[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 98 KB, 1280x873, sd2snes_na_gray_basic_phillips_noled_92634.1513628813.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5048021 No.5048021 [Reply] [Original]

why are collectors so scared of pic related?
i was never going to waste thousands on cartridges anyways

>> No.5048053

>>5048021
It serves as a sanity check of sorts. Collectors hate it because it causes everyone (themselves included, if they're willing to admit it) to start to question the real value of their collections. Some people will still waste thousands collecting original cartridges in spite of that, but the existence of flash carts makes it considerably harder to justify. Many will decide maybe it's not worth paying the reseller tax after all. Demand shrinks, prices drop, hoarders lose out, human beings win.

>> No.5048091

>>5048021
Collectors just like the aesthetics of collecting/the thrill of the hunt. They like to hunt down original carts and then proudly display them in a massive collection. From a gaming perspective there's zero reason not to use a flash cart.

>> No.5048119

>>5048091
I prefer emulation on my PC to some silly solution to play it on the original hardware. The only real use this has is for mods like Goldfinger 64. Beyond that emulation all the way.

>> No.5048123

>implying collectors do not own every flash cart as well
hehehe

>> No.5048160

>>5048053
the clock speeds are also accurate enough that even autistic speedrunners use flashcarts for their runs.

>> No.5048161

>>5048123
I honestly wonder what these kids are smoking when they see pics of beautiful collections and think "those guys haven't heard of rom dumps or emulation or flash carts?" Serious yikes every time, especially when they devolve into fantastic pseudo-psychological "explanations" like the one posted above.

>> No.5048164

Hoarders and resellers are probably scared, since the more popular something like sd2snes and its clones get, the less value what they're holding onto will retain. But collectors? They're just doing it for themselves, I doubt they give a fuck.

>> No.5048173

>>5048021
You’re still a hardware hoarding faggot even if you pirate the games on your little cuckcart

>> No.5048189

>>5048173
rage against that machine, poor apartment boy

>> No.5048229

>>5048021
Because most collectors are dangerously autistic.

>> No.5048254

>>5048161
This. I still love to collect original games for a ton of reasons like nostalgia, used to have it but lost them for a reason or just interested after learning about it somewhere or just because I believe it might be an interesting game I haven't heard of before but despite all of that it's very convenient to have a flashcart on something like the SNES. Less of a hassle to clean regularly and it takes a lot less space, not to mention being able to play a few romhacks on it like from Super Mario RPG, Super Mario World or Yoshi's Island.

Maybe some people are jealous that they can't afford one or hate to see their 'investments' gone to waste but I don't see why people make such a big deal out of these things. Gotta shitpost about something on this board I guess?

>> No.5048269

>>5048254
As I said before: There are collectors, and not a few of them, who do it for "moral" reasons. The conflating of "legalism" and "morality" is a typically American phenomenon, of course. Their love of games is autistically intense, as autistically intense as their robot-like conformity to the last jot and tittle of the State's legislation.

And then they witness the unrighteous with their emulators and their flash carts, gaming away without a care in the world, playing all the games for free, and they get, yes, jealous. The old spinster decries the miniskirt-wearing young beauties; the teetotal Methodist decries the drunkennes and card-playing that take place in the gentlemen's club; and the autistic video game collector decries the pirates. They all do it out of envy, under a facade of indignant morality.

>> No.5048274
File: 7 KB, 300x200, Hmm+not+really+i+need+more+quothappyquot+reaction+pics+_f9d121e064695afa2b10c6d72d0a305b[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>watch a typical retro collector youtube e-celeb's video
>they have a massive wall of games
>they show a close up of the original console and them putting the original cart into it
>let's get this show on the road, let me tell you about this amazing hidden gem yadda yadda
>the rest of the video is emulator footage lmao

>> No.5048287

>>5048269
Senokot.

It'll help with that constipation that's giving you way too much free time on the toilet to waste on your fantasies of what runs through healthier people's heads.

>> No.5048292

>>5048254
That’s the bigger issue and why it’s so easy to bait. We have gotten to the point that someone expressing a different opinion means they are radically invested in their stance. I’m pro emulation and see no value in collecting, but I don’t care to any degree if people do collect, I just find it pointless. In the world of text on a screen however most will strangely assume the stance is an attack. Perhaps a life of frowning parents or peers?

>> No.5048303

>>5048292
If 4chan's boards are any indication, gamers have the thinnest skin in the world. Once you step outside the vidya-related boards, you get much less argumentativeness over the piddliest shit. Not a strict rule, just a general observation.

>> No.5048304

>>5048287
I'm healthy as a horse. Suck my dick.

>> No.5048307

>>5048303
Honestly that's because the vast majority of gamers are children and menchildren.

>> No.5048312

>>5048304
Based on your post, mentally, I'd do some deeper introspection if I were you. The mental health of horses is not within my expertise but even without knowing I would probably aim higher.

>>5048307
Didn't even have to be said, but yes exactly.

>> No.5048313

>>5048312
Like a give a shit about beta onions bluepill mental health when I could be galloping the countryside

>> No.5048316

>>5048312
I'm as healthy a man, mentally and physically, as a healthy horse is a healthy animal. And you're still welcome to suck my dick.

>> No.5048319

>>5048313
That's the spirit, horsebrain.

>>5048316
Then why do you post such stupid, stupid things?

Hmm, pause button on that question. I actually don't care.

>> No.5048324

I guess having 1s and 0s in a specific piece of plastic is somehow better than having those same exact 1s and 0s in another piece of plastic.

I could somehow understand how original carts could retain their value vs. roms and emulators (even though the systems with the most accurate emulation still somehow have the most expensive media), but there's literally no reason to have them when using a flash cart with original hardware.

>> No.5048334

>>5048319
The post you took issue with was semi-ironic, as anyone with a modicum of reading comprehension ability should be able to tell.

I do think the particular traits of obsession with video games and inordinate legalism might indeed co-occur in a certain subset of gamers. Is it really too wild a hypothesis? And I'm certainly not the first to remark on the strange relationship Americans have with their law. Have a good day, and please don't jaywalk on your way home.

>> No.5048347

Why do "non-collectors" have this silly idea that all collectors are of the type who are continuously paying high retail while "hating" emulation/flash carts because it somehow makes their purchasing decisions irrational?

Poll the collectors here. I'd wager 70% acquired their collections when you could basically take a snow shovel into a Gamestop and fill bags up with Gen 3/4 carts for the price of a new game (there was a time Gamestop was selling NES games for .25). Or go to thrift stores, flea markets, video rental stores, classifieds, and get similar deals. Even as early as 10 years ago, you could still find really good deals. The "collectors" paying high retail are likely well heeled people who spend a grand like you spend 10 dollars. Parading the fact emulation and flashcarts exist isn't going to disabuse them of anything like you hope. It's like telling someone who bought a Patek Philippe for the price of your house that a cheap digital watch from a gas station does the exact same thing.

>Comparing a well crafted time piece that is basically wearable art to a fuckin' piece of plastic.

It's just as arbitrary. A person doesn't buy a watch like that "just to tell time," in the same way a collector who dropped 10K on an AES cart didn't buy it "just to play the game."

>> No.5048351

>>5048347
>collector who dropped 10K on an AES cart
but I thought they would've bought that for .50 cents at gamestop?

>> No.5048353

>>5048269
>The conflating of "legalism" and "morality" is a typically American phenomenon, of course.

No, Bong. That is/was typically a Puritan/English puritan phenomenon.

>> No.5048354

>>5048351

Yeah, don't think too many AES games showed up at Gamestop.

>> No.5048357

>>5048354
okay, ncsx

>> No.5048359

>>5048334
Don't worry, I understood every loaded word of your post.

I do see a very long reach in associating some subset of collector behavior with overly strict adherence to the law. The only thing in common would be a tendency towards obsessive behavior in extreme cases of either. I've never met a collector of any kind of physical media who did it strictly or even primarily because it was the only legal alternative to obtaining illegal copies. "I buy these things because I refuse to break the law" is just something I never hear spoken honestly, and I find it entirely unrealistic. There are many reasons I would place ahead of that, from appreciation of some aspect of the physical good to the enjoyment of searching for and finding pieces to add to their collection to the simple pride of ownership to sheer materialism at the far end of the spectrum.

As for Americans having a unique perspective on legality, I'll refrain from commenting on that in detail but I think that has some merit. But only because if you don't like the laws that govern you in this country, you are encouraged to help change them. We generally believe that government exists to serve the interests of the people.

>> No.5048360

>>5048334
If your police had guns you might be more interested in following the law too desu.

>> No.5048361

>>5048359
>I do see a very long reach in associating some subset of collector behavior with overly strict adherence to the law.

Yeah, there is none. As you elaborated on, never knew of anyone who collected physical media doing such because they felt it was morally right (in some cases, however, paying for media is morally correct in lieu of pirating). Bong wasted a lot of words to try in weasel in a dig at Americans.

>> No.5048367

>>5048353
> That is/was typically a Puritan/English puritan phenomenon.

And who again were colonial America's settlers? I'm not the first or the millionth to suggest that Americans are among all nations a peculiarly puritanical people. Have you never read H. L. Mencken? America is the land of Prohibition, the land of negative virtue, the land in which abstention and not charity, teetotalism and not joie de vivre are hailed as supreme virtues.

As many have pointed out, the reason America is now a bloated twerking drugged-out hedonist is that Excess is the the flip side of Puritanism. America has lost her grim calvinistic God, and is now gorging herself on the forbidden fruit.

Puritanism is what happens when your nation is settled by Protestants: moralism gets confused with morality. In the absence of a sacramental religion, laws and regulations assume an otherworldly authority. In short, don't go over the speed limit and don't smoke indoors, or I'll be very disappointed in you.

>> No.5048369

>>5048361
What does "Bong" refer to? I'm Brazilian.

>> No.5048370

>>5048353
Good to know this "phenomenon" was in the past and in no way affects millions of retards to this day...

>> No.5048371

>>5048367
The person most responsible for this btw is the jewish marketer dward bernays, all your traditional christian values stood in front of everything the corporate engines want ie glutony, desire, emotional thinking, recklessness all encouraged via subversion marketing make you all better consumers, undermining the family unit, pushing more degeneracy under the guise of liberating individualism etcetc it all directs towards better consumer and more shekels for the system, the jewish system turns everything into brazil eventually, chaos, misery, madness, dependency, nonsense, anti truth but hey at least you have PRODUCTS!!

>> No.5048379

>>5048369
People from England.

>> No.5048380

>>5048359
Okay. Fair point. Maybe you're right.

I was raised Evangelical. I'm Brazilian. I have had debates about this issue with American Christians on reddit.

And it seems that 90% of contemporary American Christians are incredibly strict about the law, and would unironically advise me to watch Netflix instead of torrenting movies, and to buy used games instead of pirating, in short, to bend over backwards in the most convoluted of ways but to never, ever dare to break a law.

I find it a maddeningly absurd perspective. I know other non-Americans who share my opinion of American legalism.

There was a Christian guy here on /vr/ like a month ago. He really wanted to play Wizardry 1--4. He kept asking about which was the legal way to do it. Someone suggested a crappy website, offering a crappy version of the game, which somehow seemed to be in full compliance with the legal copyright minutiae relevant to the game.

There really are people out there who fear committing piracy as strongly as a germophobe fears dirty surfaces.

>> No.5048383

>>5048371

This is a good point, actually. Reminds me of what Christopher Lasch used to say about American culture.

>> No.5048430

>>5048380
>And it seems that 90% of contemporary American Christians are incredibly strict about the law, and would unironically advise me to watch Netflix

I don't particularly like where Netflix is heading with their business model, but what is necessarily convoluted about watching content on Netflix instead of pirating?

"I don't want to further enrich a greedy corporation and their sociopathic executives who'd kill their own mother for a couple points gain on their stock. Information yearns to free! Down with intellectual property rights! Powa to the da people!"

Yeah, we still live in the real world. And this mentality throws the baby out with the bathwater. In your need to "stick it to the man," you're also disenfranchising the artists who produce that content. And while I'm sure most artists would love to give you their work for free, again, we live in the real world in which you need this thing called money to survive. The end game of piracy is unsustainable under real world conditions. If artists aren't compensated for their work, there's no incentive to create beyond the intrinsic value of creation, and intrinsic value doesn't pay the bills. You might retort that art and commerce should always be divided, no matter what, and that an artist should get a real job to pay the bills and create on the side as basically a hobby. I've heard this shit tier argument many times from pirates "bending over backwards" to justify their behavior. Why is this argument shit?

Producing art is as real a job as any other. They are providing a product for your consumption. Production of this product takes something called time. It's an unreasonable to expect an artist to work a full time job and then provide entertainment for you as a side gig for which they aren't compensated for. Compensating them for their work to the point where they can make a living means they get to spend more time on their craft, resulting in a higher quality product and experience for you.

cont

>> No.5048432

>>5048367
The pursuit of happiness is one of the three fundamental birthrights of all mankind named specifically in our Declaration of Independence. We take that for granted, instead what needs periodic reminding sometimes is to be reasonable in those pursuits. We have no need to be told "have fun out there, people!" or to spell that out as a cultural ethos. Rather it's "be safe out there, people!" As for abstinence (which is what I think you mean) over charity, Americans as a whole spend an inordinate amount of time volunteering and money donating to dear causes relative to what I've seen of other countries. When Americans care about something, we care to the point of sacrifice just fine I think. I am constantly surprised to find myself proud of what united Americans can achieve, though I'm sure a lot of that can be attributed to basic human decency instead of something inherent to Americans. I generally like most of my countrymen (as a racial minority even, myself) and like to think I'd go pretty far to help them out.

>> No.5048435

>>5048430

Art production is very often not a one person job (in the case of movies, music, and games). The artist often employs craftsmen for hire to help bring their vision to life, craftsmen who are basically working for a paycheck and have little input into the creative direction of a product. These craftsmen can't be paid with "intrinsic value" and "doing it for the fun and joy of it."

This is where pirates are aggravating. The people who do pay for content are subsidizing your freeloading, because without people funneling money into a particular entertainment industry, there'd be no industry. Or the industry would shift to a different business model to cover costs, most likely saturating every piece of content with advertisements. Yeah, great alternative. Stick it da man!

I get not paying for used video games (although, your paying for them at brick and mortar stores creates jobs). I can understand not paying for a 1950s classic movie that probably should be in the public domain. But not paying for any media content fullstop can't really be justified on any intellectual or moral grounds. Do I think pirates and torrent sites should be legally penalized? No. There's bigger issues to worry about. Do I think they're trying to rationalize being a cheap fuck under the pretense of righteousness? Yes.

>> No.5048456

I sold all my games well cept a few on 64 amcause i dont have the ED for that yet. And traded for consoles and accessories. With lots i bought from idiots for pennies and got systems i wanted. I dont remember the last time i payed any thing close to retail. I did make 500 bucks on a mint Rayearth on saturn and lords for Sega cd. And i only payed about 20 or less for each.

>> No.5048467

>>5048435

Okay. That's a good answer. I don't have time to give you the answer you deserve.

I will say this about Netflix. Do you like movies? Do you like Berman, Fellini, Kurosawa? Or even Kubrick and Lynch? Heck, do you like Spielberg? Good luck findng their movies on Netflix. You will find one or two titles by each director - if you're lucky. In fact cinephiles have been remarking on how little the Netflix generation knows about movies. To put it bluntly: Netflix is degrading.

Netflix is really, really bad. And this precisely because of contemporary intellectual property legislation. It is a byzantine mess. It's hard to get any movie legally greenlighted for inclusion in their streaming service.

And here's the thing. These legalists who think Netflix is a satisfactory alternative to torrenting are not only pharisees, they are also philistines. They have bad taste. I can't help but picture these people as creepily obedient and mindless drones, as clichéd as that sounds. They have bad taste and they are bad at thinking. That's why they are fine with services like Netflix and Virtual Console.

As for your perspective on how art needs the copyright system to survive: you are grossly mistaken. But I realize that people are used to this idea and that to suggest otherwise strikes them as immoral and absurd. Look up the books "Against Intellectual Property" and "Against Intellectual Monopoly". They are free to read online and are enjoyable reads.

And yes, sure, I accept that Americans may also be capable of fine moral sentiment. They're also a bunch of petty authoritarians.

>> No.5048475

>>5048467

I never said art needs the copyright system to survive. I said it needs money to survive, at least at the level of quality we come to expect. Otherwise artists will be forced to divide their work/life/creation time further, resulting in worse art.

If you want to punish Netflix specifically for their lack of content, by all means. I thought you were using them as a catch all for streaming services. But if you wouldn't pay for, say, a Criterion streaming service, where they're presenting new 4k remasters (35mm film is roughly equivalent 4k quality) with new commentaries, cinematic analysis, and the like for 9.99 per month, then you'd be the philistine in this case. I have a inkling you wouldn't.

>> No.5048490

I was somewhat of a collector over the last 2-3 years. Thankfully it never got too bad. Most I ever paid for a cart was $40 or so, and I also never got more than 10-15 games per system (Genesis and SNES). I then modded a Wii and thought that was just amazing. Almost stopped playing carts. Then was memed into spending money on flash carts for original hardware + all the games in one spot, which is great, but no cart having consistent save states was a real turn off for me because I don’t have time to sit and whittle away at games for hours anymore. I bought an Everdrive x7 for my Genesis to find out save states don’t even work for all games, so returned it. Now I just emulate on my Wii what I don’t own physical and am happy to at long last be playing games and not concerning myself with the nitty gritty nitpicking of real hardware, whether it’s through original carts or flash carts. I just wanna play the damn things.

tl;dr - I have briefly dabbled in all of the mentioned forms of playing old games and figured out through trial and spent money that I don’t give a damn if I emulate or not

>> No.5048496

>>5048475
I don't know if I can even get this Criterion service in Brazil.

The wonderful thing about piracy is that it is anti-fragile. It allows culture - even all the obscure, unlicensed, unrenewed, Jap-only, nowhere-to-be-found-legally artifacts - to make it through the cracks of third world socialistic bureaucracy hell.

You still have all these wonderful legal streaming services up and running in the first world, catering to your every lowbrow and highbrow whim. You can indulge your taste and feel good about yourself. That's terrific. Maybe piracy will become less of a tabboo in America if your economy happens to decline in the following decades.

I'm all for giving money to the creators. I am very much not for giving a lot of money to monopoly CEOs and government bureaucrats. A lot of money paid for legal media in Brazil goes to the government in the form of taxes. It's just hell. It sucks. Piracy is a godsend for third worlders. It's delightful to get called a selfish, self-serving man just because I don't want to allow business interests and government taxation to degrade my taste.

But I'm repeating what I said in former threads. You seem like a good guy. Best regards.

>> No.5048506

>>5048021
Resellers lose. You don't need to pay $200 for rare games anymore and it drives them crazy to sit on mountains of cartridges not being able to get rid of them.

>> No.5048513

>>5048021
IMO SD2SNES isn't worth it. Unless things have significantly changed over the past few years, it's cheaper to get an everdrive for like half the price and then separately buy the handful of superFX games like starfox and yoshi's island. I bought the gook versions of these games for dirt cheap.

>> No.5048521

>>5048274
It's just easier to record video from emulation. You do it on the same machine you video edit on.
My gripe is:
>hey check out this not really obscure, but it is to my 12 yr old audience, for from the 90s. this game is bonkers, mazelike level design, blah blah blah, inspired countless clones and other tropes
>entire video is played with cheat codes

>> No.5048523

>>5048161

been there
its annoying af to change carts all the time
its much easier to have them all in a single unit

the cartridges look pretty, but they are just eye candy
at the end of the day, nobody over the age of 35 is impressed by your collection anymore
then the impulse to sell it all hits you

>> No.5048525

>>5048521
Autocorrect clipped an entire word out...

>> No.5048529

>>5048021
i've collected, used flashcarts, and emulated.
Flashcarts are the best way to go if you want physical and don't want to blow tons of money on eye candy. Emulation is the way to go if you just want to play the game and don't care about what platform it's on. In the end who cares what you choose, as long as your playing the games and enjoying it why does it matter dipshits.

>> No.5048532

>>5048523
If inconvenience and inability to impress are enough to get you to consider selling off your collection, hey, I won't judge but...actually yeah I'm judging you right now.

>> No.5048541 [DELETED] 

>>5048091
>>5048123
>>5048161
>>5048254
>>5048347
Where in the OP were collectors mentioned? Why are collectorfags so insecure?

>> No.5048547
File: 3.46 MB, 4032x3024, 1534992341126.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5048532

inconvenience is a pretty big reason
but i rather just output emulators from my PC in 15khz 240p resolutions (exact as the original system) and call it a day

emulators are vastly superior, having over 50,000 games from various systems all with flawless accuracy and other options not even available on the original system is golden

personally, i am someone who actually enjoys playing games, and not hording a worthless collection of plastic..
the only shit worth collecting anyway are bigbox games from PC
do you even own a copy of d/generation?
its like all the console nostalgia bullshit but manages to somehow be even more superior in one single title

>> No.5048557

These anti-collector echochamber circlejerk threads are becoming as regular as the Doom thread. Honestly it reminds of the 2 minutes of hate from 1984.

>> No.5048581

>>5048513
You're out of the loop. They now play sfx and sa1 games. Redguy came in and did the impossible in a few months.

>> No.5048593

>>5048021
Fuck off cuckcart shill. Real retro gamers play emulator with runahead only, none of that boomer hardware trash.

>> No.5048609

>>5048547
>personally, i am someone who actually enjoys playing games, and not hording a worthless collection of plastic..
>the only shit worth collecting anyway are bigbox games from PC

You and I must be brothers...The OLY games I collected were big box pc, and I had an issue at the house involving a vast amont of sewage backing up into my game room...the big box games didn't make it. Most of my games didn't. But the systems were fine, because they were in plastic totes. SHiiiiiit ALL OVER EVERYTHING.

>>5048269
>The conflating of "legalism" and "morality" is a typically American phenomenon, of course.

>Be British
>Can't even control your own colony
>Demand they give up their arms and respect the crown through taxes
>British get shot.

It may have been that way, but recent history shows me that some people are willing to destroy themselves to prove how righteous and moral they are now. Don't take it personal, but I have never respected anything English/british. Ever so often you decide to do something stupid, and somehow its always USA that helps them out.

>> No.5048635

I dont mind flashcarts at all. Game prices have skyrocketed and as long as i have the hardware, I'm content.

>> No.5048686

>>5048513
Motherfucker, SFX and SA-1 are now compatible thanks to RedGuy who did in just a couple of months what Hikari has been jerking us off for years!!

>> No.5048694

>>5048581
Okay, but what I'm saying is that the handful of decent games that use those chips is quite low and it's more economical to do Everdrive + a few games you want.

>> No.5048726

>>5048269
Here is the issue: it’s techinally not legal to buy used either

>> No.5048730

>>5048021
Because their whole collectathon back in the 00s meant nothing in the end.

>> No.5048790

>>5048021
>why are collectors so scared of pic related?
I think its a mix of things...some of which I don't know about.

>Casual gamers who want to play 2-3 retro games may find the Everdrive to be cost effective. It is cheaper then 2-3 "Expensive" games.
>If casuals are not buying games, then only collectors and nostalgia nerds will.
>Collectors will be exchanging titles between themselves.
>As more people find out about flash carts, the "value" of physical media will go down.

I would hate to have a vast collection right now. Sure, I have a few things I would resell in the future...but people who banked on continual increase in value based on supply and demand are starting to see that the whole "economy" could be totally destroyed by "counterfeit" flash carts. Logically, a flash cart eradicates the need for any gamer to be a collector if they choose to do that.

Years ago I gave my entire N64 collection to my sister for a christmas present. I had no where for it, all the rumble packs 6 controllers, and 50 games (no sports except NBA hangtime). My brother-in-law and I were talking the other day, and he wants to trade me my Everdrive for "his" collection of N64 games. My answer: Sure thing. This is my Nostalgia collection. I bought every one of htem games myself over the course of years....when N64 games were priced reasonably. If you name an "Expensive" N64 game, I have it...However, I disagree with pricing. I paid $15 for my copy of Conkers, but again this was quite a long time ago. It is only worth to me what someone will pay for it, but IF I am not selling it, it has no value.

>> No.5048856

>>5048790
yeah noone cares about your life story. People obviously have more interest in these games than pure utility. Illegal devices to play 4th gen games have been around since 4th gen using devices that took floppies. Why is it so hard to get through to you guys that it's not all about their function? Do you think owning paintings is about looking at them and saying "do it on computer instead"? That's not the point.

>> No.5048861

>>5048694
Yoshi's island, Doom and starfox would probably total like 90 bucks, which iirc is over the price difference of a sfx rom cart.

But I am doing it your way, getting a few individual sfx carts and my everdrive.

>> No.5048869

>>5048856
>People obviously have more interest in these games than pure utility
Time will tell through the "economy" of expensive games. Now is early, but I do think that the market penetration of flash carts will certainly have an effect on the value of games. It is preposterous to think otherwise just based on simple economics.

>> No.5048887

>>5048869
>Now is early,
What are you talking about? Just because you seem to have found out about flash carts yesterday doesn't mean they never existed before that. I already stated devices existed even back in 4th gen, I'm not making it all up for giggles. This article was written back in 2012 and the prices for a flash cart without enhancement chips are about the same.

https://ancientelectronics.wordpress.com/2012/08/24/flash-carts-a-brief-overview-and-history/

SNES prices have gone up and up and up.... but I think relatively recently have fallen a bit again. So you've just called what the reality is "preposterous", seems like time to reevaluate your belief systems.

>> No.5048892

>>5048021
Because boomers are bad with money. The sd2snes is proof they wasted their lives.

>> No.5048901

>>5048887
>I already stated devices existed even back in 4th gen

At the time, games were available...new and used. Certainly floppy devices existed, but they were irrelevant to non-normies. Normies just go to the store, pay the $20-60 for a used or new game and get exactly what they want.

The devices were clunky, expensive, and not necessary at that time.

Flash carts are somewhat new to the scene. They have popped up at a point in time when there is this "hipster resurgence" in old video games. The Flash carts of this day and age are cheap, easy to find and have high compatibility with most titles.

I am not saying you are incorrect at all. The "backup" systems of the late 90s are nothing like the contemporary units. Time makes all the difference. Had flash carts somehow came out in 1996, they would have been somewhat ignored. People at that day and age knew they could get the real deal.

As collectors keep hoarding games, and as rare titles become more rare, you will see the prices fluctuate because gamers will buy a flash cart. You don't have to be a collector to be a gamer any more. This changes the entire demographic of who can play X game. There is no high price entrance to the games. For less then $200, you can have access to EVERY game from EVERY region in the world.

I have personally sold through word of mouth no less then 6 Everdrive64s to people who just wanted to game. They have no interest in collection.

>> No.5048902

>>5048887
>reevaluate your belief systems
What is economics of supply and demand?

>> No.5048928
File: 170 KB, 1280x1313, 1519407234874.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Personally I do it cause its super cheap for me. I make enough money to go out and buy games. I don't however collect anything under 4th gen. That was way past my time and even 4th gen is a stretch since I was born in 95. 5th and 6th gen is mainly what I go after and have been for a while. I never really use ebay, unless I absolutey want to try the game out that very moment, and even then I could just use emulation, but I have yet to find a emulator that gives me no problems for ps2 or ps1

Regardless i've found 90% of my shit for really cheap from thrift stores or garage sales. Like I bought Timesplitters 1 2 and 3 for like 10 bucks. It's just a hobby that I like to do, it gives me something to do with my spare time.

>> No.5049072

>>5048861
Not to mention Kirby and Mario RPG.

SD2SNES is now definitely cheaper than Everdrive + individual special chip games.

Also now there's another dude working on the S-DD1 chip.

>> No.5049141

Pointless topic IMO.

Flashcarts have been around since forever. But people will still buy overpriced 20+ yo physical media if a YT eceleb tells them it's a cool thing to do.

>> No.5049158

>>5048021
If you have a flash cart you're probably deep into video games
I'll bet most owners have real games too

>> No.5049194

>>5048892
t. jealous underage that wasn't around to buy them for literal pocket change.

>> No.5049207

>>5049072
Yeah, I was just listing ones I have. Forgot that Mario rpg was a sfx game though.

>> No.5049213
File: 109 KB, 569x428, 1352800223222.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My favorite argument from retro collector scalper fags is always the
>B-B-BUT IF YOU HAVE EVERY ROM AT YOUR DISPOSAL YOU CAN'T COMMIT TO PLAYING OF YOUR GAMES
>meanwhile shows off multiple shelves of collection where 2/3rds of their games are unbeaten or even have been booted up once

If you think attaching monetary value to every single game will make you commit to it, you're full of shit, sick in the head, and usually both.

>>5048928
>It's just a hobby that I like to do, it gives me something to do with my spare time.
Ever try actually playing games to do something with your "spare time"?

>> No.5049216

>>5048021
Don't fear it, but it's not the same, psychologically, as playing a real game.

>> No.5049227

>>5049216
It's the same as having every cartridge for the system except it takes up very little space

>> No.5049260

>>5049213
>you can only play games with your spare time
Really blowing my mind here.

>> No.5049306

>>5048380
>And it seems that 90% of contemporary American Christians are incredibly strict about the law, and would unironically advise me to watch Netflix

lol what. No way any christian is watching netflix after one look at the lgbt section.

>> No.5049321

>>5048435
>muh society
>muh industry
>muh jobs
What a fucking cúck lol
The endgame of DRM-ism is selling half a game for $60 and having you shell out $100 for the full version like every shitty Squeenix/Ubishit/EA game.
It didn't use to be like this, and it's like this because the audience for videogames is perpetual 14 years old kids born any minute that don't know any better and think consumer laws are communism itself.

If taking it in the ass nicely and without asking question gives me this dystopia of always online SP games with microtransactions for story progression and real money being shoved in my face then fuck this shit and YES, I'd rather let it crumble to dust than fuel it.
Oh, and in case you didn't know, it's been almost 10 years for videogames being the most profitable entertainment industry, shill.

>> No.5049329

>>5048347
>comparing physical objects(and a work of art at that, like a Patek Philippe or other luxury watches) to a digital product that can get copied and enjoyed in the exact same why except for a shitty electronic board that WILL degrade over time
You are one special kind of retard.

>> No.5049360

>>5049329
Little man the amount that you know about electronics boards wouldn't fill the inside of a string thong. It's obvious you're that same dumbass that keeps going around talking about "electronics degrade over time" recently as if it's a new word he learned.

As has been explained to you, watches also disintegrate, just like electronics. In fact, watches probably disintegrate a lot faster that cartridges considering that they're mechanical. There is disc rot for optical discs, but cartridges don't have that. So how exactly are cartridges going to degrade in our lifetime?

>> No.5049370

>>5048726
Right of first sale. In the US it's a bit hazy and there are instances where publishers can weasel out of being bound to this exception to copyright law if they meet a bunch of requirements like actively moving to enforce their rights (similar but not the same to Nintendo in recent news vs. the rom sites), but it could also be argued that it doesn't apply to second-hand game sales simply because no big publisher has successfully sued used game stores like GameStop and customer marketplaces like eBay to stop reselling their shit in the past 30+ years. That alone is a huge lapse in the protection of "licensing agreements" like what Microsoft tries to stick on everything that they're basically really just selling and demonstrates that their agreement is bullshit. (Nintendo actively defends their copyrights against large rom sites just to demonstrate that they're on top of their property for any lawsuits of any reason that may occur in the future - it is simply prudent to do that stuff because the courts always look at past actions you've taken to protect your property).

In Europe, copyright law takes a clear stand in favor of right of first sale and end user copyright protections by fucking away with all the weasely licensing shit and declaring that such agreements amount to sales, meaning anybody can buy or sell a copyrighted work without any fucking restrictions, and those rights are automatically transferable every time.

tl;dr to answer your post - Regarding the US, not really. Regarding Europe, not at all. You can sell and buy used games. Copyright law protects your right to do it.

>> No.5049383
File: 53 KB, 903x548, music industry revenue.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5049321

"muh" greentexting isn't a counterargument. Yes, I hate the AAA videogame industry and don't put a dime toward it. But if you can't scrounge up 10.00 to pay for a well regarded indie game, then I don't know what to say. Here's some muh greentexting for you.

>muh citing revenue data to justify my freeloading

Same exact music argument music pirates use. See the graph. First, music industry revenue hasn't kept place with inflation. Second, increased concert revenue has somewhat covered the lost money of recorded music sales. But the only musicians really capable of profiting from live concert tours are the mega stars. Your smaller acts basically use it as loss leader in hopes of selling merch to fans. This mirrors the videogame industry. The huge AAA titles selling gangbusters and all the mircotransations in popular "free to play" bullshit like Fornite are. Mobile is also another big revenue generator for the gaming industry.

> I'd rather let it crumble to dust than fuel it.

Good. But again, the AAA industry (in any entertainment industry) isn't necessarily the same as the indepedent industry (although, the big players do have their hands in "independent" production, i.e. Fox Searchlight).

>>5049329
>You are one special kind of retard.

No, you are one special kind of retard who doesn't understand that value is relative (you obviously didn't read my greentext anticipation this argument). There's people who see absolutely ZERO value in a two hundred thousand dollar watch (or even a two hundred dollar watch) when a cheap digital watch from Walmart does the same thing, and more accurately.

>> No.5049386

>>5049360
>continued.

And also, it's not anymore a "digital product" than a watch is a "digital product". Just because there is data on it... it is still a physical product, it has to perform properly. The watch analogy holds 100%, the cartridge is a physical product.

You can't objectively call a luxury watch "a work of art" and say there is some logical reason why you can't call games that. I'm against all forms of materialism, but the only retarded person here is you if you honestly think that watches are any more legitimate than videogames beyond the fact that they're more socially credible. So now you are informed how retarded you are.

>> No.5049398

>>5049360
>In fact, watches probably disintegrate a lot faster that cartridges considering that they're mechanical.

I'm the poster he replied to, and a mechanical watch can last generations, since the good ones are often multi-jeweled movements (as you know, jewels are the hardest things on Earth). If it's well taken of and serviced regularly, it'll last many, many lifetimes. But he's indeed an idiot who can't comprehend the idea that people value different things.

>> No.5049406

>>5049207
Mario RPG is SA-1 which is also now supported on the SD2SNES thanks to Redguy

>> No.5049423

>>5049360
>>5049370
>muh wall of text
Yes anon, your mint condition copy of Hagane is the same as a Baume Mercier.
>>5049398
You can give all the SENTIMENTAL value you want to different things but if you think a numbered luxury watch can hold the same value of a mass produced videogame cartridge just because you want it to, when you can literally get the same exact experience on a flash cart on the original hardware I have no more words for you.
>>5049383
>music pirates
I hope you know there's a shitload of musicians out there sharing ALL their albums for free on various internet sources because surprise, unless you make music by committee like pop musicians making music is not as costly as making a "good" movie, it takes a group of people with some instruments and some hundreds dollars to rent a recording studio for half a day.
>No, you are one special kind of retard who doesn't understand that value is relative (you obviously didn't read my greentext anticipation this argument). There's people who see absolutely ZERO value in a two hundred thousand dollar watch (or even a two hundred dollar watch) when a cheap digital watch from Walmart does the same thing, and more accurately.
Again, work of art vs cartridge produced in the 100s of thousands that can be played with the same exact fidelity on a flashcart.
You are saying a Russian Lada is the same as a Pontiac Firebird to protect your weird idea that collection of cheap plastic shit holds the same value as a Rolex Daytona, a classic Reverso and so on.

>> No.5049478

>>5049423
>You can give all the SENTIMENTAL value you want to different things but if you think a numbered luxury watch can hold the same value of a mass produced videogame cartridge just because you want it to,

Sentimental, nostalgic, etc value is no less arbitrary than artistic/rarity/craftsmenship value. There's people out there who pay millions for a Miro, while to others, it looks like something their child could've painted. Artistic value is valuable because we impart that value, not because it's a fact of reality. If someone would rather drop 20K on a video game collection than a watch, you are you or I to tell them it's wrong?

>I hope you know there's a shitload of musicians out there sharing ALL their albums for free on various internet sources.

Yeah, they're sharing it for "free" because they're basically hobbyists who might do a little music production on the weekends for fun. But guess what happens if a talented hobbyist actually received compensation for his work? That means he has more of budget to work with, more time to work on a product (if we assume he's receiving enough compensation to make a living), translating into a much higher quality work. And yes, I listen to soundlcloud, bandcamp projects all the time. Most of them are incompently mastered and in dire need of a remaster by a sound engineer. Sound engineers cost something called money.

>Again, work of art vs cartridge produced in the 100s of thousands that can be played with the same exact fidelity on a flashcart.

Artistic value is subjective. If we reduce the watch down to its pure function (as you are doing with video games), then a 2.00 digital watch bought at a convenience has the same "fidelity" as a Patek Philippe. Again, you're trying to impose what YOU value onto others.

>> No.5049501

retard party

now's not the time to teach them, let them shuffle around in their drool

and yeah that means (you)

>> No.5049507

>>5049423
>Yes anon, your mint condition copy of Hagane is the same as a Baume Mercier.

Not according to the market its not.

>>>5049398
>You can give all the SENTIMENTAL value you want to different things but if you think a numbered luxury watch can hold the same value of a mass produced videogame cartridge just because you want it to, when you can literally get the same exact experience on a flash cart on the original hardware I have no more words for you.

You are confusing concepts here. There's market value and there's actual utility. In terms of actual utility, the watch is no better than a walmart watch, same as how the game is no better utility than a flashcart. It's ok to be retarded but.... try to be less so.

>> No.5049519

>>5048021
Why don't you know any collectors?

>> No.5049531
File: 1.07 MB, 1901x1226, EmuvsCol.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.5049545
File: 1.14 MB, 2984x2557, MVIMG_20180917_194519.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Would someone mind posting a link to the SuperEverdrive DSP bin files that actually works?

>> No.5049546

>>5049507
>In terms of actual utility, the watch is no better than a walmart watch, same as how the game is no better utility than a flashcart.

Yep. What is being paid for with the watch is the craftsmanship and aesthetics of said watch (and I do personally think those things are valuable and are worth paying for per your taste/budget). If I wanted something simply to tell time, spending any more than a few dollars on a watch is "irrational."

What gamers who buy hardware/physical media "pay for" is the experience of playing on real hardware using real carts, the historical elements (the hardware and media are actually from that time period), and the aesthetics. The gamer who pays for a piece of hardware (or media) because he likes "looking at it" is no fuckin' different from the watch buyer paying for watch because he "likes looking at it," (as many watches have beautiful aesthetics, obviously).

>> No.5049576

>>5048021
escapism - these are the same faggots that use rf adapters and watch old broadcast recordings with the commercials in tact, in a sad attempt to pretend they're still children. use caution, modern technology may induce autistic screeching.

>> No.5049583
File: 33 KB, 540x527, 1535767716495.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5048021
JUST PLAY THE DAMN GAMES
I DONT GIVE A fuck HOW YOU DO IT

>> No.5049586

>>5049545
nice try, Nintendo.

>> No.5049589

>>5049531
>canuck
>appearance of questionable sexuality
clueless cuck generation would worship a freak like that, looks like he'd enjoy watching his wife get fucked by darkies & muzzies too

>> No.5049612

>>5049589

When's mom getting back from the bar?

>> No.5049632

>>5049589

How would you know those details if you didn't watch him?

>Poor emulator fag watching collector videos, yelling, "Stop collecting and emulate! Do what I do. Be poor like me!" as his fat wife yells at him to get off the computer and come help change little Billy Ray's diaper.

>> No.5049660

>>5049406

No it isn't, that firmware update has yet to come out. It's still on 1.8.0 which added SuperFX support. Redguy has uploaded a few SA-1 betas that don't really work and has apparently finished it now but ikari's taking his sweet time integrating it with the firmware.

>> No.5049668

>>5049660
https://github.com/RedGuyyyy/sd2snes/releases/
It works just fine my man.

>> No.5049691

>>5048053
I don't see why it makes it harder to justify. I enjoy collecting video games because I think it's fun.

There, that's my reason. Whether or not people are playing these games for free has no bearing on that and if it does, it means people aren't collecting because they enjoy it but to show off.

>> No.5049714

Holy shit, collector niggers are out in full force.
>>5049531
>collectorfag so insecure he has to rely on canuck ecelebs to justify his existence
Hey fag, show us your face then.
>>5049632
>Poor collector fag posting in emulation threads yelling, "Stop emulating and collect! Do what I do. Be poor like me!" as his fat wife yells at him to get off the CRT and come help change little Jamal's diaper.

>> No.5049756

>>5049158
>I'll bet most owners have real games too
Here is an example of me:

>Own N64 + Everdrive
>Still own Ogre Battle & NBA Hangtime
>Own uniROM flashed game shark for PSX
>FFVII, Chrono cross & FF Tactics are my only games, and Chrono Cross is scratched up and ruined from years of abuse.

Everything older that I feel like keeping is on my Wii.

Physical games are not for me. I am a gamer, and not a collector. I had an incident years ago where most of my supply of games was ruined by water. If you think I am going to spend years and thousands of dollars to replace shit that I paid no more then $10 a piece for, you are insane. Flash carts make gaming simple, and easy to get into. They take the collector and his overpriced wares right out of the equation. If you want to game, the cost of individual games is totally irrelevant in 2018 unless you are collecting. The value is totally subjective at that point too. Why would I pay $100+ for a single used game cart when for a few bucks more I can enjoy it all?

>> No.5049758

>>5049714

>Poor collector fag posting in emulation threads yelling...

Collectors were called out. Of course we're gonna respond. No one would give a shit about a thread discussion flashcarts. I don't see youtube collector celebs calling emulators out. So why do you watch? Yeah, you like tasting them sour grapes.

>> No.5049771

>>5049758
>Collectors were called out. Of course we're gonna respond.
I got nothing against collectors, but by the same token, they make no impact in my life or the hobbies I choose. I enjoy my flash carts, and don't doubt that many "collectors" have them too. They are really awesome and it is hard to refute.

As a collector however, I would be concerned IF you are collecting to increase your wealth. If you view plastic game boxes as some sort of investment, I think you are going about it wrong. Collecting because you enjoy the media is certainly noble. I can't fault anyone for enjoying the same hobby I do....just differently. It is still the same thing. We are still the same, we just differ on opinions about where the value is in games. I cannot refute the collector and his angle, because he is getting enjoyment from the hobby. By the same token, I am free from scorn as I enjoy the hobby my way.

tl: dr
We are nerds. All of us. Lying about it only further confirms.

>> No.5049782

>>5049771

>As a collector however, I would be concerned IF you are collecting to increase your wealth. If you view plastic game boxes as some sort of investment

I don't think many collectors are motivated by that, not the ones I know anyway. As someone else implied, for collectors, playing with original hardware and carts/cds is more engaging. This experiential value is obviously relative.

>> No.5049789

>>5049213
of course I play the games I buy. I just finished up the new spider man now I'm gonna go back to finishing yakuza kiwami so I can play the new one. I try playing all of my games I get, if I don't like it oh well, I know I didn't pay that much for it so I just hold on to it. I still like to "hunt" for games on the cheap, I have fun with it. It really only takes up about 30 mins of my free time to go to like 3-4 different stores once a week.

>> No.5049806

>>5049213
yeah that would be a lame argument. Too bad noone made it or does make huh? Have fun with that imagination.

>> No.5049807

>>5049758
>Collectors were called out.
And you respond like faggots, sucking eceleb cock to justify your lifestyle.
>I don't see youtube collector celebs calling emulators out.
Who do you watch, many of them have taken shots at emulation while knowing fuckall about it.
>Yeah, you like tasting them sour grapes.
t. Collector nigger who wastes money on carts.

>> No.5049814

>>5049806
>Too bad noone made it or does make huh? Have fun with that imagination.
>when there are people in this FUCKING THREAD justifying why they spend don money on actual carts because "it's engaging" or better for whatever bullshit reason
Collector fags are truly dumb niggers.

>> No.5049823

>>5049814
Sure, because they have the actual carts. Not because they paid money for it.

Holy shit coming at be like that when I just made a point. I'm not a dumb nigger, just trying to explain things to you. Also I don't represent "collector fags", I could scarcely be called a collector myself, if anything I'm more an emulation fag. You sound like you have a lot of issues.

>> No.5049826
File: 441 KB, 615x615, Th155Tenshi.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5048021
I've got one for my snes along with one for n64. I bought both specifically for romhacks. I only bought the n64 flashcart for an f zero x hack an oot randomizer. While I don't really have much for my snes I've got around 60 carts for,my,n64 that I still use. Both are really nice to have.

>> No.5049827

>>5048021
you know damn well collectors have pic related and 1000 games
>gotta play them romhacks and translations guys
>subscribe to my channel

>> No.5049829

>>5049823
>Holy shit coming at be like that when I just made a point.
>NO ONE IS SAYING WHAT YOU'RE SAYING EVEN THOUGH THERES EVIDENCE TO THE CONTRARY
>I'm not a dumb nigger
Nope, you're pretty dumb

>> No.5049832

>>5049829
Show me where someone said "I buy cartridges because when I spend money on them it gets me to play them". I must have missed that. Maybe extremely rarely someone somewhere has said that but it's not at all a common argument like you suggested.

Also if anything I'm afraid to boot up my emulation consoles because of how much time I might spend on them. With the actual carts there's more of a physical impediment against spending too much time.

>> No.5049836

arguing gamertard manbabies having a grand old time

>> No.5049846

>>5049836
shit i need to get off 4chan

>> No.5049892
File: 57 KB, 467x817, AverageEmulator.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5049807
>Who do you watch, many of them have taken shots at emulation while knowing fuckall about it.

I watch a variety. Never once have I seen them take a shot at emulation beyond the usual innocuous criticism about glitches here and there of certain emulators and certain games (which are valid criticisms). Post examples of a collector e-celeb frothing at the mouth about emulation being totally shit in comparison to the real thing. Oh, a video endorsing flashcarts from a relatively large "collector fag" channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuHA3k-y6PE&t=306s\

What's more interesting here is how you have an intimate knowledge of e-celeb criticisms against emulation despite disliking the collector community. Why are you watching? Dem sour grapes.

>> No.5049921

i'm an emulator only user and i'll be truthful why I dislike collector fags. I grew up poor, parents were verbally abusive and spent what money we had on themselves. we never got shit in the way of physical things for Christmas or birthdays. best we could expect were fuckin socks. never took us to the rental store. I had to play games over at friend's houses and no lie, was bitter at their collections they got from gifts from family members.

I don't have much extra money as an adult, so yes, i'm a "poorfag," and that bitterness has stayed with me when I see e-celebs or reddit retro gamers and their shelves stocked full. so when these discussions do pop up about collecting vs emulating, I take my shots at collectors telling them how they're wasting their money and being no life nerds pathetically collecting plastic to recapture their childhood. ain't gonna lie though, if had the money and space damn right I'd build a gaming room.

>> No.5049924

>>5049892
I can imagine him sitting there hatewatching every last one of them religiously, drooling over all those games and consoles that he'll never be able to obtain much less play, because his welfare won't cover the costs, with unspeakable levels of jealousy and... hate, hand going down pants intermittently, especially when Kelsey comes on (but keeps it as his little secret except when he donates to her on patreon because then he gets a badge and she sometimes even likes his tweet and says something to him), and so on.

>> No.5049934

>>5049924
>I can imagine him sitting there hatewatching every last one of them religiously

They do have issues.

Retro collector (posts pics of collection on forum): "Show off your collection guys! Love to see what you have and what you've picked up."

An emulator appears: "Stupid dumb manchild fag. Enjoy paying for all that plastic while i emulate for freeeeee! Does it make you mad that I'm playing these games for freeeeee. Makes you mad, huh? Tell me it makes you mad!"

or

Poster on forum: "Hey guys, looking to start a TG16 library. Any game recs?"

An emulator appears: ">buying games. Just emulate, bro."

>> No.5050224

what would stop someone from making a retro gaming youtube channel and just printing all the box art and using donor cases to fill your shelf in the background, then just use emulation footage for everything?

>> No.5050280

>>5049501
By all means, big smart fellow, drop some blackpilled truth on us. Hell, don't just teach us the truth about video game copyrights; pull back the curtain on the larger mysteries of life as well. What heretofore unknown metaphysical assumptions might underlie your shrewd take on video game emulation? I'm not man enough to stare into the abyss myself.

>> No.5050313

>>5050280
yams

>> No.5050548

>>5049632
>collectors called out for wasting money on dumb shit
>"w-what are you, poor?"
every time

>> No.5050574

>>5048901
>Flash carts are somewhat new to the scene.
lolno

>> No.5050619
File: 51 KB, 340x480, 1366812127265.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5049892
>Oh, a video endorsing flashcarts from a relatively large "collector fag" channel.
Oh look, the channel that says Sega Saturn emulators slowdown on games like Panzer Dragoon Zwei, despite that being total horseshit, and in that video Try states he can't commit to a game having access to so many ROMS, which typical collector fag bullshit. Real experts you got there.
>>5049924
>Collector needs to come up with this much of an elaborate fucking fantasy to not look like a retard
>N-N-NO U HAVE PROBLEMS!
Holy shit, you faggots should probably spend your money on a doctor instead of games.
>>5049934
I can strawman too, reddit.
>A collector fag appears: "Stupid dumb manchild poorfag. Enjoy wasting all that hard drive space while I pay for the real thing! Does it make you mad that I'm playing these games ACCURATELY. Makes you mad, huh? Tell me it makes you mad!"

>> No.5050821

>>5049321
>selling half a game for $60 and having you shell out $100 for the full version
Haven't games been 60$ forever even though inflation has halved the value of money?

>> No.5050875

>>5049531
Wow, that dude isn't gay?

>> No.5050898

>>5049531
Add a third panel for the big-dicked flashcart/burned media users.

>> No.5050936

>>5050619
>can't commit to a game having access to so many ROMS
I can kinda get behind this reason desu

>> No.5051359

>>5049668

Just checked the issues section, apparently it's my modded PAL console that's the issue as I'm getting the coloured mess crash described in one post. I'll just have to hope he fixes it I guess.

>> No.5051380
File: 1.88 MB, 940x529, CavernousDishonestAmphibian-size_restricted.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5050821
>halved
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. It's worse than that, far far worse. Compare the price of housing and education for a better look at it and realize that """""""inflation""""""" is theft.

Games have been largely impervious to inflation because of the size of the audience increasing rapidly, and there is no such thing as a limited product any more. We live in a post-digital-scarcity era, meaning the old supply-and-demand wont work.

>> No.5051391

>>5051380
Yep, they distract us with the manufactured SJW vs alt-right war while the real enemy has always been the 1%

>> No.5051405

>>5051391
No that's just cunts being cunts. Tribalism is inherent and instinctive in humans, and will gravitate to groups even if they don't like them, and it eventually turns into "Me um earth tribe me um hate sun tribe" and we regress to chucking spears at one-another. It's a direct consequence of societies putting too much emphasis on individualism while giving mixed messages on what society expects of people.

>> No.5051439
File: 70 KB, 272x273, really makes me think.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does SA-1 work?

I may sell my Super Everdrive (don't ask) and grab this if so

Want to play Masou Kishin really bad

>> No.5051450

>>5051439
Yes if you use Redguy's firmware.

>> No.5051478

>>5051391
>>5051405

yeah if only everyone was as smart as we are

>> No.5051510

>/vr/ hates collectors
>/vr/ hates JRPGs
Time to trigger you guys HARDCORE.
*ahem*
"I collect JRPGs"

>> No.5051540

>>5051510
Fuck off SuperDerek

>> No.5051545

>>5051540
Yesssssssssss! Successfully triggered!

>> No.5051547

>>5048861
Like I said before, I bought the carts from a gook seller for dirt cheap. I probably paid like 5 bucks each for the games I wanted like Yoshi's Island and Star Fox.
Not sure how much Doom for SNES goes for, but seems like a meme and there's really no reason to buy or play it.
I guess it all comes down to whether you're a completionist and need to be able to play every game or not, or your personal taste and what you want to play.

>> No.5051556

>>5050574
He's right you know. He's been around two whole summers and is still new to the scene. Flash carts have been around ~10x that long so are somewhat new to the scene.

>> No.5051593

>>5051391
>the real enemy has always been the kikes
Just man up and say it.