[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 568 KB, 878x650, depot.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5019276 No.5019276 [Reply] [Original]

Rom Depot owner here. I had a couple questions for you guys if you could help me out. I haven't done much with the site in a while but I was hoping to get some insight on how to improve it.

The first question is, how slow is the site for you? The hard drive I'm using is on its last leg. The clicking and grinding have actually woken me up at night, so that's no doubt a problem. I install cable professionally and have ensured everything network related is up to par so I'm sure anything speed related is not due to that. To put a stop to server abuse, I've had to put a limit on download speed. Apache has a "burst" mode which allows unlimited speed for a few seconds before limiting it down to a specified speed. I have 22 mbps of upload to work with here so in theory the max download speed on your end would be 2.75 MBps. Not bad considering they're typically small roms. When DOCSIS 3.1 is finally released in my area it'll be a different story. But in the meantime, as it stands, is it unbearable? Do you not use it because of that?

My second question, do you actually use it? According to the counter, I have 50k people who have visited before. I do not count repeat visits based on IP, but of course, IPs can change. There are also bots that are counted in too, but just to get an idea, do any of you use it as your go-to site? If not, why? What do your usual sites offer that you'd like to see mine have?

Thanks

>> No.5019303

I know of it but haven't really used it before.
Am getting 50 KB/s at best though from what I just tested

>> No.5019310

>>5019303
Also why does the browsing site claim the NDS fullset is -0.34GB in size?

>> No.5019315

>>5019303
Ok, that's good to know. Those speed are unacceptable but may I ask what country you're from? And if you're from the US what part of the country?

>> No.5019324

>>5019315
I'm from central europe

>> No.5019326
File: 23 KB, 397x380, 59349318.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Rom Depot user here, i barely knew that there was something like a depot for roms here in the latest posts about the closing of emu sites but since then i used your depot many times and ill have to say that your site its efective direct to the point and if you know what you are looking for great for what it is, also a sugestion may be put a link to a screenshot next to the actual game, but thanks for a great site.

>> No.5019328

>>5019310
That's a good question. I never noticed that. According to Windows it should be close to 8GB. I'll have to look into that.

>> No.5019331

>>5019276
I remember you, but I'd forgotten until now. I think I have all the romsets I require but I'll still use your site for any I missed and need in the future, now that emuparadise is kil.

>> No.5019339

>>5019326

I could consider that. The first idea I get is to have it do a google image search based on the title of the game and use the first image it finds on the game. I couldn't possibly download a screenshot of every game as that would take ages. But if I could at least give the user an idea of what they're downloading, it might help. Though it could be completely wrong too and that would be the opposite of what I'm trying to do. Maybe if I had a little disclaimer that explained how I got the images, it would let users know to take the screenshots with a grain of salt. I'll look into it

>> No.5019343

>>5019324

Thats good to know. With you being that far from central US, it's hard to say how that's affecting speeds. A lot of factors to consider. I know with the HDD I'm using now, it's really putting a damper on everything. I'm going to work on getting that up but it'll have to wait until I get the new drive.

>> No.5019357

>>5019343
Well since this guy seems to not have any complaints I guess my position does make a big difference as expected
>>5019326
Your connection might not be good enough to provide a fast connection internationally. Nonetheless it's still a good thing you're hosting this for the people in the US.

>> No.5019359

>>5019276
You are missing a lot of the Nintendo roms

>> No.5019369

I have it bookmarked but I don't really use it much since I have full sets of most systems, nevertheless i'm glad you're running this site since I might find it useful in the future.
A section for translated games would be neat since it's pretty hard to keep track of what's been translated for which system. As for connection speed i'm getting 50kb/s at the moment, i'm in the netherlands on a fairly fast line.

>> No.5019370

I'm from the east coast USA, getting about 70 KB/s. It was equally slow several months ago when I was living in the midwest. That said, physical distance shouldn't have much effect on download speed other than the initial latency.

>> No.5019373

Let me give something a shot here. I'm going to remove the burst limit and see if your speeds increase. Could someone give it another shot and see if your speeds are affected?

>> No.5019376

>>5019373
It's >>5019369 here, download dropped (i guess because you changed the settings) and now i'm getting between 40-60kb/s, previously the speed was very constant and now it's varying a lot more.

>> No.5019379

>>5019376
Same, just varies more. From 70 to 30

>> No.5019386

In central US and speed is like 50 kb/s. dips down to 20kb/s.

i really appreciate the work you've put into that site, would be really rad if download speeds improved.

I don't use it anymore tho because it's too slow and it's too unreliable. The site is often down.

>> No.5019392

>>5019376
Now i'm getting up to 120kb/s, but again it varies a huge amount (currently down to 50 again)

>> No.5019394

>>5019376
>>5019379
>>5019386
>>5019392

Ugh, none of this is good. Even with a shoddy drive it shouldn't be that bad. I'm even dropping remote desktop connection from time to time. Theres a lot of server abuse thats been going on for months now. The best solution I have to stop it is either banning those IPs (which only works for a few days), or limiting the download speed through apache. I can't tell if they're dos attacks or just generic bots. Either way I need to find a solution for it. I've worked on it for a while but I never find a solid solution. I'm going to keep at it though. The server may be on and off for the next little while. Just a heads up.

>> No.5019398

>>5019386
Turns out when windows has an update, it decides to disable my ethernet driver. The last thing you want on a server. I'm highly considering switching to linux. I have a spare unused 1tb HDD I'm tempted to throw linux on. And if it doesnt work, I can always just pop the other one back in. The roms are contained on a spereate 5 tb HDD. Thats the one that will be replaced before it craps out completely.

>> No.5019408

>>5019394
Add Captcha to download? It's annoying, sure, but it would likely solve a lot of bot-trouble.

>> No.5019413

>>5019408
So this is really interesting. Looks like the web server isn't the thing being abused. I've completely shut down apache, yet I'm still uploading at a full 25 mbps. Through lsass.exe. This is interesting. I'm kind of done with windows and though itll take me a while, I'm thinking of switching to a linux distro. I'm going to try to find a solution to this first and see where it goes. Otherwise I know what my weekend will be spent doing.

>> No.5019414

I've been a long time user of other sites (edgeemu and emuparadise) so I never felt a need to stray. I'll probably start using the depot knowing there is a nice DOS collection sitting there, though. Tested downloading Alone in the Dark 2, 11mb in a little under 60 seconds. Testing a 110mb PSX file and it looks like it will be about 15 minutes. I'd give you exact speeds but I'm on android and it isn't displaying that info.

Either way the speed is acceptable for me, I also like the very simple directory layout. Midwest/US btw. Best of luck correcting the drive and bot issues, thank you for the no-BS site.

>> No.5019416

>>5019413
You must have the Windows "Delivery Optimisation" on, which is uploading Windows updates to other Windows users.

>> No.5019417

>>5019394
i dont know shit about servers or anything but the-eye.eu only allows 2 downloads at a time per user, maybe something like that would help.

>>5019398
that sucks. i have a windows VPS for an instagram autoposter thing i use for my business and it's always updating and fucking shit up.

>> No.5019421

>>5019416
I'm on server 2012 so it looks like it doesn't have that feature.

>> No.5019425

I used it a lot until April or May, I think. I posted this is a prior thread, but I stopped using it because I had a problem when downloading large files: no matter how big the file was, the download would always stop once it hit exactly 136 MB. I tried many different isos, and they would always get cut once I downloaded the first 136 MB.

My use of your site was to download rare NTSC-J games, some of which I couldn't find anywhere else, except for a few scattered torrents here and there, and even those torrents didn't have every NTSC-J game. Two examples that I've managed to download off your site (before the problem I mentioned above) were Aura Battler Dunbine and VOTOMS - Lightning Slash (I think it was that one). Because of the download problem, I kinda forgot about your website until now, and was downloading stuff off Loveroms, which closed down a few weeks ago.

>> No.5019427

>>5019425
I meant PSX NTSC-J games, of course

>> No.5019429

>>5019276
Is there any chance you could source a complete collection of PSX demo discs?

>> No.5019432 [DELETED] 

HEADS UP: I'm going to be disabling the server for a majority of the site to embark on this linux endeavour. For the life of me I cannot figure out why the server is continously abused. I've check integrity of lsass.exe and it seems fine. I've disabled my VPN and apache to see if the abuse is coming from there. The main boot drive and ROM drive will be removed so theres no chance of them being affected. I think linux is a better way to go and may be harder to abuse. If anyone has any suggestions as far as security and configuration goes, I'm all ears. I've been wanting to make this switch for a while now but I've just now got the time to do it. Sorry about the down time. We'll give this a shot and see if we get any improvement when I'm down. Otherwise, I'll pop the old drives in and we'll be back to normal.

>> No.5019434

>>5019276
The speeds are alright please don't stress over it.
>My second question, do you actually use it?
Yes again i don't have time to play since work but i will be using it regularly this winter.
Please dont colse down you are doing gods work.

>> No.5019437

By the way, are you doing anything to prevent getting fucked by certain companies legally for this?
Now I know your site is much smaller in scale in will likely fly under the radar but not even the whois data of your domain is anonymous

>> No.5019438

HEADS UP: I'm going to be disabling the server for a majority of the day to embark on this linux endeavor. For the life of me I cannot figure out why the server is continuously abused. I've check integrity of lsass.exe and it seems fine. I've disabled my VPN and apache to see if the abuse is coming from there. The main boot drive and ROM drive will be removed so theres no chance of them being affected. I think linux is a better way to go and may be harder to abuse. If anyone has any suggestions as far as security and configuration goes, I'm all ears. I've been wanting to make this switch for a while now but I've just now got the time to do it. Sorry about the downtime. We'll give this a shot and see if we get any improvement when I'm down. Otherwise, I'll pop the old drives in and we'll be back to normal.

>> No.5019442

>>5019438
Godspeed.

>> No.5019445

>>5019438
>suggestions
Don't ever go into /g/ to ask for help, they'll tell you to install Gentoo or rice your desktop with Arch Linux.

>> No.5019452

>>5019438
Xubuntu is the best one. Lightweight, easy to use, secure, resembles windows in operation.

>> No.5019454

>>5019452
I was thinking ubuntu simply because of how much support it has. Any opposition to that?

>> No.5019464

>>5019276
I don't know what that is. I've been torrenting my ROMs since 2003.

>> No.5019476

I was wondering if you would strike while the emuparadise iron is hot

Turns out, yes, yes you would.
Goodjob

>> No.5019479

>>5019454
Most servers use Debian, but Ubuntu is the second most-used, I think. For how simple your service is, I don't think you need anything else. Go Ubuntu Server. I don't remember if it has the same issues as the desktop version, but I remember reading somewhere that Ubuntu had telemetry built into it or something (or was it one of the window managers?). Try to look for that.

Anyway, good luck. I've been thinking about setting up a file server in my country too, we don't have any in-country server to download ROMs from. Maybe I'll finally get into it.

>> No.5019483

>>5019343
I have no idea of your budget for essentially a free resource, but a lot of times the government auction sites have old servers for cheap. Might or might not be worth it to you depending.

>> No.5019553

>>5019479
I ended up going with debian. Ubunutu server was refusing to configure my static IP correctly though I'm 100% sure the information was correct. Debians working like a champ so far and I've used it in the past. The only reason I switched in the first place was to host game servers, which I don't do anymore.

>> No.5019598

>>5019276
I used to use it a lot like two years ago, nowadays I downloaded some roms on my new pc like a month ago and plan to get more later if possible.
Don't you dare to scrap the site, please

>> No.5019659
File: 3.34 MB, 1952x3599, 1535918488108.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5019276
hey,
dev for a huge international company everyone in this thread uses on a daily basis.

Just some advice:
>harddrive
its probably fucked because of your DB. You should have a cron script that dumps the DB into an in memory solution. 50k users a day doing queries on your DB is insane.
>ghetto cdn
separate the webserver from your content server if it isn't already
>ips
stop logging these! What happens if Nintendos lawyers asks for logs? or worse, they hire someone to enter your personal server and get the info that way.

suggestion:
encourage people to use http://retroshare.us/
This would help relieve your burden as well as keep nintedo off your ass

>request
better language search tools. For example, if I want to play Final Fantasy in Chinese, it would be nice to search that way.

>> No.5019698

Anyone thought of using something like IPFS for files?
https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmYwF6H9HpuKCsn3EQzSwyPCuN5mYe1egvy2854KvvJ9R3
I've uploaded some stuff that can be easily accessed from their web front end.

>> No.5019701 [DELETED] 

>>5019276
Reporting your ass to Nintendo, hope you have some money saved up

>> No.5019713

>>5019454
Xubuntu is Ubuntu.
Linux has diferent DE (Desktop environments) you can choose from, most of them are comprised of a panel (On windows, that's where the window bar/start menu/ tray bar are), a window manager (Harder to explain with windows analogues, but without it your windows will be impossible to move and swapping from one to the other mayt be impossible) and a few other things, think ofthem as alternate explorer.exe's.
Xubuntu ships with XFCE4 instead of Ubuntu's unity, which is shitty and has the aforemontioned telemetry shit.
TL;DR you can receive ubuntu support on xubuntu because it's just the same OS with different software installed by default. Go xubuntu, XFCE is much better than unity.

>> No.5019714 [DELETED] 
File: 568 KB, 704x864, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5019701

>> No.5019720

>>5019454
I'd argue that using Debian or the server optimized version of Ubuntu would be your best bet. Running a GUI desktop is just a waste of resources on a server.
>>5019713
Not that it matters, but I don't think modern ubuntu ships with Unity as it's default. I think it's all Gnome now.

>> No.5019723

Add DSiWare (the 2018 set) and the sets not covered by No Intro: TOSEC images for disks on MSX, FM Towns + NeoKobe for PC-98 / 88.

Mirror romhacking.net patches and translations exclusives to romsites.
Add as much homebrew as you can, there's still no single place to get it from.
There are some more revisions not covered by No Intro (the Virtual Console versions of SNES games) that should be interesting to have.
Add something for emulators and SDKs.
For each game: manuals and cheat codes it needs.

>> No.5019724

>>5019723
+ combine different versions of the same game under one single entry. that makes it much easier.

>> No.5019740

Is the site down now?

>> No.5019748

>>5019740
Yes, currently reconfiguring the server. It'll be down for a while. Sorry about that

>> No.5019753

>>5019748
Any Wii games?

>> No.5019763

>>5019748
No worries. Thanks! I went to check out the site so I was just curious.

>> No.5019774 [DELETED] 

>>5019714
If the servers are in a country they can't touch they can't do anything
Your are such a stupid fucking nigger fagget

>> No.5019776 [DELETED] 

>>5019774
>t.stupid fucking nigger faggot

>> No.5019785

>>5019276
Do you have any historic stats on your uptime? I have possibly false memories of your site not working once you disappeared.

>> No.5019786

>>5019276
attempting to download large files causes the download to pause after about 2mb - 10mb. I have always been able to resume and eventually complete it, but after basically having to go to another site to download a multidisk game I basically just decided to use that site instead.

>> No.5019789 [DELETED] 

>>5019785
I don't, though I should. When I "disappeared", I just stopped frequenting vr for a while. I was in the middle of chanting jobs. The server should have been up during that time but I've been having loads of problems lately I'm finally trying to iron out.

>> No.5019794

>>5019785
I don't, though I should. When I "disappeared", I just stopped frequenting vr for a while. I was in the middle of changing jobs. The server should have been up during that time but I've been having loads of problems lately I'm finally trying to iron out.

>> No.5019798

>>5019786
I'm working on that now. Doing a complete overhaul. Trying a linux distro now and reconfiguring everything from scratch. The biggest problem has been server abuse. Running Windows server 2012 has caused many issues. No wonder everyone uses linux for this kind of thing. Give me some time and hopefully these issues will be resolved.

>> No.5019815

>it's been getting spammed by bots or ddos
You're a ROM site. Not one big enough to sue, but they probably sicced the script kiddie corps on you for sharing ROMs. Limit connections and speed per IP, limit number of IPs that can connect, it's not like you can go with cloudflare.

Also, when banning abusive IP's, don't just ban the IP. Check the IP pool from the ISP that IP was taken from, and ban the entire range or ranges used by that ISP. Otherwise your attacker just gets a fresh IP and keeps attacking. If you are worried about banning too many innocent people, make the blanket ban 72 hours or something.

>> No.5019826

Hi! User here.
I remember using the site a couple of times back when you first announced it. I was a little discouraged seeing how incomplete some sets were but seeing how it's kind of a "fan site" and a solo effort from you, the sole fact you manage to make this work is commendable enough, it's more than any of us could hope accomplish.

I think I already have every full romset I could ever want in the future but surely I'll use your site in the future anyways, it's a great effort and nice idea.

If I had any suggestions, one would be to have a Translation category or something like that for prepatched roms.
Idk why it hasn't been done before in any rom site but if there's a reason, I honestly don't know it.

>> No.5019837

>>5019394
Have you considered hosting a torrent tracker for full rom sets instead? I'd happily seed some rom sets to help distribute the load. Sorry if this comes off as smug, given that, you know, you already built the website, but I've always found downloading full rom sets so much more convenient and a torrent tracker would solve most of the issues you're describing here.

>> No.5019839

>>5019837
Seconding this, I would gladly seed indefinitely.

>> No.5019851
File: 27 KB, 600x322, 812e934ebd19c7db9167d63ee2f83029a8c15bbe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5019276
HEY, how the hell can we be so sure that this is not some type of epic chain yanking? TIMESTAMP!

>> No.5019861 [DELETED] 

>>5019701
2nded the more of that report this answer the sooner he gets taken to court

>> No.5019862 [DELETED] 

>>5019861
Fuck off Nintentoddler! Its idiots like you who defend the DMCA in whole

>> No.5019868

>>5019276
Site is down. Good job, OP.

>> No.5019872

>>5019868
Screenshot please! I don't take your damn word.

>> No.5019878
File: 51 KB, 1366x736, Capture.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5019872
Now shit is just 403.

>> No.5019890

>>5019826
Not OP but I would like sites to focus on providing completely clean dumps than doing fan hacks, especially mixing them in together. I just want to navigate to the game without confusion and download a genuine original with a peace of mind. Not picking from 20 different releases with slightly different filenames where I would have to consult a glossary to know what the fuck they meant.

>> No.5019894

>>5019890
This is what No-Intro was for. However, I still have to weed out all the regions I don't want or need and also the different variations.

>> No.5019896

>>5019878
I know, i'm working on some stuff right now. Migrating everything over to a linux server for better security and speed.

>> No.5019897 [DELETED] 

>>5019862
Get a job kiddo and pay for your things like the rest of us. Hope OP ends up behind bars like the other pirates.

>> No.5019904 [DELETED] 
File: 393 KB, 493x342, 1535887187447.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5019897
>Kiddo
>me
Fuck off DMCA apologist. Keep on barking at the end of your chain held by Koizumi!

>> No.5019906 [DELETED] 

>>5019897
Pay no mind to this moron, OP.

>> No.5019907 [DELETED] 

>>5019897
im downloading an entire rom set right now stay mad you fucking queer

>> No.5019914 [DELETED] 
File: 52 KB, 600x259, Capture.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5019907
I recently downloaded all of these (No-Intro) because fuck if I won't have them later down the line.

>> No.5019918 [DELETED] 

>>5019907
just one?

>>5019914
everyone should have the entirety of no-intro minus the bigger carts (DS, 3DS, Switch)
shit's 35 gigs

>> No.5019945

>>5019276
Went you to after emuparadise went to to finish my rom collection.

getting 50kb/sec and the connection drops every 45 minutes or so and i have to force resume the download or in case of jdownloader i have to restart the app. I'm in Midwestern US.

Honestly I know what im looking for when i go there so imo keep it as basic as possible, im a huge fan of minimalist things though.

>> No.5019948 [DELETED] 

>>5019276
reporting your ass

>> No.5019991

Why can't I access the site?

>> No.5019992 [DELETED] 

>>5019948
fag

Also I get a 403 error..

>> No.5019995 [DELETED] 

>>5019276
>The clicking and grinding have actually woken me up at night
Good god, I hope you have backups.

>>5019948
Penetrating your mothers arse.

>> No.5019998 [DELETED] 

>>5019991
Reported to Nintendo
https://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp#report_roms
Help us

>> No.5020001 [DELETED] 

>>5019998
>To report ROM sites, emulators, Game Copiers, Counterfeit manufacturing, or other illegal activities, please call us at 1-80 0-2 55-370 0 or e-mail us at piracyscene @ noa.nintendo
.com

>> No.5020043 [DELETED] 

>>5019948
How lovely it is to see your pettiness prevail over OP's generosity. I hope spoiling everyone's fun gave your dweeby, limp-wristed, ressentiment-addled self a small consolatory orgasm. The thought of eveyone else having fun while you're not is unbearable to you, isn't it, so you go and tell the principal. What a good boy you are.

>> No.5020060 [DELETED] 

>>5020043
Pirates deserve to be punished it is illegal and it degrades the existing product. These kids need to learn the worth of a dollar and the work that goes into making one.

>> No.5020068 [DELETED] 

>>5020060
You're either dumb as hell or a boring troll.

>> No.5020073 [DELETED] 

>>5020060
Like seriously. Did your father beat you up as a kid? Most people who emulate do support the industry with their money in other ways; and buying an overpriced used copy of Earthbound instead of emulating it is precisely what it means to not know the worth of a dollar.

>> No.5020076 [DELETED] 

>>5020068
And you're little pirate site got taken down for illegal activity

>> No.5020090 [DELETED] 

>>5020076
Who do you think you're talking to? Your dumb mom? Words like "pirate" and "illegal" aren't scare words in these parts.

>> No.5020097 [DELETED] 

>>5020090
They are to the people behind the websites. Get rekt little pirate boy. Your kind are a scourge and the reason why we have laws against this depravity.

>> No.5020104 [DELETED] 

>>5020097
Honestly, this seems to be a pattern among staunch anti-piracy guys: you're clearly a dumb and mean-spirited man. Seriously. I have yet to meet one of you who is capable of civilized discussion about the topic. Get fucked.

>> No.5020105 [DELETED] 
File: 9 KB, 379x374, seriously?.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5019948
>>5019998
But why though?

>> No.5020108 [DELETED] 

>>5020104
Maybe you will understand when you actually become a contributing member of society

>> No.5020117 [DELETED] 

>>5020108
Seriously man. Look at yourself. Look at this moralistic pap you're typing. You sound like someone's frigid mom.

>> No.5020128
File: 6 KB, 427x152, vvcap 2018-09-03-00-17-35.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OP, please let me enter.

>> No.5020130 [DELETED] 

>>5020128
>https://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp#report_roms

>> No.5020134 [DELETED] 

>>5020130
Get bored already

>> No.5020135 [DELETED] 
File: 34 KB, 600x600, 1300044776986.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5020097
You do realize that most people would buy these games if they were sold by Nintendo through an updated Virtual Console containing the entire library a lá iTunes/Steam? You do realize these games don't exist anymore because lesser known obscure titles aren't given attention like Zelda and Mario re-release #3958021? You do realize that even the few Zelda and Mario copies left won't be accessible to everyone in the secondhand market because of limited quantities and scalpers? You do realize physical copies deteriorate over time through bitrot? You do realize that Nintendo no longer makes profits on these games considering they have been out of circulation way before your autistic zoomer ass was conceived? You do realize that these roms are sometimes fan made translations for English speakers since they were Japan only releases? You do realize emulation is legal? You do realize that, again, with the exception of the 20 out of thousand plus library of titles that are available on the NES and SNES mini, that Nintendo is not making money off these titles? You do realize that you're acting out in behalf over a tax avoiding Yakuza controlled corporation that does not pay you or care for your interests? You do realize that this self-righteous act is the equivalent of going to a casino and rooting for the dealer against the common man? You do realize you're a tremendous underageb& faggot who probably didn't get that analogy?

>> No.5020145 [DELETED] 

OP here, again the site is down to maintenance and will be a majority of the night. It's a lot of work to redo everything from the ground up. As for the anti-piraters, don't provoke them please. I understand their concerns and agree with them in some aspect. People worked hard to make these games we all love. But on the other hand, if paying for them was the only option, would we actually pay for money for a 20+ year old game this day in age? Probably not, so they wouldn't see the money anyway if that were the case. I'm confident the original programmers don't see that money anymore and have been paid for their work already.

That's why I feel justified in doing this. I don't think it helps anyone other than the giant corporations that already have more money than they know what to do with. They have their opinions and they're going to stick by it. Don't fault them for doing what they think is right. The best you can do is present an argument and hope they agree. All I ask is that the anti-piraters try to see it from the other perspective. I'm sure they've bought all the games they want to play that I provide on my site so maybe that's what makes them so upset. You're just getting it handed to you while they've spent their hard earned money on it. That might make me kind of mad too. But if I spent my money on it 20 years ago, I wouldn't care at this point. If I bought it on ebay, the programmers wouldn't see that money either. You can either help the big corporations by repurchasing games off their online marketplace where the original programmers don't get compensated, or you can revive the game's memory by enjoying it now. Maybe you found a great game you never played as a kid and whether the programmer knows it or not, they still did what they set out to do all that time ago. To entertain you with a great game they worked hard on.

Maybe I'm way off the mark here but I still don't think allowing people to play ancient games isn't the worst thing I could be doing

>> No.5020173

>>5019437
Nice try, FBI

>> No.5020174 [DELETED] 

>>5020135
You do realize none of that matters because it is still against the law? I'm linking all of these threads to r/Nintendo so thank you all for making all of these sites public.

>> No.5020180 [DELETED] 

>>5020174
Do you know how laws are made, you magnificent dumb fuck?

>> No.5020184 [DELETED] 

>>5020180
What does that have to do with piracy being illegal? Go ahead and wax poetic all you want. It won't stop these idiots from being sent cease and desist letters and eventually being taken to court if they don't comply. One day you'll grow out of your little teenage mindset and see things for how they actually work. Until then enjoy rereading Atlas Shrugged for the 12th time.

>> No.5020187 [DELETED] 
File: 102 KB, 200x200, bravo.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5020174
>r/Nintendo
Damn what a fool I was. 8/10 you got me, but you could've had me on the hook longer if you didn't give yourself away like that. Bravo. Best I've seen in a while.

>> No.5020189 [DELETED] 

>>5019918
You can get an 8tb external for $60 these days, there's no excuse.

>> No.5020196 [DELETED] 

>>5020189
The download speed from many sources these days are no excuse.

>> No.5020209 [DELETED] 

I *do* know how things actually work, you utter retard. Intellectual property laws have a long history of abuse. They do - they have always done - more damage than they do good. Culture thrives in spite, not because, of such laws.

Atlas Shrugged? Try Stirner or Nietzsche instead. Try Austrian economics at large. I'm no pinko and I'm no edgy Randian kid. I'm probably more reactionary than you in my convictions. But who am I kiddng, you don't have any convictions. You just have a stick up your ass.

>> No.5020213 [DELETED] 

>>5020187
Haha fuck I got trolled. Oh well. Best regards everybody.

>> No.5020218 [DELETED] 
File: 192 KB, 270x268, datawhat.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5020187
i dont think he was kidding. i cant access the rom depot anymore. i was just about to check the speed, oh well.

>> No.5020226 [DELETED] 

>>5020218
OP here, down for maintenance. It'll be down a while.

>> No.5020228 [DELETED] 

>>5020226
It better be down for a good "while" unless you want Nintendo coming after you thanks to the snitch

>> No.5020232 [DELETED] 

>>5020228
I've been considering removing nintendo roms. Too much heat right now

>> No.5020239 [DELETED] 

>>5020232
Do not go gentle into that good night. If you must, keep them handy for when the time comes again.

>>5020228
That was a larper. Then again, it won't be long before actual Nintenyearolds start sniffing around.

>> No.5020243 [DELETED] 

>>5020239
Oh I'll keep them, I'm just thinking about moving them off the site for a while.

>> No.5020263 [DELETED] 

>>5020209
>I *do* know how things actually work, you utter retard.
You don't know how to reply to a post.

>> No.5020265 [DELETED] 

>>5020263
Yeah damn, you got me there.

>> No.5020337 [DELETED] 

>>5020232
Don't be a pussy. Sites from the 90s are still up, and their Domain is in the USA.

>> No.5020416

Don't use fucking Apache in 2018. nginx has been the better choice of httpd for the last decade

>> No.5020424

>>5020416
I've been thinking about it. I haven't configured anything as far as the web server goes yet. I've used nginx in the past and it worked well for me. Can't remember why I switched. I'll use nginx for the new configuration.

>> No.5020525 [DELETED] 

>>5019897
>kiddo
Every post on this board with "kiddo" in it is always such a nerdlet.

>pay for things
Paying for internet makes me think I should something useful from it. If I had to pay $20+ a month just to talk to chantards, Plebbit babies or watch YouTube cancer, I'd cancel the internet subscription tomorrow.

>> No.5020636 [DELETED] 

>>5020105
For (you)s
Otherwise their posts are "extremely low quality"

>> No.5020964 [DELETED] 

>>5020174
In the end, why did he bother with this gay larp? I genuinely don't understand people who do this kind of shit 'as a joke'. All he succeeded in doing was looking like a prick for a little while, what was the point?

>> No.5020972

>>5019276
I haven't been there in a while since I already have everything I need but I did use it once to get my PS1 games. It may be my go-to site now that Emuparadise is dead.

>> No.5021049 [DELETED] 

>>5020964
I guess he enjoys some good old fashioned funposting.

>> No.5021058 [DELETED] 

>>5020173
I was asking that out of genuine concern.
Whois information isn't anything hard to access either.

pastebin.com/VZW2Ktch

The fact that i have to pastebin the link just to get around thew spam filter is fucking ridiculous by the way

>> No.5021071 [DELETED] 

>>5021058
Reported

>>5019276
Reported

Reported to Nintendo
https://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp#report_roms
Help us

>> No.5021073

>>5019276
I can see you glowing from here, you CIA nog.

>> No.5021081 [DELETED] 
File: 200 KB, 1239x795, exit bag.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5021071
>Help us
No need to thank me anon.

>> No.5021089 [DELETED] 

>>5021081
saved in case I need it

>> No.5021093 [DELETED] 
File: 77 KB, 948x1088, 21312413.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5021081
Presuming I have $101...

>> No.5021098

>>5019276
50kbps

>> No.5021105 [DELETED] 

>>5021093
Just steal the money, cops can't arrest you if you're dead.

>> No.5021279 [DELETED] 

Reminder to report all pirates to Nintendo

>> No.5021280 [DELETED] 

>>5021279
Reminder to report all trolls to Mods

>> No.5021301 [DELETED] 

>>5021280
This site does not support illegal activity, read the rules

>> No.5021510

>>5021280
The internet is in a sad state of affairs if a moron like that is considered a 'troll' nowadays.

>> No.5021518
File: 12 KB, 936x267, vvcap 2018-09-03-17-56-41.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5019276
>The first question is, how slow is the site for you?

"Can't even enter" kind of slow.

>> No.5021519

>>5019276

I referred all my friends to your site even before the latest wave of shutdowns. I really appreciate what you do.

>> No.5021527

>>5021518
Read the thread.
>>5019276
Didn't know about your site. Ill check it when its back up. Hows your japanese dreamcast selection?

>> No.5021530

>>5019276
Call me when you have some PS1/PS2 Japanese releases and FM-Towns/Sharp68k/PC-88/98 rips.

And when you remove that shitty amateur looking NES cart that serves the twofold purpose of painting you like a "le retro vidya XD" hipster and putting a huge "pls intimidate me Nintendo-san" all over your head.

>> No.5021546

>>5021530
>PS1/PS2 Japanese releases and FM-Towns/Sharp68k/PC-88/98 rips
Now who's the real hipster

>> No.5021548

>>5021530
>And when you remove that shitty amateur looking NES cart that serves the twofold purpose of painting you like a "le retro vidya XD" hipster and putting a huge "pls intimidate me Nintendo-san" all over your head.

If you're going to tell him to remove it, provide an idea of something to replace it with you dimwit, its fine eitherway, you just have autism

>> No.5021558

>>5021548
A series of 1 and 0s. Or some hidden hexadecimal ascii message that he finds funny.

>> No.5021607

>>5021530
So much projection. Who even gives a shit about the site's aesthetics? I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that "call", ya ungrateful cunt.

>> No.5021691

>>5021558
yikes

>> No.5021795

>>5021548
A stencil of a hu-card? Nobody's gonna be up in arms over that use of trademarked imagery.

>> No.5021801

>>5021279
Reminder to use the exit bag at your earliest convenience. Now, if possible.

>> No.5021848

>>5019276
Can you be the new EmuParadise now that they've chicken'd out?

>> No.5021858

OP, you should use a trip, just to know when it is you that's talking and not some asshole.

Also, godspeed.

>> No.5021947

OP here. I've got everything half way working. Theres a lot of broken stuff right now but the site should be accessable for the time being. What are the download speeds like now?

>> No.5021963

>>5021947
I'm getting about 150KB/s

btw it's not as pertinent as we're on /vr/ but I'd like to see some newer stuff hosted eventually, 6th or 7th gen and the like, right now some titles on those can be a complete bitch to get.

>> No.5021996

>>5021963
Don't forget DOS games. A good lot of them were on EP.

>> No.5022008

I just downloaded OoT 1.0.rar and it won't work on the Zelda Randomizer wtf

>> No.5022019

>>5021996
Definitely, it would also be nice to have a more robust romhack section as well, especially using something like an api to track changes. As someone who is lazy as shit that would definitely be an easier way to get more people interested in the site and potentially bring donations to support site improvements.

>> No.5022025

I don't know anything about any of this technical stuff, but I just want to thank you for doing what you do! Seriously, that is some selfless, altruistic stuff you're doing my man.
On a related and more pessimistic note, do you get worried about getting sued?

>> No.5022047

>>5021530
why are you like this

>> No.5022048

Hey OP, how about using nointro/redump dat files and and using a script to scan for files hosted on your server and if found it hyperlinks to it on the master list. That way we would have a way to view to see which games are available or unavailable. If designed to parse the dat and generate a list directly it would make it easy to throw in new dat files and have the updated list of games to keep track of what is hosted and what is missing.

>> No.5022056

>>5022047
His dad him him a lot and now he has to yell at strangers on the internet to feel like he matters.
he doesn't

>> No.5022060

>>5021996
There is an extensive DOS section already

>> No.5022204

hey OP im new to emus but why do I get 2 dozen z64 files when I unzip? All other roms ive gotten have had just 1

>> No.5022279

>>5022204

Not OP but I can answer. They're different dumps of the same game or romhacks. Verified good dumps have [!] in their name so that's what you'll want. If it's a foreign game there may be a translation which is denoted by [T], usually followed by the translation's name. The capital T is important, a lowercase t has a different meaning.

>> No.5022317

>>5019815
Probably this. OP> You're running a web and file server on a cable connection when most of the first world on fibre. You're gonna overload your limited bandwidth.

>> No.5022571

>>5019276
>watching the Pokemon marathon
>getting the itch
>give Rom Depot a try
>no results for HeartGold USA
ya had one job

>> No.5023763

404?

>> No.5023767

>>5023763
Reported to Nintendo

>> No.5023778

>>5022571
>>5023763
Read the threat ya nincompoops

>> No.5023783

>>5023763
Yea I broke the server, working on getting it back up now. Sorry.

>> No.5023789

The home page takes forever to load, so I go straight to the rom page from the Google search results. It's been my go-to since the purge, but I'm afraid posting a thread about it will give it unwanted attention

>> No.5023839 [DELETED] 

>>5023783
It's back up, who knew installing a mail server would break a webserver. It reset a really obscure php setting that broke everything.

>> No.5023903 [DELETED] 

>>5019276
>ohaiguise amma tard be run teh romz sight on muh momma dsl wut du?
kys? Figuratively. Or literally if you literally want to literally do it. Anything that spares us from the pathetic blogging and ass licking that you shilling your shit site and the ass lickers who follow you on 4chan. We need to amend global rule 2 to account for mental age.

>> No.5023904

>>5023903
Why bother posting?

>> No.5023906

>>5021530
I guess you better start designing your own website you fucking worm.

>> No.5023926

>>5023906
That anon is long-gone so I'll give you the (you) instead.

>> No.5024164

OP again. I've recently blocked a bunch of abusive countries to help preserve bandwidth. If you get "empty response" error, please let me know what country you're in and I'll see if I can consider removing it. Germany is actually the biggest offender as far as abuse goes, so unfortunately I cannot unblock them until I can work out a better solution. Thanks for understanding.

>> No.5024234

>>5024164
>Germany is actually the biggest offender as far as abuse goes, so unfortunately I cannot unblock them until I can work out a better solution. Thanks for understanding.

OH! That explains it. I am German and I was crying that I could not get on your site. So what exactly is Krautland doing? Do they have bots or what kind of abuse are we talking about?
Can you create annoying Captchas for Germans so that I can at least get on your site instead of not being able to get on it at all? Thank you very much.

>> No.5024236

>>5023904
Because you're in desperate need of an intervention. Not even saying you're OP. Just saying anyone that batshit is

>> No.5024237

>>5024236
I'm not sure if you're pretending to be retarded or what, but either way I'm laughing at your oh-so-serious tone.

>> No.5024239

>>5019276
It was really really slow last time I tried. I respect what you're doing though and hope you keep it up.

>> No.5024242

>>5024234
I've added a rate limiter, so I'll give unblocking it a shot and see what happens.

>> No.5024287

>>5024237
I'm laughing at a kid who's failed miserably at making a web site and the few underage fools who lick his ass. I'm dead serious about how pathetic you lot are.

>> No.5024296

>>5024242
Well thank you very much. Now I can finally access your page. Beautiful page you have got there. Thank you very much for it and thanks for your fast reaction.
I hope Germany won't cause any more troubles and I am really wondering what is causing the abuse. Do you have any speculation?

>> No.5024308

>>5024287
Whatever you say friend, we're just here exchanging roms and you're the one having a bad time with it. Maybe it's time to close the thread and pick another one?

>> No.5024310

>>5024296
Eh, just bots or dos. Not really sure. Either way it's working better than it was before. I'm just working on getting the email server back to normal and the VPN up. After that I'm about done other than actually working on the site itself.

>> No.5024317

How do I know what version and shit these roms are? I just want the best possible clean rooms available.

>> No.5024370

>>5024317
>I just want the best possible clean rooms available
bucko

>> No.5024379 [DELETED] 

>>5019276
oh this site isn't suspicious. oh not at all! top fucking kek.
> godaddy domain name (top kek)

I can't work out if this is a honeytrap or if you're retarded. let's see.. you wish to talk shit and make up stories, time for me to see what i could find.. and low and behold! there appears to be someone on stackoverflow asking questions about C# coding involving your server. (really? posting the ip address for your server and dns on a public forum.. using an account that can be tied to you? my god, you are a retard.) your lame attempt at a dropbox is on the same server, so don't bother trying to deny it.

thanks, google cache. (someone deleted the post from stackoverflow.. i wonder who did that?) ;)
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:GrNhOa0W3LMJ:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45801329/clipboard-settext-does-not-work-when-its-called-when-pressing-the-print-screen

server is coming out of Charter Communications, Greenwood Village, CO, 80111, US of Lame.
so many mistakes! my fucking sides are hurting due to this much laughter. this must be a honey trap. I find it hard to believe someone is this stupid enough to leave such an incriminating trail.

>> No.5024381

>>5024379
Let them sue me for downloading, good luck getting blood from this stone faggot.

>> No.5024382

>>5024381
nobody gives a fuck about your downloading, you illiterate amerifat.

>> No.5024384

>>5024382
Yes, this is my point entirely you dumb waste of space.
Go shitpost a /v/ thread you dumb bitch.

>> No.5024386

>>5024379
Charter is really good at covering their ass when it comes to copyright complaints
Hope you like prison OP

>> No.5024387

>>5024379
I have a program that is intended to be used as a replacement for the print screen button. You press print screen and it is supposed to upload the image to my server and copy the link to the clipboard. The problem is that when I call Clipboard.SetText(link), the link is not copied. Rather, Windows prioritizes its own screen capture and copies the image it just took instead, making it so I cannot paste the link into, say, a chat box. I realize the issue here is the fact that I'm using the print screen key as the hot key to capture the image but I would really prefer to keep it this way if possible. How can I go about overriding the windows print screen feature so I can copy my text instead?

>> No.5024389
File: 87 KB, 409x600, helping-the-retarded235.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>hey you guys want to play old games?
>"REEEEEE I'M REPORTING YOU, ENJOY PRISON YOU FUCKER!"
This can only be b8, nobody would care this much.

>> No.5024392

>>5024386
im going to email this to nintendo just for a fucking laugh. i have absolutely nothing else better to do today.
>>5024389
> nobody would care this much
exactly right. im just doing this for my own entertainment.

>> No.5024394 [DELETED] 

>>5024389
Hey Syllith! Thanks for your hard work!

>> No.5024396

>>5024392
piracyscene@noa.nintendo.com

>> No.5024398

>>5024394
>Syllith
Is that a band?

>> No.5024432

>>5024392
>email this to nintendo
>nothing else better to do
>for my own entertainment

imagine being this lonely

>> No.5024440
File: 227 KB, 629x354, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5024432
I thought I was lonely at pathetic but that anon's random crusade against an unknown romsite gave me hope that there's always a sadder fish.

>> No.5024447

>>5024379
What makes it suspicious? I use go daddy because it's easy and gets the job done. When have I talked shit? I've only made about 8 posts this entire thread and haven't posted a thread in many months. And yea, I use stack overflow to ask questions, isn't that what you do when you have programming issues? And it didn't involve the server. It's just a program that I wanted and another one like it existed at the time. You can get my IP by just pinging the domain, it's no secret. Theres a reason I don't advertise for my "drop box". It's for personal use and friends. Why would I deny it? I also didn't delete that post from stack overflow. Even if I did, so what? Why would I be ashamed of asking a question? Yes my ISP is charter. As I've stated previously in the thread, I'm a cable guy. Can you put 2 and 2 together? Also greenwood village is the national headend, not where I live.

I honest to god don't understand what you were getting at here. I'm not afraid of hiding myself. Just because I'm on a site for anonymity doesn't mean I care to be anonymous.

>> No.5024450
File: 456 KB, 1906x1078, IMG_1775.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5019276
OP, you are a legend.

So I was likewise fed up with advertisements and shitty layouts of rom sites; so I devised a scraper that basically grabbed every download URL from these sites and tied it to a nice frontend. Some captcha and cookie hacks were devised.

My main prototype's first choice of roms was this cool site you guys might have heard of called Emuparadise. I hope no one takes it down or that would mean all ten thousand links I scraped are now dead, haha.

>> No.5024456

>>5024450

Thanks bro, you made that? It looks sweet! I was going to do something like that but I don't have the knowhow to pull that off. Are you currently getting your links from the depot? Should be pretty easy with the way its laid out.

>> No.5024458

>>5019339
Hi, I know I'm responding to an old comment but I tried scraping from google once for this exact purpose and it was had a handful of hits; with enough misses to turn it off. Use TheGamesDB and MobyGames; they both have APIs for this exact thing with a bit of quality. control; getting an image for your games.

Otherwise your game screenshots will sometimes be random photos of products or from the sequels.

>> No.5024461

>>5024458
Sweet, thats perfect! And it looks easy to integrate. Once I get the server back on both legs I'll get on that. Thanks

>> No.5024463

>>5024456
Nah not yet. Only heard about it today from your post.

If you've ever used Kodi / XBMC they are a video library program with nice boxart and metadata scraping; controlable with remotes and such.

They eventually had community addons that scraped every known site for uploaded films; so you'd have a list of fifty sources and it'd ping through them until it hit a legit copy. Very snazzy, looks as simple as YouTube when working right.

I heard there may have been some equivalent addons for roms in terms of metadata scraping; but most people rely on those "romsets" floating around for the really old consoles since their filesizes are small enough to not warrant downloading individually.

I gave scraping the roms themsevles a go. It works in cases where the security isn't too hard ass. Nothing out on Git or anything at this stage because it's still being worked on.

>> No.5024470

>>5024463
Mine are just in a directory and the directory lister takes care of the rest. Once I get the VPN running, you could just connect to it and get direct access. Should be crazy easy for something like that

>> No.5024696

Remember to report OP to all affected parties for engaging in illegal activity

>> No.5024727

>>5024696
Well, it's better to report you instead for engaging in faggot activity.

>> No.5024823

>>5024696
Reminder that helium isn't all that expensive and breathing some would solve every problem in your life.

>> No.5025012

>>5019276
>The hard drive I'm using is on its last leg.
Then clone it to another identical drive. Shouldn't take the site down for more than a day.

>> No.5025090

>>5024379
haha truly epic keks all around my man xD
would love to crack open a crispy mountain dew with a fine anonymous troll such as yourself

>> No.5025104

>>5024440
>>5024432
if i ever get so far off the beaten path that i voluntarily police the internet for multibillion dollar corporations please shoot me.

>> No.5025140 [DELETED] 

>>5019276
Just put complete no-intro/redump updated set's and you're good.

>> No.5025142

Just put complete no-intro/redump updated sets and you're good.

>> No.5025162

>>5021527
>japanese dreamcast selection?
Also curious about this. Finding working copies of these has gotten really difficult lately.

>> No.5025203

>>5024447
Not that guy but how do you plan to avoid the possibility of being shut down for copyright infringement and rendering all this work useless? Especially being hosted in the US. Or is that a possibility you're okay with?

>> No.5025223

>>5019276
I really like the site, only learned of it recently but I love that you have full sets, simple layout and manuals especially. Can quickly become my go to site.

>> No.5025339

>>5019276
Downloaded two PS1 games. Work like a charm.

>> No.5025481

>>5019276
>do any of you use it as your go-to site?
I do now! I just grabbed a Japanese PSX game I'd been looking for. The download speed wasn't the fastest and isn't typical of what I normally get (70-100 mbps down) but that's not really a problem. Your site is super clean and polished and the ROM works great.

>> No.5025553

>>5019438
Install modsecurity, fail2ban, no-root ssh, ban asian geoip, apache and try again

>> No.5025641

>>5019276
I'm looking for PSX manuals for creating PSX2PSP eboots. Yours was the first site I thought of checking but you don't have PSX manuals. Honestly, it's a great resource and easier to check first than any other place.

>> No.5025662

>>5025641
bro im looking for love

>> No.5025667

>>5025662
arent we all?

>> No.5025684

>>5019837

Do both. Have a torrent sync'd to the site. Http downloads are slow but if you are after a full set it's there.

Just reissue the torrent when things change. People seeding just add the new torrent and point it at the right directory. And it downloads the new shit.

Then limit the http downloads to a couple roms per IP so people can just get a single file (which is what http sites are good for)

>> No.5025689 [DELETED] 
File: 1.06 MB, 243x280, spockit.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5019276

>has GP32 games
>.SMC file format not .FXE
>why bother?

you really need to fix this. i can help you get the right files if you need.

>> No.5025696
File: 3.39 MB, 4608x3456, DSCN4231.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Man, all these years, and STILL no emulation the original Cassette Vision.

>> No.5025710

>>5025689
I'd more than welcome the help. Do you have the correct files on hand? If so is there a way you can get them to me? You can use box.endurehosting.com to transfer them easily

>> No.5025721

>>5025710
By the way, I just sent an Atari 2600 ROM to you, I ripped it myself, since it wasn't common.

>> No.5025736

>>5025721
Neat, what game and how's it play?

>> No.5025750
File: 3.48 MB, 4608x3456, DSCN4171.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5025736
It's a game called Nebula Star, pic related, it plays like dumbed down version of Space Zap. Kinda shitty, but it's still history.

>> No.5025791

Why is the full GB romset only 140MB when the full Commodore 64 is 439MB?
I know the commodore probably has way more games than the GB due to various clones and everyone being able to develop and publish a game for it, but a single GB cart can store tens if not 100 or more C64 games, so it seems weird the C64 is that much bigger than the GB one

>> No.5025805

>>5025791
Some of the Super Cassettevision games were missing too, such as Dragon Slayer, and Dragonball. Therefore, I would assume not all have been uploaded yet,

>> No.5025814 [DELETED] 

>>5025710
i know i have a bunch of the .fxe files as games on one of my gp32s so i could give you those, plus the aquafish firmware version that lets you play decrypted .fxe files on the gp32. i might have the full rom set on my old laptop i will check.

the difference between .smc and .fxe files are many, but all you need to know is .smc files will only work the very shitty geepee32 emulator, while a decrypted .fxe file can be played on an actual gp32 with the aquafish firmware v4 i think. I was just going to upload them to google drive or mega upload. nobody can sue you over gp32 games anymore everything is disolved and who knows where the rights holders are and if they even care at all.

>> No.5025886

>full
>ctrl f golden sun
>0

>> No.5025938
File: 214 KB, 320x212, D34E89E3F6D1484EA9C2C00F45AE4E52.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This is a cool. I liked that op is working to provide a no bullshit site and having anons who know their shit contribute. Hearing about anons ripping 2600 games that aren't in Rom packs and gp32 games warms my heart.

Just for the love of god get a couple anons to maintain a rsync copy of the site in case op falls off the edge of the earth (or more likely gets a gf and just stops giving a shit)

>> No.5026068

>>5025938
I'm keeping copies of the available romsets on CD, just for future use if all other avenues to get them become unavailable.

>> No.5026090 [DELETED] 

>>5026068
will a cd withstand an emp?

>> No.5026148

>>5026090
In the cage, probably. I dunno I sorta winged it while drunk, we'll see I guess.l

>> No.5026192

>>5026090
>Nintendo shuts down all rom-sites.
>People STILL won't buy their roms.
>"To coincide with the end of this very special Nintendo Direct, we will now commence a series of mid-air detonations! Thank you!"

I wonder if we dig deep enough into the earth we'll find the preserved ROMs of an earlier civilisation.

>> No.5026207

>>5026192
The last remnants from the Finno-Korean Hyperwar.

>> No.5026212

>>5019276
I have about a shit ton of Nintendo roms I downloaded before Nintendo decided to pull the crap they did. Hehe

>> No.5026215

>>5021279
Too bad I'm a phoneposting fag. They'll never catch me. I have like 3000 games too.

>> No.5026236

>>5019276
What happened? Site is 404.

>> No.5026243

>>5026236
You caught it while the server was restarting. Should be back up

>> No.5026245

>>5019276
http://theromdepot.com/
This page isn’t working
theromdepot.com didn’t send any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

>> No.5026259

>>5026245
It looks like its working for me. Phone, computer, and different browsers. Is it still down for you? If so try clearing cache

>> No.5026265

>>5026245
Posted before reading thread. I am from Russia. Get new IP each time I connect to the net (not using router, ethernet cable directly plugged in motherboard).
Just got curious about site, was not planning to download anything in particular. IP right now was 178.206.47.178

>> No.5026271

>>5026265
Russia has been banned. Too many bots and spam come from out of there. Sorry about that

>> No.5026618
File: 77 KB, 897x691, d5c9f65edae9d8e833d4604f33ef00a7 Super Mario Bros 3 (U).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

$ md5sum "Super Mario Bros 3 (U).nes"
d5c9f65edae9d8e833d4604f33ef00a7 Super Mario Bros 3 (U).nes

still the bad rom despite this mentioned before

>> No.5026623
File: 64 KB, 897x691, fun.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

good times

>> No.5026629

downloading '[NES - Full Romset].rar' ...
150 to 250 KB/sec.........

slow slow slow....................

Ok the full rom set has the bad rom

/US$ md5sum 'Super Mario Bros 3 (U).nes'
d5c9f65edae9d8e833d4604f33ef00a7 Super Mario Bros 3 (U).nes

slow speeds and bad roms, and you wonder why no one uses it lol

>> No.5026970

>>5026629
I'll fix it when I'm off work. As for the download speed, I've limited it to 400kbps to preserve bandwidth. Still trying to work out a solution. I guess I'm waiting on docsis 3.1 to be released on our plant. Not sure what the new upload will be. Right now I have 25 Mbps to work with. Bots are hard to stop sometimes but I haven't been able to configure the server all the way yet. I plan on getting some torrents going hopefully that'll take the strain off the full romsets. Itll maybe be increased to 40 when it's upgraded. Sorry about that. I'm doing the best I can with what I have to work with.

>> No.5027475

>>5026970
Good luck, I'm hoping you get the balance right as I'm still interested in your site existing.

You were given some requests for features in this thread - my recommendation is to keep everything as minimalistic as possible. (Maybe for some extra deniability change the propriatary NES cartridge on the homepage to a generic floppy or cassette?)

A lot of websites have their own sets of metadata. I think the world would be a happy place if the databases already existing on the internet were leveraged instead of each one reinventing the wheel.

This post was written by: a hypocrite hobbyist wheel reinventor

>> No.5027887

>the uncensored original version of Maniac Mansion NES before Nintendo's censors complained is under [Hacks]
Well, I guess you gotta put it somewhere.
>googling for Rom Depot returns the site
If you have limited bandwidth, why list yourself on a public search engine?

>> No.5027897

>>5019445
Install Exherbo.

>> No.5028279

>>5019276
>Rom Depot
Who

>> No.5028586

>>5024164
>Germany is actually the biggest offender as far as abuse goes
they always ruin it for everybody.

>> No.5028618

Do you have Iso's for Ps2 Homebrew emulators like Jum52 and NEO/CD

>> No.5029051

>>5019276
someone reported your site to your provider on another site. give them time, they'll take it down very soon. this is going to be awesome.

>> No.5029054

>>5028279
> who
it appears to be an amateur attempt of entrapment and harvesting IP addresses.

>> No.5029448

Just want to say you're an angel OP. Thanks for putting this site up.

A few complete rom sets are nice to have since the other sites are all getting shut down. Full Genesis set took about 30 minutes. Which seems fine to me, you get something for free it's not a big deal if you need to wait a few minutes.

Have you considered also uploading sets for newer systems (gamecube, ps2, etc) or do you plan on just keeping the current list for now? Asking cause I haven't found a complete gc iso set anywhere.

>> No.5029505

>>5019276
Don't fret the low visit count, considering that Emuparadise is out, don't be surprised if your site will get a spike in traffic, as most surviving alternatives will likely do.

>> No.5029549

>>5019698
/g/entoo fag here.
The IPFS team maintains a centralized blocklist of sites that contain copyrighted content, which is a terrible idea for a supposedly decentralized internet. Nintendo could easily request your site be added to said blocklist.
You could try Zeronet which has no blocklist and also supports Tor, but it's harder to set up and doesn't work well for static, large files. You also lose the ability to provide a clearnet link; someone needs to run Zeronet to download the files. Still worth a shot, in my opinion.

>> No.5029696

>>5025750
>Nebula Star
Do you have this uploaded somewhere else? I'd love to play it but it's not uploaded to theromdepot yet. Anonfile is an ok place to upload things if you don't want it on your accounts and didn't know of a place.

>> No.5029706

Was glad the site was still up as of this evening great stuff man thanks

>> No.5029786

>>5021279
Imagine Nintendo trying to DMCA a torrent. It's something they'd try to, Nintendo management is completely clueless about technology (remember that time they tried to make a program to steal revenue of youtubers?)

>> No.5029835

>>5029786
They just need to hook up with the (((right )))US law firm and they'll be tossing out lawsuits against leechers and seeders alike. They'll become the Malibu Media of game companies.

>> No.5029852

>>5029786
>(remember that time they tried to make a program to steal revenue of youtubers?)

Wow you're dumb. It's not outlandish at all, that is exactly what will happen if you so much as play a few bars of a current song on a guitar. Someone was copystriked for posting a video with the title the same name as Ariana Grande's song. These guys are showing entire games. The ONLY reason they don't copystrike them is because it gives their games more attention and publicity if they don't.

>> No.5029938

some of the roms are defective, example mario 3 for the nes is buggy as hell, had to get it from cool roms or some shit.

>> No.5030872

>>5029696
It's only uploaded to that one link OP mentioned.
>box.endurehosting.com

>> No.5031197

>>5030872
Thank you! I've been on an atari kick again lately. I really appreciate it!

>> No.5031569

Is there anyway, shape, or form, we can get Xbox original ISOs on the site? There seem to be no good places to get them anymore, and if they were on your site, I'd be on it all day long.

>> No.5031973

I got shit to share. I notice ROM Depot doesn't have the translated 46 Okunen Monogatari ~The Shinka Ron~(EVO The Theory of Evolution) for PC9801. I got a pack with emulator and ready to use files, uploading now. I also have a ton of translated JP games as well.

Also, how about arcade games?

>> No.5032042

>>5031973
I'd love to get some Japanese arcade games to dump, however that shit is rare. I'd love to play Yosaku or Warp-1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpR4J7yT0P4

>> No.5032046

>>5019276
Going to check out your site now op. Im new to this sort of stuff. I've always just went out and bought physical copies of the games I wanted, but just ran into financial problems and must be more discerning with my money.

>> No.5032552

theromdepot.com worked a few days ago, but now I cannot access it anymore.
using a proxy it works.
were there any new ip-range-bans recently, or something?

>> No.5033121

where the mega cd games at?

>> No.5033672

>>5031569
arcadepunks

>> No.5033679

>>5033121
archive

>> No.5033995

For what roms you have available i think you do an awesome job man. I dont use your site much because i just download the full romsets, but when i do look for roms your site is in my top 3.

The only time the speed cap effecta me is when im downloading the aformentioned full sets(to be fair my interney sucks though so i thought it was just me)

The only things id reccomend would be a prepatched fan translated section organized by system and more hacks for more systems.

Again, thanks for what you do anon

>> No.5034274

>>5032552
>>5019276
pls

>> No.5034783

>>5034274
no

>t. ralph

>> No.5035825

Friendly reminder to everyone who wants to use this site.

YOU are the source for ROMs and ISO's and the like. YOU. Don't see it listed in the catalog? Go to the front page, click on the upload icon in the lower left, and upload that shit. You want translated games? Upload the patched game. You want hacks? Upload the patched game. This collection isn't going to grow unless people share shit.

Sincerely, the guy who uploaded everything currently pending except 1 NES ROM and 2 GBC ROMs. Seriously, if you cunts aren't gonna share, don't expect me to keep making pre-patched ROMs for you.

>> No.5035903

why cant i upload ps2 games

>> No.5036205

>>5019276
Your Saturn section is missing NiGHTS into Dreams.
I can only upload a single file. I have a BIN/CUE.
It won't let me pick a .7z file I made myself.
What do?

>> No.5036241

>>5035825
Thanks for your labor

>> No.5036279
File: 51 KB, 413x243, 1517021410730 (1).gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5036205
I'm currently uploading the full set rn

>> No.5036281

>>5036279
http://theromdepot.com/roms/?dir=%5BPending%20Approval%5D/Sega%20Saturn

Keep up with me as I upload them brother

>> No.5036282

>>5036279
based

>> No.5036289
File: 36 KB, 642x539, 1526483486991.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5036282
I got love for ya bros

>> No.5036293

>>5021530
Found the schizophrenic.

>And when you remove that shitty amateur looking NES cart that serves the twofold purpose of painting you like a "le retro vidya XD" hipster and putting a huge "pls intimidate me Nintendo-san" all over your head.

What the fuck?

>> No.5036385

>>5019276
jst visited,will check it out when i make a raspberry pi,its a good simple site anon cheers

>> No.5036412

>>5019276
Fucking neato website, nice one.

>> No.5036440

>>5023903
Pretty much this

>> No.5036471

I'm from Brazil, I have the same ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error.

>> No.5036535

Depot owner again. Sorry I've been quiet lately. I'm out of town right now and will be back in a few hours. I know there's a few pending roms and some broken ones that need fixed. I have not forgotten. I have not been able to test and move them to the official archive yet. If you find something that doesn't work, check to see if someone's uploaded a working version in the pending section. Thanks.

>> No.5036537

>>5036471
That's normal behavior, we don't want leechers on the site.

>> No.5036564

>>5036537
Like you know anything about normal behavior.

>> No.5036565
File: 41 KB, 1023x576, 5199f510a2253d51a3088b0ef221fba4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5036564

>> No.5036576

>>5036565
Haha yeah, love that racism. You're a sweetheart.

>> No.5036586

>>5036471
Lol. I remember Blackcats Games blocking all Brazillian IP addresses.

>> No.5036614

>>5036586
Ok, I do admit that Brazilians tend to be leechers. I apologize on behalf of them.

>> No.5036770

>>5036614
>t. American

>> No.5036848

>>5034783
:<
>>5035825
i would, if the server or the hops in between it and my connections wouldn't reset the connection.
>>5036535
what about ip-range-bans? why's that?

>> No.5037407

>>5023903
Take a deep breath

>> No.5037760 [DELETED] 
File: 6 KB, 258x195, images(9).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5025710
hey buddy ol' friend ol' pal. i got that shit you wanted! its bready mudge everthing you need to play gp32 games, plus i had some emulators and random crap. so take what you want out of it, theres a bunch of stuff in there!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vujhpod4irl87z3/GP32-Stuff.rar/file

if anybody has payback for gp2x i would really appriciate an upload!

>> No.5037881

Have room for a PSP section?

>> No.5038893

>Connecting to theromdepot.com (theromdepot.com)|x.y.z.xyz|:80... connected.
>HTTP request sent, awaiting response... No data received.
>Retrying.
:<

>> No.5040935

Where do i upload Windows 95/98 games? I have a few original disks, and isozone is down.

>> No.5041148

>>5032046
A good practice to get into is devoting a solid half an hour at least to any old game that looks even mildly interesting to you, and if you find yourself playing longer and enjoying it, THEN go track down a legit copy if you like it enough to add to your collection.
>>5029051
>6 days ago
>site still up
Poor little anon.

>> No.5041169

>>5041148
>good practice
Why bother, it's not like the developers receive any penny for your purchases. Buy a flashcart if you're a cuck for hardware legitimacy.

>> No.5041178

>>5041169
>Why bother
I'm not sure I understand the question, you're asking why bother collecting retro games you like, on /vr/? I mean by all means go ahead with your flashcart, I wouldn't mind owning one for a few systems I have, but I also like having a shelf-full of a couple dozen games I really enjoy, enough to want a physical copy of.
I say "good practice" since it lowers the number of games someone might hoard if they were just buying things to play and then found they really didn't like the game all that much.

>> No.5041181

>>5041178
Collecting is for retards, if you've already played the fucking game why bother wasted money on it, buy yourself crack with that cash you've saved.

>> No.5041184

>>5041181
Next time just say "bump" instead of all that gay shit you posted.

>> No.5041295

>>5040935
Try old-games.ru

>> No.5042289

ROM Depot owner again. I've finally got the server back on 2 feet. Had to reinstall Debian again. Had many issues getting the email server working. If any helpdesk inquiries have been sent in the last 2 weeks, I have not been able to receive them. Now I can, and I'm now notified of new roms uploaded as well so I can get on that a lot faster. Thanks for the contributions from those of you who have sent some in already.

There may still be a few things out of whack that I glossed over so if something isn't working right, please let me know via the help desk.

My current to do list in case you're curious:
Configure VPN
Update "full romsets"
Add .torrent for romsets
Look into adding screenshots for games via TheGamesDB
Change the damn fan in the server with a bad bearing that makes noises all night

There's a lot more I'd like to do but this is what I can handle for the the time being. I appreciate all the suggestions you guys have made and I will look into them more in the future. If you have anything else, let me know.

>> No.5042557

>>5042289
Update:
VPN is up and running. This doesn't affect you much right now but I hope to configure it so you can map a network drive and have full access to the depot straight from your desktop.

I've added 1 torrent file for the Acord Archemedes for the time being. I need to repartition the drive so directories will change. I don't want to create a whole bunch of torrent files just to have recreate them tomorrow, just know that it's coming. Torrents are harder to abuse than web servers so unless I have a reason to limit upload speed, I'll leave them unlimited.

I've updated the full romsets and converted them from rars to 7z. Compression seems to be better that way

More to come tomorrow.

>> No.5042701

>>5042289
>>5042557
>>5036535

>>5032552
>>5036848
>>5038893

>> No.5043515

>>5019339
>The first idea I get is to have it do a google image search based on the title of the game and use the first image it finds on the game. I couldn't possibly download a screenshot of every game as that would take ages.

Why don't you just do what emuparadise (RIP) did and do it wiki style, allow the users to upload screenshots for the game. Why do website owners always think they have to do everything themselves? Being able to interact with and improve a site you like visiting yourself as a user has a very positive outcome in terms of how much people like a site. If they can contribute they feel like it becomes their site a little bit and of course the effort put in can't be matched by even a paid team because you'll have people that care about that very game upload stuff for that very game. You shouldn't limit ti to screenshots either. Allow people to upload different covers, promo artwork and manuals.

>> No.5043521

>>5042289
I'm still getting an ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE.
Can you unblock my IP? It's 189.90.24.X (Brazil).

>> No.5044341

>>5024164
Did you also block Belgium? I was able to access it a few days ago, but not anymore.

>> No.5044364
File: 204 KB, 700x825, faxanadu_by_Sketchitos1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I get my roms from google drive, and archive org.

>> No.5044380

Why the fuck would you not use torrents to distribute these files brainlet

>> No.5044423

>>5043521
doesn't work from any of my available machines all over the world
F

>> No.5044443

>>5044380
I'd also like to see some torrents desu. There's some 'full' sets for consoles like the NES and GBC floating around but they don't usually have all regions available.

>> No.5044447

>>5044443
>>5044444

>> No.5044535

>>5044380
you think torrents are more convenient than a direct download? i don't get your thinking

>> No.5044539

>>5042557
"Unable to connect" is what I'm getting now. Last time I connected is when I uploaded a bunch of ROMs. Server down or did you have to range-ban part of California?

>> No.5044541

>>5044535
Of course they are unless you're a brainlet.

>> No.5044586

I was repartioning the drive to the server last night. Took a while. It's back up now. Sorry.

>> No.5044598

Just downloaded a rom, pretty good depot. Will keep this in my rotation of rom sites

>> No.5045001

Is there someone who can upload NDS roms? The selection on the site is kind of poor. I'd do it myself, but I've got only 4 NDS games.

>> No.5045547

awesome site, fuck the haters

>> No.5045589

>>5045547
Totally agree, OP

>> No.5045860

Torrents have now been added to the site.

>> No.5046158

>>5042289
Do you have a way for me to upload more than one game at a time? Ive got some snes rom hacks and fan translations

>> No.5046216

>>5046158
I don't really, but I really should. I guess the best thing for you to do is just zip them all and name it anything you want. I'll take care of placing them in the right folder from there.

>> No.5046890

>it's another ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE-episode

>> No.5046983

>>5029549
I think peeps would rather shill their VPNs run by their buddies than to provide a single """private tracker""" or general ROM site that exists on Tor/Zeronet.

>> No.5047056

>>5046890
That means the country has been banned

>> No.5047265

I've got hundreds of homebrew 2600 and 5200 roms plus hundreds of patched and translated snes and NES roms

What I'm looking for are the PS@ homebrew roms that seemingly only ISOzone and one Russian site had and twinkle star sprites for the PS2

>> No.5047875

>>5024432
yup, knowing there are people that pathetic out there brightened my day
thank you internet

>> No.5047883

>>5046216
Tried to upload a snes trans and hacks pack. Website got weird after looking like it uploaded, then said no file selected. Let me know if it worked. I still have to zip some files before i can upload and im away from my pc

>> No.5047884

>>5047883

Interesting. I did not receive it. How large was the file and what extension? rar, zip? How did the site look exactly? Did it upload all the way through or did something happen before it finished?

>> No.5047889

>>5047884
It was 7z file. Looked like it uploaded, then the screan flashed once real fast and said "no file selected". Ill try again

>> No.5047906

>>5047884
After uploading for about 5 minutes the webites said invalid file type. Its about 254MB

>> No.5047915

>>5047906

Ok, let me double check the upload limits. Maybe I accidentally had it set lower. I'll let you know what I find and I'll try uploading some files myself to see what happens. Sorry about that. I'll keep you updated.

>> No.5047917

>>5047265
http://lukasz.dk/playstation-2-programming/archive/
This might help.

>> No.5047923

>>5047889
Looks like I didn't have it set to allow for 7z files. I've changed it. It should have told you right away if it wasn't valid, so I'll have to look into that. Wanna give it another shot?

>> No.5047934

>>5019276
hey OP, you should make a bootleg section for for all the stuff from Somari and Grand Dad to just regular 9999 in 1 carts

>> No.5047938

>>5047934
I don't know if that's worth a whole section because I wouldn't get enough of them to justify it. I actually have smari under the nes/asian section.

>> No.5047957

>>5019276
I used it when it was first up, but then it went away for a bit, then came back.
If you perceive a lack of users it could just be not enough word-of-mouth. Which atm might be a good thing. Laying low.

>> No.5047964
File: 63 KB, 600x800, 41700054_758615144469551_2266289770621566976_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5019851
Pink guy speaks the truth. One timestamp, pls.

>> No.5047968

>>5047957
It's not really that I was concerned about a lack of users. It's hard for me to tell how many actually use it and I was just curious and don't have a definite way to see how many are on. Laying low is a good thing, and I'm actually really surprised this thread has been alive as long as it has been. It's given me some good ideas though.

>> No.5047981

HEADS UP:
Later tonight I'll be working on adding screenshots dynamically for each game. This means the rom browsing page will be acting weird or not work at all on and off. Sorry about that. If you're curious on the progress, roll the mouse over the game icon to the left of the game title and when it's all done it'll have the cover art for the game hover next to it. It'll be a bit before I get started on that but just know it's coming.

>> No.5047995

>>5047981
woah thats awesome

>> No.5048003

>>5047968
Only thing is I wish there were more romhacks on there. But it's an as-uploaded thing I suppose.

>> No.5048019

>>5048003
Hey Dood OP, I have the rom hacks files from emuparadise. Gimme a place to drop it or a place to contact you.>>5019276

>> No.5048082

>>5047917
>http://lukasz.dk/playstation-2-programming/archive/
nope

>> No.5048157

>>5047923
Done! Sorry, had some stuff i had to do. Upload still took about 5 minutes. Ive got a few more things id like to add, but its late here. Ill try uploading more tomorrow.

>> No.5048305

>>5047056
why

>> No.5048308

>>5047981
what's up with all the range-bans?

>> No.5048318

>>5048308
The Rom Depot owner is an eugenicist and a race realist. To him blood is greater than web traffic.

>> No.5048514

>>5048308
Because certain countries have been especially bad about bots. Has your country been banned? I may be able to unblock it for you.

>>5047981
I never got to this last night. Had something come up. I'll work on it later today.

>> No.5049420

Just became a user because of this thread. I like the expansive libraries, you can easily find some the good obscure stuff.

I just have one problem: Is it just me or did something happen to the NDS library in particular? Was it always so barren? It looks so out of place.

>> No.5049926

>>5049420
You know, I could have sworn I had more on there as well. I didn't do anything to it recently. I'll have to get on that and get some more.

>> No.5050175

OP again. So I did... something. It's pretty damn rough right now and took me forever to figure it out, but if you click the info icon on the right of a rom it may give you the box art to the game. Now I just need to really refine how it searches for the games but that should be relatively easy compared to actually getting this far. I'll keep working on it and hopefully I can make it work a lot better. In the mean time, try it out

>> No.5050247

>>5050175
I think I've ironed out some of the search issues. There's a lot less wrong results but now there's less results. When comparing failed searches with thegamesdb, it looks like they genuinely don't have it. So at least the box arts are right a lot of the time, but thegamesdb just doesn't have everything so there's bound to be misses.

>> No.5050249

>>5050247
For sections like dos, theres a LOT of wrong results. This is because thegamesdb doesn't have a section for that so I have it set to search all platforms. It'll try to find the closest result and I don't really have a good way to distinguish if the titles/consoles match so until I can figure something out, that's how it'll be

>> No.5050291

>>5048514
>Has your country been banned?
.at pls

>> No.5050754

Hey Rom Depot guy, you DID put those pre-translated ROMs into a separate folder than the official releases, right? If you just threw them into the JP directory, then people might be looking for the original ROM and get something completely different.

>> No.5050761
File: 19 KB, 1024x265, ohcomeonnow.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5050754
And ROM Hacks REALLY shouldn't be in the official release directory. You have a separate folder for hacks, why not use it?

>> No.5051024

>>5050754
Which pack did you upload? Is it the one still sitting in "pending"? If not it's entirely possible I may have moved them to the wrong folder. If I did, would you be able to either let me know what roms need to be moved or upload it again and I can fix it from there?

>> No.5051162

>>5019276
>say you have full romsets
>have tons of games missing, especially on the NDS

>> No.5051191

>>5051162
By full romset, I mean the full set of what I have. And I'm currently working on the nds section. I could have sworn I had more in there but apparently not. Give me some time and I'll start to fill it in some more.

>> No.5051209

>>5051191
any chance you'll upload a usa or eu copy of super mario advance - super mario bros 2?

>> No.5051236

>>5051209
http://theromdepot.com/roms/search.php?search=mario%20advance&system=All

This what you're looking for?

>> No.5051575

>>5050291
I had to ban that as well because my moms DSL bill was getting to big

>> No.5051614
File: 11 KB, 341x232, translated JP NES games.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5051024
These are the translated NES games I uploaded. I marked them as [hack] since they aren't the original roms. In the JP folder, they have a timestamp of 2018-09-09. More on the way, I just gotta unzip the roms and patches, patch them, and upload.

>> No.5051630

>>5051614
Thanks, I'll get them corrected. Must've been tired or something the night I put those on. I'll get them fixed right away.

>> No.5051638

>>5051614
I have moved them to [hack]/nes/[translated]. Is Kekkyoku Nankyoku Daibouken (J) one you uploaded too? It's from the 9th. Is that supposed to be under translated or nes/japan?

>> No.5051814

>>5051638
Yep, that's also a translated ROM. It's Antarctic Adventure, I just failed to rename it.

>> No.5051860

Ok, just uploaded another batch of English translated Famicom ROMs, it's not everything but most translated ROMs that start with a D. Gotta stop for tonight, my arthritis is acting up.

>> No.5051876

>>5051860
Just saw that, moving them over now. I'm making a translation section to more easily identify between them. I also added a translation option on the upload screen. Appreciate it.

>> No.5051910

Hey OP, did you ever get around to uploading Nebula Star? I'm not seeing it, and just making sure you didn't forget about it.

>> No.5051925

>>5051876
>I'm making a translation section to more easily identify between them. I also added a translation option on the upload screen.
Loving both of these changes. Got another 78ish english translated Famicom games, I'll upload them as I get time over the next few days. Then I'll work on uploading straight improvement NES hacks. Similar to the Saving + Ice/Wave Beam version of Metroid.

>> No.5051961

>>5051925
Cool, works for me. Appreciate the contribution. If you want, you're more than welcome to zip the files before sending them. That way you don't have to deal with the upload screen 78 times. I'm currently working on a discussion board that will work pretty similar to 4chans. This way when the thread dies I can keep in touch with you guys on updates and suggestions. It'll be located at theromdepot.com/discussion.php, but it may be a bit before I get it working a hundred percent. You'll see an icon on the bottom left of the home screen when it's done.

>> No.5051972

>>5051910
Not gonna lie, I did forget. The picture looks like somebody just taped a logo onto an atari cartridge and I can't find any info on it. You sure thats a real thing?

>> No.5052004
File: 3.82 MB, 4608x3456, DSCN4411.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5051972
I got a pic of it running on my set, here. But yeah, it does look really low budget quality. Probably why it's unheard of. I bought it at a garage sale with a bunch of other Atari games.

>> No.5052023

Great work. It would also be really cool if at the end of each list in each folder you had an option to "download all". Just a thought

>> No.5052031

>>5052023
Theres a zipped "full" romset at the end of each collection. Also a torrent available too

>> No.5052073

Unban Brazil. I can't be faulted for the monkeys that ruin shit over here.

>> No.5052085

>>5052073
>he unbans BR
>BR bots rape the bandwidth
>now no one can access it
Try getting a static IP and asking to get an exemption for that.

>> No.5052094 [DELETED] 

>>5019276
ok, just uploaded the GP32 Cracked set so you can actually play them on a GP32.

>> No.5052104

>>5052094
Got it. I'm currently working on a discussion page so when this threads done we'll have a place to go to discuss things after. I'll move your files over before too long. Appreciate it

>> No.5052229

New feature: http://theromdepot.com/discussion.php

You guys can use that discussion board like this thread in a sense. You can make requests, comment, suggest, criticize, etc. It's still pretty rough, but I think I have enough here to go to bed and fix problems tomorrow. There are more features I'm wanting to add too but I don't have time right now. Anyway, try it out, and let me know if there are any problems.

>> No.5052547

>>5051575
wat

>> No.5052810

>>5052547
The ISP told my mom they were going to charge more because the bandwidth usage was high even though it's supposed to be """unlimited""" so I had to ban some countries where people were downloading a lot otherwise she was going to take it out of my allowance

>> No.5053324

>>5051961
>If you want, you're more than welcome to zip the files before sending them. That way you don't have to deal with the upload screen 78 times.
No big deal, the upload screen takes less time and effort than patching the roms.

Got most games up to G uploaded now. Lotta Ganbare Goemon games.

>> No.5053639
File: 15 KB, 1036x946, Clipboard01.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

SMB3 IS STILL A BAD DUMP

IT'S IN THE FULL ROM SET

UNACCEPTABLE

>> No.5053729

>>5053639
Damn, thanks for reminding me. I've been busy on getting the server back to normal it completely slipped my mind. I'll replace it when I'm off work.

>> No.5054213

>>5052031
There is for regular roms, but not for hacks/ translations

>> No.5054730

>>5052810
>hosting a high-traffic website on a home-connection
wew

>> No.5054797

>>5052810
You're a brave man, using a home connection for shit like this.

>> No.5054849

>>5054730
That guy is not op.

>> No.5054904

>>5019723
>PC-98
he means this: https://archive.org/details/NeoKobe-NecPc-98012017-11-17

Whatever you just put on your site is massively incomplete and shit.

>> No.5055682

>>5052810
I realize this is a joke, but the same thing happened to me years ago when I was uploading PSX ISO's for a few sites. Back then, at least, their contract didn't specify anything about how much data you can use. So simply saying, "No." was more than enough to shut them up.

>> No.5056016

>>5055682
You think this is a joke? My mom was literally about to cut off access to the only source of ROMs on the internet because some guy from .at was trying to download ROMs from my ROM site. I told her to just say "No" but she said that doesn't work and it's how I was made.

>> No.5056073 [DELETED] 
File: 262 KB, 1920x1040, AreYouDoubleBobbinMe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5056016
>implying people arent just downloading from dope roms and uploading to this autists site.

>> No.5056107

Op again, I've essentially moved this conversation over to http://theromdepot.com/discussion.php

So if you have anything you'd like to say or would like to view recent changes and updates to the site, you can find them all there. Also, to the guy claiming to be me and keeps going on about my mom and the DSL bill, I like your style. Just too bad the 'C' in DOCSIS that I mentioned in the original post stands for "cable".

>> No.5056117

>>5056107
I tried to point out my upload of Indora no Hikari was broken due to the translation trying to run an illegal opcode, but your discussion board kept accusing me of trying to hurt the site.

>> No.5056121

>>5056117

Any weird keywords you may have been using or any special characters or anything?

>> No.5056125

>>5056121
the words illegal and opcode, after removing them it let me post a message.

>> No.5056129 [DELETED] 
File: 1.90 MB, 400x300, 1537282915963.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5056107
guess you dont want those ngage roms. ohh well faggot

>> No.5056130

>>5056125
huh, that shouldn't have caused that. I'll look into it.

>> No.5056156

Dunno why some of these translations didn't patch, but I'm uploading fixed versions as I find problems. Still can't get patched Akira or Indora to work under PuNES or Mesen, I'm forced to assume those translations are actually broken or are emulator specific and thus worthless.

>> No.5056573

>>5056073
I don't care if people are getting roms from another site and uploading them to mine. As long as I get (You)s it's good and validates my existence.

>> No.5056597

>>5056573
Have one for free.

>> No.5056606

>>5056597
Thanks sweetie

>> No.5058032

Just uploaded another batch of english translated famicom games. Enjoy.

>> No.5058519

>>5058032
Thank you.

>> No.5058645

I wonder what kind of black magic I am supposed to do to access this website.

>> No.5058782

>>5058645
Not be from a shitty third world country that attacks the site with bots for starters.

>> No.5058998
File: 24 KB, 800x600, taxi_2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

CRAZY TAXI 2 IS MISLABELED

it is actually "Taxi 2: Le Jeu", a game based off the French movie "Taxi 2", and the only France exclusive Dreamcast game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6noXEAHkrg

it took me over two hours to download this turd, and I burned it to CD to play on my Dreamcast. I just went back and crossed out "Crazy" from "Crazy Taxi 2" I had written on it. someone in this thread is having a laugh right now.

>> No.5059004

>>5058998
>CRAZY TAXI 2 IS MISLABELED
>it is actually "Taxi 2: Le Jeu"
>Le Jeu
Well I'm fucking laughing now. Sorry to hear you wasted time and bandwidth though.

>> No.5059061 [DELETED] 

>>5023903

>kys blog ass shit shill lucking ass licking 4chan global rule durr

The Post (C)

>> No.5059062

>>5058998

>Taxi 2: Le Jeu
Fucking kek

>> No.5059064

>>5056573

Hugs and Kysses

>> No.5059153

>>5058998
OK anon, I've found the ReviveDC version and DCRes version of Crazy Taxi 2. They are both 775ish MB files, though the DCRes is slightly larger. Both are a bit over 100MBs inside an archive. Which would you prefer?

>> No.5059172

>>5059153
DCRes I guess. I probably won't be able to tell the difference either way. thanks, anon.

>> No.5059180

>>5059172
Ok, uploading now. I'll let you know when it will be in "Pending".

>> No.5059193

>>5059180
Alright, it's in Pending. Gonna go back to uploading translated famicom games now.

>> No.5059212

Another batch of translated famicom roms uploaded. This is almost every translated famicom game except more recent releases and a few oddball games I can't find the right roms for. Until I find those roms, I'm gonna be uploading improvement hacks, like the FastROM patches for some SNES games. First up, Super Mario Bros 2 with fixed animation.

>> No.5059371

Cool. Thanks for contributing

>> No.5059419

>>5058998
Ah Taxi, I had to watch the whole trilogy in French class.
Interesting find anon.

>> No.5059496

Just uploaded a modified version of Rev A of SMB2 USA. This hack changes one byte to fix the animation error that was in both revisions. See more info here:
https://tcrf.net/Super_Mario_Bros._2_(NES)#Eighth_Animation_Frame

>> No.5061043

>>5059496
thanks

>> No.5061685

Just uploaded some NES games hacked to have SRAM saving functionality. The Metal Gear hack I uploaded is an attempt to use the MSX + hack with the PAN hack. The MSX + hack fixes some graphical issues and makes color choices a bit less odd, and the PAN hack makes it so you don't have to play Keycard shuffle every time you want to open a door.

>> No.5062282

Uploaded more english translated games. I know I've missed a ton, I'm still patching and uploading.

>> No.5062379

>>5019276
I use it mainly for games that arent in a dump. You have a lot of FDS games that I cant find anywhere else. The speed is great for me. Thank you.

>> No.5062412

>>5062379
The speed is great right now because I've been banning loads of web scrapers. I'm currently in the process of making a captcha thatll whitelist ips. Technically, you'll only have to do this when your ip changes. So maybe once a week or so? I'm sick of dealing with these bots and its time to do something. The site may be on and off for a while but I'll let you all know when the captcha has been implemented.

>> No.5062430

>>5062412
>captcha
Don't forget to remove the bit about captcha from your FAQ button on the lower left of the homepage. It might confuse people who don't know about the bots.

>> No.5062436

>>5062430
I will, I really never wanted to do this, but if its speed vs a simple math problem, I think we know what the smarter option is.

>> No.5062534

Whitelisting has been added! Speeds should be greatly improved.

>> No.5062558

>>5052073
Install TOR. Enjoy access.

>> No.5062563

>>5019276
Gamecube games when

>> No.5062565

>>5062563
If he stocks console games past the 5th Gen, he'll use up all the space he has.

>> No.5062568

>>5062565
Just download more space

>> No.5062706

>>5062412
bless

>> No.5062706,1 [INTERNAL] 

is it down. im forbidden every time i try to download

>> No.5063635

>Try to post about the two Peacock King games added to the pending translations
>rejects my post for using the offending word "cock"
What's with the censorship? The fuck is the point of that? I'm OK with your captcha thing, as long as it's not fucking google captcha, but why in the hell is there censorship?

>> No.5063652

>>5063635
might be because this is a sfw board

>> No.5063665

>>5063652
cock cock penis dick fuck ass shit bitch cunt

>> No.5063672

>>5063652
You suffer from sub-High-School-graduate level reading comprehension. You're probably retarded too.

>> No.5063679

>>5062412
Sounds good. Thanks OP, you're a true bru/vr/

>> No.5064002

>>5063635
I removed censorship.

>> No.5064747

403 forbidden. I solved the captcha and I'm on the whitelist. Was working a couple days ago.

>> No.5064782

>>5019276
I just ordered a flashcart, thanks for this op

>> No.5064793

>>5064747
After you solved the captcha and the page refreshed, did it prompt you for the captcha again or did it go away after that? It runs a check before the page is loaded to see if your ip is contained in the whitelist, if not, it'll display the question again. Otherwise it hides it. So after you got whitelisted, is the captcha question still appearing?

>> No.5064848

>>5064793
Not that anon but I have the same problem it seems.
>enter captcha
>get prompt that I'm whitelisted and page is refreshing
>view either archive or manuals
>403 forbidden
Tried it in incognito to disable all my extensions, still get 403.

>> No.5064849

>>5064848
oh yeah forgot to add, captcha doesn't show up aagain after refreshing

>> No.5064849,1 [INTERNAL] 

same problems as anons above me, haven't been able to download or view anything without a 403 for over the past 12 hours, on the whitelist, doesn't give me captcha again

>> No.5065191

>>5064848
I may have had a problem in my nginx configuration that wasn't allowing the server to soft restart. I've restarted it manually. Maybe try now and see what happens? If it doesn't work, shoot me over a helpdesk message and it'll give me your ip and I can see why it's not whitelisting you

>> No.5065195

>>5065191
nah that apparently fixed it, wham bam thank you, senpai.

>> No.5065219

>>5019276
i plan on visiting it alot soon im building a pi arcade

i hope you have in the hunt for mame?

>> No.5065539

>>5065219
He mentioned uploading a 0.201 MAME romset. Do you know which MAME romsets are compatible with which emulators that work on a pi?

>> No.5065596

What happened to the site?

>> No.5065601
File: 2 KB, 125x26, 1453498327451.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5065596

>> No.5065625

>>5065601
Thats not the case. Got previously a 404 error, but now I get the Welcome to nginx message. Not sure what to do though. :/

>> No.5066127 [DELETED] 

New whitelisting method! The authentication process now includes a reverse DNS lookup to see if your WHOIS data contains any invalid keywords. I was still getting a couple bots here and there slipping through somehow and hopefully this will catch the stragglers. I'm not 100% confident this is going to work as smooth as I'm hoping, so if you get any errors, please let me know

>> No.5066178
File: 66 KB, 600x113, in progress.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5065625
Wait from the looks of it.

>> No.5066183

>>5019276
If your disks are failing you need to make backups ASAP.

>> No.5066193

>>5066178
it works for me now
i'm of the whitelisted master race

>> No.5066210

Still working on the whitelisting, I'll be resetting it a lot. It'll be fully operational in a few hours

>> No.5066247

New white-listing process! Validation process now includes a WHOIS check to determine if you're a bot or not. If you have any issues, let me know what error message you get and a description of your setup (Browser, VPN, mobile, location, etc), and I'll look into it for you.

>> No.5066281

>>5066247
don't you think you're asking a lot

>> No.5066290

>>5066281
What do you mean? If you can't access it and want to, I'll need some information in order to fix it. I'm not asking for your credit card or anything, just some factors that may be contributing to the reason it failed. By mobile, I don't mean phone number, just if you're trying to access by phone or not. By location, I just need country. By VPN, I just need to know if you're using one or not. Thats all

>> No.5066339

>>5066281
And just in case you thought this new validation process would cause you to do more work in order to get white-listed, it doesn't. It's all automatic. It takes about a second or so longer to validate but you don't have to take any more steps.

>> No.5066996

>>5066247
neat

>> No.5068569

How much can be leeched at one time?

>> No.5068594

>>5068569
No more than 5 maximum connections, no data cap

>> No.5068756 [DELETED] 

The ROM Depot: Now in SSL

https://theromdepot.com/

>> No.5068761

Added SSL support

>> No.5068867

>>5066247
>Validation process now includes a WHOIS check to determine if you're a bot or not.

No such thing.

>> No.5069103

>>5068867
I paraphrased quite a bit. It's not necessarily for bots, it's mostly to see who you are if you didn't pass the verification and it also looks for keywords in the raw data. I've had a few extra abusive domains scraping for data and even caught a couple slip passed the captcha. But they both had similar keywords in the raw data that have let me identify them.

>> No.5069141

>>5069103
And I am saying that I don't see this supposed verification. I still get the Welcome to nginx page.

>> No.5069145

>>5069141
Oh, I misunderstood

Try typing in https instead of http.

>> No.5070063

First: been liking the site a great deal, thank you!

Posting this here, but made a formal report for each already. The following translated (to English) NES roms are broken in multiple emulators:

Deep Dungeon III - Yuushi E No Tabi (main menu looks fine, brokenness only obvious after 20 seconds of play testing lol)
Ganbare Goemon Gaiden - Kieta Ougon Kiseru
Heisei Genius Bakabon
Indora No Hikari
Kaijuu Monogatari
SD Keiji - Blader

Found correct dumps and patched them, so I know yours are faulty.

>> No.5070268

>>5070063
I went ahead and removed them. Would you be able to upload the working patches you made for me so I can replace them? Appreciate you letting me know

>> No.5070270

>>5069141
Did using https work for ya?

>> No.5070476

>>5070063
>Indora No Hikari
Already knew that one was borked, but the rest are a bit of a surprise. I used the roms with the matching CRC32's to what the translations said they needed, I used Floating IPS and it said everything was proper, so I'm not sure what happened here.

>> No.5070559

hey man, are you gonna add a gamecube section soon? Been looking for Path of Radiance lately

>> No.5070692

>>5070270
Nope, doesn't work.

>> No.5071054

great site

love the no bullshit layout

>> No.5071324

Thoughts on having prototypes on here as well?

>> No.5071393

>>5026245
>>5026259
yea I couldnt access the site while using a vpn.

>> No.5071608

>>5071324
Already are a few, but they are in with romhacks or the official releases from what I've seen.

>> No.5072087

>>5070559
I wasn't planning on it with all the heat right now. That and I think it'll fill the drive up real quick. I could always get another though. I'll consider it but I'll need to hunt down a good source first before I can do that. I have some places though, but it'll take a while.

>>5071393
Depends on where the VPN is connected. Also I have nginx set to block anonymous proxys. Trying to keep traffic as controlled as possible. I've had problems with bots for many years, basically making me pay tons of money for dialup like internet. I'm just being extra cautious.

>>5071324
I mean, I'll pretty much approve whatever people upload. I wish I could check them more often to see if they work but that's kinda what the report button is for. If someone goes on an upload spree, I can't check 40 different roms to see if they're all good, but if I get some one offs here and there I'll check. So if you upload them, I'll put them on, but that's not really something I go looking for.

>> No.5072117

>>5019276
OK In a few moments you will have all the NES and SNES ROM hacks that were on Emuparadise. Enjoy! Keep up the good work! They are two zips. Sorry for the caps on the NES set.

>> No.5072123 [DELETED] 

>>5072117
Perfect! Thanks a ton. I use advanced renamer to manage all file names so I can easily change it. You're the man

>> No.5072125

>>5072123
No yer the man! Thanks for keeping all this stuff available! It's just two big zip files, one for each system. SNES is taking a while... It's a gig zipped.

>> No.5072126

>>5072125
Didn't mean to delete that comment, but oh well lol. I'm transferring the NES set over now.

>> No.5072132

>>5071608
>>5072087
Maybe having a separate folder or section for prototypes would help keep things organized?

>> No.5072135

>>5072126
So while you have me here, what do you need?

>> No.5072139

>>5072135
Do you have any dreamcast games? That's the first thing I can think of. Or do you mostly have hacks? After looking at the total games made and what I have, my list is pretty small.

>> No.5072140

>>5072126
Well, here, I am gonna upload one last thing. This is the MADE collection: the 27 Colecovision, Atari, and Adam prototypes found in Oakland in 2008. This last tiny rom file contains Cabbage Patch Adventures in the Park for Atari 2600, but it's also got 12 revisions of that unreleased game. So, 11 proto versions of a proto. Some coleco protos in there too like Jigsaw, Hustler, and Swords and Sorcerer (only a demo, not playable)

>> No.5072143

>>5072140
Cool, appreciate that. I'm wondering if I should make a proto section now. Are all the files you've uploaded already all hacks or are some protos?

>> No.5072147

>>5072143
All the big zips were hacks. The tiny, tiny little roms.zip at the end was the protos.

The big SNES and NES packs were literally the same as Emuparadise offered as their big "ROM hacks" collection. They are probably snapshots of like... ROM hack scene 2011? I dunno. There's probably a distinct cutoff point when the zip was made and then uploaded and left.

I was about to upload 6 GB of Atari ST games, BUT! Two things about those. First, the best collections are just pirate disks with a few games on each disk, so you have to look them up in an index. And second, I just have the TOSEC, and in case anyone here didn't know, Archive.org hosts all TOSECs... For free. As torrents and straight downloads.

They also have a lot of No-Intros, but they are slightly hidden and you need a free account.

Sooooo, I won't upload those.

>> No.5072156

>>5072143
One more thing:please make those full rom zip files for SNES and NES available. We need those to spread far and wide as a whole collection. If I was the last guy out there with these files, we're in a baaaaaaad way. Let everyone grab the whole hackset.

>> No.5072160

>>5072156
Sure will, I'll do it as soon as the transfers done.

>> No.5072365

>>5072140
>Cabbage Patch Adventures in the Park for Atari 2600
I played a colecovision version of that game iirc... like forever ago.

>> No.5073232

>>5072365
Its actually just a rework of Athletic Day for the MSX, but the Atari port was never released.

>> No.5075358

Just a bump, this is the last thread on page 10 and it's been decent

>> No.5075365

>>5019276
saturn-j library is pretty decent but the USA selection seems quite lacking.

>> No.5075530

Hey, just want to say thanks for this service mate, I appreciate it.

>> No.5075656

>>5019276
Did you block Austria?

>> No.5075669

>>5075365
I'll see if I can hunt down some more for ya

>>5075530
No problem, glad you like it

>>5075656
Yes, way too many bots from there

>> No.5076518

>>5075669
legit bots or just a cunt abusing a download-manager?
pls don't hate on us poor mountainfolks :(

>> No.5076521

>>5076518
OESTERREICHS RISE UP

>> No.5076523

Unban pls

>> No.5076551
File: 39 KB, 970x304, 1521059835897.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have no clue where these rips come from, but this PC-98 game is called Grounseed, not GrounDseed

Source just to be precise:
https://www.mobygames.com/game/grounseed
https://vndb.org/v16868

>> No.5076940

>>5076551
Thanks, I'll get it fixed. Rips honestly just come from anywhere and everywhere. I rely pretty heavily on you guys reporting files so thanks for the heads up

>>5076523
Country?

>>5076518
I would imagine real bots. Bot detection is kind of hard but for days on end they'd be constantly transferring data at full speed.I can't imagine a real user actually doing that. I'll unban your country for ya since the whitelisting method has been working pretty well. Just trying to keep bandwidth controlled as much as possible you see.

>> No.5076957

>>5076940
what are they downloading

>> No.5077007

>>5019276
How does this page work? I get ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

>> No.5077009

>>5076957
Literally everything. Just scraping the entire roms folder. Whitelisting finally put a stop to it, but over the course of a few days it starts to bog the server down still so I have it set to wipe automatically on Sunday at midnight. Or when needed. I've actually caught 1 person so far trying to bypass the capthca by accessing the whitelist script directly. That results in a permanent ban. The whitelist gets cleared now and then, the ban list does not.

>> No.5077017

>>5077007
You're trying to access from a banned country. What country are you from and I may be able to remove the ban

>> No.5077047

>>5077017
Spain

>> No.5077054

>someone donates time, energy, bandwidth, and a server so everyone can get BS-free downloads of roms and iso's
>faggots everywhere attempt to download the entire collection despite TORRENTS being posted that contain that collection

>> No.5077061

>>5077054
it was meant to be downloaded, afterall

>> No.5077092

>>5070268

Sure, just uploaded all of them after I renamed them to something others might not completely hate. Rather than [En vX.XX Demiforce] or something I simply put (ENG), and often I include the readme from the patch in the zip. Rename them to fit your needs. They all work fine though, and can be renamed.

One thing: the first two I uploaded under "United States" by accident, I should have selected Japan:

Deep Dungeon III - Yuushi E No Tabi
Ganbare Goemon Gaiden - Kieta Ougon Kiseru

Woops!

As for why the patching may have failed: after doing many MANY of these I'm finding that it comes down to using the right dump, applying OR removing a header before patching, or expanding the rom before patching. To further add to confusion, some patch pages (like on romhacking) seem to give the CRC of a rom with or without a header. So you could have the correct rom version, but the CRC would be off due to it needing to add or remove header.

Basically, if after patching and playing for a minute or two (at least get past main menu and into the game code proper) it fails, try scanning the rom with ucon64 (UF Frontend) to see if the source rom has a header. If not, add one with ucon64 and re-patch. If so, remove the header and re-patch. ETC.

But the main thing to do first is of course check the CRC/MD5 hash of a given rom and to see if it matches what the patch creator used.

>> No.5077140

>>5077092
I hate the ones that require you to expand the rom, and don't bother to tell you. Or when I remove/add a header, and still don't have the right CRC. Because some asshole decided to use a mapper hack or some weird version of the damn rom.

Personally I think it's kinda dumb to have a patch that requires unheadered NES roms. All NES roms should have an iNES header, and hackers should expect people to use roms with a header.

>> No.5077165
File: 33 KB, 500x364, 1531203958007.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5019276
>>5074553

>> No.5077410

>>5077092
Awesome, thanks, I'll move them over before too long

>>5077165
Hell yea, always good to see other people trying to spread some retro.

>> No.5077443

I'm surprised how well compressed these files are. I don't know anything about how people compress files but when I downloaded Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 I noticed they were a bit big and opened looked inside using 7zip. I saw it was roms of every language so I deleted the ones I didn't want using 7zip and expected a smaller archive file. Instead the archive ended up much larger than the original, increasing from 56 to 98 megs in size.

>> No.5077460

I didn't know this existed. Thanks OP I will start using it since I just got a flashcart for my DS

>> No.5077476

>>5077443
You can choose the degree of compression with 7z, winrar, and the likes. Set it to maximum and you'll end up with much smaller files most of the time.

>> No.5077478

>>5077443
When you compress many different versions of the same thing (many dumps of the same ROM), you get a small filesize because of redundancy.

>> No.5077480

>>5019276
PC engine CD isos when?!

>> No.5077489

>>5077480
You can get them from about 7000 different internet sites, as long as your head isn't filled with rocks.

>> No.5077607

>>5066247
Keep getting "Secure connection failed", Firefox, Ublock and NoScript in Brazil. Tried disabling both add-ons to no success.

>> No.5077610

>>5077607
No VPN, desktop.

>> No.5077620

i just download complete sets from piratebay

>> No.5077774

I downloaded the nes full set but couldn't find smb2 japan and some other game I can't recall rn.
Thanks though I have had a lot of fun so far op

>> No.5077909

>>5035825
Know they're not "retro" but I can upload some ps2, GCN and wii/wii ware stuff if there's sections for them

>> No.5077914

>>5076940
Austria

>> No.5077917

>still blocked in Spain

>> No.5078354
File: 489 KB, 1266x490, SOTN ingame.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>everything since the 23rd has been deleted
Ok then. Just uploaded the Quality of Life Castlevania SotN hack, it removes the black borders from the top and bottom of the screen. Pic related.

>> No.5078359
File: 316 KB, 1266x486, SOTN menu.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5078354
Alright, it's back. Guess 4chan was just glitching. The hack also fixes the menu.

>> No.5078538

>>5019720
Debian is shit. Ubuntu is better.

>> No.5078546

>>5078538
>Debian is shit, Debian For Dummies is better.
Yeah, worlds of fucking difference.

>> No.5078554

>>5078546
There is a world of difference between your drivers working and repositories having what you want and having access to Launchpad PPA's.

Debian is RMS tier GNU shit. Only useful as a baseline.

>> No.5078561

>>5077478
that's the thing, there are tools to sort romsets. I know theres the smokemonster sets that are pretty well sorted. Too many bad dumps and romsets out there to sort through. Most people dont care so long as it works on their shitty emulator but it can be a pain.