[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 24 KB, 220x220, The_Legend_of_Zelda_Oracle_of_Seasons_and_Oracle_of_Ages_Game_Cover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5121739 No.5121739 [Reply] [Original]

Just beat this for the first time. What a great fucking game. I always see this and Ages get so much shit on this board and I can't even begin to understand why. These two games may be, collectively, the best Zelda ever made. There's something for everyone. The dungeon order is linear, but outside of that, you have more freedom than any other game in the series. Focused, well-paced story and level design that simultaneously encourages you to explore and experiment. Huge world, fun items, lots of randomized elements, just an awesome game.

>> No.5121775

>>5121739
I personally didn't like it that much because
>"Stealth" and mini-game sections were a chore
>Never wanted to use rings more than necessary due to rng and how they're growm
>Too much backtracking before you get good ways to use shortcits
>2D platforming bits control poorly
>Constant screen transitions

Dungeon design was generally decent, story was simplistic but effective, and I liked the map plus worldbuilding but there's a lot of little issues that added up to make it pretty tedious to actually play. Some of the puzzles in Ages were also kinda bullshit when I was a kid and having replayed it since then I'm still not sure if they're well designed or not as I had the benefit of experience and remembered most of them fairly well.

Generally I think they get shit on too hard but I can see why they're contriversial. They were probably the most unique 2D Zeldas until ALBW dropped aside from 2 (which is also widely shit on) and their flaws are notable imo.

I'd love to see the Capcom crew get another crack at the series though.

>> No.5121789

>>5121739
>you have more freedom than any other game in the series
What the actual fuck? Have you ever actually played any other game in the series?

>> No.5121795

>>5121739
Link's Awakening was still better. The Oracle games suffer from the same problem all Zelda games since OoT have: too much unneeded filler and pointless shit.

>> No.5121805

>>5121795
But majoras mask is the GOAT.

On topic: it was a good game, better than its twin. However links awakening still outshines it by far.

>> No.5121812

>>5121805
>majoras mask is the GOAT
kek

>> No.5121835

>>5121795
what? oos is probably the most streamlined zelda game as far as pacing goes. you can literally just go from dungeon to dungeon up until the sixth one where you just need those easy-to-find pieces to open the gate

>> No.5121851

there is nothing gameplay-wise in link's awakening that oracle of seasons doesn't do better

>> No.5121864

>>5121739
My only problem with Seasons is some of the bosses being a bit annoying. Other than that I love it.

>> No.5121871
File: 120 KB, 882x1023, Crystal_Tower_Artwork.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm with you OP. I found Seasons to be a great zelda, that managed to pack the world design of Alttp with the innovations in combat/inventory of LA. It has the best of both worlds (however I prefer dungeons in Alttp).

I think you will see a lot of hate because they are not considered childhood-core for most people, which is the main requirement to enjoy a game in this board.

Never played Ages though, and I was thinking in giving a ride. But I don't really like complex dungeons, which I think ages is plagued with.

>> No.5121873
File: 54 KB, 259x294, OoX_Ricky.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

who /ricky/?

>> No.5121879

Most only shit on games within series wars since it's true that peeps think some are "worse" than the rest. Of course, it's rare within the series itself to actually think that the worst of these are deserving less than a 6/10.

>> No.5121980

>>5121873
usually am but happened to figure out how to get dimitri to stay on my latest playthrough. still don't know how to get the bear to stay

>> No.5122050
File: 8 KB, 226x310, latest.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

both seasons and ages having best impa is a plus too

>> No.5122148

>>5121739
>this and Ages get so much shit on this board and I can't even begin to understand why.
Because they're boring. I admit they're competently made game, but that doesn't change the fact that I lose interest in playing them after a couple of dungeons.

>> No.5122158

>>5121789
Have you? The Oracle games had a ton of non-linear elements and opportunity for varied player input. The dungeons could be beaten in different ways, there were random elements like the golden enemies and maple encounters, random rewards from trees, all of the rings you can use, many of the items/upgrades are entirely optional to obtain, dozens of optional secrets, the way you can effect the second quest through your actions in the firet, etc. None of the other games give you so many opportunities to make unique decisions and play the game how you want to play it.

>> No.5122192

>>5121775
This is a bunch of nitpicking nonsense honestly. Those mini games last a few minutes at most, backtracking is rare and you get the ability to warp within an hour or two, screen transitions have been around since Zelda 1 (and in fact the oracles have less of them aince the dungeon maps scroll), and you must really suck at video games if you think the platforming was at all annoying or difficult since it's literally as simple as "push forward and press button to jump over hole". These criticisms would be, at worst, minor annoyances in a mediocre game, but using them as legitimate reasons to write off a great game is just laughable. I wish most games had problems as severe as a 2 minute mini game I only had to play once.

>> No.5122267

>>5121873
Ricky 1-hit-kills everything tho

>> No.5122275

>>5122192
Goron dance is awful though

>> No.5122282

eople hate on sequels that are made in the same game engine
which I find are actually the best kind of games. always love them, every time

>> No.5122294

>>5122275
goron dance isn't in oos. there's an optional, really easy subrosian dance for the boomerang, if that's what you're thinking

>> No.5122306

>>5122192
>This is a bunch of nitpicking nonsense honestly.
Not at all.
>Those mini games last a few minutes at most,
They're a pain in the hole and there's several in each game. Not a single one of them is any fun.
>backtracking is rare
It isn't. Not unless you're using a guide or have replayed it several times so you know the correct route - you'll be doing a lot of looking around and walking through areas you've already seen otherwise, which is boring in a game with so little complexity to the map design/locomotion.
Particularly for the side stuff.
>and you get the ability to warp within an hour or two,
In my experience it was longer than that and still not totally sufficient.
>screen transitions have been around since Zelda 1 (and in fact the oracles have less of them aince the dungeon maps scroll),
They're a pain in every Zelda game and the frequently small map tiles (compared to 4th/5th gen console equivalents) for the overworld were a drag.
>and you must really suck at video games if you think the platforming was at all annoying or difficult since it's literally as simple as "push forward and press button to jump over hole".
I didn't say they were difficult. I said the controls are poor, which they are. Literally every 2D platformer I've played on the GB plays better than those sections do.

>These criticisms would be, at worst, minor annoyances in a mediocre game, but using them as legitimate reasons to write off a great game is just laughable.
Neither game is great though. At their absolute best they are decent, and they frequently don't reach that standard. They're flawed 6/10s with some annoyances in them.

>> No.5122324

>>5122306
not him but there's only two hide and seek sections in oos. outside of that, i have no idea what other minigames you're referring too. if you mean the dance, that's entirely optional. it's like saying ocarina is a bad game cause you don't like the fishing.
as for the backtracking, that's an issue in every zelda. and the game literally tells you where the next dungeon relatively is. you just have to have a bit of intuition. if that's bad to you, then you must hate exploration in any game. also, oos's map is really streamlined. it's pretty much impossible to get lost in even without any shortcuts

every single other thing you mentioned is an issue in link's awakening or one that had been mitigated since such as the scrolling. also the overworld not scrolling i think is actually good design since it turns each screen into it's own mini-location and makes where you are easier to remember based on them

>> No.5122340

The Oracle games have shit tier dungeon design compared to AlttP and LA

>> No.5122345

>>5122324
>not him but there's only two hide and seek sections in oos. outside of that, i have no idea what other minigames you're referring too. if you mean the dance, that's entirely optional.
Shit like the boxing or the random encounters with Maple crashing into you are also what I'm thinking of.
>as for the backtracking, that's an issue in every zelda.
True, but many of them compensate by making actually moving around fun and interesting in its own right. Or at the very least have a more interesting map to explore and cooler shit to find.
>if that's bad to you, then you must hate exploration in any game.
It's actually my favourite element of games. It's why I get so anal about ones that make it a chore or a bore.
>also, oos's map is really streamlined. it's pretty much impossible to get lost in even without any shortcuts
Getting lost is hard, yeah. Finding your way, on the other hand, takes a while - and even the shortcuts aren't great since you're essentially backtracking through them past a certain point, besides the tiniest of them like the logs.
>every single other thing you mentioned is an issue in link's awakening
Yes, and? LA ain't great either.
>or one that had been mitigated since such as the scrolling. also the overworld not scrolling i think is actually good design since it turns each screen into it's own mini-location and makes where you are easier to remember based on them
Gonba have to agree to disagree then. In a game built on exploration and travel I think a continuous overworld or at least relatively large zones is a must in order for it to feel cohesive and let me get immersed. Constant screen transitions or loading screens can have their impact mitigated but they're always an annoyance to me.

>> No.5122347

>>5122340
I'll give you OoS but OoA has bretty gud dungeons.

>> No.5122369

>>5121873
I had to restart from zero on my first playtrough because i couldn't control the bear. Ricky is easy mode.

>> No.5122373

>>5122306
>minigames
I repeat, non-issue. They last a few minutes at most. This is nitpicking to the max.
>backtracking
Dude, this game wasn't even slightly difficult to navigate as a 10 year old, let alone now. You are given obvious indications for where to go at all times, and you can even ask the maku tree for help if you forget.
>warping
Maybe it took you longer because you're apparently spending hours wandering around for no reason. Also, how is it not sufficient? You press a fucking button and it takes you to a region of the map. Jesus.
>screen transitions
I don't understand why map transitions are a "pain". Also, as the other anon said, this system allows for each area of the map to be uniquely identifiable. Again, the absolute definition of nitpicking.
>controls are poor
I'd love to hear a rationalization for this. The game is not a platformer, it's an adventure game that happens to include a few small and rare platforming-esque segments where you push a button to jump onto a moving block or over a hole. How you can even call such simplistic controls "poor" is beyond me. There's nothing poor about them, they're simple and rhey work. Get good.
>flawed 6/10s
Lmao if you seriously think these games are worthy of a fucking 6/10, you're a braindead potato. It honestly astonishes me that anyone could be retarded enough to say that. Shit, I hate the living fuck out of Majora's Mask and I'd still give it a solid 7 or 8 based purely on objective analysis of its quality. All of your criticisms are subjective trash and every single one of them traces back to you sucking at the game. I'm sure you'll take the time to defend these awful opinions but just know that by calling these games 6/10 you've already invalidated anything else you have to say.

>> No.5122383

>>5122345
>Shit like the boxing or the random encounters with Maple crashing into you are also what I'm thinking of.
both optional. the latter to the point where i don't even consider it a minigame. it's like saying whacking bushes for rupees occasionally is a minigame
>True, but many of them compensate by making actually moving around fun and interesting in its own right. Or at the very least have a more interesting map to explore and cooler shit to find.
>>flying around with the cape while burning enemies up with your slingshot isn't fun
>It's actually my favourite element of games.
i don't believe you. by all means, it sounds like you hate it
>Getting lost is hard, yeah. Finding your way, on the other hand, takes a while
no it doesn't. i played through it recently after a long while without a guide and didn't have problem getting anywhere. especially with how the game just tells you which direction to go in next. it signposts where to go without doing away with the explorative aspect. you still have to find your way there yourself. you know, that exploration thing you pretend to like
>Gonba have to agree to disagree then. In a game built on exploration and travel I think a continuous overworld or at least relatively large zones is a must in order for it to feel cohesive and let me get immersed. Constant screen transitions or loading screens can have their impact mitigated but they're always an annoyance to me.
this just makes me think you're upset that oos isn't an empty, bethesda waypoint-following simulator

>> No.5122398

>>5121739
ages/seasons are good but links awakening coming years before and basically being better made the oracle games not as popular

>> No.5122405

>>5122340
learning to spiderman your way from spinning magnet to spinning magnet in the 7th oos dungeon is literally the most exhilarating feeling i've got in a zelda dungeon though. it's the best kind of puzzle design where you almost feel like you're outsmarting the mechanics itself by solving it

>> No.5122428

>>5122373
>I repeat, non-issue. They last a few minutes at most. This is nitpicking to the max.
They're annoyances. They're not a non-issue just because you don't think they're big enough.
>Dude, this game wasn't even slightly difficult to navigate as a 10 year old, let alone now. You are given obvious indications for where to go at all times, and you can even ask the maku tree for help if you forget.
And? You're still stuck walking through a very plain and boring overworld with boring as shit means of getting around for a large portion of the game - and even then, the animal companions aren't exactly notably more fun to use and the shortcuts are still repetitive by the end.
I also never once claimed it was hard to navigate. Just tedious.
>Maybe it took you longer because you're apparently spending hours wandering around for no reason.
Nope.
>Also, how is it not sufficient?
Because it's still a boring fucking game ti navigate and having a limited warp system to skip between regions doesn't mean that isn't a flaw. You're like those retards who say Skyrm's fast travel make up for the shitty ways of getting around it or navigating on foot.
>I don't understand why map transitions are a "pain"
Read again then. I clearly outlined why.
>Also, as the other anon said, this system allows for each area of the map to be uniquely identifiable.
That can be done without tiny segmented map sections. Your defence of it hinges on them being necessary, and they aren't. Not even on the GB's hardware.
>Again, the absolute definition of nitpicking.
Not at all, but boy howdy you feel is compelled to keep trying to dismiss every criticism as that huh?

Part 1

>> No.5122432

>>5122158
>Have you?
Many many times

>The Oracle games had a ton of non-linear elements and opportunity for varied player input.
No..no they didn't. In fact, they're probably the single most linear experiences in all of top down 2D Zeldas outside of 4 Swords. There is literally nothing to do or find on the world map outside of places to plant seeds or rings over and over again, and whatever obstacle is blocking your progression to the next hubworld. The entire map is a series of hubworlds, part by part unlocked by a series of wand swipes at the correct point in time of story progression. It's the definition of extreme linearity.

>The dungeons could be beaten in different ways
I don't even know what this means, you can say this about any Zelda

>there were random elements like the golden enemies and maple encounters
There is the same structured "maple encounter" that happens at various points and a few special enemies on the map that are not random at all. And that's it, there is literally nothing else going on, with the odd rupee or seed here or there.

>random rewards from trees
Literally seeds or rings, right out of 3D Zelda's playbook of unrewarding exploration, games LttP and Zelda 1 have secrets on basically every screen of the world map.

>one of the other games give you so many opportunities to make unique decisions and play the game how you want to play it.
There are no unique decisions, you can't go anywhere you want or do anything but progress through the story from one hub world to the next. It's much more similar to Zelda 2 in this regard, although even Zelda 2's dungeons were far more complex and maze like, giving it some degree of exploration and decision making.

You're entire post tells me you have zero experience with the Zelda series because you're using things that the Oracle games do much worse, and much more linearly, than Zelda 1 and LttP, and using them to tell me why Oracle offers more freedom than those games.

>> No.5122434

>>5122428
>I'd love to hear a rationalization for this
They're boring fucking sections that break up the flow of dungeons with extremely simplistic platforming that offers no room for skilful play or anything else that makes platforming fun. You yourself admit it is barebones as fuck. A game should aim to do well whenever it dips into another genre or cut it entirely, as it stands they're just poor gimmick sections that are an annoyance at best.
>Shit, I hate the living fuck out of Majora's Mask and I'd still give it a solid 7 or 8
So you don't understand how scoring works, okay. The game is still 'flawed but decent' and 6/10 is reflective of that.
>All of your criticisms are subjective trash
Objectivity doesn't exist in media critique. No, not even 'common standards' are objective. Resorting to "b-b-but y-you're being subjective!" is a fucking terrible argument technique.
>And every single one of them traces back to you sucking at the game.
Yet more ad hominems to back up your poorly justified defence of the game. What a surprise.
>I'm sure you'll take the time to defend these awful opinions but just know that by calling these games 6/10 you've already invalidated anything else you have to say.
I'll try my best to sleep despite the heavy burden of knowing you of all posters think my arguments are invalid.

>> No.5122447

>>5122383
>both optional. the latter to the point where i don't even consider it a minigame. it's like saying whacking bushes for rupees occasionally is a minigame
The Maple encounters are not optional in a normal playthrough, at all. Fuck, you can literally force encounters early by simply meeting the requirements if you know what to do.
>flying around with the cape while burning enemies up with your slingshot isn't fun
If it actually gave you the feeling of true flight or the combat wasn't incredibly basic both those things would be very fun. As it is they're just very plain experiences in a quite unremarkable game.
>i don't believe you. by all means, it sounds like you hate it
Dunno what to tell you then mate.
>no it doesn't.
Yes, it does. The game has slow movement options for a large portion and only gradually unlocks shortcuts and warping spots. For how boring regular navigation is it takes enough time to get boring as you're running around essentially doing busywork to get to the few fun parts of the game.
>you still have to find your way there yourself. you know, that exploration thing you pretend to like
If the game was fun to navigate, had an interesting map that wasn't highly linear even by Zelda standards, had actually interesting or challenging secrets, or even just had fun combat then the exploration might be worthwhile. It isn't.
>this just makes me think you're upset that oos isn't an empty, bethesda waypoint-following simulator
And this just makes me think you have poor reading comprehension skills.

>> No.5122537

>>5122447
>The Maple encounters are not optional in a normal playthrough, at all. Fuck, you can literally force encounters early by simply meeting the requirements if you know what to do.
...and you can just move on to the next screen before she even comes down. it's optional.
>If it actually gave you the feeling of true flight or the combat wasn't incredibly basic both those things would be very fun. As it is they're just very plain experiences in a quite unremarkable game.
what? roc's cape is just a way to get around a little faster and maneuver over pits. it's not to simulate ~troo flight~ like some terrible modern game would attempt to do. it accentuates the combat, puzzles, and exploration. you know, that thing every item in a zelda game should do

part 1

>> No.5122539

>>5122447
>For how boring regular navigation is it takes enough time to get boring as you're running around essentially doing busywork to get to the few fun parts of the game.
what? you get the swift seeds before you even get the gale seeds you lied about taking forever to get earlier. and i thought oos was too linear? now it's about doing meandering busy work? it's like you're coming up with nitpicks on the spot just so you have a counter
>The game has slow movement options for a large portion and only gradually unlocks shortcuts and warping spots. For how boring regular navigation is it takes enough time to get boring as you're running around essentially doing busywork to get to the few fun parts of the game.
it's not linear. there's a part in the game where you need 4 different keys from different parts of the map to get to the sixth dungeon. but lemme guess, that's just ~mindless busywork~ right? you clearly love exploration. and the rings are inherently an interesting secret. that's literally what they are. and quite a few of them are a pretty elaborate challenge to get to. and they mostly do neat little things that change how the gameplay works a little bit. theyre great for replay value and are a big part to me of why oos is so easy to come back to. same goes for the seed trees. they give you a constant reason to return back to certain areas, and it's a great feeling when you forget about one you planted only to stumble upon a fully grown one. they're a much better novelty than just more rupees like in the 3d zeldas and are a much better way to spend rupees than just to buy more potions like in lttp (i do love lttp though. don't get me wrong)
>And this just makes me think you have poor reading comprehension skills.
you're literally crying about how the roc's cape isn't an ~immersive flight experience~ in this very post. you just seem mad oos doesn't have enough dull modern gimmicks to hold your attention

>> No.5122861
File: 386 KB, 533x745, ralph.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5122432
>No..no they didn't. In fact, they're probably the single most linear experiences in all of top down 2D Zeldas outside of 4 Swords.
Minish Cap is far more linear, and has the Kinstone fusion bullshit to boot. In terms of linearity Oracles are on par with Link's Awakening and many of the console titles.

Seasons is a bit more flexible than Ages since you can do a couple of the dungeons out of order and stuff like the ruins gate needs exploring. It's unfortunate but frankly exploration Zelda 1-style fell out of favor with the mainstream ever since, well, Zelda 1.

Aside from that Oracles have a lot of good points. Nice dungeon design, fun bosses, colorful characters (pic related is one of my favorites), lots of heart pieces and rings to collect. The game linking was executed really well too, much better than Pokemon. Still some weak points like Rolling Ridge (between the fetch quests and the dancing) but still worth playing and within top 10 on the GBC.

>> No.5122889

>>5121835
The only time you go straight to a dungeon is when you go to the very first one, and even that makes you jump through hoops to get a sword and Ember Seeds. Every dungeon afterwards adds more and more annoying shit.

With Link's Awakening, most of the dungeon paths are a straight shot with only one or two detours in between.

>> No.5122927 [DELETED] 

>>5122889
uhh i mean you have to go to subrosia to power up the seasons rod thing but like...that's a fundamental mechanic that opens up more of the world. i don't consider it filler unlike the marin cutscenes and the ghost etc. in link to the past

>> No.5122950

>>5122889
uhh i mean you have to go to subrosia to power up the seasons rod thing but like...that's a fundamental mechanic that opens up more of the world. i don't consider it filler unlike the marin cutscenes and the ghost etc. in link's awakening

>> No.5122987

>>5121739
Glad you enjoyed it :) I've got a lot of love for the Seasons/Ages games. Ive played through each thrice and twice respectively at different points in my life and I'm glad others are enjoying them too.

It breaks my heart when they get hate. To all you anons who enjoyed this treasure. ILY. (Minish cap was good too! I beat it once and then years later on 3ds as an ambassador I damn near 100%-ed it. Capcom makes good zeldas)

>> No.5123250

>>5122537
>...and you can just move on to the next screen before she even comes down. it's optional.
Weird. I could swear I remember that at least for the first one you're locked to the screen until she hits. My mistake then.
>what? roc's cape is just a way to get around a little faster and maneuver over pits. it's not to simulate ~troo flight~
Exactly my point. "Flying around with it" isn't at all fun because it's a very simple and limited traversal tool that is nothing like true flight.
<like some terrible modern game would attempt to do.
Fucking what?
>it accentuates the combat, puzzles, and exploration. you know, that thing every item in a zelda game should do
It does it poorly. Like most items in OoS.
>what? you get the swift seeds before you even get the gale seeds
I don't see how that's relevant.
>you lied about taking forever to get earlier.
lmao
>and i thought oos was too linear?
Yes.
>now it's about doing meandering busy work?
I wouldn't say "about" but it certainly is largely that outside the dungeons and the other few parts it does okay. And having an abundance of meandering busywork in no way conflicts with it being extremely linear.

Part 1

>> No.5123251

>>5123250
>it's like you're coming up with nitpicks on the spot just so you have a counter
Not at all, you're simply dragging more out of me by saying more stuff I disagree with.
>it's not linear. there's a part in the game where you need 4 different keys from different parts of the map to get to the sixth dungeon.
Interesting how your defence of its linearity is to point out there's one truly non-linear portion.
>but lemme guess, that's just ~mindless busywork~ right?
No.
>you clearly love exploration.
Yup.
>and the rings are inherently an interesting secret. that's literally what they are. and quite a few of them are a pretty elaborate challenge to get to.
Not really? There's a couple that are a tad interesting to earn but the rings themselves are still rubbish as a reward so it's not much of a plus.
>and they mostly do neat little things that change how the gameplay works a little bit. theyre great for replay value
Their effects are not nearly as interesting as you make them out to be. The vast majority are extremely basic attack or defence buffs and the few that offer any useful or unique effect are extremely situational so they just lead to tedious menu management to put them on and take them off so you can swim faster/keep diving/etc.. There's maybe three rings you can use for challenge runs but then you still need to swap them around constantly if you want to use the system itself.
>same goes for the seed trees. they give you a constant reason to return back to certain areas,
More backtracking is the opposite of what the game needs.
>and it's a great feeling when you forget about one you planted only to stumble upon a fully grown one.
I wouldn't say great but yeah it is neat.
>they're a much better novelty than just more rupees like in the 3d zeldas and are a much better way to spend rupees than just to buy more potions like in lttp (i do love lttp though. don't get me wrong)
Gonna just have to agree to disagree again.

>> No.5123356

>the linearity is always 100% a bad thing meme

Anyway, I don’t remember which one I had, I think Ages. I liked the game, if I had any complaint it was that something about the lore elements wasn’t very memorable. I don’t know if it was the story, characters, anything in particular, but it felt very empty. With that said, just based on my vague memory of the gameplay, I’d play it again.

>> No.5123371
File: 98 KB, 1280x720, p̳̪ͦͩ̊ͣ͒̍͠R͖͍͚ͨͣ̉̿͛͑̍̕a̶̪̾ͬ͞I̷̡̛̫̹̙̱̽̄̄ͮ̈͊S͖̘ͯ͌ͨ̎͊͂ͭ͢ͅẽ̷̦̘̥̤̬̳̋͟ ̯͖̣̙̆̃ͯ́͐ͫͦͧ͟h̫̰̮̘̟̯̜̓̑̃ͣi̺̼̙͚̰̒̓̈́ͭ̓͟M̶̡̟͌̒̊ͪ̀̄.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5121739
I've been sitting on a faulty Oracle cartridge for over a years and finally decided today was the day I'd suck up muh pride & go ask /vr/ for help.
And this is top of the catalog.
wew lad.

>> No.5125642

The question is, was better than Seasons?

>> No.5125756

>>5122192
>backtracking is rare
Map is really small, and changing ages do not increase map size anon. Getting more gear do not speed up overworld travel either, making it VERY backtrack heavy-
If you want them seeds, items, or minigames you have to backtrack. If you play in multiple sessions you need to backtrack.

What is great about OoA is that its a game with extremely puzzle heavy dungeons.
What isn't great is that its very very heavy on story triggers, since you spend A LOT of time in the capital for story events.

>>5123356
OoA has many "episodes" of the plot, its mostly one or two story triggers to advance. Meaning they are never long, and nothing complex happens.
Its neat, and somewhat mimicks what OoT was doing, but in too small a scale to do anything with it.

>> No.5125905

Because its not a good game like Ocarina of Time

>> No.5125917

>>5125756
he wasn't talking about ages

>> No.5125949

>>5122861
>lots of heart pieces
there are only 12 though, and most of them are easy to get