Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

If you can see this message, the SSL certificate expiration has been fixed.
Become a Patron!

/vr/ - Retro Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 122 KB, 257x253, MOHU.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4575497 No.4575497 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

>*blocks Goldeneye's path*

>> No.4575502

Oh boy this fucking meme again. It's a generic as fuck WW2 shooter with literally 0 defining features outside of being one of the only slightly passable shooters on a console almost entirely devoid of them. It couldn't even handle more than 2 players. It was a piece of shit and so are you for pretending it could even approach the likes of Goldeneye, let alone big dick Perfect Dark.

>> No.4575504

>>4575502
>It's a generic as fuck WW2 shooter

Name 3 ww2 shooters of its time.

>> No.4575508

>>4575504
Are you implying a WW2 setting is anything but generic? It would have been generic even if it was the first WW2 shooter ever because of how overplayed WW2 has been in every form of media. Regardless, shit like Deadly Dozen and Mortyr came out around the same time, not to mention Wolfenstein which released in 19 fucking 81. I repeat: it was one of the only passable shooters on a console that had almost none. That's what it did "right". In every other way it was a forgettable, trite experience with shit multiplayer and no replayability. 20 years later and Sonyfags still can't give it up, I swear.

>> No.4575509

>>4575497
Do you play as a woman? No sarcasm, that's quite interesting for its time.

>> No.4575510

>>4575502
>It couldn't even handle more than 2 players
Neither could Goldeneye, honestly.

>> No.4575513

>>4575508
>shit like Deadly Dozen and Mortyr came out around the same time, not to mention Wolfenstein which released in 19 fucking 81

anon I don't think I've ever seen grasping at straws this pathetic, those games never ever get mentioned nor are relevant in any way
are you trying to say that in the late 90s ww2 shooters were far more generic and common than modern setting ones a la Goldeneye?

>> No.4575514

>>4575510
By that logic, this game couldn't even handle one since it barely manages to hold 15~20fps even in singleplayer. Also, you're a faggot and you know damn well it was perfectly playable.

>> No.4575515
File: 31 KB, 680x365, btfo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4575515

>>4575510

>> No.4575518

>>4575513
>anon I don't think I've ever seen grasping at straws this pathetic, those games never ever get mentioned nor are relevant in any way
Moving goalposts already faggot? I named them, now they're "not relevant"? And furthermore, fucking Wolfenstein isn't relevant? The fuck?
>are you trying to say that in the late 90s ww2 shooters were far more generic and common than modern setting ones a la Goldeneye?
Uh, yes. Goldeneye was a very unique game for its time. Spy shooters with an emphasis on stealth and use of gadgetry basically didn't even exist before Goldeneye. Hell, they practically don't exist today.

>> No.4575520
File: 20 KB, 306x306, enough.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4575520

>>4575518
Listen faggot, Mortyr plays like Quake/Doom, its faced paced arcade as fuck shooter that has nothing in common with MOH, literally. Not only that but its also mechanically inferior.
And Dirty Dozen came a year or two after MOH.
Wolfenstein came out 20 years before that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwR4rxoavQk

Is it just me or are you retarded? I am not moving the goalpost, it's just that you haven't really met the goals to begin with.
You are just a faggot who judges a game he doesn't like on modern merits (a 2000 game is generic because ten years later a shitton of similar games came!!!!!11), meanwhile his favorite nostalgia game gets excused of the same treatment just because... nostalgia? lol

>> No.4575521

>>4575518
>I named them, now they're "not relevant"? And furthermore, fucking Wolfenstein isn't relevant? The fuck?

The two games that you named that sold a total amount of what, 2000 copies? Sure as fuck made EVERYONE sick of the ww2 settings.

>> No.4575524

>>4575520
>Listen faggot, Mortyr plays like Quake/Doom, its faced paced arcade as fuck shooter that has nothing in common with MOH, literally. Not only that but its also mechanically inferior.
It's literally nothing like either of those games and the gameplay was never the point retard.
>Wolfenstein came out 20 years before that.
Right, so I'm glad we've established this setting is nothing new for a shooter.
>Is it just me or are you retarded? I am not moving the goalpost, it's just that you haven't really met the goals to begin with.
LOL good one. You asked for WW2 shooters, I named three, now you say they don't count. That's moving goalposts. Try again fagoid.
>You are just a faggot who judges a game he doesn't like on modern merits (a 2000 game is generic because ten years later a shitton of similar games came!!!!!11), meanwhile his favorite nostalgia game gets excused of the same treatment just because... nostalgia? lol
What a trainwreck of a statement. It has nothing to do with judging a game on modern merits, it has everything to do with judging a game based on its own merits, and it just isn't a very good game inherently. Also, Goldeneye isn't my "favorite nostalgia game", dude I think Goldeneye is a piece of shit compared to the likes of Perfect Dark or Quake, but that doesn't mean it's a bad game on its own or that it wasn't much more unique compared to this turd.

>> No.4575525

>>4575524
>this game is SO GENERIC AS FUCK, I mean this one game in the same setting came a year ago, and another 20 years ago

OH MY GOD HOW GENERIC

>> No.4575527

>>4575525
>yet again ignoring the other games I mentioned
Try to comprehend this simplest of concepts: there were WW2 shooters long before MoH. It did nothing unique, it did nothing special, it was a 6/10 shooter on a console with no shooters. Goldeneye was an entirely different kind of shooter that had never been done before and was good enough to sell 8 million copies on a console with 1/3 the installed userbase of the PS1 and plenty of competing shooters. That's reality and you are fucking stupid.

>> No.4575529

>>4575527
>ad hominem

How about you go dig up a dictionary and look up the meaning of the word generic first and foremost. Generic implies a multitude of the same, not literally one singular title that directly precedes something.

You are pretty shit at debating.

>> No.4575531

>>4575529
>Generic implies a multitude of the same, not literally one singular title that directly precedes something.
And yet I named three, not even including the multitude of others that exist which you continually ignore.
>You are pretty shit at debating.
Lmao whatever helps you sleep retardo.

>> No.4575532

>>4575531
>And yet I named three

You named 1 (one). And then you named one more game that came 20 years ago, and you named one other game that wasn't even released until a year later. Why is this hard for you to understand?

>> No.4575536

>>4575532
>You named 1 (one). And then you named one more game that came 20 years ago, and you named one other game that wasn't even released until a year later. Why is this hard for you to understand?
Why is it so hard for you to understand that MoH literally did nothing new and you're trying to pretend a by the numbers shooter is comparable to GE?

>> No.4575542

>>4575536
>Why is it so hard for you to understand that MoH literally did nothing new

Literally best AI at the time. Not that better than PD but still a notch better.

>> No.4575551

>>4575542
Uh no, this is complete bullshit. Enemies in PD did some insane stuff - you could shoot the weapon out of their hands and they'd fumble around for it on the ground, roll into cover, coordinate with one another, disarm you, activate alarms, surrender when intimidated, use secondary functions on weapons... the list goes on. MoH can't even fucking compare.

>> No.4575557

>>4575551
kek you didn't even play the game did you?
you watched some youtube video at some point in your life and you hate it because of whatever /vr/ stigma it has most likely

>> No.4575561

>>4575557
>w-whoa, the AI in PD does all that? w-well uh... y-you just haven't play the game
Yeah, actually I have, and it isn't as good as GE or PD. Try again gaylord.

>> No.4575564

>>4575561
>Yeah, actually I have,

No you don't because you named shitton of stuff that you can do in MOH.

>> No.4575567

>>4575564
>No you don't because you named shitton of stuff that you can do in MOH.
Where did I say you couldn't do "some" of that in MoH? I just gave a list of all the shit you could do in PD, more than half of which you could NOT do in MoH. If you had grown up with both consoles you'd realize how gay you're being right now, this attempt to justify your shovelware childhood is pathetic.

>> No.4575570

>>4575567
Grasping at straws in every single post and reply dude, you are really pathetic.
I'm gonna be a good sport and let you have your last final reply to me so that you can continue to exist with your perpetual delusions of grandeur opinions, because it's obvious you crave to have the last word far more than to contribute an actual argument that stands its ground.

Have at it

>> No.4575589

>>4575570
>I'm gonna be a good sport and let you have your last final reply to me so that you can continue to exist with your perpetual delusions of grandeur opinions, because it's obvious you crave to have the last word far more than to contribute an actual argument that stands its ground.
>Have at it
Lmao, gladly. Typical passive aggressive attitude of someone who has been defeated in an argument and decides to take the "high ground" by being the first to depart from the discussion.
>Grasping at straws in every single post and reply dude, you are really pathetic.
You asked for shooters with a WW2 theme, I named them. Then you said they weren't relevant because they weren't popular. Then you said the gameplay wasn't the same even though the gameplay was never the fucking point of argument. You just keep backpedaling and backpedaling. Then you start sounding off any kind of bullshit you can think of to discredit Goldeneye/PD as the superior games, like saying "b-but the AI" when you know full and well (or maybe don't know at all, since you probably never played the games) that PD is vastly more advanced in every way.

You have no argument, you're full of bullshit and you had a gay childhood. Get fucked.

>> No.4575652

>>4575509
yes, you play as a french

>> No.4575745

>>4575502
>>4575518
>>4575524
>>4575527
>>4575531
>>4575536
>>4575551
>>4575561
>>4575567
>>4575589
>>4575589
A U T I S M

>> No.4575749

Proto-Call of Duty

>> No.4575751

>>4575749
that would be Allied Assault

>> No.4575756

>>4575751
No idea, just the whole generic warfare setting and EA.
Or CoD was Activision?

>> No.4575757
File: 356 KB, 1214x1239, it_seems_you_are_extremely_upset.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4575757

>>4575745
>assmad PS1 fan with no games

>> No.4575765

Both Medal of Honor games were really good, but there is a genuine reason they aren’t as well remembered as Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, and it’s not a Nintendo conspiracy. It’s because those two games were bigger classics.

>> No.4575858

>>4575757
>>>/v/

>> No.4575890

>>4575497
Yeah, nobody was playing Medal of Honor at house parties back in 1999.

>> No.4575894

>>4575890
/thread

>> No.4575895 [DELETED] 
File: 1.06 MB, 1064x1750, The_Shit_Rat_Identification_Manual.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4575895

>>4575497
Alert: Shit-Rat identified

>> No.4575898

>>4575890
>>4575894
yeah bro Halo is the best FPS ever

>> No.4575905

>>4575890
>infamous nintendo literally-homosexual sleepovers
>"parties"

kek

>> No.4575909

>>4575905
>literally so assblasted about not having any friends or getting an N64 as a kid that you have to pretend that childhood sleepovers were homosexual orgies
Imagine.

Just, imagine...

Being this gay.

>> No.4575914

>>4575890
I had house parties all the time as a kid, we played everything but Goldeneye on the 64., Cause the controls are horrible and none of my buds had a 64 to practice on at home. Its the least pick up and play game ive ever encountered on any console. I did have some good battle with my brothers who had time to learn the game tho.

DKR, MK64, WWF 2000/No Mercy. Now those are good party games.

>> No.4575915
File: 66 KB, 588x570, stinky day.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4575915

>>4575909
thank god I was never a nintendo toddler pass the NES era desu

>> No.4575920
File: 266 KB, 540x543, 252356hj75hrgsgaes2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4575920

>>4575905
>be columbine school shooters
>one gets raped by a police officer behind a tree while the other watches
>make videos and write poems crying about it
>plan to shoot up school in retaliation because muh evil humanity
>have gay sex hours before the shooting
>kill other weak weebs you didn't even know and leave stronk chads alive to pass on their genes
>a final kiss and then mutual suicide
>both owned a PS1 and loved FF7
>pretending anyone could be gayer than a Sony fan

>> No.4575921

>>4575914
Well with my circle of friends was pretty much exclusively Goldeneye. Occasionally Smash Bros. or Mario kart would get busted out, but the other 96% of the time we shot each other in the face.

>> No.4575924
File: 1.99 MB, 352x264, 1518013202394.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4575924

>>4575915
>implying fat greasy nerds gathering for Tekken competitions smell like roses

>> No.4575938

>>4575924
not him but I'm a smash player and BO is a notorious problem in competitive smash. for some reason smash players bathe less on average or something.

>> No.4575939
File: 32 KB, 314x378, command and feel.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4575939

>>4575921
>that feel when you have only one game to sustain you for the entire console life span

>> No.4575946

>>4575938
Smash Bros players just get sweatier because it's a more intense game. Tekken players can jerk themselves off with one hand while pressing dial-a-juggle buttons on the other.

>> No.4575950

Eh, it's cool. I had plenty of single player games for when I was alone. And its not like I had stopped playing NES and SNES either.

>> No.4575964
File: 28 KB, 343x362, 1505543235663.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4575964

>>4575939
I know, FF7 isn't much to get along on.

>> No.4575981

>>4575964
Why the FF7 obsession? Not sony's fault it would retail for around $1200 if it was on N64.

>> No.4575995

>>4575981
>Why the FF7 obsession? Not sony's fault it would retail for around $1200 if it was on N64.
Funny, because N64 was the console that could run Quake with hardware acceleration, which would have required a $1800 PC at the time, meanwhile the PS1 could barely run Doom lmao.

>> No.4575998
File: 106 KB, 1107x305, mi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4575998

>>4575995
Ahhsss yes, the infamous power of Nintendo 64™

>> No.4576002
File: 482 KB, 1272x584, PSX_VS_N64___Mortal_Kombat_4_by_Elias1986.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4576002

>>4575998
Lmao, nice cherrypicking you gay little child. Try again.

>> No.4576006
File: 51 KB, 609x308, 98259252768.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4576006

>>4575998

>> No.4576008

>>4576002
right image looks emulated..
>>4576006
this one is legit though

>> No.4576009
File: 1.49 MB, 500x384, yoshi's_story.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4576009

I like how people think comparing ports means anything. Each console has totally different architecture and one might be easier to port a certain game to than another. If you want to see which console has the best looking games you look at the exclusives. Even the 2D games on N64 blew PS1 away.

>> No.4576013
File: 119 KB, 640x960, 1409202398127.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4576013

>>4576008
>this one is legit though
And so is this.

>> No.4576016

>>4576009
literally snes-tier visual garbage
what are you trying to prove here

>> No.4576018

>>4576016
>literally snes-tier visual garbage
You are legitimately retarded.

>> No.4576019

>>4576009
this is higher fidelity, sure, but Yoshi's Island on SNES and Rayman on PS1 look better than this

>> No.4576024

>>4576019
>this is higher fidelity, sure, but Yoshi's Island on SNES and Rayman on PS1 look better than this
You might prefer the art style of those games but to say they have better graphics is absolute bullshit.

>> No.4576028
File: 24 KB, 959x637, Hunter.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4576028

>>4576019
>SNES graphics
>better than YS
nigger are you kidding me

>> No.4576029
File: 99 KB, 700x560, gfs_27982_2_17.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4576029

>>4575998
>PS1 has better graphics
lol.

>> No.4576037
File: 178 KB, 600x600, ps1_syphon_filter_2_p_o49ez8[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4576037

>*shits on every single predecessing console shooter*

>> No.4576038

>>4576028
>>4576009
both of these look way better on a CRT, especially Rayman

>> No.4576102

>>4576028
That's from the GBA port you fucking /v/ child

>> No.4576176

Reminder to ignore the perfect dark autist.

>> No.4576180

>>4576176
>Reminder to ignore the perfect dark autist.
How bad did this guy cuck you to make you keep doing this?

>> No.4576182

>>4576180
i legit see this dude posting this any time somebody mentions perfect dark. i think he legitimately believes only one person ever mentions pd in a graphics debate. imagine spending so much time on 4chan and get wrecked by pd autists so much that you feel the compulsive need to tell everyone to ignore them lmao

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action