[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 77 KB, 640x642, 149666-Cotton_-_Fantastic_Night_Dreams_(NTSC-J)-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4323901 No.4323901 [Reply] [Original]

Does /vr/ know any sweet arcade games with even better console ports? I believe Cotton has a metal as fuck soundtrack on PCE, for one.

>> No.4323917

Cotton 100% also got a slightly remixed soundtrack on Playstation.

>> No.4323921

>>4323901
1943 Kai (PCE)- contains a 2nd superior set of 4 new levels

Marvel Land (MD)- every world has extra levels

Rolling Thunder 2 (MD)- 9 levels instead of 6

Pac-Land (PCE)- contains an expert set of 32 new levels

Side Arms Special (PCE)- new mode with different powerup system and unused concept art bosses

Parodius Da (SNES)- contains all levels plus an extra, as well as an Omake Stage. The PCE version is inferior and has less levels but has a new intro, game over screen and very replayable Caravan level

Gradius I and II (PCE)- both have an extra level

Buster Bros (PCE)- arcade perfect, plus new hard world and CD soundtrack

Super Dodgeball (PCE)- new exclusive Alien mode where you recruit captains and face off a team on the moon

>> No.4323935

SNES Turtles in Time was greatly improved from the Arcade. UN Squadron plays VERY differently from the Arcade with a Map screen where you can select your mission and in-game shop.
PC Engine is full of interesting Arcade ports with new features. Legend of Valkyrie, Marchen Maze, Side Arms Dyne.
Mercs on Sega Genesis had an arranged mode with an in-game shop. Super Hang-On received a story and shop mode. Marvel Land home port gained twice as many brand new levels to make up for the graphical downgrade from the Arcade.
Mortal Kombat plays better on 16 bit consoles due to considerably easier, less cheap AI.

>> No.4323938

Not actually a port, but the Pocky Rocky SNES spinoff is way better than the Arcade.

>> No.4323942

Rabio Lepus Special on PC-Engine was totally rearranged from the Arcade. Maybe it's just me but I think it's harder too.

>> No.4323947

>>4323921
>Gradius I and II (PCE)- both have an extra level

Gradius I's options are able to follow you more accurately as well, similar to how they work in the rest of the series. That's the big thing that makes me prefer the PCE version.

>> No.4323951

Snow Bros Genesis and Bubble Bobble NES both gained 20 new levels from the arcade.
Rod Land NES as the option to enable a jump button. In fact, most NES Arcade ports play drastically different from the Arcade, not always necessarily for the better.

>> No.4323969

i wonder how silk's hair smells like

>> No.4324791

>>4323901
Some Saturn arcade ports are objectively better than the original games,even if the base game is identical they add new extra stuff like arranged soundtracks or new modes.