[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 4 KB, 275x183, download (2).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5043361 No.5043361 [Reply] [Original]

https://twitter.com/snescentral/status/1040686892633731072

>> No.5043365

>>5043361
hoarder dies, autists laughs

>> No.5043437
File: 306 KB, 612x738, 1432261763829.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>contributed heavily to the preservation of video games

>Two are definitely unreleased games.

>> No.5043510

>please donate to help with his expenses

Fuck you sell some of his shit instead

>> No.5043569

>>5043510
Looks like some of the prototypes have been publicly dumped in hopes that some people will donate in appreciation so whether you're sympathetic or not you can still check them out.

>> No.5043574

>>5043361
>a US prototype of Might and Magic 2
Ok, I am officially hyped as fuck.

>> No.5043575 [DELETED] 

The government and healthcare system should take care of it. They can be objective. The idea that healthcare for the poor in the US is getting taken over by kickstarter campaigns and the like is a horrific development, if someone is badly in need they should get funding like any other moderately developed country.

>> No.5043582 [DELETED] 

>>5043575
It's for the funeral expenses and to repair the house and car

>> No.5043587 [DELETED] 

>>5043582
yes, after all the money they spent on medical costs.

>> No.5043598 [DELETED] 

>>5043587
I doubt that's accurate - and he obviously had assets more than adequate to cover what costs he needed to. If health care is completely free it'll be clogged up by freeloaders like in your country, city-state or crumbling commune.

>> No.5043618 [DELETED] 

>>5043587
To be fair in countries with guaranteed healthcare people can wait in line for months or even years to get important shit done, like needing a surgery. The US traded guaranteed healthcare for the opportunity to actually get shit done faster and more people could potentially be saved from a medical crisis. Honestly the best way should be a hybrid of the 2 but that involves making politicians to stop being scummy fucks and that's impossible. Anyways, I really want to see that prototype of BoF2.

>> No.5043623
File: 7 KB, 236x213, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>scalper dies

>> No.5043629

>>5043623
When one falls, two shall take its place.

>> No.5043650 [DELETED] 

>>5043598
>>5043587
>>5043582
>>5043569

Can we please not make this a political discussion on /vr/ that involves someones death? This is a video game board.

>> No.5043660 [DELETED] 

>>5043650
True. No matter your political beliefs, everyone here can unite in hatred of hoarders.

>> No.5043785 [DELETED] 

>>5043575
>Sucks you're grounded and can't sperg out with your /pol/ cucks. Maybe /vr/ could be your /pol/ tonight?

>> No.5043797

A man has died.

>Did he own any legitimate/physical/non-pirated video games?

Yes.

>More than [insert arbitrary number here]?

Yes.

>OOH I'M SO ESRB M FOR MAD, BURN IN HELL MOTHERFUCKING PAYFAG!
>Can you just fucking imagine he actually BOUGHT his video games??
>GRAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

>> No.5043837 [DELETED] 

>>5043618
citation needed. you wait for electives. in the US care is prioritized by wealth, every other modern country prioritizes care by need.

but you know it's so horrible in Canada, UK, Norway, Sweden, Iceland, and Denmark that's why you hear so many horror stories and there's a giant movement to privatize healthcare. oh no wait. that never happens.

>> No.5043872 [DELETED] 

>>5043618
>guaranteed healthcare
Average minimum of 3 months to see doctor (and never on a weekend) is not guaranteed healthcare.

>>5043837
>US healthcare is prioritized by wealth
This coming from a heavily-taxed/heavily-NEETthief retard. Also, citation needed.

>every other modern country prioritizes care by need
Average minimum of 3 months to see doctor (and never on a weekend) is not
prioritizing need. You can see a doctor at almost any time in the US, and you can pick which one you see, too (thanks to the yet fairly-free market healthcare market here).

>there's not a great movement to privatize healthcare
Out-of-touch brainlet https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaoulli_v_Quebec_(AG)

>> No.5043879 [DELETED] 

>>5043837
You don't hear any horror stories about UK's NHS huh? Also don't they euthanize poor people in Denmark? No one is denied care in the US. It's illegal. Poor planning can bankrupt you but you'll still be taken care of. You certainly won't die in the hallways of an emergency room that's too full of freeloaders and underpaid bad doctors.

>> No.5043893 [DELETED] 

>>5043879
>don't they euthanize poor people in Denmark
how else are they going to subsidize the canine brothels for sex tourists

>> No.5043894

>>5043797
>A man has died.
Who cares? Not like there's a shortage of them.

>> No.5043901

>>5043894
nice, you can be next

>> No.5043924

>>5043361
so did he sit on these games until he died and then someone else helped release them or what? the pages linked are from july

>> No.5044084

>>5043924
Which pages are from July? It appears that his family was struggling so someone set up a gofundme page eight days ago and has dumped and publicly released several of the prototypes from his collection to draw attention to the gofundme. This is much better than trying to make the money through private sales and it would be nice to see more of it although sympathy does play a big part in this case.

>> No.5045792 [DELETED] 

>>5043837
>in the US care is prioritized by wealth
I am poor as fuck, but have great insurance. I have had no issues with speedy help. A few months back my boy was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. 2 ambulance rides, and a weekend in the hospital with a one month supply of everything cost me $260. It is not about the wealth of the individual. Wealth has nothing to do with it, or my poor ass and my kid would be dead.

You may be foreign, so I would tell you to butt out of US politics and policies. You may not understand them based on the concept of being a citizen versus being a subject. There is a huge difference, and you can criticize the USA for whatever you want. You simply don't understand, and you are thick with ignorance. Health care is available to 100% of the US population....contrary to what your foreign propaganda (BBC Tax) force feeds you.

As for a go-fund-me.....This clown should have had his shit insured. Not that it would matter, he would never get what it was worth. I would love to know the prognosis of the condition....did the house burn down because of faulty electrical....There is something suspicious about a room full of electronics.....think about all the surge strips....All it takes is one small flame and all that plastic will burn.

>> No.5045820 [DELETED] 

>>5045792
You have your threads crossed, this isn't the fire thread this one is about a collector with life-long medical problems (I'll forego my usual morbid curiosity since this guy was a member of my larger online community) who recently died. The gofundme is for his wife and kid to get their lives somewhat back together without him and like I said before, I think that publicly releasing some of his prototypes to attract donors is a really nice way of handling it.

The commie you're replying to probably thinks $260 is an unacceptable financial obligation to cover prompt comprehensive healthcare though because yuropoor is different from ameripoor and he likely doesn't have two nickels to rub together or a pot to piss in.

>> No.5045828 [DELETED] 
File: 282 KB, 1280x690, Universal_Health_Care_july_2018.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5043837
>>5043879

As someone from Ireland who have a similar system to the NHS in the UK these statements are 100% false.

You do not hear "horror stories about the NHS or Ireland's public health service except when asking for MORE funding.

These comments are 100% false. The NHS is well-regarded in the UK, even among the most right wing people and conservatives none of them shit on the NHS, with the only exception being people who are fat or decide they're trans getting a lot of money for an operation. Otherwise zip. I cannot express that enough, that these posters are completely fabricating this idea. They're just making it up as they go along and assuming that something along those lines must be the case when nothing could be further from the truth. And shame on people for just inventing stuff about such a serious issue.

Here's a graphic showing how widespread universal (free) healthcare is around the globe. The US is practically the only non-third world countries to have it.

>> No.5045829 [DELETED] 

>>5045820
>he gofundme is for his wife and kid to get their lives somewhat back together
I understand and respect the concept of "go fund me" when shit hits the fan. A dweeb losing a collection of plastic shit while he and his family still have their lives is no reason to donate. Anyone that survives a house fire has beaten the odds.

I certainly do see the good that can come of a process like this. I also see where it is abused to fund criminal funerals and other things that are a drain to society.

>> No.5046446

>twatter douchelord with broken Japanese in bio
hate those twats

>> No.5046481

>>5043361
I'm glad the family are releasing the games and if a go fund me gets them to do that, great. Although not sure why they couldn't just sell the games instead.

But why would someone ever knowingly have the only copy of a prototype game, sit on it for years and not release it? What is the point? Even if it's a weird possession thing you can still say you have the only legit physical copy. The only argument against it is it hurts the games value by dumping it but but if you would never sell anyway, what's the point?

>> No.5046864

>>5046481
>Although not sure why they couldn't just sell the games instead.
Has it been stated anywhere that they aren't also going to sell the games? Or maybe he willed the collection to other people in the family who also loved games (which is perfectly within anyone's rights to do and probably what I'll do)?

>> No.5048586

>Sell them
Why? So another dodgeball can sit on them? Trickle them out slowly for gofundme attention. Beats some other greedy autistic from hogging these games.

>> No.5050294

>>5048586
>hogging
just drawing attention to the fact that apparently someone in the world actually thinks like this