[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 28 KB, 425x347, 402047-starfox64logolg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
473798 No.473798 [Reply] [Original]

>late 90's
>can't complete starfox 64, always get to Andros(s?)i on my last life
>two weeks ago, decide to play again
>lose one life, complete the game with no efforts

When was the last time you realized that you got better?

>> No.474102

>>473798
same kinda thing with me, i couldnt beat starfox64 at all when i was a kid

i bought a 3ds and bought starfox when it came out, i beat it in 1 sitting, only took like an hour or so - it is infact a very short game

it is 100%ing it that takes time

did you or anyone in here actually beat it to the point where you get to run in mutliplayer mode? i can't remember exactly what you had to do to unlock it, but it was something BRUTAL

>> No.474114

>>474102
>In order to unlock this mode you need to unlock Expert Mode by obtaining every medal from each level. Once that is done you need to play Expert Mode and get ONE of the two medals on Venom, I suggest the top route in which you fight team Star Wolf.

>> No.474148

>Be a kid
>Can't even get past Sector X in this game
>Play for months
>Finally beat the damn game (easy route)
>Wait
>There's more?!

I must have been a pretty stupid kid, I guess I thought the other planets were ornamental or something. Just imagine my face when getting the proper ending on Corneria for the first time.

>> No.475114
File: 319 KB, 494x487, 1365174894652.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Be a kid
>Get this game for xmas
>Never heard of it
>Start it
>Characters start fucking talking

I'll never forget it... "we need you help, star fox!"

Was voice acting really so rare at that time?

>> No.475489

>>475114
It was on consoles

>> No.477029
File: 239 KB, 462x539, laughing dogs.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>474148
>Wait
>There's more?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0i_SI63I70&t=7m2s

>> No.477046

>Be a kid
>Figure out all these puzzles and beat all these bosses and things
>Replay the game older
>Can't do anything

How did younger me figure out this cryptic bullshit?

>> No.478087

Not /vr/, but I enjoy finding an interesting weapon in TF2 and deciding that I WILL get good at this thing dammit. I did it with the Flying Guillotine and lately have been trolling as a competent battlemedic with the Crusader's Crossbow.

I like playing support classes, makes me feel like I'm actually contributing to the team rather than just running about getting kills.

>> No.478179
File: 491 KB, 500x242, Crono vs Dragon Tank.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

When I could get past this guy. When I was a kid and played this game for the first time, I could NOT get past this one guy no matter how hard I tried. A couple months ago I started emulating the game and kicked his ass no problem. Yes, I just beat Chrono Trigger a few months ago despite owning it as a child.

>> No.478289

Mega Man 2
those one-eyed jumping machines gave me nightmares
the lazerbeam and pumping music drenched me in adrenalin induced cold sweat and everything else made me rage my fucking throat out
nowadays it's just so smart and logical and hnngh
just wish my dad wouldve actually given some pointers back then instead of gulping my tears, damn troll.