for existing NPCs like Jaheira, Viconia, Safana, Kivan, et cetera was written in to make the characters more progressive and leftist friendly. Beamdog shills will argue that "adding content isn't changing content XDDD" but it is when the new content changes the core personalities of the existing characters. This is in addition to adding a slew of their own LGBT (hitherto there were none in Baldur's Gate) NPCs, all flooded with OP attributes and magic items to encourage people to play them despite their cancer.

5. Siege of motherfucking Dragonspear.