Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

/vt/ is now archived.Become a Patron!

/vr/ - Retro Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 58 KB, 331x500, 51RCZOiKRFL.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4535415 No.4535415 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

I tried 3 times to get into MM but i always end up giving up. Guess because i played Oot first as a kid and then MM as an adult?

>> No.4535429

>>4535415
The timed system blows. But if you get passed that it's good.

>> No.4535434

>>4535415
Never give up. I beated it without the fierce deity mask.

>> No.4535459

Breath of Fire 1 & 2. Can't stand the grinding anymore of older RPGs.

>> No.4535473

It's really not that fun after you get the Zoras Mask. I loved swimming mechanics a Zora and Goron roll but everything else in the ocean is tedious as fuck and designed to work against base movement and combat mechanics of transformation masks. Shit gets tripple tedious in Ikana

>> No.4535487

>>4535415
I dropped it a million times too, I think the save system had something to do with it.

>> No.4535494

>>4535487
The Japanese version dosent even have the owls saves.

You can do some wonky glitches with the owls.

>> No.4535497

>>4535415
1944: The Loop Master. I'm experienced in arcade shmups yet this game kicks my ass just 2-3 stages in, even after several tries. I've posted here before about it but nobody seems to have played it here.

>> No.4535506

Loved everything in clocktown, swamp and mountains was good, Zora shit was awful and cardinal direction #4 was so tedious I've never gotten through it.

>> No.4535524
File: 70 KB, 256x254, Vagrantstorybox.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4535524

this is just boring, no matter how much you meme it into being good

>> No.4535529

The one grace I will give MM dissenters is that it is a much much uglier game than Ocarina of Time. I can see how someone might not like it if the darker aesthetic doesn't appeal to them. But if it's about the time system, then just get out of my face. You're not a gamer. You just want a win button.

>> No.4535535

>>4535529

Time system is shit deal with it
It's the sole reason MM has zero replay value, because it forces you to redo big chinks of it for key items.

>> No.4535754

Hellfire

>> No.4535793

>>4535754
Fucking Toaplan challenge (except for Batsugun I guess). Their horis (like Hellfire) aren't as good, tho.

>> No.4535818

For some reason, I started Majora's Mask and the original Legend Of Zelda probably a hundred times before finally beating them, and they were more rewarding to beat as a result.

>> No.4535836

>>4535818
It's the mark of a good game, usually.

>> No.4537436

>>4535415
I love MM, but there's a definite lull after the Zora mask. There should have been a mask for the Ikana portion to keep things fresh imho.

>> No.4537450

ff6

its just childish and way too simple and linear

I borrowed a friends snes and his copy of it just to play it, got about halfway through it; it's just bad

>> No.4537463

Pretty much all of the Final Fantasy games. I managed to beat V but I can't get more than a third into VI without getting bored.
The combat is dull as fuck to me, especially coming off of games like Etrian Odyssey

>> No.4537474

>>4535535

Not him, but he's right you're not a gamer.

MM has replay value BECAUSE of the time system. It gave a new angle on unlocking side quests that the series, and games like it, haven't been able to reproduce that since.

>> No.4537487

MM's "real" problem for people was that it wasn't OoT.

>> No.4537518

same. I thought I loved it, but it started getitng slow for me after I got the Zora mask. I enjoyed the Great Bay temple, but then when I got to Ikana I finally just sort of stopped. Seems like a common theme in thist hread actually. THe time mechanic didn't bother me

>> No.4537879

I liked the game besides the Water Temple and tingle.
There are plenty of memorable moments.
I didnt hate it for not beeing OOT. Its more like an addon with a new journey.
For the time they worked on it its really good.

>> No.4538814

In ikana fetching all that shit for the gibdos in that dungeon is the worst part. So tedious.

>> No.4538840

>>4538814
That part: O shit, we're on time constraints and the game is too "short". Quickly, pad it out!

>> No.4538867

The time system played a big part in why I grew to like Majora's Mask. It allowed you to revisit major scenes or sidequests whenever; something I wished as a kid OoT would let you do

>> No.4539305

>>4535415
Your pic related is mine. I'll start, then I'll realize what I actually want to play is OoT so I quit.
I can't seem to enjoy majoras mask

>> No.4539306

I always drop FFVI somewhere during the world of ruin, it just bores me and I've finished the NES games multiple times

>> No.4539307

>>4535415
>Games you keep giving up on.
Valkyrie Profile

looks, plays and sounds great, but most dungeons in it are pure crap, easy to get lost and a chore to beat

Goddamnit, I want to love it, but I just dropped it for the 4th time, I think this is it

>> No.4539338

>>4535535


>deal with it

super awesome rebuttal, don't know how anyone could possibly argue against that

>> No.4539342

>>4537436

I have a theory that the skull keeta mask was originally meant to be the fourth transformation mask. They ran out of time and split his powers up between the song that summons the dolls and the giant's mask.

>> No.4539356

>>4535524
This so much. I'm usually pretty forgiving of games, I honestly think this game is shit. I just don't see where people think it went right.

>> No.4539382

>>4535415
Chrono Trigger and Puyo Puyo.
I love a lot of older RPGs but I never get far in CT because I get bored of everything.
Despite my love for puzzle games, Puyo Puyo annoys me a lot with its controls and it feels very cheap because of the whole chain system. Even other puzzle games like Dr. Mario or Wario's Woods don't punish you so hard for letting your opponent make a chain.

>> No.4540098

>>4535524
>>4539356
The trick I guess is to like the crafting of weapons and finding out how to use them. It also helps that you can become demi-god strong to the point of walking up to a dragon, and just punching its legs to death without weapons.
I used to be the same as you guys, but I remember reading an absurdly good FAQ/ Walkthrough back in the day (by spangenhelm or something?), that made understand and absolutely love Vagrant Story.

>> No.4540103

>>4540098
Found the walkthough, it's by Zy Nicholson, the spangenhelm seems to have been his email.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/914326-vagrant-story/faqs/7745

>> No.4540117

I tried Majora's Mask several times. I bought it second Hand a few years after the release, last time I tried was a couple years back. The time limit thing ruins it for me, which is too bad, because other than that it is really good.

I never got into Morrowind, that is because I loved Gothic though, and Morrowind feels like a dead world in comparison.

>> No.4540274

>>4539307
Don't the dungeons have maps? I don't remember ever having trouble getting lost in them.

What is a chore though, is the requirements for the true end. I love the game but there's just no way someone playing for the first time is gonna figure out the requirements by himself, so you're forced to follow a FAQ and play in a very specific way that forces you to forfeit certain items and party members.

>> No.4540287
File: 1.07 MB, 2100x1534, n64_goemons_great_adventure_p_tw64s1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4540287

>>4535415
>Get to Ryugu Castle
>Best music in the game
>Can never fucking clear the castle/boss without game over-ing
>Have literally never seen anything past that point in all my years trying

I'd give it a go on an emulator and savestate my way through it, but no emulator can actually run it because it has major issues on water stages.

>> No.4540290

>>4540274
>Don't the dungeons have maps?
Thank you for reminding, I forgot about this on my last playthrough, would have saved me some frustration.

I was also going for the best and it really is kind of annoying, with a FAQ of course and Without one it's pretty much impossible. I thikn the devs meant it so that you'd first get C and B, and then leave it up to the player figure what Seal Rating really means and monitor which actions affect its rating.

>> No.4540428

Dragon quest WHERE THE FUCK DO I GO????????
>INB4 LOOK UP WALKTHROUGH
NO
(Rip legacy captcha)

>> No.4540459

>>4540428
if you can't figure out where to go your IQ is just too low

>> No.4540491

This is my second jrpg i dont have the passive knowledge of what to do anon

>> No.4540503

>>4540491
1. talk to npcs
2. explore
that's every RPG ever

>> No.4540506

>>4540428
Just go wherever. If a fight oneshots you, go elsewhere.

>> No.4540571

>>4540428
This happens to me too, not until about midway through the game though. Things are fairly straight forward at first, you can usually figure out where to go by talking to every NPC and exploring a little, but then you get to a point where you get a ship or something else which opens up the whole world map for you, and all the freedom suddenly becomes intimidating and confusing. At least that's how it was for me on DQ4 and 8. Are all DQs like that?

>> No.4540580

>>4540571
Yeah the DQs always open up a lot at the part where you get the ship. DQ2 especially. But it's not like they leave you with 0 info. Especially in DQ4 casue you get the boat after you've explored like half of the map in the previous chapters and they tell you to sail to the continent to the south.

>> No.4540602

Why is movement so sllllowwww
>>4540503
I am but its slow im playing on a psp and even at 150fps its fucking slow

>> No.4540625

FFT for me.
I like strategy rpgs, Final Fantasy and job systems, so it should be ideal for me, but I can't never spend more than 2-4 hours whenever I attempt to play it before getting bored. I think it's a mix of the story being too pretentious (compared to the regular FF) and your options being fairly limited at the start. You look at the menus and see all the cool jobs and abilities you could get, but how much grinding you need to do to unlock them, and it's very discouraging. Then you go into battle and you spend several turns slooooooowly getting next to an enemy so you can whack it (because you have no good ranged attacks or means to move faster), and the whole thing just feels like a chore.

Makes me wish it had the QOL features of modern Disgaea games, like adjusting the movement speed of your units on the map, skipping animations or even skipping entire story sequences if you want.

>> No.4540636

>>4535415
>retarded time limit
>tedious repetition
>no adult Link
>mostly recycled items and missing some good ones
>annoying save system
>small world with less choice over where to go from the outset
>poor clues as to where to go next
>only 4 dungeons, and they suck
MM is a Zelda game for people that don't like Zelda games and frankly it isn't very good.

>> No.4540645

>>4540636
>MM is a Zelda game for people that don't like Zelda games
Yep, this is why it's a favorite to a lot of people. The two on NES also have some fans due to them feeling quite different from the series afterwards.
The best "Zelda formula" game for me is probably OoS tho I'm not big into Zelda.

>> No.4540649

>>4540636
>no adult Link
I guess zelda 1, lttp, and link's awakening all suck now
>poor clues as to where to go next
what?
the first temple is really boring, I'll give you that, and it gives you a bad impression, but the great bay and snowhead temples are really good.
they wanted it to have a higher overworld:dungeon ratio than other zelda games with all the NPC sidequests in clock town

>> No.4540757

>>4540649
>I guess zelda 1, lttp, and link's awakening all suck now
Link is not a kid in those games.
Young, yes, but not as much as kid Link in OoT

>> No.4540819

I have never beaten Super Mario Bros. PTSD kicks in at world 8. I should at least try and do the 1up shell trick. Even my mom's beaten it.

>> No.4540824

>>4540819
remember it doesn't count if you use the continue cheat code

>> No.4540838

>>4540645
>The best "Zelda formula" game for me is probably OoS tho I'm not big into Zelda.
I agree with this. Seasons is probably my favorite Zelda game. Great balance of combat, puzzles and exploration and had lots of cool things to find and discover. Great game.
>>4540649
I guess zelda 1, lttp, and link's awakening all suck now
Like >>4540757 said, those incarnations of Link were "young" but not children. Playing as a 7 year old is lame.
>what?
What are you not understanding? The game does a terrible job of outlining your objectives and giving you a clear idea of what to do next. And don't cop out by saying "b-but that's the point", plenty of games that force you to think for yourself and find creative solutions to problems still give you a clear picture of what your goals are. MM makes everything as abstruse as possible and basically forces you to go around talking to people and experimenting with the same shit over and over until you find out what to do next. It's poorly designed.
>the first temple is really boring, I'll give you that, and it gives you a bad impression, but the great bay and snowhead temples are really good.
they wanted it to have a higher overworld:dungeon ratio than other zelda games with all the NPC sidequests in clock town
Truth is though, if that's what they wanted to do, they failed. MM might have more sidequests, but they're generally very simplistic and take place in a much smaller area. OoT had a larger world with a lot more diverse locations, and you often more choices for where to explore at any given time. MM lacks the feeling of going on an adventure and exploring, it's more about intimate social interactions and solving "puzzles" relating to characters.

>> No.4540846

>>4540838
Go play BotW then if you want "Muh explorashun" and fuck off

>> No.4540856

>>4540846
>Go play BotW then if you want "Muh explorashun" and fuck off
Lmao nice argument you dumb faggot. I don't want "muh explorashun", I want a good game. The fact you can't even differentiate between good game design and "explorashun" is enough to warrant any sensible person discarding your opinion entirely. Was OoT "muh explorashun"? No, it was often linear as fuck, but it actually created a sense of adventure and mystery and didn't force you to tirelessly repeat retarded tasks over and over in a claustrophobic world with uninteresting items and set pieces. Look, I get it, MM was your first Zelda game and you're incapable of seeing past your nostalgia, but it wasn't a good game and is absolutely riddled with poor design mechanics.

>> No.4540862

>>4540846
>presents a good argument with facts and without resorting to personal insult
>"I know, I will misspell a word, add muh, and tell him to fuck off, that will demonstrate my point, haha!"
people like you are literal cancer, majora fags need to be gassed

>> No.4540864

>>4540856
LA was actually my first Zelda game. I didn't actually get to play MM until the gamecube collectors disk because I never had the expansion pack for it to run on the N64.

And you rarely have to repeat tasks unless you totally fuck up. I don't know why you think the items were uninteresting. It made the ice arrows not useless and it added a shit ton of masks, some that give you transformations, some that let you do stuff better and some that just have neat little effects on things. Plus it had a ton of memorable characters and side quests. The dungeons are also pretty great even though there's only 4 of them.

>> No.4540871

>>4540862
His arguments are playing as a 7 year old is lame and that he's too much of a retard to figure out what to do.

>> No.4540872

>>4540864
>And you rarely have to repeat tasks unless you totally fuck up.
Total bullshit. Until you gain the ability to slow down time (which you may never even figure out, especially as a young kid), you'll be repeating that shit all the time.
>I don't know why you think the items were uninteresting
Because they were largely the exact same items from OoT, but with a lot of good ones removed, and with the addition of useless shit like 2 additional bottles. The Masks sucked, they were glorified keys that largely didn't do anything, and the transformation masks were basically the tunics with a few extra attacks.
>Plus it had a ton of memorable characters and side quests.
Yeah, like all of those recycled OoT characters and finding a potion for the Witch. So memorable.
>The dungeons are also pretty great even though there's only 4 of them.
Shorter, less intricate and less detailed than just about every dungeon in OoT.

>> No.4540875

>>4540871
>he's too much of a retard to figure out what to do.
the de facto retort of every majora fag when their shit game is attacked. the game being badly designed has nothing to do with whether anon is retarded or not, but given that you havent been able to provide any real argument im gonna say youre the retard in this scenario.

>> No.4540881

>>4535415
I've tried time and again to get into Phantasy Star, but all of the games end up being very bad.

>> No.4540883

>>4540838
>The game does a terrible job of outlining your objectives and giving you a clear idea of what to do next
I don't get it

>> No.4540884

>>4535415
I think I've tried 5+ times to play System Shock 2 but I always get as far as Medical and stop. It's a real good game, but I just can not stick with it.

>> No.4540894

>>4540883
>I don't get it
What don't you get? In Ocarina of Time, you were always given a simple but useful clue for how to proceed, like being told to go to the castle or Navi saying a wind blows from Zora's river. The game never said "follow this path to go to this exact place", but it told you what you needed to do and you figured out your own way to get there. MM abandons that. It says "here, don't worry about that, just wander around this tiny little world talking to 3 dozen characters until you figure out where to go next". Occasionally you'd have "some" idea of what to do, but rarely. A good game highlights your objectives but let's you figure out how to solve them. MM doesn't do that.

>> No.4541027

>>4540894
No, OoT literally just tells you exactly where to go and what to do. i prefer it to MM btw, didn't even finish MM.

>> No.4541063

>>4540636

This post is the best example of "It's not OoT".

>> No.4541072

>>4540894

Are you sure you're not just retarded? There are only four dungeons and somehow you didn't know where to go? The game starts you off in the centre of the map and there are four temples corresponding to four directions. Didn't Tael mention the order too, at the beginning of the game once you get the ocarina of time back? Holy shit.

I think you're just retarded.

>> No.4541075

>>4540894
No, the definition of a good game isn't one that holds your hand, retard. Just because you're too stupid to figure out MM (and I'm not saying it's a smart game, you're just that stupid if you can't figure it out).

I wonder where this stupid idea that "game design" means "I'm retarded but can still play it". In the real world, your specific problems with a game probably have nothing to do with its design.

For you, Majora's Mask is a great example of why you're wrong: the game DOES tell you exactly where to go and what to do. In fact the first thing it does every time you start the three day cycle is tell you what direction to go to get to a destination is tells you, eg "Go south to the swamp". You're as a matter of fact wrong on such a weak argument, nobody should listen to such a flawed opinion.

>> No.4541118

>>4541027
>>4541072
>>4541075
>the game isn't poorly designed, you're just retarded
Lmao great argument guys.

>> No.4541121

>>4541118
>I'm retarded therefor the game is poorly designed
Lmao great argument guy.

>> No.4541129

>>4541121
Point to where I said I ever had trouble beating the game. I didn't. I made an objective criticism that the game just doesn't do a very good job of telling you what your actual goals are. If I criticize a car without power steering for being clunky, are you going to tell me I'm retarded and can't drive? I guess you probably would, because you'd rather call someone mentally disabled than provide an actual argument. Majora fags really are the most delicate flowers, damn.

>> No.4541130

>>4535415
It's because you're possibly retarded. While OoT is a great game, so is MM in its own respects, but the two are not mutually exclusive like you're stupidly trying to suggest.

>> No.4541132

>>4541130
>It's because you're possibly retarded
Lmao like clockwork.

>> No.4541139

>>4541129

Point to where we said you had trouble beating the game.

We said you're retarded because you want your hand held, see because you're too stupid, and that you're misusing these big words you heard called "game design". Even though the game does hold your hand in exactly the way you want, so retards can beat it.

>> No.4541145

>>4541139
>Point to where we said you had trouble beating the game.
You literally implied that I must be retarded if I had a problem playing the game, which I didn't. How many paint chips do you eat exactly?
>We said you're retarded because you want your hand held
Lmao, "we", cringe. Don't speak for other people, you don't represent some kind of powerful permavirgin cabal, you're just a random faggot with a terrible opinion. Furthermore, again, where did I say that? I said that a good game outlines your objectives clearly but lets you decide how to approach them. Are you telling me you disagree with this statement? Quite frankly, the fact you can't even differentiate between those two concepts make me believe you're suffering from a spectrum disorder and probably the one with the sub-100 IQ. The fact you refer to "game design" as "big" words is pretty telling that you're quite literally retarded.
>Even though the game does hold your hand in exactly the way you want, so retards can beat it.
>you're retarded because you want the game to hold your hand, and it does exactly that, but you're retarded
Lol you might actually be the stupidest person browsing this board. I can't even take you seriously.

>> No.4541147
File: 62 KB, 734x510, necklaugh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4541147

>>4541145
>you don't represent some kind of powerful permavirgin cabal
kek, savage

>> No.4541149 [DELETED] 

>>4541145
>You literally implied

>>>/v/

>> No.4541154 [DELETED] 
File: 356 KB, 1214x1239, it_seems_you_are_extremely_upset.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4541154

>>4541149

>> No.4541163

>>4541139
>We said you're retarded because you want your hand held
i have no horse in this race but that's literally not even close to what he said and you sound like colossal faggot. go cry into a pillow

>> No.4541196
File: 954 KB, 320x240, 1516291150861.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4541196

>>4541139
>you're retarded because you want your hand held
>the game does hold your hand

>> No.4541208

>>4541196

That's not a contradiction. He's saying the game is shit because it doesn't hold his hand, and that that means the game is poorly designed, even though not holding your hand is not part of game design. It's especially retarded that it DOES hold his hand and he didn't notice.

>> No.4541210

>>4541208
>"He"
lol.

>> No.4541213

>>4541208
>y-you're retarded because you want the game to hold your hand!
>m-maybe you're just retarded because you didn't notice that it does!
>playing damage control this hard
Holy shit kid just give it the fuck up.

>> No.4541218

>>4541213

Give what up?

You seem to be doing the damage control, btw.

>> No.4541223

>>4541208
>He's saying the game is shit because it doesn't hold his hand
I like how you keep pretending that I said this just to discredit honest criticism lmao. What a brainlet.

>> No.4541229

>>4541218
Not that anon, I just find it funny how a pseudo intellectual faggot just fucked his own argument.

>> No.4541235

>>4541223
this is what every majora fag does. you tell them the game is a piece of shit for x and y reasons and then they proceed to tell youre retarded and mentally incapable of understanding their masterpiece of a game. usually there is even some penis envy regarding ocarina thrown into the mix. one of the most rabidly autistic fanbases known to man, avoid at all costs.

>> No.4541237

>>4541223

I like how you're mad that people disagree with you and point out your retardation.

Like, if this wasn't just about your ego, you'd even admit the part where your whole point is wrong at it's face (the game DOES tell you where to go every 3 day cycle). Instead you're scrapping for insults left and right while clearly just butthurt about people calling you retarded.

>>4541229

Except I didn't fuck up the argument. You don't seem to get it, I am not required to even take a position on whether the game is good or shit. I can point out both way his argument is wrong regardless.

>> No.4541240
File: 5 KB, 294x171, upset_faggot_child.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4541240

>>4541237
>I like how you're mad that people disagree with you and point out your retardation.
>Like, if this wasn't just about your ego, you'd even admit the part where your whole point is wrong at it's face (the game DOES tell you where to go every 3 day cycle). Instead you're scrapping for insults left and right while clearly just butthurt about people calling you retarded.

>> No.4541245

>>4541240
>greentext/reaction image shitpost

So your pic applies to you?

>> No.4541248

>>4541245
>So your pic applies to you?
You did not seriously just do this. Literally a verbal fedora tip, lol...

>> No.4541252
File: 510 KB, 621x672, unseaed-40506-ramsay.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4541252

>>4541245
>you're retarded because you criticize my game
>can't figure out who a reaction image applies to
>b-but I knew, I was just making a cringe insult, h-haha

>> No.4541257
File: 21 KB, 552x559, the_element_of_pure_disgust.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4541257

>>4541245
>So your pic applies to you?

>> No.4541258

>>4541245
I can't tell if you're new, really fucking stupid, or actually autistic enough to try and make this "comeback".

>> No.4541259

>>4541248

Oh a fedora tip, is that /v/'s latest play on the fedora meme? What else is someone going to say to such a weak post, "nice reaction pic kek"?

>> No.4541261
File: 13 KB, 380x379, f_69af6d475a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4541261

>>4541259
>What else is someone going to say to such a weak post
So the best plan you could come up with was to purposely act autistic?

lol...

>> No.4541264

>>4541258

That looks like a comeback to you? I'm pointing out a shitpost, that's all.

How new are you if you think >>4541240 is an acceptable post outside of /v/? Read that.

>> No.4541271

>>4541264
Read what? An image? Or are you implying that your own post is unacceptable outside of /v/? Lmao.

>> No.4541275
File: 25 KB, 398x500, 1499482256996.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4541275

>>4541264
>That looks like a comeback to you?
No, frankly it looks like a spectrum disorder manifesting in written text.
>How new are you
>calling anyone else new when he doesn't even know about "fedora tip"

>> No.4541278

>>4541264
>I'm pointing out a shitpost, that's all.
So if you were "pointing out a shitpost" and not making up a comeback, then you are actually so stupid you didn't know who the image applied to?

Lmao I've seen a lot of things, but a Majora fan calling himself retarded, that's a new one.

>> No.4541279

>>4541264
this faggot is in full on damage control mode right now

>> No.4541290

>>4541259
i like how this guy spent the entire thread calling other people retarded over a game and now he can't even say a single thing without contradicting himself and getting gangbanged by people who are literally all more intelligent than him

further evidence that mm worship should be used as criteria for euthanasia

>> No.4541293

>>4541208
Dude, you literally said that anon was stupid for him wanting the game to hold his hand, then you said it does hold your hand. Your entire fucking argument was predicated on the perceived notion that the game does not hold your hand, you can't have it both ways. Bad form my guy.

>> No.4541303

any jrpg

grandia, earthbound, mother 3, chrono trigger, secret of mana, even terranigma which is borderline and countless others, old or recent

The story fails to interest me, the gameplay is invariably tedious trash and I end up quitting after 4 hours out of boredom.

>> No.4541325
File: 551 KB, 954x668, aaa.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4541325

>play young link
>play all of MM
>play adult link

mm is when link is asleep for 7 years

depression aka your teen years

>> No.4541330

>>4541325
Nice baseless theory, faggotron.

>> No.4541353

>>4541325
MM doesn't happen until young Link warns Zelda after adult Link kills Ganon.

>> No.4541356

Any Final Fantasy past the first one.
Super Mario Bros "2" AKA The Lost Levels DLC pack.
Donkey Kong 64
Secret of Mana
CastleVania 3
Batman on the NES
TMNT on the NES
Duck Tales

I got a million of em

>> No.4543801

It's pretty interesting to hear how many people have done this with majora's mask. When I was a kid I never got far because of the time mechanic, though I loved OoT. As an adult I realized I was an idiot and the time mechanic doesn't bother me, but I still haven't gotten further than the water temple. I feel like I really like the game but something keeps me from finishing it.
I just went and started the 3DS MM remake. It seemed great at first but the first boss fight was poorly remade and way easier than the N64 version. I asked /v/ and apparently all the boss fights were totally redesigned like that. Now I know I have to play the original instead of the remaster but I can't be fucked to do all the shit in clock town again at the moment. The fucking bombchu game drives me insane.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action