[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 16 KB, 274x320, fml.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4322262 No.4322262 [Reply] [Original]

Have you ever been robbed, or lost a special item/game you bought and it always bugged you knowing you will never have it back? or cant find out what the heck happened to it

>> No.4322263

didnt want to put this in the comment section for the thread...but game genie dude here:

idk if this is a weird post but. I have a story. There is a HUGE antique store just outside of my town, you can literally spend hours there. Anyway, long story short. I was searching around one day and was looking around one persons booth tucked away in a dark corner, saw a book shelf and moved some things aside....found a "mint" condition game genie still in the case, a little dusty that's all. I freaked out. It looks like someone almost hid it on purpose. Buy it, check it out...its legit. Put it into my car, and...never found it again. I always think of that and it pisses me off to no end.

>> No.4322285

>>4322262
Too many, sadly.

When I moved into my dorm for college and came back over winter break, I found that my parents had sold our Sega Genesis and all the games we had, and they got practically nothing for it. I would have honestly paid my parents more just to be able to keep it.

My little sister traded in our Dreamcast one day to buy an Xbox 360. I was pretty mad, but luckily I had already purchased my own. I still would have like to have my original childhood system.

My little sister also once stole my copy of Pokemon Sapphire that had 300+ hours on it, and I couldn't find it for months. I asked her multiple times if she had seen it, and she lied and said no. Found it months later while helping her clean her room, and she had fucking deleted my save file and never even got past the first gym. I was furious. At least I got it back eventually.

I once loaned my copy of Streets of Rage 3 to a dude I knew, who wound up in prison and I never got the game back. Who knows where it's at these days? I'm sure his landlord probably took it and sold it when he got locked up.

Oh and once some kid stole a bunch of my base set Pokemon cards. Asshole.

>> No.4322297
File: 1.67 MB, 285x285, 1414526176392.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>pack for moving
>pack childhood PS1 and Genesis into same box
>move
>18 months later
>realize console box was lost

On the bright side, nothing motivates a buying spree like great vengeance and furious anger.

>> No.4322426

>>4322263
You were probably high on bath salts and just imagined the whole thing.

>> No.4322445

most of my mold n64 games were stolen by a friend who moved away
jokes on him, he's in jail now

>> No.4322447

>>4322445
>mold
I meant old, though wherever they are they might have some on them

>> No.4322456

>>4322297
>move
>let faggot friends help
>box of game gear stuff and music CDs vanishes

>> No.4322478

>>4322262
The code booklet for pic related.

>> No.4322481

>>4322262
anyone who's ever moved has had stuff stolen

movers are literally just smuggling rings

>> No.4322697

I lost a copy of Kirby's Dreamland as a kid. In retrospect, it was probably swiped by my "friend" at the time.

>> No.4322716

I let a kid borrow my copy of Shinobi III when I was in the 7th grade and then he moved to another state without telling me or giving the game back. I still think about it from time to time.

>> No.4322720

I got a few.

My older brother sold our snes collection of about 20 games, he left us Street Fighter 2 (his favourite game), Mega Man X (was my game I paid for with my own money and had kept it in my room), and for some reason he kept Firepower 2000, and Equinox, maybe they where put aside and he didnt realise we owned them. All the classics like zelda and marios and stuff he sold, I did buy a few back but he actually sold them again which sucks.

A family friend gave me there kids old collection a few years ago, has all the classics we had and a few more, was pleased with that.

Ps1/saturn era, me and my other brother had to share games but not consoles as by then we had our own, he would constanlty steal my games and never own up to it, my mom would have to search every inch of his room for them, sometimes I'd never get them back, think he sold a them. Hell he started selling a lot of his old stuff on facebook groups, I get the notifications and I see him selling my shit from time to time.

My brothers where kinda shitty to grow up with.

Ps2 era I had a friend who was big into soccer /racing who was always at my house so I had a few games he liked, one of the last times I went over to his house I noticed he had them in his draw (just the dvds). When i got home I checked the boxes and they where empty, shit sucked, I didnt have many freinds and he was my closest and spend most weekends at my house for years, I'd of happily given them if he asked, he got into drugs anyway and I didnt speak to him after school.

Oh and another one that always bothers me, I got gta for the gba as a kid, dropped it down the side of my bed/draws, pulled that shit all out to never find the thing, had it like two days, and was just gone.

>> No.4322801

>>4322262
I moved away from my parents to finish high school at a relatives place only to come back home to find out my two sega’s, my n64, my nes, and games were thrown out because my dad said they were junk. If that wasn’t enough my SNES that a friend borrowed was stolen after they left town one day. I said fuck it and emulated everything until recently. Lesson learned, but it still sucks that I have nothing from my childhood though.

>> No.4322919
File: 4 KB, 120x116, asdf.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

fuck me, these threads always rub me the wrong way.
When I was 14 I lent my game boy advance to my friend and my old copy of pokemon gold for him to play for a while, I was too busy trying to beat GTA San Andreas at the time so i really wasn't playing it much

little did I know his fucking cunt brother went and stole it out of his room and sold it to a pawn shop for 50$, god it pisses me off to no end to this very day.

>> No.4323203

>>4322262
My original copy of FF1 for NES. Not complete in box or anything, but it was my very first game I ever played. Lent it to my cousin who never took the time to dig it up and give it back. I doubt he's sold it as I asked him to keep me in mind if he ever gets rid of his old gaming stuff, but I'm sure it's all packed away in boxes in storage.

It had a blue carebear sticker stuck on the gray plastic below the label with the initials of the kid I got it from. It was the son of some bigwig at a place my aunt worked, he was getting an SNES and gave away his old NES games.

>> No.4323224

About 8 years ago I got an N64 with a bunch of great games (I recall Mario kart, GoldenEye, and Pokemon stadium but I know there were others) at a yard sale for exactly $1. One of the best deals of my life. I had a small portable LCD screen so I packed it all up and brought it to school. I was on a sports team that had our own locker room, so I hid it in a locker and we would play games in there after practice. A lot of people knew about it. Other kids even brought in more games and controllers. One day they cleaned out all the lockers and the stuff was just gone. I don't know if a kid stole it, if a janitor took it, or if it was just thrown away. I couldn't ask the school administration about it because we weren't supposed to have it anyway.

To be honest I regret losing the little display more than the console. N64 is the retro console I'm least interested in and I have no nostalgia for it.

>> No.4323230

When I was like twelve the school bully "convinced" me to "lend" him my N64 games, which were like five. I only ever got one of them back.

>> No.4323279 [DELETED] 

>be in middle school
>talking with some friends in math about ps1 games
>black kid in class hears i have dragon ball gt
>asks if he can borrow it, i say sure
>bring it the next day and tell him he can hold it for a week

One week later:

>hey, shawntavius, you have my game?
>-oh, sorry, i forgot, i'll bring it tomorrow

Next day:
>you got my game today, shawntavius?
>-oh i totally forgot again, i even put it next to my backpack dis mornin!

Next day:
>ok, you have my game today, right?
>-oh muh brotha borrowed it n didn't give it back, i'll bring it tomorrow!

Next day:
>i want my game back
>-yo, mah brotha still has it at mah dads house, i promise i'll bring it tomorrow!
>see him after school before he gets on the bus
>remind him i want my game back the next day

Next day:
>ok, i want my game back
>-yo, i totally had it but it musta fell out mah bag in gym!
>grab the nigger's bag and start dumping his shit out on the floor looking for my game
>nigger starts making monkey sounds
>math teacher yells at us
>i tell her he stole my property
>call my brother and ask him to pick me up from school a few minutes early
>ask him to drive me to nigger's apartment building
>ask his deadbeat grimy mother for my game back
>she gives me a look like she knows what's up, hands me my game
>leave
>warn the other guys not to let nigger borrow their games unless they want them stolen

And that's also when my New York libtard public school brainwashing wore off. I've met a few cool black people since then, but the vast majority are trash and will steal shit from you the moment you trust them.

>> No.4323282

>>4323224
>least interested in N64
I too, have no appreciation for the greatest games of all time

>> No.4323286 [DELETED] 

>>4323279
yeah fuck niggers

>> No.4323295

>>4322297

But you'll never have the original games and systems you owned, it especially hurts if you painstakingly took care of them, kept them clean, kept discs unscratched, kept manuals and boxes in excellent condition etc.

>> No.4323369

>>4322262

4 years ago split up with girlfriend of 4 years, let her have all my Mega Drive games as I was being brutal with offloading stuff for when I moved out, didn't want anything 'unnecessary' and didn't play them anymore. There was a mint, complete copy of Phantasy Star IV in it.

Only recently got back into old gaming so it's only just started to bother me. Fucking kicking myself.

>> No.4323387
File: 49 KB, 222x315, King_of_Dragons_sales_flyer[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4322262
>around 9 years old with a good snes collection
>mom takes it to someone elses house without me
>leaves half of the games and brings back different ones
>ended up mixing the games with the person that lived there

pic related this game is around $80 now, it was one of the games and it was fun too

>> No.4323421

I lent my friend Eternal Darkness a few years back , we had a falling out and stopped talking, and when I was thinking of talking to him again to get it back I found out that he died of a heroin overdose. I also had a friend when I was a kid that I lent Final Fantasy Tactics to. When I asked for it back he lied and said it was his and tried to say that his scratched up copy of Mega Man X4 was mine. I hit him a bunch of times and he finally gave it back to me. The last one, I was in high school and I left my GBA on my dresser, I invited a few friends over to smoke weed and they brought a kid I didn't know well and didn't really like. He stole my GBA, which had Castlevania Aria of Sorrow in it with 98.0% clear rate. That kid wound up moving into a friends house to hide from his probation office and one day I found it at my friends and just took it without saying anything and never talked to them again.

>> No.4323429

>>4323421
Also I remember my dad sold my NES collection (about 120 games) to get the Sega Saturn. That was a huge mistake.

>> No.4323702

>>4323295
Don't be so sentimental.

>> No.4324536

Had Super Mario Land 1 on gameboy as a kid and one day it just went missing and it was never found again.

One of my siblings probably broke the cart or something like that somehow and trashed the evidence.

>> No.4324685

I had a copy of Final Fantasy for NES and Final Fantasy Adventure go missing a few years ago

It was probably stolen by one of my nephew's shady friends

>> No.4324690

>>4323421
these are tales of retribution, good on you anon.

>> No.4326946

>>4322262
Not me but my nephew had a sleepover with a "friend" who was moving away. They had played some Pokemon beforehand. While my nephew was asleep, his "friend" snuck in, slipped into the bathroom with both consoles and the link cable and traded Level 5 Magikarp for all his Pokemon. Next day, he kept them doing things that weren't game related until it was time to go home.