[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 33 KB, 768x684, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5064805 No.5064805 [Reply] [Original]

What are some good romhacks you recommend? Either full new games or improvements for existing ones.

Pic related, Castlevania: The Holy Relics, a good Castlevania fangame.

>> No.5064992

>>5064805
100 rooms of enemies.

>> No.5065007

>>5064805
Why is there a boat in the middle of the forest

>> No.5065618
File: 27 KB, 256x224, Maridia2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5064805

If you like Super Metroid, i suggest Hyper Metroid. It's the only full blown hack of Super i've played that made the entire experience feel brand new in layout, progression, and visual style while also keeping the difficulty curve pretty much right where it was in the original (In truth, it's a little bit harder, but not by very much. The bosses have new A.I. and are faster, but i was able to handle them just fine when prepared). It can be completed with a base understanding of how the game plays too. No flashy or fancy moves or exploits are needed to complete it (But being good at single wall jumping is a definite plus.) My favorite thing about it by far is the visual changes. The world's tileset is practically brand new and the way some of the areas were put together really bring back that "I feel like i shouldn't be here" feeling that good metroid games have.

It's definitely worth a look, i enjoyed the hell out of it.

>> No.5066090

Earthbound Halloween Hack is unironically good. I played it before the Undertale meme so just block out undertale