Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

/vt/ is now archived.Become a Patron!

/vr/ - Retro Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 87 KB, 1280x790, 611+hnOuHpL._SL1280_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4715862 No.4715862 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

>cheap and affordable: check
>built like a tank: check
>perfect for local multiplayer: check
>convenient and easy to use: check
>amazing games: check
This is the Nintendo 64. The best console ever made. PC is a superior platform to every console, but as consoles go, this is the peak. It is everything a console should be. No load times, sturdy, easy to use, fun, cheap. No other console is as perfect as the N64. Fact.

>> No.4715867

Doesn't really have any games that I like, though. Super Robot Wars 64 is literally the only N64 game I own.

>> No.4715868

The cartridge format allowed it to have a longer legacy than the CD and DVD format systems because little kids could change the carts without scratching the fuck out of them. SNES/NES/Genesis all had the same benefits that kept them in popular culture long after they ceased production.

>> No.4715869 [DELETED] 

>>4715862
>Doesn't really have any games that I like, though.
Yes, unfortunately the N64 did not have any games made for faggots. For the rest of us who enjoy actual good games like Perfect Dark and Ocarina of Time however, it has the best.

>> No.4715870

>>4715867
>Doesn't really have any games that I like, though.
Yes, unfortunately the N64 did not have any games made for faggots. For the rest of us who enjoy actual good games like Perfect Dark and Ocarina of Time however, it has the best.

>> No.4715873

>>4715862
>>amazing games: check
Uh...

>> No.4715874

If they had designed a halfway decent controller it would have been way better. I cant even find a knockoff brand worth half a shit.

>tfw your copy of Mario 64 gets lost in a move

>> No.4715880

>>4715862
shit system with a handful of decent games. All of the games would have been better on Saturn.

>> No.4715884
File: 43 KB, 712x874, ken_kutaragi_on_suicide_watch.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4715884

>>4715873
>Uh...
Uhhh ohhh

>> No.4715887

>>4715880
>shit system
Since you mentioned games separately, I can only assume you're speaking in terms of the physical design. What exactly about 4 controller ports, the best hardware of the gen, no load times and no moving parts makes it a "shit system"? I await your thorough explanation.
>All of the games would have been better on Saturn.
Lmao, my dude, the Saturn couldn't even handle its own games let alone games from the N64.

>> No.4715902

I only experienced the major 3rd party games and the Rareware platformers ( plus snowboard kids 2 and rampage world tour rentals ) and that was still enough to make the N64 worthwhile to me. If a console has minimum 20 games that I like, it's good.

That being said, I bought a used N64 and i'm waiting for my everdrive to get here. I'm pretty hyped to relive my old favorites and get to play some of the other games I missed out on.

>> No.4715916

>>4715862
It makes /vr/ go full retard. I love my nintendo 64 it's like an amazing greatest hits album or something like that but videogame related.

>> No.4715972

>>4715916
>It makes /vr/ go full retard.
Add that to the list of great things about it. The reason it triggers /vr/ so badly is because it's often perceived as the normie/chad console despite also having some of the most highly rated games of all time. It's cool to hate on the '64 around here because every hipster contrarian wants to pretend their favorite hiddun jem shovelware is better than the likes of SM64 or OoT, but deep down everybody knows the truth: the N64 is legit.

>> No.4715979

>>4715902
>If a console has minimum 20 games that I like, it's good.
Thing is, most consoles don't even have many more than that. I've yet to find a console that had more than about 30 games that were really, really worth playing. The N64 easily has 2 or 3 dozen.

Congrats on getting the everdrive, it's a good purchase. I highly recommend checking out Quake 2, Perfect Dark, Wetrix, Tetrisphere, Blast Corps, Killer Instinct and Ogre Battle 64 if you haven't already.

>> No.4715980
File: 385 KB, 933x606, 95D211B1-264B-4FCC-9BAE-56419D7B600F.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4715980

>>4715862
Too busy playing pic related instead

>> No.4715986

>>4715980
>Too busy playing pic related instead
I don't know how. The PS1 is seriously one of the most boring consoles I've ever played. There's just about fuck all outside of RPGs. The me-too platformers like Crash and Spyro are a snore, the shooters are laughable compared to N64 offerings, there's basically no puzzle games worth playing, no adventure games other than Alundra which is broken garbage, and no racing games as good as DKR or F-Zero X. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

>> No.4715992

>>4715980
>nursing home grey with bright neon letters on buttons and logo
the coloring reflects the quality of the system itself

>> No.4716014

>built like a tank
>controller stick wobbles in the distance

>> No.4716050

>>4716014
>controller stick wobbles in the distance
Literally the only poorly made thing in the entire console/controller and is easily fixed with kitsch-bent replacement parts for a few cents. The trade off is that it's the most precise analog stick ever made, though.

>> No.4716062

>>4715884
So many great games: Zelda, the list goes on...

>> No.4716075

>>4716062
>Zelda, the list goes on...
Yes, yes it does.
>Super Mario 64
>Banjo-Kazooie series
>Goldeneye
>Perfect Dark
>Turok series
>DOOM 64
>Majora's Mask
>Mario Kart 64
>Diddy Kong Racing
>F-Zero X
>Mario Party series
>Star Fox 64
>Super Smash Bros.
>Conker's BFD
>Paper Mario
>Ogre Battle 64
>Jet Force Gemini
>Blast Corps
>Wetrix
>Tetrisphere
>Kirby 64
>Goemon series
>Pilot Wings
>Harvest Moon 64
The list goes on, indeed.

>> No.4716076
File: 170 KB, 640x884, SRS.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4716076

>>4715867
If you like strategy RPGs you should play Ogre Battle 64 too.
Also, there's Super Robot Spirits which is a 3D fighting game based on the SRW series.

>> No.4716084

>>4716076
I played Super Robot Spirits, but didn't care for it. Still, it was interesting to see that Judecca was a thing before SRW Alpha.

>> No.4716091

>>4715972
>It's cool to hate on the '64 around here
Don't worry, I'm not singling you out. I hate the entire 5th gen.

>> No.4716093

>>4716075
Ok, anon, go ahead and start.

>> No.4716096

>>4716093
>LOL DUDE THAT WHOLE LIST OF GAMES IS SHIT
And this is why nobody will ever take your opinion seriously.

>> No.4716112

>console war shit in the current year

Bruh. Get over yourself. The 5th gen was great. All three major consoles have a lot to love about them, and by now you should own them all.

>> No.4716121

>>4716112
>All three major consoles have a lot to love about them
Nah, go fuck yourself you plastic-hoarding, cum-guzzling retard. The N64 was a legitimately good console, but the rest of the 5th gen was a disaster. PS1 was a fragmented piece of shit that didn't know what it wanted to be and had nothing worth playing other than JRPGs, and the Saturn was an utter failure that only had arcade ports. Get real.

>> No.4716171

>>4715972
exactly.

>>4716091
Don't worry, you will always be a giant faggot.

>> No.4716187

>>4716121
>Nah, go fuck yourself you plastic-hoarding, cum-guzzling retard
lmao

>27 replies, 15 posters

Daddy Nintendo will still love you if you stop spamming the board

>> No.4716205

>>4716121
Yeah naw, how about you go fuck yourself you cum-guzzling retard. Fucking faggot thinks he has an expert level opinion on consoles. You get real and shut the fuck up.

>> No.4716210
File: 356 KB, 1214x1239, it_seems_you_are_extremely_upset.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4716210

>>4716205
>Yeah naw, how about you go fuck yourself you cum-guzzling retard. Fucking faggot thinks he has an expert level opinion on consoles. You get real and shut the fuck up.

>> No.4716212

>>4716187
>27 replies, 15 posters
That's roughly 2 replies per poster

>> No.4716216

>>4716187
>27 replies, 15 posters
>each poster can only make one reply
Imagine being this retarded.

>> No.4716218
File: 2.80 MB, 350x255, giphy.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4716218

>>4716212
>>4716216

>> No.4716219

The PS2 will always be the greatest console ever made.

>> No.4716220

>>4716219
>looks like total ass
>only two controller ports
>worst graphics of the gen other than maybe DC
>shit-tier online that required a bulky peripheral to use
>literally nothing worth playing except multiplats
>best console
Yeah, okay chief.

>> No.4716224

>>4716219
Not retro and Switch is shaping to be bigger than the PS2.

>> No.4716226

>>4716220

None of this is true except the controller ports thing. Not the same person, by the way.

>>4716212

And one third of the posts are the same person.

>> No.4716227

>>4716220
>only two controller ports
Wait, I never had a PS2. Is this actually true?
If so, that is inexcusable.

>> No.4716230

>>4716227
>Wait, I never had a PS2. Is this actually true?
It was the only console of the gen with 2 ports.

>> No.4716240

>>4716226
>And one third of the posts are the same person.
You?

>> No.4716246

>>4716240

No, it's the tryhard that tries to turn every post on it's head as passive aggressively as possible.

>> No.4716249

>>4716226
>None of this is true except the controller ports thing
>implying it didn't have the worst graphics other than DC (a fact)
>implying it didn't have bad online that required a bulky peripheral (a fact)
>pretending it didn't look like shit
>pretending it actually had games worth playing
Lmao, okay retard.
>And one third of the posts are the same person.
Crying samefag is the classic sign of a buttmad loser.

>> No.4716252

>>4716075
got anymore? seems like you posted it's entire library

>> No.4716259

>>4716252
>seems like you posted it's entire library
So I guess that's about 20 more games worth playing than the PS1 or Saturn's library.

>> No.4716262

>>4716252
Do you like racing games that run at 20 frames per second, playing FPSes with a single analog stick, and collecting things? I'm sure the answer is yes so you are in luck

>> No.4716263

>>4716249

>implying
Man even /v/ dropped this shitposting.

Also, none of the shit you said is true AGAIN.

>> No.4716268

>>4716262
>Do you like racing games that run at 20 frames per second
Except that MK64 and F-Zero X, the two most popular racers on the system, run at 30 and 60fps respectively.
> playing FPSes with a single analog stick
Funny you mention this, because unlike PS1 shooters (the majority of which don't even support analog controls), almost every N64 shooter has customizable controls, which actually lets you use the dpad or c-buttons to move and the stick to aim, just like a modern dual-analog shooter such as Halo. Using a raphnet adapter, you can even use two sticks.

>> No.4716269

>>4716252
>no bomberman
>no AKI wrestling games
>no Midway racers
>no Treasure games
>no Wonder Project
>no multiplayer puzzlers like Pokemon Puzzle League or Puyo Puyo Sun
>no Custom Robo V1 and 2.
No, that list is basic as fuck and not even close to being even a significant fraction of the library IMO.

>> No.4716270

>>4716263
>Man even /v/ dropped this shitposting.
Lmao, no, it didn't.
>Also, none of the shit you said is true AGAIN
>if I keep sayng it isn't true, it won't be
Imagine being this upset.

>> No.4716275

>>4716270

No, even /v/ did.

And you're not even able to stay on track, what you said about the PS2 is STILL wrong and you're trying to segue away.

>> No.4716278

>>4715874
Look up the Hori controller, but they aren't cheap

>> No.4716280

>>4716275
>And you're not even able to stay on track, what you said about the PS2 is STILL wrong and you're trying to segue away
I'm going to ignore the fact you actually think /v/ doesn't still using "implying" like some delusional retard and focus on this point of contention: please provide factual evidence as to why I'm wrong, because so far you've failed to do so. The GCN and Xbox both had more good games, and better looking games. Also, your contention of the PS2 using a bulky peripheral for online services as being anything other than fact is, frankly, disturbing. Unless you're using a slim model (which was produced long after the PS2 was no longer even relevant), you needed an accessory to access online functionality, and said functionality was severely limited by the lack of a unified online service like the Xbox had. I await your informed and well-prepared response.

>> No.4716289

>>4716280
Oh sure implying still exists, but it's only the most retarded rejects of 4chan that still do it and they do it on almost any board equally (you being here on /vr/ as exhibit A). It's not an actual living /v/ specialty anymore, and /v/ hates it just as much as every other board.

Here's a real argument for you, since you're a bit slow this will probably surprise you, but in reality you don't get to tell someone to back up their claim when you're unable to back up yours. HURR DURR the PS2 had bad graphics even though games like Shadow of the Colossus wouldn't have run on even the Xbox because of the alpha blending used in the game. HURR DURR the PS2 has a bulky peripheral even though that was only the phat PS2 and it was still smaller than the GCN's ethernet peripheral, as though either matters.

Any time you greentexted you were WRONG with some weird exception that you managed to count the controller ports on the system correctly. Must have just guessed.

>> No.4716298

>>4716289
even then the slim PS2 had ethernet built in, as long as you had a slim the fuckhueg peripheral doesn't even matter.

>> No.4716303

>>4716289
>Oh sure implying still exists
Alright contradicting your own argument, off to a great start.
>Here's a real argument for you,
Doubtful, but okay, let's hear it.
> but in reality you don't get to tell someone to back up their claim when you're unable to back up yours.
Who said I wasn't able to back up mine? Let's see... Resident Evil 4 on GCN and DOOM 3 on Xbox. There you go, your entire point is irrelevant.
> HURR DURR the PS2 had bad graphics even though games like Shadow of the Colossus wouldn't have run on even the Xbox because of the alpha blending used in the game.
Holy shit, you just went full retard. Are you actually trying to pretend the PS2 had better graphics than the Xbox? Please tell me you aren't really this stupid.
> HURR DURR the PS2 has a bulky peripheral even though that was only the phat PS2 and it was still smaller than the GCN's ethernet peripheral, as though either matters.
I don't remember making any comment about the GCN's online capabilities, nor the size of its network peripheral. Though, since you mentioned it, the GCN's broadband adapter fit flush with the bottom of the console, and the PS2's online adapter was a heaping brick sticking out of the back. Either way, the PS2's online was a joke compared to Xbox, so I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here.
>Any time you greentexted you were WRONG with some weird exception that you managed to count the controller ports on the system correctly. Must have just guessed.
I'm literally right about everything and you're very, very upset.

>> No.4716312

>>4716303
>Alright contradicting your own argument, off to a great start.
No, retard, saying rejects still go for a meme is not a contradiction of the fact that 4chan, /v/ included, has dropped such a laughable, stupid posting shitposting strategy as
>implying
>implying
>implying
Good job.

The rest of your post is wrong as usual, no I'm not saying the PS2 is more powerful graphically than the Xbox. I said SotC wouldn't run on the Xbox because it can't handle the alpha blending used in that game, which is 100% true. I see why you stick to the implying posts when most people dropped it.

>I don't remember making any comment about the GCN's online capabilities

No one cares what you think (also, nice try stuffing words in my mouth while trying to make a "I never said X" claim). You're bitching about a popular peripheral over something that doesn't matter.

>I'm literally right about everything and you're very, very upset.

And you're STILL wrong.

>> No.4716321

Man this could have been a nice N64 discussion thread but console war bullshit had to ruin it all.

>> No.4716323

>>4716312
>No, retard, saying rejects still go for a meme is not a contradiction of the fact that 4chan, /v/ included, has dropped such a laughable, stupid posting shitposting strategy as
Imagine being so assblasted that you have to make this kind of arbitrary argument just to detract from the actual discussion. /v/ still uses "implying" heavily, but okay, let's move on, retardo.
> no I'm not saying the PS2 is more powerful graphically than the Xbox.
You originally said I was wrong for saying the PS2 was less powerful than the Xbox and GCN. Now you're admitting I was right? Lmao, holy fucking shit you are stupid.
>No one cares what you think
Apparently you do or you wouldn't keep replying.
> You're bitching about a popular peripheral over something that doesn't matter.
I simply stated a fact: the PS2 needed a periphal to use online functions, and those online functions were sub-par. That's a fact. Dry your tears and get over it.
>And you're STILL wrong.
Nah, I'm not.

>> No.4716325

>>4716321
Always happens when OP acts like an arrogant jerk with "Facts" half the board is going to disagree with. Start a general appreciation thread and it will have less garbage in it.

>> No.4716326

>>4716323
>the PS2 needed a periphal to use online functions
>What is the Slim model PS2, Alex?

>> No.4716328

>>4716326
>what is being released at the end of the console's life
>what is having its own problems like using emulation instead of real hardware for backwards compatability

>> No.4716330

>>4716328
>consoles have life spans
this meme is retarded and needs to die

>> No.4716332

>>4716330
Okay retard, it didn't have a "life span", the slim revision was just released right before the end of the 6th gen and it wasn't relevant. Happy now?

>> No.4716334

>>4716303
Games built specifically for the PS2 went well beyond what the Xbox could achieve. This is evident in numerous ports from PS2 to Xbox where the Xbox versions were an undeniable visual or performance downgrade - such as MGS2 and Silent Hill 2. Xbox being limited by its custom Direct X API and Nvidia hardware crippled its potential where the PS2 being a more traditionally designed console had no problem powering its way through odd and unique rendering techniques. It also helps that in many cases the PS2 could provide a cleaner picture as the Xbox does apply a filter over its output. The main leg up it has is in multiplat titles, many games which hit 720p, and a library that universally runs at 480p except for a single game.

>> No.4716338

>>4716332
dunno, it kind of was relevant because it was much cheaper than a shitty fat boy, and it's the objectively best version of it, much quieter and less likely to shit itself life the fat models, and due to 3rd world shitholes like Brazil the PS2 was semi-relevant up until at least 2010 or so. I mean shit, it's still getting software in the form of FIFA and whatnot.

>> No.4716340

>>4716323
>Imagine being so assblasted that you have to make this kind of arbitrary argument
Pointing out that you can't make a post without
>implications
must really have hurt you.
>You originally said I was wrong for saying the PS2 was less powerful than the Xbox and GCN.
And you are wrong. All four systems of that gen were capable of things the others were not. The DC was only weak in terms of T&L, it otherwise thrashed the PS2 at everything except alpha blending, which the PS2 was best at in that gen. You're making a stupid post in the first place and it's wrong, make no mistake. Even if you had been right in the vaguest sense, it'd be by sheer luck, you have no idea what you're talking about.
>Apparently you do or you wouldn't keep replying.
Oh okay, you'll be admitting you're wrong, then, because you keep replying to me, huh? That's how it works!
>I simply stated a fact: the PS2 needed a periphal to use online functions, and those online functions were sub-par. That's a fact. Dry your tears and get over it.
You were making a shitpost about something that doesn't matter. Every system until the xbox required an ethernet peripheral. Hell the PS2's was the best one because it added HDD support, which made it the best platform for piracy of that gen.
>Nah, I'm not.
Not only are you STILL wrong, but you're also clearly mad that a bunch of memes from a DECADE ago aren't enough to shield your shitty opinion from reality.

>>4716332
>Sony stopped PS2 phat production on September 2004
>Total PS2 sales after that point were over 70 million

Yeah the slim must have not mattered.

>> No.4716343

>>4716338

Actually the last PS2 games was FIFA 2014, released five years ago, released exclusively in Brazil. They don't make PS2 games anymore.

>> No.4716347

>>4716343
damn, up until 2013. really gets the noggin jogging doesntit

>> No.4716357

>>4716268
>Except that MK64 and F-Zero X,
He was asking for more, luckily there are enough hideous mediocre 3D racers on the system to please anyone, or at least anyone who hates rpgs and fighting games.

> lets you use the dpad or c-buttons to move and the stick to aim, just like a modern dual-analog shooter such as Halo
Just like a second analog stick, except not analog and not a stick. Also just like playing at 60FPS with a mouse and no fog, except completely different and inferior.

>>4716321
this was created as a bait thread but not so much that it will be deleted

>>4716328
>what is changing the subject instead of admitting you're wrong
lolololol

>> No.4716374

n64 fanboys are the most boring niggas alive

>> No.4716375

Fucking Christ, why are N64 fanboys so over-compensating and obnoxious.

>> No.4716380

It's the same fucking autist again as well. So easy to spot his posts. Troll posts always start with imagine being so (insult here), then when he eventually gets btfo he starts desperately samefagging.

Don't you have anything better to do?

>> No.4716381

>>4716357
>>4716374
>>4716375
n64 really does trigger /vr/, damn. based n64.

>> No.4716382

>>4716381
yawn

>> No.4716404

>>4716325
I think the opposite side is just over reacting to a little light humor.

>> No.4716414

N64 might be the only platform in history where good, great and notable games constitute a relatively high percent of the entire library. About 370 games were released in total and really there's like 120 that are often recommended. Compare that to Famicom/NES 1900 games out of which maybe 250 are noteworthy.

>> No.4716425

>>4716414
Yep. The N64 has an unbelievably high ratio of quality to quantity. Even a lot of the games that would normally be shovelware on other consoles (racers, wrestling games, sports games, etc) tend to be really good on N64. That's because Nintendo was extremely careful about who they allowed to develop for the system, and they often worked closely with 3rd party developers to ensure that their products met a certain level of quality. They also had a "dream team" composed of devs like Rare and Midway who they contracted to produce many titles of varied genres, and gave preferential treatment and additional development resources.

>> No.4716445

Yeah, the games are good. But the hardware is utter shit unfortunately, with the peak of stupidy from Nintendo being removing a few capacitors and resistors so it couldn't even output in RGB when all other consoles had that as a standard since the late 80s. Compared to the competition, the initial perception of the N64 was that its graphics were muddy as fuck due to being composite only.

>> No.4716448

>>4716445
>But the hardware is utter shit unfortunately
Yeah, no, it's not.
>removing a few capacitors and resistors so it couldn't even output in RGB
That isn't even close to how it works and you sound fucking retarded.
>Compared to the competition, the initial perception of the N64 was that its graphics were muddy as fuck due to being composite only.
I know you probably weren't even alive to experience the "initial perception", but nobody gave a single fuck about this. 99% of people used composite for every game console. You bought the console, you plugged it into the TV, that was it. Nobody cared about this shit. The games looked good and that was all that mattered.

>> No.4716456
File: 25 KB, 500x338, conker n64.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4716456

>>4715979
>I've yet to find a console that had more than about 30 games that were really, really worth playing
PS1

>>4716121
PS1 has a lot more variety

>>4716220
Xbox was better for multiplats idiot, also PS2 had a lot of interresting and wortwhile exlcusives

>>4716328
>end of life
2004 was more in the mid for the PS2, 2007/8 was nearing for most regions

>>4716425
>They also had a "dream team" composed of devs like Rare and Midway who they contracted to produce many titles of varied genres, and gave preferential treatment and additional development resources.
>Rare & Nintendo
>good working relation

>> No.4716459

>>4715862
I tire of this favoritism that serves no purpose but to start shit.
All consoles from the 1st to 7th gen are beautiful in their own way.
The PS1, the N64, and the Saturn are all beautiful. Their sales success then is irrelevant today.
What matters is their library, and each one can claim to a vast number of titles.
To argue over which of these is superior achieves nothing.

Besides, it's the current generation of consoles that all suck ass.
Paying extra for online play on ALL of them? In this day and age? Fuck right off with that shit.

>> No.4716471

>>4716448
>99% of people used composite for every game console.
If you live in that retarded country with an orange president, sure. The civilized world did not.

>> No.4716674

Was it okay to purchase the 2.5 over the 3.0 Everdrive? I cannot justify purchasing something for $50 extra for a small handful of games that I probably won't like to play. I don't mind pressing reset during each save as well.

>> No.4716683

>two hundred ninety six games: check

>> No.4716684

>>4716471
>thinks japan didn’t use composite 99% of the time
>thinks palfags are relevand

>> No.4716687

>>4716448
Thanks for this post, right in every way. I hate people like that, what a retarded piece of shit.

>>4716471

I lived in western europe and every one of us had fucking RF.

>> No.4716719
File: 99 KB, 711x733, N64.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4716719

>>4715862
>The best console ever made.
I think the contention around /vr/ involving the 3x 5th gen systems is that they were all really good.
The ONLY thing I knew about Saturn was that my buddy had one, and it was for Arcade fighters. Xmen etc.

So left is the PSX, which had a HUGE library, and many great games. N64 had a much smaller library, but higher quality overall. I don't think I could choose between them EXCEPT that I was old enough to drive when both were released in the USA. I got the n64. It still works to this day, and a few years back I gave it to my sister.

PSX on the other hand died pretty regular on my friends. Cds got ruined. Systems shit out. But audio was amazing on the PSX. PSX was not as much a light-hearted "party system" & I got the vibe it was a serious gamer type of thing.

N64 shined in that it had fewer titles, but they were exceptional. Less shovelware. Of course it had Zelda and everyone sucks its dick. I never enjoyed it. Everything that was on both systems was generally better on the N64 except for the audio. Each system had too many sports titles, but QB Club for n64 ran in "higher resolution" 640x480 and looked better then anything on the PSX. One of my personal favorites is NBA Hangtime. (My opinion can now be invalidated). Arcade style, but better then any other version INCLUDING the pc.

The n64 controller may have been a joke, but it worked for it....PSX had 3 different variations of the same damn thing...now with an added feature that few games used (analog sticks). N64's analog still is one of the best ever made. Its a shame that no one has made a solid metal one with metal gears. It was the big fail of the system, and was the first and last thing to be ruined. Too many moving parts made out of plastic always fail under use. Making them totally from steel or other alloys would have been very cost prohibitive. Its my only complaint about the system & I have repaired many.

>> No.4716731

>>4715874
You'll find good controllers when you stop being autistic about buttons being too stiff or a D-pad being 2 degrees too tilted one way

>> No.4716782

>>4715870
>Yes, unfortunately the N64 did not have any games made for faggots.
Kek

>> No.4716846

>>4716456
Lmao bro the PS1 didn't even have 5 games worth playing

>> No.4716858
File: 3.92 MB, 463x346, 1522191975616.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4716858

>>4716448
As much as i dislike n64 fanboyism, this is 100% true.

>> No.4716861
File: 248 KB, 800x630, IMG_7003.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4716861

>>4716425
>Even a lot of the games that would normally be shovelware on other consoles (racers, wrestling games, sports games, etc) tend to be really good on N64.
It's mostly table scraps getting overhyped because sour grapes

>>4716404
I had to live through this, ironically shitposting about how Bomberman 64 is le 9/10 hidden gem isn't funny, it's offensive. Legit triggered.

>> No.4716868

>>4716861

that comic is some cringe

>> No.4716873
File: 276 KB, 603x859, 1446399876802[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4716873

>>4716861
aaahhh, good ol' dobby

>> No.4716875

>>4716861
Anon, stop blowing things out of proportion. This'll just end up ballooning into a huge mess.

>> No.4716883

>>4716861
all of the day bro

>> No.4716889
File: 44 KB, 404x395, Man of mystery.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4716889

I disagree, the Sega Saturn was clearly the peak of console perfection, it was just failed by the industry not realizing that.

>> No.4716895
File: 860 KB, 135x95, 1512951434684.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4716895

>>4716889

>> No.4716906

>>4716889
Why do you hide behind that disguise? Why are you not just beating the shit out of the anti-Saturn heathens, Sanshiro-sama?
You haven't gone soft, have you?

>> No.4716908

>>4716075
Why are N64 fanboys such fanatics? It's a good console, but it has obvious and severe flaws such as the size of the library. Hence why you had to scratch the bottom of the barrel and list a bunch of garbage as "great games".

>> No.4716910

>>4716908
>list a bunch of garbage as "great games".
Such as?

>> No.4716915

>>4716889

saturn is great if you like weebshit

>> No.4716934

>>4716910
hes just going to tell you that stuff like tetrisphere and pilot wings are garbage because he has never played any of them and they don't appear on any of his buzzfeed top 10 lists. because hes a faggot.

>> No.4716937

>>4716910
almost every third party game you listed.

>the list goes on indeed

no it fucking doesn't.

>> No.4716942

>>4716934
Speak of the devil.
>>4716937
>almost every third party game you listed.
You mean all of the ones you haven't played? Name me 3 third party games off of this list that you have actually played and tell me why they're garbage.

Oh right, you can't.

>> No.4716945

>>4716934
oh wow you sure know a lot about me, overly defensive guy.

and yeah, these are both mediocre at best. certainly not the amazing gems that the guy's trying to sell them as. interesting that you preemptively pointed it out that I'm gonna say that, almost like you know it's the truth.

>> No.4716948

>>4716937
>only 6 out of 24 listed are even 3rd party
kek

>> No.4716951

>>4716945
>oh wow you sure know a lot about me
It seems he actually does, I think he's also right on betting you haven't even played those games.

Anyway,
>console warring
>2018
I mean, I get that N64 still gets a lot of hate because its emulators suck, but come on.

>> No.4716956

>>4716945
we're still waiting on you to list these games that you say are bad and give a reasonable explanation for why. that isn't so hard is it? or maybe... just maybe... you haven't played any of these games and are a deranged fanboy? yes, thats more like it.

>> No.4716958

>>4716942
>haha you haven't played them xD

I have played every game on the N64 library that isn't complete shovelware, ages ago. Apparently you think that's some impossible feat. Probably because your only defense is "haha h-he's just a casual". Or you're projecting because you yourself are the huge casual fanboy

>> No.4716960

>>4716958
>I have played every game on the N64 library that isn't complete shovelware, ages ago.
Lmao, no, you didn't.
>Apparently you think that's some impossible feat.
Not in the slightest. I just know you haven't, because you'd actually be able to tell me one single thing about these games that you call garbage and you can't do that. Shit nigger, you're not even smart enough to quickly google one and try to look for a quick flaw to harp on.

>> No.4716967
File: 6 KB, 226x223, 1516092270426.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4716967

>>4716960
>I'm gonna list a bunch of mediocre games and if you can't be arsed to list the flaws in all of them it means you haven't played them

>> No.4716969
File: 119 KB, 404x403, Your_Brain.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4716969

>>4716967
>I'm going to call a bunch of games I've never played "mediocre" because I'm assmad, even though the majority of the list is critically-acclaimed 1st and 2nd party games anyway

>> No.4716976
File: 7 KB, 200x200, ba2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4716976

>>4716967
>greentexting his responses
>using the most generic wojak possible
lol bro you are seething right now

>> No.4716980

>>4716967
>if you can't be arsed to list the flaws in all of them
he literally asked you to name 3 games that you thought were garbage and tell him why. that was pretty reasonable and you couldn't even manage to do that.

>> No.4716990

>>4716889
>terrible graphics
>so complex and stressful to develop for that it almost killed one of the Sonic X-treme devs
>big and bulky
>only 2 controller ports
>long load times
>basically no games other than arcade ports, hentai shit and shmups
>save battery that dies in 2 years, and internal memory can hold barely any data
>no way to use dual analog, or dpad + analog for shooters like PS1 and N64
>NTSC/PAL games came in giant longboxes that were brittle as fuck and almost always had terrible box art
>one of the worst ad campaigns ever devised
>thinking this piece of shit could ever be the best at anything
sega fanboyism is a legitimate mental disorder

>> No.4717014

>>4716990
>one of the worst ad campaigns ever devised
I don't like the Saturn, but getting Kamen Rider to beat people up was an amazing ad campaign.

>> No.4717019

>>4717014
Yeah, but that was only Japan...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99iiUtPR-fM

>> No.4717030

>>4717014
I think he was referring to the US ad campaign.
Because anyone shittalking the Japanese Saturn ads is out of their fucking mind.

>> No.4717042

>>4716990

Sega fans been

[ ] Not Told

[X] Told
[X] Really Told
[X] TOLDASAURUS REX
[X] Cash4Told.com
[X] No Country for Told Men
[X] Knights of the Told Republic
[X] ToldSpice
[x] The Elder Tolds IV: Oblivious
[x] Command & Conquer: Toldberian Sun
[x] Unreal Toldament
[x] Stone-told Steve Austin
[X] Roller Coaster Toldcoon
[x] Assassin’s Creed: Tolderhood
[x] Battletolds
[X] Toldasauraus Rex 2: Electric Toldaloo
[x] Told of Duty 4: Modern Toldfare
[X] Pokemon Told and Silver
[x] The Legend of Eldorado : The Lost City of Told
[X] Rampage: Toldal Destruction
[X] The Good, The Bad, and The Told
[x] Legend of Zelda: Toldacarnia of Time

>> No.4717047

>>4716990
It is the best at things, like it's the best console for playing Policenauts.

>> No.4717051
File: 1.06 MB, 1064x1750, the ps1 shit rat.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4717051

>>4716219
If you are he most normie scum of all time. then yes.

>>4715870
rekt

>>4716121
You can't drop truth bombs like this so early. You will trigger the ps1 fandom.

>>4716381
this.

>> No.4717053

>>4717047
>being best at playing a shitty graphical novel
That's like winning gold in the special olympics, my dude.

>> No.4717056 [DELETED] 
File: 1.76 MB, 1784x2392, SHIT_RAT_IDENTIFIED.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4717056

>>4717051
Ah, a fellow man of taste.

>> No.4717060

The n64 is good, but I'll always consider the SNES to be better.

>> No.4717065

>>4715862
> The best console ever made
one the most underwhelming consoles ever made, insanely difficult to program for, with fuck all memory and fuck all cart space to do anything decent with.

> PC is a superior platform to every console
once upon a time, less than 20 years ago, PC was a sad joke compared to home console market, for gaming that is. things have changed, but now consoles are PC based. so.. thanks for the poorly informed shitpost. you make that tripfag babbage gramps look like a genius.

WELL DONE.

>> No.4717067

>>4717042
Please go back to /b/ or leddit or whatever shitmeme hole you crawled out from.

>> No.4717070 [DELETED] 

>>4717065
>being this bum-pummeled
Would you by any chance be the owner of a Sony Soystation?

>> No.4717075

>>4717065
I think OP was referring to the Japanese computer market, which was superior to everything because it had titties.

>> No.4717101

>>4717067
Nice retort TOLDtimer

>> No.4717153

>>4717065
>less than 20 years ago, PC was a sad joke
Love these alternative facts

>> No.4717162

>>4717051
My first console was a PS1, yes, but I never, ever in my life, and especially not back then, claimed it was better than the N64. I always saw them as equals. I knew and visited more than one person with an N64, and I thoroughly enjoyed playing on both. I didn't give much of a fuck about graphic superiority. Hell, I played a Sega Genesis after the PS1 and N64, and I didn't think any less of it compared to the other consoles.

This arguing over old consoles is the stupidest shit. Why does it matter how much they sold in the end? Both consoles had a number of good games to each of them, why does it matter if one had a few more overall? Does that invalidate the other's library? No!

Even as my blood boils over the widespread support of Nintendo and Sony's modern-day shitty buisness practices, I cannot, and will not, ever participate in this garbage, outdated console war of years past. What do you assholes even gain in the long run from "winning" these stupid arguments? Any satisfaction is short-lived. Why can't we all just get along and all agree that the Atari Jaguar is the worst 5th Gen console of all?

I say that last bit even though I love the shit out of Tempest 2000, but even the 3DO makes the console look weak.

>> No.4717167

>>4717153
PC is still a joke today, so it's OK.

>> No.4717178

>>4717167
If you say so.

damn I love not paying extra for online gameplay

>> No.4717181

>>4717162
Jesus man, you're fucking retarded. You're sitting here crying about how console wars are "the stupidest shit" and how you "will not, ever participate" in them, yet you're perfectly fine with wasting an equal amount of time bitching about other people participating in them. Do you even see the laughable irony in that?

You know why people like talking about console wars? Because it's fun. Do you think anybody seriously thinks that arguing about the best 20 year old console is going to change anything? No. It's just a fucking argument. People like to compare dicks and spout memes and call each other retarded and remind themselves of why they like or dislike something. It's the same reason people get upset over arbitrary sports statistics or political views or any other meaningless shit.

I mean seriously, just shut the fuck up if you really don't care like you say. This kind of passive-aggressive, neutral attitude is 10x more insufferable than two douchebags arguing about their favorite plastic box. Get a grip.

>> No.4717189

I owned a PS and a PC before getting my N64, which I got at launch.
But man, when I got the 64... playing Sm64 and Pilotwings 64 for the first time in 1996 is something I'll never forget. The beginning of a whole new era of 3D games, something that I haven't yet experienced on the other systems, which had some platformers, and some flight simulators, but not with that same graphical fidelity.
It wasn't until 1997 that I noticed PC games started matching up with N64.
Only games that were better than N64 games in 1996 were some arcade ones, like Sega or Namco's lastest state of the art cabs.

>> No.4717201

>>4717181
Go deepthroat a bullet.

>> No.4717218

>>4717201
Sounds like I hit the nail on the head. Stay mad fagoid.

>> No.4717221

>>4717178
The price is easily negative if you enjoy even a few of the 30-50 free games you get yearly. Much better than having a game like pubg with client side, then another game next to it using servers.

>> No.4717226
File: 197 KB, 1920x1080, 1519102479073.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4717226

>>4715862
close, but no cube-gar

>> No.4717237

>>4717226
GameCube is a great system too, but it's basically just an N64 with better controls and graphics and worse versions of the same games. There are a few standouts like RE4 and F-Zero GX, but by and large, it saw all of the same major franchises (Mario, Zelda, Star Fox, Smash, etc) and almost all of them were worse than N64 equivalents. Just look at the gap in quality between SM64 and Sunshine, or SF64 and Assault. Also, it had a huge lack of games in particular genres. Much like the N64 it lacked RPGs, but to make matters worse, there were barely any good shooters, barely any good strategy games, barely any good sports games etc. I used to fucking adore my GCN, but in the long run, the N64 proved to be the better console.

>> No.4717309

>>4717237
I think the cube is better for niche standout games, like you said, there's less variety in genres and less games overall but I feel the games gcn did have were unique and colourful enough that they did the cube justice.
i always felt the gcn's strongsuits were artistic design and tight controls. metroid prime may not be the greatest fps but its world was rich and felt great to explore with controls that felt really really good once you became familiar with the controls. pikmin definitely wasnt the best rts but again its world and movement made it feel different and absorbing. the same thing can be said for it's premier racing game f-zero and even its premier fighting game you know the one.
gamecube had a morsel amount of games compared to n64 and certainly suffered for it but its heights as a console were absolutely divine

>> No.4717328

>>4717237
Although Sunshine wasn't as groundbreaking as Mario 64, I wouldn't call it worse. It's different, but I thought it was equally charming, and the water gun added an extra dimension to the game, making the game still feel new and fresh after SM64.

Wind Waker is imo better than OoT, but I'm sure many people will disagree. I do prefer MM over WW though, but again, they're mostly different rather than 'better' or 'worse'.

Smash is definitely an improvement over its N64 counterpart. As for Star Fox, yeah, you're right. Nintendo hasn't made good Star Fox games since the N64.

The Gamecube also has not one but two great Metroid games, which the N64 lacked. And you complain about its lack of shooting games, but the N64 only had two really great ones iirc (Perfect Dark and Goldeneye). The Gamecube had more, although some were multiplatform (RE4, Killer7, Timesplitters 2).

I'm not saying the Gamecube is better than the N64 but I think you're underestimating it.

>> No.4717341

>>4717189
Quake, anybody?

>> No.4717382

>cheap and affordable
my ass
fucking carts were 60 bux, when you could pick up PSX games for 20-40
not much now but in my teens that was enough to swing me for good

>> No.4717401

>>4715862
>no games: check

>> No.4717409
File: 112 KB, 960x720, r1dWe2b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4717409

>>4717401
?

>> No.4717420
File: 444 KB, 1280x1094, videogames.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4717420

>>4717401
>>4717409

??

>> No.4717427

>>4717420
I like the N64 and I think that's a bad list that won't convince many people the N64 has a good library of games. It's like, oh, you don't like platformers or party games? Well fuck you asshole get a PS1 you gay faggot.

>> No.4717443

>>4717427
I just picked a random picture of Google Images.
I ain't got fuckin' time to cobble together all the box arts in >>4716075 's post.

I don't know why people here can't just like both consoles.

>> No.4717453

>>4717420
WOW IT'S THOSE SAME 20 GAMES TROTTED OUT AS PER EVERY ATTEMPTED REBUTTAL OF THE NOGAEMS ARGUMENT.

Frankly pathetic.

>> No.4717459

wow this board fucking sucks
It's not as bad as /v/ but damn it, it's trying

now I remember why I left this dumpster fire of a website

>> No.4717460
File: 4 KB, 180x129, yush.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4717460

>>4717453
>console warring unironically
>calls others pathetic

>> No.4717542

>>4717460
I'm not console warring actually as I own, use and admire all three major 5th gen systems.

Still, that's an incredibly clichéd selection if you intend to win over those who haven't yet been exposed to the N64's (admittedly limited) library.

>> No.4717545

this board is lost and i hate you all

also ban 5th gen because it attracts too many underage shitposters

>> No.4717563

>>4717545
preach, brother

>> No.4717584

>>4715986
CTR blows any kart racer out of the fucking water to this day. You literally cannot dispute this.

>> No.4717596

>>4717584
As a PS1 owner with CTR, your arrogance disgusts me.
Hand in your bandicoot kart license immediately.

>> No.4717608

>>4717420
I love how this pic doesn't include any of the N64's actually good games.

>> No.4717615

>>4717545
>also ban 5th gen because it attracts too many underage shitposters
I'm almost convinced the accessibility of the N64's library is what attracts all the shitposting kiddies. You can still get most N64 games on the cheap especially if you collect loose, so there's nothing to scare off the newbies.

You don't see any shitposting Saturn fanboys do you? Because all the good games are worth more than Timmy's allowance.

>> No.4717617

>>4717596
Let’s at least not pretend MK64 is better with it’s prerendered sprites, ugly textures and shitty basic ass physics

>> No.4717647

>>4717617
Also Fzero x is even uglier, 60fps wasn’t worth the visual tradeoff

>> No.4717683

>>4717615
>You don't see any shitposting Saturn fanboys do you?
You blind or something? They're definitely here

>> No.4717692

>>4717683
Link to a thread? Every thread on the Saturn here is just people who've never touched one shitting on it.

>> No.4717696

You know, it's funny. Back in the day, even PlayStation gamers would at least recognize how many great games the N64 had. I remember my friends frothing at the mouth for Ocarina of Time and Goldeneye. Fast forward 20 years, and you have this veritable hoard of autistic 45 year old virgins trying to tell you that it had no games because they have penis envy over the fact it gets more praise than their little hipster box the Saturn, or the "winner" PSX. It begs the question: what kind of wretched, soulless, husk of a man can't derive joy from titles like Star Fox 64, Mario Kart 64, Banjo-Kazooie, Wave Race, Turok, Perfect Dark, and literally dozens of others? I'll tell you: a faggot. I'm sorry, but if you're going to pretend that playing SNES-tier JRPGs in 3D, knockoff me-too platformers and arcade ports is somehow the definition of a quality gaming experience, meanwhile pretending that the N64 has nothing of value, you are legitimately mentally retarded. Anyone who tries to argue from the viewpoint of the N64 not having plenty of good games is someone who arguing from inexperience, ignorance or pure anger.

>> No.4717742 [DELETED] 
File: 21 KB, 480x360, 745BA663-8A74-4379-89F0-A8AA806B0FC9.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4717742

>>4717696
Lmao Sony singlehandedly raped Nintendo of all it’s good 3rd party developers, sold 3x more units, had at least 20x more games and you literally cannot do anything about it but cry like a bitch on /vr/. Maybe soytendo should’ve thought twice before backstabbing their bros to go make hotel mario with Phillips?

>> No.4717763
File: 15 KB, 480x360, hqdefault (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4717763

>>4715862
It's a pretty good console with some great games...but seriously, the best console ever made? Dream on faggotron

>> No.4717773
File: 76 KB, 202x199, Screenshot 2018-04-16 at 7.55.00 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4717773

>>4717742
mfw I play my Genesis the most and haven t touched my ps or n64 in a year

>> No.4717778

>>4715862
Agreed but don't make 64 fans look like a dicks.

>> No.4717782

SNES is better overall, but 64 wins at multiplayer.

>> No.4717783
File: 26 KB, 480x360, 04f94d4ff443368bda7b2301663ec54b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4717783

>>4715870

>> No.4717801

>>4716075
Rogue one
Silicon Valley
Body harvest

>> No.4717808

>>4717742
>of all it’s good 3rd party developers
>JRPG devs
And nothing of value was lost
> sold 3x more units
And made less money since Nintendo was profitable on every unit sold, Sony lost $150+ on every unit thanks to the inclusion of a CD drive alone, and Nintendo reaped 70% of the profit from every game thanks to licensing and producing them in-house.
>had at least 20x more games
20x more games and half as many worth playing
>Maybe soytendo should’ve thought twice before backstabbing their bros to go make hotel mario with Phillips?
But then we wouldn't have gotten the N64, the best console ever made.

>> No.4717851

>>4717808
>JRPG devs
I mean if JRPGS are too much for your micro brain to process PSX still had better games from experienced developers in every department, or at least ones that didn’t physically hurt to look at.
>And made less money
Doesn’t matter. Bottom line is more homes had a ps1 and Sony was recognized as a major player in the console market where countless others had tried and failed
>and half as many worth playing
Still a shitton more good choices than the nintendo “296 games” 64

>> No.4717863

>>4717851
>I mean if JRPGS are too much for your micro brain to process
Lmao what does this even mean? They're not "too much to process", but JRPGs are a pretty shit genre.
>PSX still had better games from experienced developers in every department, or at least ones that didn’t physically hurt to look at.
What games would those be? Ironically, if anything the PS1 was probably the only console of the gen with games that could physically hurt to look at. All the jittering polygons, warping textures, crooked lines, clipping and shimmering sure do look great, eh?
>Doesn’t matter.
Yes it does. Either you think the PS1 is a better console because it provided a better experience for the user, or you think it's a better console because it was more successful. Now which one provided a better consumer experience is highly debatable, but since the N64 made more money than PS1, that doesn't sound like the PS1 was very successful.
>Still a shitton more good choices than the nintendo “296 games” 64
Not really, considering a large portion of the 300ish games are actually worth playing and the PS1 has about 5.

>> No.4717875

>>4717851
>Doesn’t matter. Bottom line is more homes had a ps1 and Sony was recognized as a major player in the console market where countless others had tried and failed
>be sony
>enter console market
>spend millions to become a brand name
>console is a cheap piece of shit with no games
>manage to sell 110m units anyway, but still barely profit because muh production costs
>make PS2
>very successful
>make PS3
>lose more money than you made on PS1 and PS2 combined and almost bankrupt your company
>make PS4
>still playing catch up since the 2006 george foreman grill disaster and only recently become profitable
top fucking kek. sony is one of the biggest jokes in the industry my man.

>> No.4717939
File: 27 KB, 679x438, 5FC4BCE5-A6F7-4FB4-9935-781B86EFF226.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4717939

>>4717863
>>4717863
>JRPGs are a pretty shit genre
No they aren’t. You just don’t have the intelligence or attention span to enjoy them properly
>If anything the PS1 was probably the only console of the gen with games that could physically hurt to look at
Might just be a preference thing, but I’ll take warping textures over ugly blurry ones straight out of MSpaint and jittering polys if I can see more than fucking 5 of them on screen at a time and not have to rely on shitty prerendered sprites for half of my assets. Spyro alone looks better than any n64 platformer
>Yes it does
Like I said, more people wanted and bought the PSX, that alone should tell you which brought the better experience. Money wise, Sony still raked in more money despite production costs as far as raw numbers show.
>most of the 300ish games are actually worth playing
Pfffffffhahahahahahahahahahaha

>> No.4717942
File: 136 KB, 872x757, AD729265-65CA-44F7-8022-CA25CB43DCF6.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4717942

>>4717875
Well at least they aren’t getting cucked out of the console market altogether, stuck making handheld kiddyshit games into the foreseeable future

>> No.4717943 [DELETED] 
File: 7 KB, 225x225, literalmente no hizo nada malo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4717943

>being a sonygger unironically
>replying to sonyggers unironically
If you keep giving him (You)'s, you're the problem in this board.

>> No.4717952

>>4717939
>No they aren’t. You just don’t have the intelligence or attention span to enjoy them properly
If only I was smart enough to comprehend the enjoyment of random monster encounters and grinding for ex peez... damn.
>Might just be a preference thing
Lol no it's actually just a "bias thing", it's where you ignore how utterly shit PS1 games looked because PS1 was the only console you had growing up, whereas I not only had both consoles, but still have two eyes in 2018 and can see how wretched 99% of PS1 games look. Also, I wouldn't be talking about pushing polygons considering the PS1 could push about 180k and the N64 could push about 1 million.
>Like I said, more people wanted and bought the PSX, that alone should tell you which brought the better experience.
So then you'll admit box wine is superior to a $260 bottle of pinot noir simply because more people buy it, right?
>Money wise, Sony still raked in more money despite production costs as far as raw numbers show.
I like how you talk about needing intelligence to appreciate JRPGs and then you're too stupid to understand basic economics. Sales =/= profit my dude. I repeat: Sony lost over $150 on every console and made a much, much smaller profit margin on games sold than Nintendo did, because Nintendo had high licensing fees and manufactured their own games. You can't possibly be too much of a brainlet to understand this.
>Pfffffffhahahahahahahahahahaha
Cringe.

>> No.4717973

>>4717942
lol bro sony makes nothing but terrible 3rd person cinematic action games that pander to sjws and faggots, what are you smoking

>> No.4717997
File: 174 KB, 800x1174, 336280-castlevania-legacy-of-darkness-nintendo-64-manual (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4717997

>>4715862
Another success from the glorious and controversial Nintendo 64.
176 replies and lots of angry (you)'s

>> No.4718002

>>4717997
That game sucks

>> No.4718014

>>4717851
>>4717742

MUH ANIMU RPG'S WITH LOLIS AND KILLING GOD IN SOME FASHION ANIME STYLE 4 DA KIDS YO!

>> No.4718026
File: 78 KB, 238x238, n64.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4718026

>>4718002
>Your tears: only for Nintendo 64.

Stay mad brother.

>> No.4718041
File: 1.34 MB, 1920x2560, N64 rares.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4718041

Lots of games sucked on both consoles, but one of the ways I always looked at it, was that Sony made game consoles, and Nintendo made a product that played video games. Both are similar, but Nintendo is almost a sub-set within the genre. It is an odd way to look at it, but Sony competes, and Nintendo just makes whatever they want. Both were excellent in their own right. I am not a Nintendo fanboy, as I like both system equally. If I was trapped on a desert island with my crt tv, and given the choice, I don't know which I would take. They both have their own merits. Nintendo had the fan following and support, and PSX was new to the market and created something from nothing. I used the N64 in group settings for Goldeneye or MK64, but when I wanted a deep RPG I would use my PSX. Not that N64 didn't have RPGs or that PSX was not a good party system....Just that they were different systems for different audiences. I could cherry pick this and that as a comparison, but there is no clear answer. One did some things better then the other and vice versa. Saturn was good at some things, but we could have done with out it, and I doubt anyone would notice. Load times sucked, but so did smaller carts. Both made the best of their pitfalls.

>> No.4718117

>>4718041
Quality post. Thank God my parents split up so I could have both of these systems and learn to appreciate them on their individual merrits.

>> No.4718120
File: 145 KB, 800x600, 1523835107256.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4718120

>> No.4718138
File: 385 KB, 1280x720, PS4-gay.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4718138

>>4718120
>low quality photoshop versus real console that actually exists

>> No.4718152

>>4718138
not retro >>>/v/

>> No.4718169

>>4718152
>playing damage control after realizing your favorite company makes a literal console for fags

>> No.4718171

>>4718169
This board is for the discussion of classic, or "retro" games. Retro gaming means consoles, computer games, arcade games (including pinball) and any other forms of video games on platforms launched in 1999 and earlier. With the release of the 8th generation of consoles, the Sega Dreamcast will now be considered "retro", though the remainder of the sixth generation (Xbox, PS2, GameCube) will not.

>> No.4718186
File: 22 KB, 480x360, 2016-09-28-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4718186

>>4718138
>>4718152
>>4718171

Oh you mad now fart commander? Lol

>> No.4718203
File: 1.74 MB, 1076x1318, 64GreatGames.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4718203

>>4717453

>> No.4718212

>>4718203
great list

>> No.4718221

>>4718203
>War Gods, Body Harvest, the list goes on...

>> No.4718249

>>4718203
>no The New Tetris
what the actual fuckachino

>> No.4718276
File: 1.94 MB, 580x433, intothetrash.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4718276

>>4718221
>let me just cherrypick two games that I've never played out of this list and pretend they suck so it will be easier to ignore the other 62

>> No.4718294

How long can one autist fervently defend the console that killed nintendo?

>> No.4718298

>>4718294
Seems more like it's 1 autist who is angry that other people enjoy the best multiplayer system of all time.

>> No.4718304

>>4718294
>the console that killed nintendo
That's a funny way of saying "the console that made the most money of the gen, had the highest rated games, and people still can't stop obsessing over 20 years later".

>> No.4718320

>>4718203
soystation autists will cry about it but this is actually a super solid list. almost nothing i would say is less than a solid 8/10 other than maybe 2 or 3. n64 really did have a huge quality to quantity ratio.

>> No.4718434

>>4718221
Body harvest is underrated as fuck man.
I would switch wars gods with b.i.o. freaks or Xena which are better.

>> No.4718445
File: 117 KB, 1026x818, IMG_6118.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4718445

>>4715862
It's a good console, but the best? They had already made the best console of all time years before.

>> No.4718468

>>4718445
unironically this, I may be a segafag but the snes is literally nintendo's best console, and blows the 64 out of the fucking water

>> No.4718478
File: 172 KB, 894x894, adamdrake_bodyharvest_50_by_lanarky-dbkjr0q.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4718478

>>4718434
man that brings me back
>age 13
>older cousin is cool as fuck
>always brings his SNES and GENESIS down when he visits
>He has a taste for all the hard games, so he doesnt consider them hard
>ghosts n goblins, megaman 1-6+X, zombies ate my neighbors, smash TV, ect.
>He gets a new N64 and the first game we fire up is BODY HARVEST MOTHER FUCKER
>he goes on and an on about how you can GET INTO VEHICLES AND DRIVE THEM AROUND
>"anon this game is the future"

>> No.4718565

>>4718478
lol nice story anon.
Who would have thought that Rockstar was cooking a billionaire idea since then?

>> No.4718612

>>4718203
Now i know this guy who made this list is a faggot, no Fighters Destiny, Ogre battle, or Hybrid Heaven.

>> No.4718619
File: 312 KB, 610x343, 1VOlSLn.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4718619

>>4715862
Pic Related.

>> No.4718623 [SPOILER] 
File: 180 KB, 675x1200, 1523945776602.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4718623

>> No.4718663

>>4718612
>Fighters Destiny
>Hybrid Heaven.
Because it's a list of great games, not dog shit.
>Ogre battle
Work on your reading comprehension, autismo. It's right under "strategy".

>> No.4718778

>>4718663
>Your opinions
>Not worthless

>> No.4718786

>>4718778
>liking Hybrid Heaven
>not being highly autistic

>> No.4718789

PlayStation had many more good games than 64.

But 64 had more amazing games than PS1

>> No.4719079

>>4718276
How about I "cherry pick" the entire fighting games row (including muh Smash) and "pretend" that they suck

>Mace is really underrated guise, you probably just haven't played it
>CV64 is way better than SotN, you're just listening to ecelebs
>Rampage is 9/10, stop meming
>JFG is totally satisfying to 100% once you into the controls
>Wow I hope my Everdrive comes in the mail soon so I can finally play Hexen and Command & Conquer without emulating, you probably didn't even know Star Craft 64 isn't a direct port

The list goes on...

Gee, anyone have any /v/ charts for the great 32X and Jaguar games?

>> No.4719101

>>4715862
Unless you like variety, lots of games, or want a collection larger than 10 games, that's not 90% multiplats...

>> No.4719162
File: 10 KB, 300x168, index.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4719162

>>4718789
and i bet you are oneof this fags

>> No.4719643

>>4719162
F

>> No.4719652

The N64 was incredible for multiplayer but had very few good single-player games. The PS1 was the exact opposite.

>> No.4719719

>>4719652
This. First post that makes sense in this garbage. How old are people here? This is neither funny nor interesting, I see exact same threads since 2 years. Goes the same each time, low quality bait, some underage users get baited, then OP brings out the same data.

>> No.4719745

>>4715862
PS3 was better.

Also:
>cheap and affordable: check
When? For whom?
>built like a tank: check
Controllers is not build like a tank. I presume you meant that it is using cartridges, hence it does not use up lasers.
>perfect for local multiplayer: check
back then yes, was outclassed by Xbox, and later consoles.
>convenient and easy to use: check
Never heard of console that is hard to use.
>amazing games: check
Aesthetics were pretty... repetetive? I am saying in general. I know plenty of people that just didn't want to play those titles, and we switched to PS1. I had N64 and bro had PS1, so we played both and had comparison.

>> No.4720217

>>4718786
Hybrid Heaven is pretty original and unique though, why would you dislike it?

>> No.4720241

>>4719652
>The N64 was incredible for multiplayer but had very few good single-player games.

What can one do when they see a comment so ridiculous post except literally laugh out loud.

>> No.4720257

>>4718203
>blast corps
patrician taste detected

>> No.4720286

>>4715862
It was when it came out, I totally agree. Though there were a few limitations, namely most games had to be limited to 32-128Mb, save for a few exceptions that used more expensive carts, e.g. Resident Evil 2 with a whopping 512Mb. It was a bummer in the wake of this new CD technology, but let's not forget how many devs tried to utilize as much of that 700MB as they could by cramming in a bunch of prerendered CGI cutscenes and shitty redbook audio. There really weren't many devs making good use of that extra space back then.

The PS1 did have a stellar library though - way more worthwhile titles than the N64 had. But I think the N64's most worthwhile games trump what the PS1 had to offer. Unless you were really into turn-based RPGs. (Even then, Paper Mario 64 is still my favorite of that genre).

I just wish we could figure out how to accurately emulate the damned thing without needing a fucking xeon to run it at full speed.

>> No.4720363

>>4717153
PCs were pretty far behind (graphically speaking) until the Voodoo 1 dropped.

>> No.4720372

>>4717051
>ps1 shit rat

I have literally never heard of this term. Another forced meme?

>> No.4720379 [DELETED] 

>>4716224
>Switch

the doctor says too much soy is bad for you

that said, it's a mildly better Wii U, except it's still so pathetic it didn't even get Madden, the one game available on almost every single console, even the pc engine for fucks sake

>> No.4720403

>>4720372
This has been a thing for awhile now bro

>> No.4721682

Great is another pompous N64 man baby thread where everyone proceeds to insult everyone who doesn’t share the opinion of “the N64 is the best ever period” because they are insecure of their own opinions.

>> No.4721683

>>4721682
>he thinks console war bullshit is one-sided.
Honestly, the worst fanboys are still the Sony guys, Nintendo and Sega fans can be obnoxious but never as cancerous as Sonyggers.

>> No.4721685 [DELETED] 

Great it is another pompous N64 man baby thread where everyone proceeds to insult everyone who doesn’t share the opinion of “the N64 is the best ever period” because they are insecure of their own opinions. Actually I pretty sure it’s the same guy who has been posting the same thread in different variations for the past 2 years or so because it always includes the same exact “arguments” and terminology that these kind of retards use.

>> No.4721693
File: 10 KB, 184x171, 1517357025694.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4721693

>>4715862
>N64
>amazing games

>> No.4721697

>>4721693
>he doesn't like Bomberman 64
OP is a faggot, but you're equally as fag if you think N64 doesn't have amazing games.

>> No.4721712

>>4721683
Eh I disagree any type of fan boy is terrible and N64 ones tend to be the worst, especially when they are really just underage trying to pretend to be oldfags. It all comes down to preference. Most of the games that I like from that generation are on the PlayStation but that doesn’t mean I go around shitting on N64 or Saturn, which both have great games.

>> No.4721713

>>4721712
I disagree, Sony fanboys have consistently been the most annoying on the internet, just look at fucking neogaf.
As for underages pretending to be oldfags, for one you can't really be sure, and also, both Sega and Nintendo have an older fanbase since they were around since the 80s, playstation's fanbase started in the mid 90s, making them younger on average.

>> No.4721714

>>4715862
All 6 worthwhile games are pretty good.

>> No.4721721

>>4721714
I hope those 6 games you're talking about are Custom Robo 1, V2, SRW64, Getter Love and Doraemon 3.

>> No.4721784

>>4721713
>Sony fanboys have consistently been the most annoying on the internet, just look at fucking neogaf.
I don't give a fuck about neogaf. Don't take the trash on/vr just because your ego got insulted on the internets, who gives a fuck about that? There has been forcing of the same topic, by the same people/guy. Same forced unfunny jokes, same wall of 200+ posts of shitposts and flame. Goes on for about a year or so. That is really underage, mentally. Physically the dude can be as well over 30.

I don't even know why I read /vr, I have a boring life.

>> No.4722104

>>4721697
>his N64 can't do 8-way multiplayer like Saturn Bomberman can
Disgusting

>> No.4722109

>>4722104
>his saturn bomberman can't do 10 player games like mine can
wew lad

>> No.4722762

>>4717952
I too had both consoles and prefer the ps1, I don't even have my 64 any more

>> No.4723528

The GameCube is generally better except for 3d platformers

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action