[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 668 KB, 1024x658, jFioOs9.jpg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5170385 No.5170385 [Reply] [Original]

"[Ocarina of Time] is coded in a certain way to handle its own disk expansions. Normally, if you code it in the way Nintendo made it for: It's just for dungeons. It's totally just for a Master Quest thing. However we're running custom code thanks to that so we can do a lot more." - LuigiBlood

So after all these years it seems that Ura really was nothing more than new dungeons. I can't help but be really disappointed.

>> No.5170421

>>5170385
I don't think so. he's assuming that's all the DD could load, based on scraps.
he seems to think that Ura couldn't add any new information and only rearrange preexisting data on the cartridge, which would beat the purpose of the DD.

no need to get technical even, Ura was supposed to be the DD's big break. there are interviews stating that, at the very least, they wanted to bring back the 3D market and make changes to the environment permanent.
Ura lacks any of that. and considering Mario Artist came out in December '99, I find it odd that the team was sitting on their asses, waiting for the demise of the DD, instead of working on assets.

>> No.5170424

>>5170421
*MQ lacks any of that.

>> No.5171315

If Ura/OoT/64DD allows for an alternate mode for expansions with their own code loaded (new code entrypoints), not just assets, then anything goes.