[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 640 KB, 775x1200, Poo_clay.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4500825 No.4500825 [Reply] [Original]

>Paula goes missing from the party for like five hours of play time right in the middle of the game
>Poo leaves the party almost right after you get him (even worse if you forget to do Magnet Hill and Pink Cloud before Scaraba)
>"Ness lost the will to battle"

ugh

>> No.4501887

bump

>> No.4501895

If it's too hard for you I would suggest you never play another rpg ever again

>> No.4501904

>>4501895
who said anything about difficulty, drone?

>> No.4501905

That nibba is too OP.

>> No.4501916

Fuck, we were so close but this shitty thread had to not die

>> No.4501929

>>4501916
what makes it shitty, anon?

Because it pointed out nuisances?

>> No.4501939

>>4501929
You didn't present it as such, this seems like some baby crying

>> No.4501982

>>4501939
How can I make amends, o wise anon?

>> No.4501992

>>4501982

Subject: Small nuisances thread
Comment:
>Paula goes missing from the party for like five hours of play time right in the middle of the game
>Poo leaves the party almost right after you get him (even worse if you forget to do Magnet Hill and Pink Cloud before Scaraba)
>"Ness lost the will to battle"

ugh

I guarantee you would have gotten more replies and of more positive attitude this way. You come off as whining like this, you seem to start a Mother general complaining about EB as if it was hard or something.

>> No.4502012

>>4501992
I definitely think those are annoying parts of the game, though.

I don't care for how Paula is absent for such a long time. From the Fourside Dept. Store, to Moonside, the Monkey Caves to the rest of the Monotolli building. It's a very long time to go without a party member, especially when Paula already has trouble keeping up when she's underleveled due to her piss-poor defenses.

Poo's absences are also annoying, because he doesn't even join your party until a little bit passed half-way through, and having bits where he's off training just make him feel like he's in the game even less. Even worse, is that most players probably will go directly to Scaraba from Summers, making Poo only available for the duration of the Pyramid before he leaves to learn Starstorm.

I would have at least appeciated sections where you could have played as Paula or Poo independently during their absences.
I honestly kind of feel that Earthbound focuses too much on Ness in relation to the other characters.

>> No.4502018

>>4502012
At the end of the day these aren't much more than small nuisances since the game is not really challenging. The bit about Paula I feel is a bit like "you're used to having her magic stuff to save your ass, now let's throw you this curveball to see how you manage".

>> No.4502028

>>4502018
I dunno, I feel like the Fourside department store would kick your shit in even with Paula.

>> No.4502045

>>4502028
That part is a bit of a spike, sure, but at the end of the day the game is not that bad at all.

>> No.4502063

>>4502045
I don't think the game is hard, though.
I think there's spike here and there, some normal encounters can be tough if you don't know certain enemy weaknesses. Bosses are pretty much all push overs. Psi Freeze Omega, Big/Multi-Bottle Rockets and Startstorm are all "I win" buttons.
Heck, on my present play though, I've been going without defensive equips (just weapons) and the game still isn't hard.

but I still dislike those sections I've mentioned, partially for gameplay reasons, partially for narrative reasons.

>> No.4502072

>>4502063
Man, if this bothered you, playing the part of FFV when you don't have Lenna would probably make you shit your pants lol

>> No.4502073

>>4502072
maybe!

>> No.4502184

>not investing in tools for Jeff
Lol

>> No.4502261

>>4502184
>needing stuff like the slime generator when Jeff has high damage output and bottle rockets are dirt cheap