[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 23 KB, 275x299, mega_man_x_sprite-9629.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
493849 No.493849 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /vr/, let's play that game again where you help me remember what some 10 year old megaman sprite comics were called. Both were reasonably well written and remarkably technically proficient but apparently not popular enough that anyone ever described them within Google's earshot.

The first one started with Freeze Man's remains being dug out and resurrected from some dump by an OC robotics Doctor who bore a grudge against Dr. Cain for stealing his thunder in the development of the reploids and supplies Sigma with his robot bodies. Dr. Cain's enterprise apparently used harvested human spines in their reploids instead of creating them artificially - apparently a procedure so costly and difficult only this Doctor knew how to do, but I seem to recall later on this being revealed as just slander against Dr. Cain. Freeze Man is later humbled by how inferior he is to modern reploids and requests to be upgraded into one that looks like a blue redesign of Zero and has Mega Man's copy ability. Then some shit happens, there's a long-ass FFVI-style dream sequence I thought was an entirely new webcomic, and it ends with an epic battle that decides the faith of the multiverse.

Second was a considerably more subdued prequel to Mega Man X starring Zero, starting with his defeat and recruitment by Sigma and continuing into the first visible symptoms of Sigma's Maverick Virus, at which point the comic stalled and was eventually dropped.

>> No.495032
File: 282 KB, 1000x1000, 1338773439210[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>sprite comics

>> No.495060

bob and george?