[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 94 KB, 256x256, Fftbox.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4760235 No.4760235 [Reply] [Original]

exactly how tactical is tictacs? I couldn't finish a single fire emblem game so I'd say I'm pretty shit at srpgs

>> No.4760248

It's not like Shining Force where you just grind to win and everybody is locked into a single class for the entire game. You do have to swap classes and mix and match skills you've unlocked to create viable character builds that can defeat the game's ridiculously overpowered bosses. Of course, there are plenty of OP skill combos that can break the game a dozen ways from Sunday, but that's not uncommon with any game that has an elaborate class system.

>> No.4760250

>>4760248
I still haven't played Final Fantasy Tactics, but if you think Shining Force requires grinding, FFT must be braindead easy.

>> No.4760256

even if you're an idiot, you can grind and unlock some broken jobs or create broken job combinations
it can be tactical if you just follow the plot and don't spend much time grinding

>> No.4760505

>>4760235
>exactly how tactical is tictacs?
It's not tactical at all, and neither is tactics ogre by the same guy. It realies entirely on grinding.
To get by in the game you need certain classes of characters that are strong against certain enemies, but to get those classes you need to grind, then those classes need specific moves and to unlock those moves you need to grind more.
These games are terrible, stuff like shining force and fire emblem are 100 times better.