[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 796 KB, 2098x1534, n64_forsaken_p_mcvbjt.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5005409 No.5005409 [Reply] [Original]

Playing through this game now for the first time. The limited lives made it seem impossible at first but then I realized you could replay levels to grind for lives.

I just found out this game was remastered recently on steam and seems to have new content. Anyone know about that? And do the PC and PS1 versions have different stuff than the N64 version?

Best song:
https://youtu.be/g2VxgO9b0Ns

>> No.5005415

what levels did you use to grind lives?
I was looking everywhere for them

>> No.5005428

>>5005415
The first mission on the hardest path seems like the best, where you have to protect 4 cores. It has 2 lives in it, and if a core gets destroyed after you grab them, then you will get taken back to the level select and only lose 1 life, so you'll still have 1 more than you did before. And of course if you can beat that level without dying and grab both lives, that's even better.

It might take less time overall to just fail the mission. You can ignore the 1st core, it doesn't take enough damage to get destroyed, and just go grab the 2 lives, then let the 2nd core get destroyed.