[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 31 KB, 418x364, blackthorne.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
513186 No.513186[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Hey /vr/

I'm playing Blackthorne for SNES. So far I like it. I like the combat, it's kind of puzzle-ish nature with the items like the levitators, the remote wasps blowing up computers, remembering to get the universal bridge keys else you'll be fucked later on, etc.

What are your thoughts on the game? Has anyone here played through the whole thing?

>> No.513193

>>513186

I haven't beaten it, but I like it. Prince of Persia with guns is a good game.

>> No.513216

Nah, I have it but I think the last time I played it was as a kid on those hotel room TVs that had built-in SNES games for rental.

Great game though from what I remember of it. I'd like to get around to it someday because I'm an enormous fan of Flashback, and they seem a lot alike as far as the controls/combat/puzzles go. But I'll probably play Abuse before I get around to it.

>> No.513237

>>513216

I've played Flashback, but I was always puzzled as to what do next without looking it up, so I shelfed it and started playing this one. I'll probably move on to Flashback after I beat this game, but this game is far easier at least for me.

>> No.513243

>>513186
I haven't beaten it but got 1/4 of the way through pretty good game overall gets fairly hard, i really should get around to playing it again

>> No.513263

Awesome, fantastic game. Quality Blizzard game, gets fucking hard though. Prepare for an ass-beating, if you really like it try the Lost Vikings.

>> No.513319

>>513263
You mean hard as in the puzzles become hard, or that the enemies become way stronger?

>> No.513434

>>513319

Not the same guy, but I'm pretty sure it's more the timing of things. If you're not getting hurt every screen, you can stockpile a shitload of healing potions and not have to worry too much about the enemies. The puzzles get a little trickier, but that just means you have to try different things or backtrack to find the right item you need.

Will say this...the last boss is a BITCH!

>> No.513654

>>513434

This in spades. It's not a tough game but it follows the 90s trope for action adeventure games. Just remember to scribble dem codes (or save states) and remember that back-tracking is essential.

Bonus: You got be to restart a new game. Bravo, as good as I remember.

>> No.513703

>>513186
>What are your thoughts on the game?
It's a good game.
Still got the cart lying around somewhere.

>Has anyone here played through the whole thing?
Yes. Both on SNES and the newer GBA re-release. Difficulty-wise, I'd say it's somewhere in between Flashback and Prince of Persia. I remember thinking it was hard when I played it on SNES as a kid, but replaying the GBA version a few years ago, I found it rather easy. Not sure if it was altered, or I just got better at games in general.

>> No.513992

Back in the day when Blizzard still made good games ....

I want to say I've beaten it, but I'm not that sure to be honest.

>> No.514012

>>513186

its a good game
I have beaten it
kinda like abes odyssey in a way
unique experience

>> No.514019

This game came, for me, right after I beat Flashback. That was so awesome. And to have a similar but unique and slightly more action oriented game right off the bat I was in heaven. Really enjoyed it though I never did beat it.

>> No.516881

>>513186

I have beaten it, OP.

It is definitely worth playing through. You picked the right version too.

I won't spoil anything specifically, but the pace and tactics needed for the last boss are very different to pretty much any enemy. He is a real bastard.

This really frustrated me at first, but glad I stuck with it. Took me probably 20 attempts to beat him, if not more.

>> No.516936

I wish there were more good games like this. The pacing and feel is just so different from most other platformers.

Code Name Viper for the NES and Hunter Hunted for PC are fairly similar to this game, and also very fun.