[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 266 KB, 905x881, w7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4418907 No.4418907[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

is there ANYWAY to reason with nostalgiafags?

>> No.4418910

>>4418907
Don't listen to them.

>> No.4418914

How can there be "reasoning" over an issue that is subjective opinion?

>> No.4418915

No. They expect everyone to participate in their delusion.

>> No.4418918

>>4418914
sometimes you have to concede to objective facts

>> No.4418921

>>4418918
Like how the Genesis sounds like robot farts?

>> No.4418928

>>4418921
no, that is an opinion. a good example using the genesis would be "not accounting for personal taste, the snes objectively has a superior soundchip"

>> No.4418973

Good news for us that the average internet user is finally the age to never have had nostalgia over pre-2000 consoles so hopefully they'll eventually leave us alone. Seeing youtube comments about the "good old days of the Wii" make me chuckle though.

>> No.4418974

>>4418907
>Mobile poster
>Whining about other people
https://archive.org/stream/RulesOfTheInternet/RulesOfTheInternet..txt
Get familiar with these. They're kind of important.

Anyways, just to give you an answer here, look, mate.
For anyone who is old enough to remember these games coming out, and we remember what was going on in our lives around that period of time, we remember why these games were important to us, what they did that was so different and why it blew our minds. Me personally, I remember when Bump 'n' Jump came out. That game was my favorite. I was 8 years old, I was having a good time with it. My brothers and I were also having a good time with it. Even my Dad liked it. It was fun. My brothers and I would go mow lawns just so we could get money to play these games. Dad would chip in a little towards us playing, but Mom always said we had to pay our own way for anything Arcade-related. She didn't like video games, said it was a waste of time. She was right, but it was a fun waste of time, just like solitaire for her.
Anyway, tangents aside, it was a good time in my life. I really like Bump 'n' Jump. It reminds me of a better time. It's not the only reason I try to get those feelings back, but it reminds me of some of my lost loved ones. Keeps a smile on my face some days.

I'm sure there's something in your life that does something similar for you. I don't think everyone else is like me in this regard, but I think it's definitely something to think about. I'm not gonna tell you how something has to be played, but I am gonna say why I really enjoyed or disliked a game.

>> No.4418981

>>4418907
>t. millennial

>> No.4418986

>>4418981
More like gen Z at this point.

>> No.4418989

Obviously not.
Take /v/. Nostalgic as fuck for 6th gen.

>> No.4418996
File: 128 KB, 1901x1080, nou.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4418974
>mobile poster
hi newfriend

>> No.4419005

>>4418907
But....why do you care? Are you on some crusade to make other anons see things your way?

Just ignore them and move on. Or feed and bang your head against the wall. It's your life anon. And I get it, shitters in every thread gets real fucking old, but trying to bring sense to someone who is convinced they're right can be pointless they'll just keep doubling down or may just be a troll in the end.

I'd love for /vr/ to be full of comfy threads but idk if it ever will. I also tend to think it's good we're not all of one mind. The nature of the beast is that there's so many people here all with different levels of information, misinformtion and experience with their particular hardware and/or memories. So much variance in what people say is "good" that facts can become opinions and vis versa. Is it a shit game? Nostalgia can make it a good game. I don't know. I don't know after all these years what's "best"-- all I can say is what I like....but it might be shit, I don't know. You can't make someone see things differently is what I'm saying I guess, however right you are..

>> No.4419007

>>4419005
everything about this post screams reddit

>> No.4419008

>>4419007
I agree. 4chan was never about singing kumbaya... but constant and eternal conflict.

>> No.4419009

>>4419008
as if you'd know in the first place. kek