[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 50 KB, 768x672, giyjak.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4663757 No.4663757 [Reply] [Original]

>tfw someone snipes an ebay auction from you for a cheap retro CIB game

>> No.4663762
File: 43 KB, 460x743, 1514986031502.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw someone put in a higher bid because they actually understand how fucking auctions work
FTFY

Delete this, brainlet

>> No.4663768

how the hell do you even get sniped. put in the damn maximum amount you want to pay and leave it. if a last second sniper tries to outbid you it wont work or else he will bid more than what you are willing to pay. why the hell are you even trying to outbid what are mostly bots people have set up to bid for them

>> No.4664238

>>4663768
Just use Gixen every time. It's fucking free. Bidding early gives other time to react to your bids. Just set your max bid in Gixen and if you lose out you simply weren't willing to pay enough.

>> No.4664292
File: 34 KB, 500x500, 1515122024588.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4663757
>bidding
That's your problem my dude. Auctions are a joke. 99% of the time, prices get inflated by retards who start bidding hours or even days before the auction is about to end. Very, very rarely you'll stumble onto a listing where nobody will bid and you'll be able to snag something nice at super low price, but that almost never happens. Usually, auctions are just an exercise in anticipation, frustration and needless patience. The better thing to do is to keep an eye out for retards listing their shit as BIN who don't know what they have. This requires a discerning eye for quality and potential scams but it usually turns out a lot better in the long run. Also, don't be afraid to send offers to people even if they don't have the option listed. I can't tell you how many times I'll want, say, a $50 item and message multiple people simultaneously saying "Hey, would you take $30 for this?" and we end up agreeing on $35 or $40. People who are selling shit don't want it, they want it gone, so if you're smart you can easily find a way to get what you want at lower than market value.