Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

/vt/ is now archived.Become a Patron!

/vr/ - Retro Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 140 KB, 256x255, start-your-engines.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4819801 No.4819801 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

What are some games that /vr/ universally agrees are the uncontestable best in their respective genres?

>> No.4820226

>>4819801
Based OP.

>> No.4820603

>>4819801
this game will ever be topped?

>> No.4820871

>>4820603
Probably not.

>> No.4821681
File: 161 KB, 340x433, unnamed.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4821681

>> No.4822374

Just the one you posted

>> No.4822460

>>4819801
They were out of their fucking minds when they made this, games like that usually have good reception across the board, maybe not for entire genres but everyone agrees Super Metroid is amazing.

>> No.4823626

>>4820603
Depends on how they approach the remake and if it will support PC/SteamOS/Switch.

>> No.4823640

I disagree, I prefer MK64 in terms of both controls and especially track design (and of course multiplayer, no other go-kart game topped MK64's battle mode)
I like CTR better than Diddy Kong Racing though.

>> No.4823752
File: 32 KB, 189x189, 1496542701846.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4823752

>>4823626

>CTR remake
>Presumably by Vicarious Visions like Crash/Spyro trilogy

They already made Crash Nitro Kart and it was forgettable trash, not sure why anyone should trust them to remake one of the best kart racers in history. Leave the memories alone I say, nobody's going to do it better.

>> No.4823776

>>4823752
The trilogy remake was fine if you ignore the fact that it was poorly optimized. If they just """remaster""" it with better graphics, bug fixes and additional characters I don't think it would be terrible.

>> No.4824045
File: 191 KB, 1023x914, A01C9DA8-C80B-4664-9E93-8243E03986CB.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4824045

>>4819801
It’s customary for the OP to post the first image that qualifies for these types of threads. Let me help you out.

>> No.4825694

>>4824045
Lego racers was fun, but CTR had significantly better controls and was much more balanced when it comes to pickups.

>> No.4826574
File: 203 KB, 419x423, Crash_Nitro_Kart_Nitrous_Oxide.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4826574

>>4823752

Crash Nitro Kart wasn't bad, other than the fact that they nerfed N.Oxide. It's Crash Tag Team Racing that was the most forgettable - other than it's gimicky tagging mechanic I don't remember much.

>> No.4826612

>>4823752
I don't really see why you feel this way. Putting aside the fact that certain asthetics were lost in translation the crash remakes are essentially the same game down to their geometry from the original games.

I see no reason why this wouldn't be the case for CTR either.

>> No.4826731

I prefer Mario Kart 64 for the Nintendo 64 console

>> No.4827809

>>4821681
(You)

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action