Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

If you can see this message, the SSL certificate expiration has been fixed.
Become a Patron!

/vr/ - Retro Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 11 KB, 300x300, GBA_Fuchsia_Pink[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4682764 No.4682764 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

If team peep wins, GBA will be allowed here.

>> No.4682767

>>4682764
If we lose, we ban Dreamcast

>> No.4682776

>>4682764
>>4682767
I don't see a downside.

>> No.4682785

>>4682764
>>4682767
If Team Creme wins, nothing absolutely changes on /vr/, but /v2k/ is finally created.

>> No.4682793

If Team Cream wins then GBA will never ever be allowed here ever.

>> No.4682796

Sorry kiddo, only NES mini.

>> No.4682829

>>4682776
Team peep always wins.

>> No.4682835

>>4682785
YES

>> No.4682851

>>4682764
Some people actively try to ruin the boards they enjoy.

>> No.4682852

>>4682785
This is an idea I can get behind.

>> No.4682854

of course the 6th gen niggers are the ones posting this retarded april fools cancer
nothing will change, fuck off to /v/ or beg for /v2k/

>> No.4682856

>/v/ again trying to force their shit here
I fucking called it. Go home /v/irgins.
>>4682669

>> No.4682863

>>4682856
can't we take a break from DnD and have just some good old fashion fun?

No one is a troll if everyone shitposts.

>> No.4682871

>>4682863
There is multiple boards on this very site just for shitposting. There is no need to turn every fucking board into shitposting to please faggots like you.

>> No.4682873

>>4682764
6th gen should be allowed in general.

At this point in time, "retro gaming" is generally accepted to mean "the CRT TV era", which is up through and including the 6th generation.

>> No.4682876

4682856
Nice try, but I'm not falling for it.

>> No.4682878

>>4682873
>6th gen should be allowed in general.
no it shouldn't
>"retro gaming" is generally accepted to mean "the CRT TV era"
no it isn't

>> No.4682889

>>4682785
>no /vhd/ so only the consoles released before 2004 and the Wii are allowed on the normal /v/ board and everything else fucks off
pleb, that's the only way to get rid of modern gaming cancer while keeping the fun stuff, I guess for PC we can keep the games released before 2007-8 (before indie shit became mainstream)

>> No.4682916

>>4682871
You must go back then
if just for one day.

>> No.4682921

>>4682878
He's right though

>> No.4682923

>>4682878
Great arguments

>> No.4682924

huh

>> No.4682931

>>4682764
PEEEEEEEEEP

>> No.4682938

>>4682931
peep

>> No.4682945

>>4682764
I’d rather have PS2 and OG XBOX and GameCube instead

>> No.4682946
File: 343 KB, 600x399, 1E3544DD-1DFA-4383-B54C-3859FBEEC4D4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4682946

>>4682878
You are severely lacking arguments.

>> No.4682957

The fuck is this shit?

>> No.4682959

M I C R O W A V E P E E P

>> No.4682969

>>4682946
>>4682923
>>4682921
your cancerous posts are argument enough against the inclusion of 6th gen
besides, retro gaming is gaming before consoles with online capabilities

>> No.4682975
File: 40 KB, 477x322, kljmlkm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4682975

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOOv7jyVRd4

>> No.4682982

>>4682969
Dumb chocofaggot

Saturn had online out the box. Not even going to mention SNES and Mega Drive.

>> No.4683001

what the fuck is happening here

>> No.4683003

>>4682764

If team peep wins OP is a gigantic faggot, and GBA will NEVER be allowed

>> No.4683006

>>4682764
https://discord.gg/kDNFcA

>> No.4683010
File: 9 KB, 245x212, 1408206619760.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4683010

>>4682873
>"retro gaming" is generally accepted
Not here. It doesn't matter what people outside /vr/ consider to be retro, only what people inside the board think.
The move to unban the Dreamcast was already dangerous, even if it ended up completely fine after the initial shitposting settled. Adding 6th Gen would cause a tidal wave of shitposting that lasts months at BEST, at worse it attracts undesirables to the board and shifts the board demographic to the point of altering board culture and driving away good, longtime posters.

>> No.4683018

>>4682764
>GBA
As much as I like the variety of game on GBA more than GBC and NDS, we really should allow all Win98 games.

>> No.4683024

>>4682969
Didn't both Genesis and NES have a monthly download addon thing?

>> No.4683027

PS2 is coming and you know it

>> No.4683104

>>4683024
The Genesis definitely did with Sega Channel. Ergo he's a double retard

>> No.4683106

>>4682785
This is what will happen regardless of who wins.

>> No.4683117

>>4682764
PS2 is retro and should be here

>> No.4683131

>>4682785
this pls

>> No.4683136

>>4683117
There is not a set definition of "retro".
As far as /vr/ is concerned, the rules here state that it's only up to systems released until 1999. PS2 came out in the year 2000.
/v2k/ is the way.

>> No.4683148

>>4683018
>Win 98 games
I can live with this, I feel like including PS2 would attract retards but somehow this seems better since it would encourage more hardware discussion, PC gaming as a mainstream thing took longer to really hit its stride than consoles after all and you can't really make many threads about games from that era on /v/ and expect replies.

>> No.4683149

>/v2k/
either /vr/ or /v/ not some shitty /v2k/

>> No.4683154

why are people so desperate to talk about kingdom hearts here.

>> No.4683172

>>4683154
It's all Nintendo kiddies fault, no one is asking for Xbox threads (despite the console being kind of related to the dreamcast and being a good emulation machine), and everybody can talk about PS2 on /v/ and literally any other place since the system was still being sold until 2014 I guess? and it is the most popular console of all time.

Every poster that talks about the /v2k/ talks mostly about handhelds because Nintendo managed to release 2 of them in like 4 years, even if it's 7th gen people would insist on it since it was released while the Gamecube was still going and it would probably get accepted eventually.

Don't forget that, since the Wii is pretty much a Gamecube with widescreen support, also emulates a lot of things and shares a lot library with the PS2, they would likely try to talk about that one too, and that's why a /v2k/ board would not work, because it is really fucking redundant since /v/ still talks about games from the Wii/PS3/360 era all the time

>> No.4683181

>>4683172
>but muh nintendo boogeymen
Most of the 6th gen begging on /vr/ has been systematically by Sony fans asking for PS2.
/v2k/ when.

>> No.4683208

If any team wins, dreamcast and 5th gen consoles are banned.

>> No.4683258

penos buter

>> No.4683470

Oh god Pepe is winning again. Everyone else step the fuck up.

>> No.4683606 [DELETED] 

>>4682785
GO TEAM CHREME

I've been wanting a place to discuss Gamecube games since the Wii was released and everyone dropped the GC like a sack of hot shit.

>> No.4683614

>>4683010
The PS2 is old enough to vote. We need a /v2k/ at the very least.

>> No.4683618

>>4683614
I'm not against a /v2k/ existing if /vr/ stays the same, but you need to lobby for /v2k/, not lobby for it to come HERE.

>> No.4683621

What if there's a general for all things 6th gen related here.
There's no need for another vidya board.

>> No.4683624

>>4683621
No, that's retarded.

>> No.4683632

V2k Pls mods

>> No.4683640

>>4683621
Give someone an inch and they'll take a mile.

>> No.4683646

CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE

>> No.4683647

Sadly I’ve been captured by Peep from Peanut Butter. I’m working to subvert and undermine from within.

>> No.4683648

this shit is stupid

>> No.4683652

wtf is this dumb shit? too many newfags fuck off

>> No.4683654

/v2k/ pls hiroshimoot

>> No.4683656

>>4683010
You're an idiot. PS2 is as old now as PS1 was when /vr/ started. Fuck, it's technically OLDER. There's no excuse for not allowing the entire 6th generation. And saying it's "not the same demographic" is false. PS2 is too old for /v/. That's all this board is: Just "shit that's too old to post about on /v/ because /v/ is too young to have ever played it".

>> No.4683657

>>4682969
nigga 99% of PS2 users were not online

>> No.4683660

>>4683654
>>4683632
>>4683618
>>4683614
nigga nobody is gonna start an entire board for just 1 fucking console generation

gtfo of here with that shit

>> No.4683667

>>4683618
If /v2k/ gets made, it should be /vr3d/ and we should take the N64, Saturn, Playstation and Dreamcast with us.

>> No.4683674
File: 14 KB, 319x300, 1493319177619.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4683674

>>4683656
The reason is that most people here aren't interested in making the board a fucking sliding scale just to appease you, you fucking dip. This board is not "things /v/ can't talk about," this is a board for discussing games released on consoles from 1999 and earlier (using the game release in the case of PC and arcade due to the lack of easily-definable generations). The majority of people here do not want to change this because we are content with the current environment. If you're not content with the environment, I'm pretty sure 8ch's /vr/ allows games made up to 2005, though I haven't checked in a while because I don't really browse that site.

>> No.4683679

>>4683621
I wouldn't mind that but what >>4683640 said. They're not going to stay in their general.

>> No.4683716

>>4683679
>>4683640
I could try making it on /vg/, just to test if it works and shill it on /v/.

>> No.4683724

>>4683667
seconded

>> No.4683838 [DELETED] 

>>4682764
I'm all for it, we should start a movement to include the 6th gen here, making a new board for 1 generación it's just stupid

>> No.4683843

Team Pepe in last place now. Keep it up, everyone!

>> No.4683850

Get rekt.

>> No.4683854

Our Team Crème overlords cannot be stopped.

>> No.4683856 [DELETED] 

>>4682764 (OP) #
I'm all for it, we should start a movement to include the 6th gen here, making a new board for one generation it's just stupid

>> No.4683868

>>4683856
Not just one. /v2k/ would be for all the consoles between retro and modern. So 6th, 7th, and also 8th once the new gen rolls around.

>> No.4683870

>>4682764
I'm all for it, we should start a movement to include the 6th gen here, making a new board for one generation it's just stupid

>> No.4683896

>>4683870
>for one generation
it'd be also for 7th and 8th gen, basically any gen /v/ no longer gives a shit about
/vr/ isn't changing

>> No.4683904

>>4682764
fuck off

>> No.4683918

>>4683870
No it isn't. It's a slippery slope. Accept that a new board is your only option.

>> No.4683923

>>4683868
6th gen is nearly 20 years old, not including it here because "not made before 99 = not retro" it's arbitrary and dumb, same as having an "in-between retro and modern" board just to keep a few oldfags happy

>> No.4683924

>>4682785
>/v2k/
OH FUCK YES

>> No.4683965

gba would be nice
whats this easter crap

>> No.4683973

>>4683965
It's April fools

>> No.4683990

>>4683010
Your old. Get over it. 6th gen belongs here. I have been a /vr/ poster from the very beginning so as a person "inside" /vr/ I say bring on the fucking 6th gen shitposters.

>> No.4683994

>>4683923
All this board needs is for its name to be changed. Then it wouldn't be about retro or not by any flimsy definition. It would just be "games from dreamcast and below," and then dumb crossboarders wouldn't have anything to throw fits about.

>> No.4683995

>>4683674
Too bad. This board should be a sliding scale. see you in 8-10 years when 7th gen gets added.

>> No.4683996

>>4683674
The entire and ONLY reason /vr/ was created was so that people could discuss gaming related subjects that were too old to get replies on /v/. At the time that meant "anything before PS2". Now that means "anything up through and including the entire 6th generation". You and everyone else knows that's the case. 6th gen NEEDS to be included because there's nowhere else to discuss it.

>> No.4684008

>>4683995
7th gen won't ever need to be added for 2 reasons:

1. 4chan won't exist by then and you know it.

2. "Retro" means "CRT TV era". Unless new types of TVs start being used everything from 7th gen and up will remain compatible with modern TVs, which means it will remain accessible to /v/ aged gamers and will continue to be discussed on that board.

>> No.4684009

>>4683990
>>4683996
Send an email to 4chans admin, you won't solve anything shitposting here.
Anyway, people have been asking for /v2k/, rather than 6th gen included. And it makes sense.
Consider the following: if 6th gen is allowed here, first and foremost, just imagine the shitposting. Just stop a second, and imagine that shitposting. Holy shit.
Second, it'll open the gates for kids who spent their childhood playing 7th gen (7th gen started over a decade go) to start demanding 7th gen to be retro too. It'll be a never ending cycle.
the best possible solution is /v2k/.
/vr/ will remain as the classic/pre-2000 board, /v2k/ is every generation from 2000 onwards that isn't current.

>> No.4684010

>>4683621
Kill yourself.

>> No.4684014

>>4684008
That's arbitrary and stupid. Retro means what early 20 somethings think is retro.

>> No.4684015

>>4683996
>>4683995
I don't care why it was created. /tg/ was created just to contain 40k and it flourished into its own board with its own culture. Then mods said "okay we need to move all these quests from other boards, especially /a/, to /tg/" and fucked everything up. Even after all quests got banned from /tg/ and moved to their own board the damage was done. I don't want this to happen to /vr/, and I'm going to be vocally against it to try and help prevent it from happening as long as I can. The fact that you're already pushing for 7th Gen to become allowed on /vr/ in the future tells me you don't give a shit about the people who already use the board. /vr/ would just turn into /v/ 2.0 if you got your way.

As to the "1999 is arbitrary" comments, it totally is! And I'm okay with it being arbitrary. It was a date the board settled into after a short period of time at its creation, and it's worked great. Don't fix what isn't broke.

>> No.4684018

Oh yeah, let's add gba and ps2. I sure would love talking about 96% of their libraries that are shitty licensed movie and TV games made by thq. Sounds like fun, you braindead faggots.

>> No.4684021
File: 509 KB, 627x412, 1522557684492.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4684021

>>4683973
April Fools, jerk.

>> No.4684025

>>4683990
Anyone who calls something old as a derogatory remark on a board dedicated to talking about and enjoying old things has not been on /vr/ since the start.

>> No.4684027

>>4684018
thast nes and snes desu

>> No.4684048

>>4684009
>if 6th gen is allowed here, first and foremost, just imagine the shitposting

There is already a lot of shitposting here, be it about 5th gen, console wars, or emulation vs real hardware fags. All of it has been getting old and boring as of late, if vr becomes a sliding scale it would actually benefit from including new kinds of discussions.

>> No.4684112

>>4684018
PS1 and gameboy did you say?

>> No.4684117

>>4684025
People age and games don't. Old people fear the young.

>> No.4684139

>>4684010
you first edgelord

>> No.4684193

>>4684112
Segatard detected

>> No.4684201

>>4684048
You don't seem to remember just how bad console warring was during 6th gen. Trust me it would not improve /vr/ in the slightest.

>> No.4684210

>>4682764

How about fuck off and go to hell

>> No.4684285

>>4682764
ALL/MOST OTHER PEEP THREADS ON 4CHAN: ALL BOARDS REPRESENTED!
Spread the word! Give visibility! Post the pastebin and visit the threads of your choice! Bring the fight to every single frontier all at once!

https://pastebin.com/YMpjR06y (embed) (embed)
https://pastebin.com/YMpjR06y (embed) (embed)
https://pastebin.com/YMpjR06y (embed) (embed)
https://pastebin.com/YMpjR06y (embed) (embed)
https://pastebin.com/YMpjR06y (embed) (embed)
https://pastebin.com/YMpjR06y (embed) (embed)

>> No.4684318
File: 45 KB, 480x360, eat your mattress.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4684318

>>4683674
8/vr/ owner here. Honestly I think it would be better if it were still a cutoff at 2000 but the old BO allowed up to 2005 so I didn't have a problem with it. All in all the only thing that killed the board was the fact that nobody posts because 8ch is dead. Take that how you will.

>> No.4684331

>>4684318
Oh and also I should add that GBA should be the exception and it blows my balls off that it wasn't allowed from the get-go.

>> No.4684430

>pathetic 6th gen faggots using every opportunity to try and ruin this board, even april fools
go beg hiroshima for /v2k/ you stupid fucks, we don't want you here

>> No.4684470

Retro gaming is defined here as a period from the 20th century. You wouldn't start calling baroque music classical just because a certain amount of time has passed since then, would you?

>> No.4684513

>>4684470
>You wouldn't start calling baroque music classical just because a certain amount of time has passed since then, would you?

Why not?

>> No.4684527

Better idea, new board is /vgc/: Video Game Culture. For all:
>console wars
>Twitter outrage
>e-celebs
>Pepe and Wojack and friends
>SJW paranoia
>"us gamers"
>epic memes

Then aggressively clean all that shit out of /vr/ and /v/. Congratulations, two boards for talking about video games of all generations.

>> No.4684542

we could just rename this board 20th century gaming so the 6th gen fags could fuck off

>> No.4684552

I find it funny that people want so bad to keep this board as it is when anyone barely talks about retro games anymore (5th gen threads are becoming the norm and previous gens get shit on, barring a few games)

>> No.4684567

>>4684542
You know that a good chunk of psx games would be banned, right?

>> No.4684579

>>4684567
PSX is a 20th century gaming console. Just keep the same rules as what we have now where games released after 2000 but on <2000 consoles are fair game.

>> No.4684583

>>4684470
>You wouldn't start calling baroque music classical just because a certain amount of time has passed since then, would you?
You probably would if literally everyone else was.

>> No.4684584

>>4684552
Yeah, might as well rename the board /DCRT/ for Doom and CRTs. Those are the only fucking things discussed.

>> No.4684606

>>4684552
what are you talking, is the total opposite, 5th gen is always shitted on here, at best people praise the Saturn.

>> No.4684615

>>4684584
Now you're just being disingenuous. From the front page alone I see a large thread about playing/developing rom hacks, two about discussing translation projects, and a couple of other game-specific generals with 200+ replies. And all of them more active than /sci/ bait-threads.

>> No.4684629

No one is allowed to have fun

>> No.4684638

>>4684615
Have you never heard of hyperbole?

>> No.4684641

>>4682764
I thought it should have been since the switch came out. The GBA is 17 years old now

>> No.4684673

>>4684641
It won't because only 20th century consoles can be retro, for some bizarre reason

>> No.4684693

>>4684048
That's just regular shitposting, and it's not even comparable to /v/'s console war shitposting and offtopic.
A rule change like that would make this board implode, and not in a tolerable way.
Anyway, that's not the only reason, read my whole post again.
>>4683660
/v2k/ would be 2 generations so far (6th and 7th) and once 9th comes around, 8th goes to /v2k/ as well.

>> No.4684707

>>4684693
>Making a whole board for games that are not "retro" nor "modern"

You can't be this fucking retarded

>> No.4684715

>>4684707
Not him but please explain in detail how that is retarded.

>> No.4684721

>>4684707
It's the best possible solution, I'm not sayign it makes the most of sense.
/v/ is one of the fastest boards on 4chan, and /vr/ isn't actually on the slower side, /vr/'s activity is actually low-mid. It's faster than a lot of other boards and that's because video games is a really big topic with several niches.
I wouldn't be surprised if in the future there's an arcade exclusive board.

>> No.4684731

They should allow 6th gen for like one week just to see how bad it gets.

>> No.4684748

Ps2 and GameCube should be here since *most* of thier games look best in a crt. Original Xbox is the iffy one, sure it's the same gen as ps2 and GameCube but it's mostly games that work best in a lcd tv

>> No.4684750

>>4684748
Yeah, they're SD, but that has nothing to do with /vr/'s rules.

>> No.4684752

>>4684731
No, because of >>4683640

>> No.4684759

>>4684721
>I wouldn't be surprised if in the future there's an arcade exclusive board.
Arcade exclusive would actually make sense for a plethora of reasons, from the discussion of the hardware itself to the DIY aspects of it, the fact tourneys are still held and the fact IT'S STILL ALIVE.

But an entire board dedicated to games that were later ported to Xbox(Dreamcast) or where the discussion is pretty much dead.

>> No.4684768

>>4684750
Did I ever say or even imply ps2/GameCube were aloud here? The whole point of this thread is how fucking dumb the 1999 cut off is. Granted the thread is about GBA but both the PS2 and GameCube are both SD consoles and should be aloud here.

>> No.4684770

>>4682764
GBA isn't retro

>> No.4684776

6th gen should be the last gen on this board.
>Played on CRTs
>4:3
>Wired controllers
>Memory cards
>Local multiplayer was king
>No digital stores
>Not a streaming machine
>Magazines, code books, strategy guides were still relevant
>Cheating and hacking was still okay
>Pre web 2.0

6th gen was pretty much just a pretty 5th gen. 7th gen, the HD era, was a massive leap.

>> No.4684778

>>4684768
It might be dumb, but rules are rules, and the board operates fairly decently with those.
Again, if you allow 6th gen, soon enough younger people will demand 7th gen.
/v2k/ is what's needed.

>> No.4684794

>>4684715
Because there is already too many videogames boards, making another for 2 or 3 gens would lead to people wanting a whole board for something stupid like a Nintendo board or a Sony board. No one would want to put up with that.

>> No.4684804

>>4684776
>6th gen should be the last gen on this board.
yeah until 7th gen fags start whining and so on
fuck that

>> No.4684805

>>4684778
And the rules are broken and you know it. Vr should be for pre HD consoles with maybe original Xbox getting included since it's mostly 480p 4:3 games. Anything in the HD era can stay on v and rot

>> No.4684808

>>4684805
They aren't broken, and HD or SD has nothing to do with the rules.
All /vr/ games are SD by default but that doesn't mean discussing HD is forbidden here, for example HD versions of retro games.

>> No.4684819

>>4684794
Maybe we should stop being so elitist and allow the GBA then. When a new gen comes along an older gen should be accepted here

>> No.4684820

I've just always felt that retro gaming is defined by more than just raw age. It's about tone and feeling which were defined by their zeitgeist. I mean you just cannot convince me that Halo and God of War belong on the same board as Mario 3 and Sonic 2. That's why /v2k/ is the best solution,

>> No.4684827

>>4684820
>That's why /v2k/ is the best solution,
No

>> No.4684834

>>4684827
Most people on /vr/ agree that /v2k/ is the best solution, why not?

>> No.4684841

>>4684834
BECAUSE I WANT TO RUIN THIS BOARD FUCK YOU REEEEEEEE

>> No.4684851

>>4684804
That's like a 10 year gap.

>> No.4684874

>>4684841
Can't ruin something that's been fucked from the get go

>> No.4684875

>>4684851
Doesn't matter. you can only discuss the absolute latest games (and memes) on /v/ so even 7th gen fans are feeling like they don't have a home.

>> No.4684879

>>4682785
I miss meta threads to talk about this things.

>> No.4684882

>>4684879
>these

>> No.4684886

>>4684874
>WAAAH THE BOARD SUCKS BECAUSE I CAN'T TALK ABOUT MUH CHILDHOOD ABLOO BLOO BLOO
get fucked

>> No.4684897

>>4684808
If the rules are fine then why is dreamcast aloud and ps2/GameCube are banned?

>> No.4684904

>>4684886
Because retro gaming should be pre-1999 worshiping and not old games, right?

>> No.4684909

>>4684897
Because Dreamcast was discontinued way before ps2/gc did.

>> No.4684910

>>4684897
It was banned at first, and dreamcast fans bitched and bitched and bitched until moot relented and allowed it, thus taking the first step down the slippery slope. Allow 6th gen and then 7th gen fans will begin bitching too,

>> No.4684912

>>4684904
Maybe when 6th gen games are actually old.

>> No.4684913

>>4684731
If that were to happen mods better be prepared to stay online 24/7 for weeks to delete every single 6th Gen post after it ended. Anything less would give them the idea that they're welcome here. And we know mods wouldn't do that, so it's a horrible idea to try.

>> No.4684916

>>4684897
Because the Dreamcast was released before the year 2000, and the PS2/Gamecube weren't. It says that very clearly in the sticky.

>> No.4684925

>>4684834
>>4684841
Nah fuck that. I don't care about console gens. I want Win 98 to recognised. I want more games like Deus Ex, Divine Divinity and Diablo 2 being discussed. Console gens are a hinderance and promote console fanboi wars, and autist collector fags. PC master rice. /pcr/

>> No.4684927
File: 22 KB, 426x287, 1498429053024.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4684927

>>4684819
>elitist
There is literally nothing wrong with wanting to keep a community insular. If you accept everyone who comes by and don't shoo away the people who don't fit the board, you get what happened to /v/. Do you want /vr/ to turn into /v/? Because I certainly don't, and I can't understand who would.

>> No.4684931

>>4684904
Maybe your definition of "retro" isn't that, but that is /vr/'s definition of it.

>> No.4685039

>>4684916
As I continue to say, the 1999 cut off is arbitrary and stupid. From a generation standpoint dreamcast is the same as ps2, if you have 1 you should have both

>> No.4685046

>>4682764
>>4682767
I'm ok with this

>> No.4685049

>>4685039
Agreed. Dreamcast should be booted off /vr/

>> No.4685052

>>4685049
If dreamcast got booted I'd agree the rules makes sense but would still think they are shitty

>> No.4685060

>>4685049
fuck you dreamcast is the best retro console next to the xbox.

>> No.4685063

>>4685060
Typical team Peep chestslapper.

>> No.4685068

Remind me why Dreamcast is allowed but GBA isn't

>> No.4685069

>>4685068
see >>4684910

>> No.4685071

>>4685068
last sega console
that's enough for me

>> No.4685074

>>4685068
CRAZY TAXI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G91ziPCo39k

SEGA RULEZ

>> No.4685076

>>4685049
This. Fuck, this thing got games until 2007 or so

>> No.4685096

>>4685076
The GBC has games from 2003. I fail to see the issue with dreamcast.

>> No.4685104

>>4685096
Then you probably fail to see why the GBA isn't here

>> No.4685110
File: 23 KB, 293x300, download.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4685110

>>4685096
>>4685076

>> No.4685125

>>4685104
The gameboy advance was released in 2001. It's library is full of older ports and even has backwards compatibility with the GB/C. It's unfortunate that it doesnt make the cutoff date for the board, however, most consoles before it were still getting games after the advance was out. If you want to sperg about the cutoff date so bad, we should also enforce a rule that prohibits the games that came out after 1999. Unfortunately for you, this still means that dreamcast is technically safe.

>> No.4685152

While not perfect the most logical cut off is the start of the HD era. Everything from Xbox back. I would include GBA too or course.

>> No.4685165

>>4685152
PS2 has some games that output at 1080i.

>> No.4685174

if GBA is added, I want the Nintendo DS too

>> No.4685176

>>4685165
It had like 3 games that did 1080i, no one thinks of ps2 as an HD console

>> No.4685184

>no good shitposts
>no oc memes
>uses event as an excuse to fight about faggot board rules
This board fucking sucks.

>> No.4685189

>>4685184
then quickly go on back to >>>/v/

>> No.4685197

>>4685184
What did you expect us to do with it? Honestly? This event was custom made for /ck/, not us/

>> No.4685210

>>4685176
So what about the Wii then? It still only outputs at 480i/p. Cutting off solely for resolution is pretty silly. You could even include the 3ds in your senario...
My point is, that the retro discussion should not be based off of graphics, or generation. It should be about discussing older titles and even ports and later games in the series from newer generation. Ex. how the crash remaster fairs against the originals, which version of the namco museum is definitive, etc. I think the rules as they are now make sense, however, the whole "discussion of sub '99 games/consoles" makes it unclear about when we can discuss good ports on newer platforms. We had the switch punch out thread that quickly turned into a bunch of people crying how it wasn't retro enough. There really is no way to please everybody, so we can only hope that janitors go easy on us when we do decide to talk about any new releases. Re-releases or sequels to older titles. I'm curious to see how /vr/ handles the new toejam and earl game (if it ever releases)

>> No.4685215
File: 897 KB, 800x430, 1468293887032.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4685215

>>4685184
>OC on a board that was made to discuss dated content

>> No.4685225

>>4685184
>>>/v/
we actually like video games here.

>> No.4685226

game

>> No.4685228

>>4685226
I lost.

>> No.4685230

>>4685210
Wii is a emulation machine at this point so I would include I here. Especially since it's does 240p

>> No.4685235

>>4685230
Well aren't you welcoming. You're just letting everyone and everything in here. Did you write California's immigration policy too?

>> No.4685240

>>4685230
Yeah man, we should include the fucking Switch as well as someone got Chrono Trigger running on it.
Fucking retard.

>> No.4685245

>>4685230
We already have threads that discuss the emulation capabilities of new consoles though. It doesn't mean we're discussing the new games that came out for it. It's really only partially allowed here. The issue with GBA is that we can't have the same kind of discussions about the ports that came for it later. It's so close to the cutoff date that the board throws a hissy fit when anybody tries to talk about it. Similar to why the OG xbox anon gets shit on every time he mentions emulating on it.

>>4685235
Go back to /pol/
>inb4 /pol/ boogieman
No you're just not discussing videogames anymore. You're just off topic entirely.

>> No.4685287
File: 72 KB, 610x610, 0cfwkj-l-610x610-phone+cover-gameboy-console-electronics-pink-cute-hello+kitty.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4685287

PEEPS ARE WINNING OH FUCK

>> No.4685295

>>4685287
Good thing we didn't agree to their terms in the first place. This contract is non-binding.

>> No.4685296
File: 200 KB, 700x500, kirby poyo.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4685296

>>4685287
>>4682764
>>4682767
PINK POYO POWER

>> No.4685302
File: 229 KB, 500x451, cardcaptorlarge.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4685302

>>4685295
/vr/ will never be the same. I always said the gba is just a shitty snes. we will just have more nintendo retards.

>> No.4685306
File: 8 KB, 256x224, 1181242143153.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4685306

>>4682829
>>4682959
>>4682946
>>4682945
>>4682931
>>4682916
>>4682975
send boobs

>> No.4685315

>>4685287
AND JUST LIKE THAT, BASED PEANUT BUTTER OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE.

>> No.4685528
File: 354 KB, 1062x1500, FIFA-14-PS2-box.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4685528

>>4683154
Honestly, I don't even know myself. The minute you let PS2 threads in here, it'll be the end of /vr/ as we know it.

Check out my favourite PS2 game, anon.

>> No.4685547

>>4683996
What are you talking about?

You can get a 6th gen thread easily on /v/, because a majority of the users there are still in their late teens/early 20's which is when 6th gen was their childhood to an extent. You can post about a PS2 thread and it'll get responses and that's all you need.

The real reason you want it is because /v/ is a shit board, and you just want to move your vidya discussion to another board and in doing so you'll just bring all the shitposters from that board to this one. It'll bring /vr/ down more and more.

>>4685068
The reason the Dreamcast got special treatment was because it was always forgotten about in those threads and would never get a sole thread about it outside of it's birthday, it actually WASN'T being discussed on /v/ along with the rules having it be in a weird limbo.

>> No.4685769

>>4684776
5th gen is just barely retro.

>> No.4685989

"Retro" should just be determined by the age of the game and not have anything to do with hardware release dates. If we go with "20+ years old game", we can add Y2K games in 2020. When the rule was made, it covered 15+ years old. I think going with a steady "X+ years old" rule will keep a self-regulated age limited that doesn't need to be updated, and whiners can just wait until the next year when it gets covered automatically.

This is better, because talking about Windows games is made as an obtuse exception. Windows is "current gen", but because of the arbitrary, "stagnate at 1999 for years and not do shit about it like lazy faggots" seems to be the end-all, be-all of this board's retarded moderators.

Everyone talking "6th gen this" & "7th gen that" are just tools of this idiotic system. Pokemon Mini is primitive, retro shit whether you tards like it or not.

>> No.4685992
File: 13 KB, 229x253, 1521250196896.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4685992

>>4685528
>el shaarawy

>> No.4685997

>4685528
lol fifa threads I miss those

>> No.4686028

>>4685068
Released before 2000 as per the rules. It was technically wrong to ban it in the first place.

>> No.4686032

>>4685989
You're the kind of cunt who doesn't understand the rules.
Would you go into WW2 board and start yelling about how come you can't talk about Korean War it was also over 50 years ago ree ree reeeeeee change my diaper mommy

>> No.4686079

>>4686032
lol, you made up rules that aren't even enforced. I'd ask you why /rhg/, a General that's outside of /vg/ where it belongs, is still allowed to be here when it breaks off into NDS discussion, but that's like beating off an impotent horse.

>> No.4686106

>>4685074
YAH YAH YAH YAH YAH

>> No.4686114

>>4685039
>the 1999 cut off is arbitrary
Sure
>and stupid
Nah.
I will agree that it'd be better for the Dreamcast to be booted off than to allow the PS2, though. As is, however, the Dreamcast died a lot sooner than the PS2 and their games libraries are completely different in terms of years. The Dreamcast died in 2001 and pretty much stopped getting any and all games after that point. There are still some homebrew releases but those don't count because even the NES and Atari 2600 are getting homebrew, it basically got zero games after like '03. When you talk about the Dreamcast on this board, you're talking about a console from 1998-2003, which really isn't any different than talking about the N64 (last game was released in 2002, after the Dreamcast's death) or the PS1 (last game was released in 2004 in Japan and NA, 2005 in Europe). The PS1 outlived the Dreamcast. MEANWHILE, the last PS2 game released was Pro Evolution Soccer 2014, released in late 2013. There is an entire goddamn decade of games that would suddenly be allowed if you added PS2 to /vr/ compared to Dreamcast. Surely you can see how huge a difference that is.

>> No.4686123

>>4684008
>"Retro" means "CRT TV era"
Everyone had a CRT TV when the Xbox 360 and PS3 came out.

>> No.4686158

>muh last game
yes those games would have many threads indeed

>> No.4686167

I think lulzy discussion of Tekken Tag Tournament would be the best /vr/ception.
>arcade version released in '99
>claims discussion of ports is allowed
>only other port is PS2

>> No.4686172

>>4686167
Tekken Tag Tournament is allowed.
>Retro gaming means consoles, computer games, arcade games (including pinball) and any other forms of video games on platforms launched in 1999 and earlier.

>> No.4686178
File: 15 KB, 222x227, index.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4686178

>>4686114
fuggin this now remove that wall of bullshit

>> No.4686182

>>4686178
Oh no guys, he posted one of the exceptions that I already mentioned as being a thing. I guess we have to let people talk about Call of Duty and Halo on /vr/ now.

>> No.4686187

>>4686167
You say that like we haven't had TTT threads.

>> No.4686193

>>4686182
no different than mario or zelda threads

>> No.4686195

>>4686193
Statements like that are why people are being so mean to you in the thread, anon.

>> No.4686202
File: 17 KB, 360x360, DK_high.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4686202

>all this "mut my childhood is retro too!" butthurt

>> No.4688448 [DELETED] 

Kek

>> No.4689101

>>4686123
When did LCd make the scene

>> No.4689104
File: 181 KB, 424x424, image.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4689104

>> No.4689106

>>4684804
>muh slippery slope

>> No.4689114

i don't consider MGS3, Melee, GTA San Andreas, DMC, Kingdom Hearts, Halo or Mario Sunshine Retro.
But I'm sure some people here also don't take Banjo-Kazooie or Crash Bandicoot as retro

>> No.4689116

>>4689106
>muh "add muh" to an argument to make it look ridiculous
kys faggot

>> No.4689124

>dumb crossboarders demand that /vr/ change to accommodate them
Fuck offfff

>> No.4689127

lel why is thread not deleted

>> No.4689139

We didn't have this whining for sixth gen until the DC got added. Let's ban the DC and keep all sixth gen faggotry out of /vr/ for good.

>> No.4689141
File: 17 KB, 360x360, DK_low.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4689141

>all this "mut yur childhood is not retro!" butthurt

>> No.4689143

>>4689114
It's about perspective, and this board was created with a locked perspective.

>> No.4689294

>>4689116
>kys
You first.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action