[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 113 KB, 500x254, MinstrelSongLogo.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4963007 No.4963007 [Reply] [Original]

Is there an undub patch for Minstrel's Song? That fucking English dubbing is so damn off-putting, I'll even take nodub over anything.

>> No.4963061

>talking about /v/ games in /vr/
>talking shit about the best video game ever created

>> No.4963079

>>4963061
suck my dick you retard

>> No.4963184

>>4963007
Not that I know.
Still, somehow ENG Saruin is a lot better than JP Saruin, everyone else but Sif is pretty bad compared to the JP dub, hell half of the NPCs are also voiced by Liam O'Brien, which is really uncanny considering he also voices Guella and Raphael.
>>4963061
Minstrel Song is a remake of a SNES game so it's legit.

>> No.4963245

>>4963184
Did they remake it on something that isn't the PS2?
Its my favorite game of all time, but /vr/ isn't where you should discuss it. Sadly, you will only get me talking to you if you take it to /v/.

I won't even be rude there, because it'll be on the board it is supposed to be on.

>> No.4963256

>>4963184
If Guella Ha isn't in all of your parties, I don't know what you are doing with your life.

>> No.4963275

>still no scarlet grace pc leak

>> No.4964090

>>4963245
IIRC remakes are allowed no matter the console, don't be so uptight.

>>4963007
No.

>> No.4964859
File: 40 KB, 339x339, 1489018039382.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4963245
Well, there's the Wonderswan Colour remaster, but it's just that, a remaster, it's totally different from Minstrel Song.
>>4963275
>New PC arrived yesterday
>oh boy I can't wait to make a fake JP Steam account and start a new Scarlet Grace file
>mfw cockblocked by Steam telemetry check
Guess I'll have to be patient and wait for the Vita upgrade then, Kawazu already said that the English version will take a while to come out.

Reminder to check TGS next month, he's gonna finally show us the RS3 remaster.

>> No.4965119

>>4964859
I wonder what the odds are of them finishing up Tatyana's sidequest? Did RS2 have any extras/added content like that?

Moreover, what is RS2 like on the VIta? I've been thinking of getting one to play it because I can't get into it on my phone.

>> No.4965178

>>4965119
RS2 was already a complete game so they didn't really have any sidequests to finish, but they did add one small event with Victor and a huge bonus dungeon with new classes, more bosses, tons of items, etc. I think the RS3 remaster is being supervised by kawazu himself so I'd expect an even higher quality than the RS2 remaster.

Apparently the Vita version of RS2 is fine, only downside is slower load times compared to PC.

>> No.4965620

>>4965119
High I'd say, Kawazu himself said he wanted to go back to RS3 and work some more on it, there's some pretty high expectations for characters like Tatyana, Volcano and the Professor.
RS2 was considered a complete game, but RS3 will be different given how they cut some stuff due to time constraints, I wouldn't be surprised to see some reworked stuff when it comes to the battle system too, if it will be anything like the SaGa 2/3 remakes it's going to be real fun to play through.
>Moreover, what is RS2 like on the VIta?
Good, only downside is that there's some slight loading times in certain sections compared to PC's instant loading, but I'm talking about one second of a black screen once in a while.

>> No.4966948
File: 38 KB, 612x344, 19.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw DMing my friends through an entire campaign of the Knights' family in Frontier 2 on tabletop and none of them have a slightest clue about whats going to happen next but they seem into it

>> No.4966979

>>4966948
Are they aware of it being based on SF2 or are you kind of making it up based on it?

>> No.4967006

>>4964859
I had the same shit, except I ended up importing a physical copy for the Switch. Just counting the fucking days til it gets here.

>> No.4967019

>>4966979
nah, they've never played a Kawazu game. I plan to show them it upon the end of the campaign. I'm following the storyline from the start but taking certain liberties with stuff based on what they want to do as players

>> No.4967437
File: 505 KB, 1000x813, 60848323_p0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4967006
Lucky you, I'll have to wait some more for the Vita version to get upgraded I guess, or a leak for the JP PC version, I sure am not buying another console for this, especially not when I just got a new PC.

A couple of tips from someone who already played the base version:
-Start with either Leonard or Urpina, Leonard has the most freedom of progression of all MCs but Urpina has a more focused scenario structure
-Leonard is technically the best beginner MC since he can choose to fight either base or powered up Firebringer at will whereas everyone else only fights either version depending on the routes they're in
-The game *should* be rigged to make you start with either of these two, though I don't know if the expansion changes that, anyway, leave Balmaint for last since he's meant for more experienced players
-Usual deal of saving in multiple save files
-The various achievements for collecting characters/formations etc. only work on a NG+ chain, so if you care about those mind you that starting separate NG+ chains will be a bad decision since the game registry is locked to each single NG+ cycle.

A bit of a mechanical spoiler regarding the character "creation":
The questions you get follow a thematical branching path, each question is supposed to appease to a certain Star God, so you have a base total of 12 possible constellation rewards which will give you different bonus/malus layouts AND an MC choice, the game also chooses the MC for you during this section, though you can ignore it and choose whoever you want, albeit without the constellation bonus to stats.
Moreover, the game registers your previous MC's history, depending on your previous playthrough, NG+ CC will add "secret" constellations such as Balor's or Saunock and also naturally skew the CC towards certain gods, this results in each CC process to be effectively different and influenced by what you did during each playthrough.