[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 63 KB, 367x300, database-hardware-famicomdisksystem01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4398971 No.4398971 [Reply] [Original]

How do y'all keep your cables organized? I currently have 12 different consoles (Plus a VCR/DVD player and a cable box) hooked up to two different TVs on my entertainment center, and keeping all the cables from becoming a tangled mess is impossible.

>> No.4398986

Cable ties and careful organization. I tie up the cables so I can suspend them mid-air behind the TV stand or computer desk. They're out of site and they don't get kicked around or messed with by pets.

Power strips usually have holes for mounting them with screws, so you can either screw it to the side of a wall or mount it to the back of your TV stand / desk.

>> No.4398997

>>4398971
I only use one or two at any given time, like any normal human would do!
I don't need all my consoles out, just for show because, I know that..
I don't have the time to play them all, so I just stick with one or two i'm interested in.

>> No.4399006

>>4398997
Strange way of typing you have here.

>> No.4399063

>>4398971
Lots of velcro cable ties. I'll wrap up most of the slack and tie it off from the console end (for easy access), and then tie the runs coming from my shelves to a few switch boxes.

There's still a little visible spaghetti. I'm thinking about nailing some black felt to the back of my shelves to hide it a little.

It's worth the effort. I used to have a rat's nest of cables in my gaming room, and it's much more comfy and pleasing to look at now. Also easier to vacuum and dust around. No more tangled up bullshit when I want to move something or hook up a new console.