[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 119 KB, 602x850, dudley.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
441451 No.441451 [Reply] [Original]

/vr/, I want to know if I'm the only person out there that has this problem

>love retro games
>love franchises like Street Fighter, Metroid, Mega Man, Castlevania
>have never beaten a single game from any of these franchises

It's a really weird feeling. I love Mega Man, SF and Castlevania (among others) for their games and character designs. Dhalsim, Samus, X, and Simon Belmont are some of my favorite characters in gaming. I'm all over merchandise, especially artbooks.

All that being said, I have never beaten a single game from any of these franchises. I've played many and sucked at all of them.

Is it weird to say I love these franchises? Is it justified if I've never beaten a single game from any of them? Does anybody else feel this way about a particular franchise?

>> No.441461

Love what you want, dude. Nobody's going to stop you.

>> No.441468

It's not weird at all OP. Heck some people love franchises without ever having played a game from them.

>> No.441485

I think it's perfectly fine. I never beat Mega Man X as a kid, but I played it nearly every day. It's not really any different than someone who loves to play basketball, but absolutely sucks. It's all about the enjoyment you get out of it, not necessarily "winning".

>> No.442618
File: 6 KB, 600x505, robotron2084.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>441451
>Is it justified if I've never beaten a single game from any of them?

You don't have to be a master at a game in order to like it.

By that logic it would be impossible to like games without endings, but that is clearly not the case.

>> No.442657

It's not weird. As long as you're experiencing the games and getting enjoyment from them, you can say you love them all you like. In fact, I think seeing the ending isn't even that important in comparison.

>> No.442691

At least you've played them.

It makes you better than suchanerds.

>> No.442702

What do you mean you've never beaten a SF game? You've never beaten Bison? If so, turn the difficulty down or stop being a pussy and go beat it. It'll take 20 min. tops.

>> No.442752

It's weird. Not really bad, but weird.
Go and beat that shit OP. Be Arino, dedicate a day and say "I WILL beat this game" and don't give up if you die.

Start with Megaman. It has the most forgiving continue system and is probably the easiest (at least easier than castlevania)
You just have to learn to stick with it and don't get discouraged. Dying is part of the game.

>> No.443676

>>442702
Never even gotten past the second fight. I'm fucking awful at fighting games in general but I love them so much.

>>442752
th-thanks brah, I will fuckin' do it.
>we're all gonna make it

>> No.443749

OP, for this very reason I forced myself through Castlevania

It was alright. but I guess I just like the GBA/DS games better.