[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 19 KB, 256x254, 38948234.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
523865 No.523865 [Reply] [Original]

Which Crash Bandicoot game is the best?

I played Warped when I was younger. Recently, I've gone back and played the first game. I beat it and am working my way through the sequel. I've seen a lot of people praise 2, but honestly, I think 1 had more variety. The controls are more refined but each level is just a variation of the previous warp room's levels.

There's a castle level, or a sewer level, or whatever, and they just change it around a bit. Occasionally they'll throw something random in but I felt like the first game had way more, and was also more difficult. There are a ton of checkpoints in the second game's levels.

Which one is your favorite? I look forward to playing Warped again.

>> No.523892

I enjoyed 1 because it seems significantly than the others. (The levels really do seem harder, and the fact that you can't die if you want a gem is way out.)

I had 2 when I was younger. I get where you're coming from with your opinions. It's not extremely special, but I still enjoyed it.

3 is really quite fun, what with all the abilities and such. Time trials to keep you busy. However there's a few too many gimmicky levels for my taste. (Airplane levels, jetski levels, etc)

>> No.523898

>>523892
enjoyed 1 because it seems significantly harder than the others*

>> No.523929

Oh yeah and don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying 2. I just expected a lot of different levels. Instead I get a redesigned river/jet-ski level, for example, similar to the last warp room

>> No.523940

>>523929
I think there's 2 of each level style. eg: 2 sewer levels, 2 forest levels

Although I think they push that envelope a bit.

>> No.523993

ok what is the best boss battle? n gin in warped was intense

>> No.524049

I had all 3 as a kid. I'd say 1 > 3 > 2

>> No.525394

1 or 2, I'm not sure. First for its difficulty, and the second because it was moderately hard, had neat graphics, and the most innovative secrets in the series. Warped was ridiculously easy, especially compared to the first game. The fact of it having "stunning visuals" and lots of funny death animations, didn't really help.

>>523993
N Gin was always intense. My favorite boss, i think.

>> No.526063

Tiny Tiger's talking head used to give me the creeps as a kid. I just watched some of the boss levels and I laughed because they look so dated.

>> No.526094

3 by far. Those alien levels were out of this world

>> No.526107

>>523993
Dingodile, obviously.

>> No.526136

fucking insane that Universal Interactive was making so much money off of this while other movies studio game division where fucking crashing and burning

I always though Crash belonged to Sony but they never did!!!

Second game is my favorite

>> No.527480

1 was great fun
2 was more of the same
3 delivered even more of the same but mixed things up more than 2 did.

3's my favourite Crash platformer to go back to, but I think CTR is still the best Crash game overall.

>> No.527509

2 definitely. Can't beat the awesome hoverboard and jetpack stages. All are great though. I got 2 with my PS1 one Christmas then we went back and got the first game and got Warped at release (I guess?). I'm considering buying them again just so I can have them on my Vita.

>> No.527551
File: 3 KB, 135x127, Dash_dingo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I prefer Dash Dingo

>> No.527630

2 > 3 > 1

1 was an okay game, but unpolished and kind of generic.
2 really tightened up the level design, gave the series more character and it was a way more polished experience.
3 was like 2 with some better levels, but too many mini-game side mission things.

I like how this applies to both the Crash AND the Spyro series perfectly.

>> No.527669
File: 26 KB, 640x480, digginitbonus.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I prefer Crash 2.
One of my ongoing projects at the movement is actually to reverse engineer the crash game files for modding purposes.